• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:43
CEST 16:43
KST 23:43
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
[Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8024 users

Guild Wars 2: Europe - Page 45

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 43 44 45 46 47 93 Next
DCRed
Profile Joined May 2011
Finland435 Posts
May 01 2012 15:03 GMT
#881
Sorry but if you're saying you need bang for your buck and then you've alienware you don't sound very convincing that you know what you want. This is offtopic though and doesn't belong here so onwards to actual game discussion.

Am I the only one who doesn't like hyping things up? So far after this beta weekend so many "reviews" have been over the top how this game is the second coming of Jesus Christ himself. Yes the game is good but it's not anywhere done yet, there's loads of work to be done, good thing is that this is a real beta and they actually change things if something doesn't work. I feel like so many betas these days are simply to get people interested in the game rather than actually have the game being tested by a lot of people and fix things and develop things even further.
Firebolt145
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Lalalaland34507 Posts
May 01 2012 15:08 GMT
#882
Are we really arguing about what PC he has? Let him be lol. I just commented that I hope he knows that GW2 is far from optimised yet, beyond that it's his decision what he wants to do with his own RL issues. :/
Moderator
TOCHMY
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Sweden1692 Posts
May 01 2012 15:08 GMT
#883
Great beta guys! I will probably not play the other betas. I've tried it and I know I wanna play it at release, I don't wanna spoil myself with more gameplay than I've alrdy had. I want it to be all new when the game release )
Yoona <3 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Look! It's Totoro! ☉.☉☂
Pantythief
Profile Joined February 2012
Denmark657 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-01 15:36:40
May 01 2012 15:31 GMT
#884
On May 02 2012 00:03 DCRed wrote:
Sorry but if you're saying you need bang for your buck and then you've alienware you don't sound very convincing that you know what you want. This is offtopic though and doesn't belong here so onwards to actual game discussion.

Am I the only one who doesn't like hyping things up? So far after this beta weekend so many "reviews" have been over the top how this game is the second coming of Jesus Christ himself. Yes the game is good but it's not anywhere done yet, there's loads of work to be done, good thing is that this is a real beta and they actually change things if something doesn't work. I feel like so many betas these days are simply to get people interested in the game rather than actually have the game being tested by a lot of people and fix things and develop things even further.


Holy fuck, you just didn't read the whole post, did you?

Did Valashu tell you to fuck with me, or are you being serious, because I don't see the joke, to be honest.

On May 02 2012 00:08 Firebolt145 wrote:
Are we really arguing about what PC he has? Let him be lol. I just commented that I hope he knows that GW2 is far from optimised yet, beyond that it's his decision what he wants to do with his own RL issues. :/


I agree, this has been really eye-opening for me, to say the least.

And, of course I know it's unoptimized, even my laptop is way above the minimum requirements. But I've wanted a decent gaming setup for a long time now, considering I don't actually have one, so I thought it was about time.
afkøaoilncpsdpdnaædc
Valashu
Profile Joined August 2010
Netherlands561 Posts
May 01 2012 15:33 GMT
#885
I guess the golden rule does not apply if the other person does not have the same values as you do.

I told you some stuff about the hardware and you are using it for the things it's ment to do, we should be done now.
I also never said Alienware had bad products, I said you pay a premium for the hardware because of the brand name, which is hardly news.
You didn't receive bashing from me at all.
I did not say you were going to to make a bad decision, I saw the possibility for you make an uninformed one and five minutes of my time might save you weeks.

I want to play GW2 with you aswell but you need to stop taking this as a personal insult instead of simple inquiry, something that happens in every community.

This 'arguement' is over as far as I'm concerned.
The superior pilot uses his superior judgement to avoid exercising his superior skill.
Pantythief
Profile Joined February 2012
Denmark657 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-01 15:47:25
May 01 2012 15:44 GMT
#886
On May 02 2012 00:33 Valashu wrote:
I guess the golden rule does not apply if the other person does not have the same values as you do.

I told you some stuff about the hardware and you are using it for the things it's ment to do, we should be done now.
I also never said Alienware had bad products, I said you pay a premium for the hardware because of the brand name, which is hardly news.
You didn't receive bashing from me at all.
I did not say you were going to to make a bad decision, I saw the possibility for you make an uninformed one and five minutes of my time might save you weeks.

I want to play GW2 with you aswell but you need to stop taking this as a personal insult instead of simple inquiry, something that happens in every community.

This 'arguement' is over as far as I'm concerned.


It's over when you stop replying with "this argument is over, but here's what I have to say anyway."

