• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:12
CEST 18:12
KST 01:12
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War545.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch) TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8780 users

Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs - Page 5

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All
Inkblood
Profile Joined February 2010
United States463 Posts
February 24 2012 13:22 GMT
#81
I’m really looking forward to this. The first game was awesome and if they can produce something equal to Dark Descent I’ll be thrilled. (If they surpass it . . . I won’t even know what to say. Maybe, I’ll just scream.) And what I’ve seen and heard so far, I think the game looks very promising.

As for the title. Well, at first, I heard it and thought it was like an early April fools joke or something, because it was a ridiculous title. But it grew on me quickly, and a day later I decided I loved the title. Something about it, once you think it through, is eerie, and just perfect. Whoever came up with it is a genius.
Sprungjeezy
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States1313 Posts
February 24 2012 22:14 GMT
#82
I really liked the title because like the games, you have to really guess a lot about what it means.

Also can't wait for it and really hope it's as good or better than The Dark Descent.
solidbebe
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Netherlands4921 Posts
February 24 2012 22:17 GMT
#83
The title in combination with the picture just lets my imagination run wild with very, very morbid thoughts.
That's the 2nd time in a week I've seen someone sig a quote from this GD and I have never witnessed a sig quote happen in my TL history ever before. -Najda
Diizzy
Profile Joined August 2011
United States828 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-13 07:44:25
March 13 2012 07:43 GMT
#84
nice interview they did with rockpapershotgun

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/03/12/makin-bacon-dan-pinchbeck-on-a-machine-for-pigs/

pretty excited for this game. They are sticking with the no weapons and trying to make it even scarier than the 1st. comes out halloween night!
Cosmology
Profile Joined September 2011
Canada360 Posts
March 13 2012 07:44 GMT
#85
omgomgomg, another game for me not to finish!!!!!!!
Somewhere, something amazing is waiting to be known.
trias_e
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States520 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-13 08:10:43
March 13 2012 08:10 GMT
#86
Regarding the title:

Pigs are one of the most similar animals to humans. Not much hair. Pig organs can be used for human organ transplants. etc. Pigs also get slaughtered on a regular basis, and a machine for pigs is likely to be some sort of slaughtering machine.
Deleted User 183001
Profile Joined May 2011
2939 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-13 08:16:25
March 13 2012 08:15 GMT
#87
I played the first Amnesia a few times through. It's pretty fun. Umm, people say it's the scariest game out there, but if it is, then... Idk, it just wasn't all too bad as far as scary goes. Personally, I think the scariness is terribly overrated. Very fun game though . I'm looking forward to #2 :D
Tobberoth
Profile Joined August 2010
Sweden6375 Posts
March 13 2012 08:52 GMT
#88
Looking forward to this. Playing Amnesia at the moment, and I'm definitely one of those people affected by it. I guess it just comes to your suspension of disbelief, like with most horrors. If you just see it as a game, it will obviously not scare you at all, but I really immerse myself fully when playing a game like this, it's the perfect type of horror for me where instead of short shock moments, there's this constant tension. Doesn't matter if I know in the back of my head that I can just run from monsters, that part of my brain is fortunately not intruding when I want to enjoy the scarriness of the game.
Diizzy
Profile Joined August 2011
United States828 Posts
March 13 2012 08:57 GMT
#89
yeah if you actually look at the picture it kinda looks like a human body with his head and arms cut off
CrazyF1r3f0x
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States2120 Posts
April 04 2012 02:18 GMT
#90
Q4 isn't too far off Though I hope the production time that's only like ~1 year doesn't impact the quality of the game.
"Actual happiness always looks pretty squalid in comparison with the overcompensations for misery."
Supamang
Profile Joined June 2010
United States2298 Posts
June 15 2012 05:22 GMT
#91
Teaser trailer for A Machine for Pigs. Doesn't really show much, but then again its only a teaser.

Teence
Profile Joined February 2012
Canada157 Posts
June 15 2012 05:34 GMT
#92
I'm excited to see how Frictional incorporates outdoor environments into their horror framework, especially when you consider that much of Amnesia's scare factor was based on chance encounters in cramped hallways.

On a side note, I can't see any enemy that grunts like a pig being more disturbing than the monsters in Amnesia, although I know that's completely subjective. For some reason, I'm picturing something like Bebop from Ninja Turtles :D
rebuffering
Profile Joined December 2010
Canada2436 Posts
June 15 2012 05:43 GMT
#93
hell, im excited! even that short teaser is enough to freak me out, cant wait!
http://www.twitch.tv/rebufferingg