Yes, you are correct, you did tell me what I could use my hardware for. But believe it or not, I knew what I was going to use the desktop for before I bought it, who would've thought?

On a serious note, I don't care what you think about Alienware, I'm not "defending" Dell. I don't care about Dell nor Alienware. I paid for a laptop that was constructed by Alienware, over 2 years ago. I couldn't care less about what you think of Alienware. I bought a desktop so I can play games on it. The desktop is not made by Alienware.

I'm not taking "this" as "personal insult", I'm telling you, you are annoying, stop being annoying, read all the text written in my posts, then reply back. You seem to ignore half of the things I say, which, again, is.. well, annoying.


...
afkøaoilncpsdpdnaædc
Firebolt145
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Lalalaland34507 Posts
May 01 2012 15:46 GMT
#887
Funnily enough my latest laptop that I bought about 2 months ago is Alienware, but that's because I know next to nothing about building computers and I'm lazy to learn anything. I just wanted a really good rig that would last me several years.
Moderator
Pantythief
Profile Joined February 2012
Denmark657 Posts
May 01 2012 15:51 GMT
#888
On May 02 2012 00:46 Firebolt145 wrote:
Funnily enough my latest laptop that I bought about 2 months ago is Alienware, but that's because I know next to nothing about building computers and I'm lazy to learn anything. I just wanted a really good rig that would last me several years.


I got mine because of the looks (ego) and performance (as stated twice already)

Now I study in Copenhagen so it'll still do me good, and I'm still really happy that I got it. If you only got yours recently I'm sure you can play Guild Wars 2 on it on max, considering that Alienware are promoting Guild Wars 2 performance on their laptops.

afkøaoilncpsdpdnaædc
Firebolt145
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Lalalaland34507 Posts
May 01 2012 15:54 GMT
#889
I hope so. On medium settings I was running at about 40 fps, on max I was running on about 20 fps, so I'm hoping that they'll improve their optimisation by a big chunk :D
Moderator
Pantythief
Profile Joined February 2012
Denmark657 Posts
May 01 2012 15:56 GMT
#890
On May 02 2012 00:54 Firebolt145 wrote:
I hope so. On medium settings I was running at about 40 fps, on max I was running on about 20 fps, so I'm hoping that they'll improve their optimisation by a big chunk :D


They definitely will, I'm sure. Guild Wars 2 is using the same engine as Guild Wars 1, so.
afkøaoilncpsdpdnaædc
DCRed
Profile Joined May 2011
Finland435 Posts
May 01 2012 15:57 GMT
#891
On May 02 2012 00:31 Pantythief wrote:
Did Valashu tell you to fuck with me, or are you being serious, because I don't see the joke, to be honest.


No? I don't know you nor Valashu, and if you assume I'm in this guild I'm not. Seeing how there seems to be some friction between you two(the leaders of this) I've no interest either to be part of it. I don't know why you got so worked up when your initial post looked like you impulse bought new computer 'cause of game which is not optimized yet and people commented on that.
Pantythief
Profile Joined February 2012
Denmark657 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-01 16:05:30
May 01 2012 16:03 GMT
#892
On May 02 2012 00:57 DCRed wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 02 2012 00:31 Pantythief wrote:
Did Valashu tell you to fuck with me, or are you being serious, because I don't see the joke, to be honest.


No? I don't know you nor Valashu, and if you assume I'm in this guild I'm not. Seeing how there seems to be some friction between you two(the leaders of this) I've no interest either to be part of it. I don't know why you got so worked up when your initial post looked like you impulse bought new computer 'cause of game which is not optimized yet and people commented on that.


I'm "worked up" because even after explaining myself several times, people still don't understand, nor do they read. It's annoying, simple as that. The least I expect from people using this thread is that they think and they reply, at the same time.

There's no "friction" between me and Valashu, so I don't know where you want to go with that. I have my blunt ways of replying on the internet, and if you don't like that, then I suggest you send me a p/m telling me, how to specifically address you. Perhaps you're being overanalytic, chap.
afkøaoilncpsdpdnaædc
Valashu
Profile Joined August 2010
Netherlands561 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-01 16:09:20
May 01 2012 16:05 GMT
#893
When did I bash Alienware? read my posts.
I know your desktop is not Alienware and even when I assumed it was I didn't give my opinion on it, I just stated a fact.

Putting too much effort into this lost cause, I hope you'll have fun with your pc.
The superior pilot uses his superior judgement to avoid exercising his superior skill.
Pantythief
Profile Joined February 2012
Denmark657 Posts
May 01 2012 16:09 GMT
#894
On May 02 2012 01:05 Valashu wrote:
When did I bash Alienware? read my posts.
I know your desktop is not Alienware and even when I assumed it was I didn't give my opinion on it, I just stated a fact.

Putting too much effort into this lost cause, have fun with your pc.


You didn't bash Alienware and funnily enough, I never said you did. I don't see why you would assume it's Alienware because I never said it was, in fact, I said it wasn't. More than once.

Atleast you're getting it now. Thanks a lot, I'm sure I will.
afkøaoilncpsdpdnaædc
Valashu
Profile Joined August 2010
Netherlands561 Posts
May 01 2012 16:17 GMT
#895
On May 01 2012 23:52 Pantythief wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 01 2012 23:18 Valashu wrote:
We're all relative strangers discussing a game and trying to help out guildies and a way to help someone is to ask questions about something they want to do.
This not an attack on you as a person but a genuine question to see how much you thought something through because all of us have experienced the stress and drama that occurs when you find out that what you bought performs below expectations
and we do not want that to happen to you or anyone else for that matter.

This isn't an interrogation, you're a member of our guild and we want the best for you and we care enough to spend time writing walls of text to make sure you know what you're getting into.

You awnsered and you're using the extra features that the hardware provides so you're fine, most people however, will never make use of it and I wanted to make sure you weren't one of them.

EDIT: sounds a bit cheesy but it's true.


You're assuming that I didn't think things through before I made my purchase, that to me is pretty annoying considering I probably make less than any of you and I need bang on the buck components more than anyone. Furthermore, you're putting words into my mouth, I never asked for help, I simply said, "hey guys, great news, listen up" and then people went on about why I bought a laptop from Alienware over 2 years ago and kept on that subject, rather than minding their own business. I could ask you why you buy underwear from a specific brand, and then go on about "well, you see, these underpants are actually just as effective as those you bought, and you could've saved $9,99, so I suggest you send them back." I realize you're trying to be, um, productive, but I really don't want to hear people tell me what I can do with my money, unless I ask them. It's rude, really, despite the intentions.

Also, I would appreciate if you remember who you're talking to, and just for the record, people don't care about "writing walls of texts to make sure I know what I'm doing", people care about telling me how overpriced Alienware is, and wonder why I even got one in the first place, which brings me back to my initial point: mind your own business. If you want to help, then begin with someone who needs it. Then perhaps ask him or her what she's after instead if assuming that most people spontaneously make bad decisions all the time.

Please, enough about "why u buy alienwarz omg?!?!efdshbnu nhoob!", I for one am happy that I can play Guild Wars 2 with you guys now, but I suppose the feelings aren't as mutual as I thought they would be.


I read this as if it were directed to me, if it's not then I guess we miscommunicated somewhere along the line.
The superior pilot uses his superior judgement to avoid exercising his superior skill.
Pantythief
Profile Joined February 2012
Denmark657 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-01 16:22:05
May 01 2012 16:19 GMT
#896
On May 02 2012 01:17 Valashu wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 01 2012 23:52 Pantythief wrote:
On May 01 2012 23:18 Valashu wrote:
We're all relative strangers discussing a game and trying to help out guildies and a way to help someone is to ask questions about something they want to do.
This not an attack on you as a person but a genuine question to see how much you thought something through because all of us have experienced the stress and drama that occurs when you find out that what you bought performs below expectations
and we do not want that to happen to you or anyone else for that matter.

This isn't an interrogation, you're a member of our guild and we want the best for you and we care enough to spend time writing walls of text to make sure you know what you're getting into.

You awnsered and you're using the extra features that the hardware provides so you're fine, most people however, will never make use of it and I wanted to make sure you weren't one of them.

EDIT: sounds a bit cheesy but it's true.


You're assuming that I didn't think things through before I made my purchase, that to me is pretty annoying considering I probably make less than any of you and I need bang on the buck components more than anyone. Furthermore, you're putting words into my mouth, I never asked for help, I simply said, "hey guys, great news, listen up" and then people went on about why I bought a laptop from Alienware over 2 years ago and kept on that subject, rather than minding their own business. I could ask you why you buy underwear from a specific brand, and then go on about "well, you see, these underpants are actually just as effective as those you bought, and you could've saved $9,99, so I suggest you send them back." I realize you're trying to be, um, productive, but I really don't want to hear people tell me what I can do with my money, unless I ask them. It's rude, really, despite the intentions.

Also, I would appreciate if you remember who you're talking to, and just for the record, people don't care about "writing walls of texts to make sure I know what I'm doing", people care about telling me how overpriced Alienware is, and wonder why I even got one in the first place, which brings me back to my initial point: mind your own business. If you want to help, then begin with someone who needs it. Then perhaps ask him or her what she's after instead if assuming that most people spontaneously make bad decisions all the time.

Please, enough about "why u buy alienwarz omg?!?!efdshbnu nhoob!", I for one am happy that I can play Guild Wars 2 with you guys now, but I suppose the feelings aren't as mutual as I thought they would be.


I read this as if it were directed to me, if it's not then I guess we miscommunicated somewhere along the line.


Probably, I don't care anymore, really.

But it annoys me when THIS happens because I say "hey guys, I got a new PC so I can play with you!", you see my point?

Oh, and no, it was for everyone.
afkøaoilncpsdpdnaædc
JonnyClark
Profile Joined August 2011
United Kingdom79 Posts
May 01 2012 16:37 GMT
#897
can it be make up sex time??



on a serious note; sorry i didn't get to play with you guys, didn't have a microphone for TS ;( i had a real good time on the game though, sounds like you guys did too.

just wondering if you guys knew what is going on with GvGs and HoH? I talked to someone I'm in another guild with and he said that they will be adding it soon.

Valashu
Profile Joined August 2010
Netherlands561 Posts
May 01 2012 16:41 GMT
#898
I think I do.

I should have dropped it sooner instead of trying to figure out what was going on, knowing what would happen.

Next five posts should be dedicated to GW2 related things!
The superior pilot uses his superior judgement to avoid exercising his superior skill.
Valashu
Profile Joined August 2010
Netherlands561 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-01 16:47:35
May 01 2012 16:47 GMT
#899
On May 02 2012 01:37 JonnyClark wrote:
can it be make up sex time??



on a serious note; sorry i didn't get to play with you guys, didn't have a microphone for TS ;( i had a real good time on the game though, sounds like you guys did too.

just wondering if you guys knew what is going on with GvGs and HoH? I talked to someone I'm in another guild with and he said that they will be adding it soon.




Platonic lovemaking!

You were there with us and even if you do not have a mic, being on TS is much appreciated.

GvG and HoH? hoping they add it in a future beta but I'm not counting on it because they'd have given the press a heads-up beforehand.
The superior pilot uses his superior judgement to avoid exercising his superior skill.
Flicky
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
England2675 Posts
May 01 2012 16:58 GMT
#900
So what server did TL end up on in the end?

I played with RL friends all weekend and had a blast. Going to use these beta weekends as planning sessions. Finding some early PvP builds and levelling routes etc.

But of course, nearly all my plans for race and class have been destroyed after playing some more.

Dang.
Liquipedia"I was seriously looking for a black guy" - MrHoon
Prev 1 43 44 45 46 47 93 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Kung Fu Cup
20:00
Kung Fu Cup Weekly #26
IntoTheiNu 1092
RotterdaM666
SteadfastSC308
TKL 258
Rex126
CosmosSc2 38
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 666
SteadfastSC 308
TKL 258
Rex 126
ProTech106
CosmosSc2 38
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 44392
Calm 3459
Shuttle 2751
Jaedong 1839
Horang2 756
Mini 567
Rush 425
EffOrt 387
Soma 349
Soulkey 346
[ Show more ]
Stork 319
ZerO 248
Larva 239
BeSt 206
Snow 204
firebathero 121
Mong 119
Zeus 98
910 78
hero 74
Mind 72
sorry 68
Free 62
Sharp 49
Hyun 49
Yoon 48
Shine 39
Shinee 37
PianO 34
ToSsGirL 29
Pusan 28
JYJ 22
Sexy 20
Aegong 19
Bale 19
HiyA 18
Killer 17
Terrorterran 15
scan(afreeca) 14
Rock 11
Hm[arnc] 10
Sacsri 8
Dota 2
Gorgc5275
Dendi1150
420jenkins47
Counter-Strike
fl0m2867
Fnx 624
x6flipin79
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King134
ChuDatz26
Other Games
singsing2212
hiko795
Liquid`RaSZi606
B2W.Neo393
crisheroes355
dupreeh270
ceh9252
DeMusliM215
Khaldor209
Livibee188
Pyrionflax185
Liquid`VortiX147
Hui .122
Trikslyr94
QueenE66
ZerO(Twitch)18
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 323
Other Games
BasetradeTV233
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream29
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH241
• mYiSmile116
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV62
League of Legends
• Nemesis2060
• Jankos1643
• TFBlade573
Other Games
• Shiphtur494
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
1h 17m
The PondCast
19h 17m
INu's Battles
20h 17m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 7h
Replay Cast
1d 8h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
Patches Events
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.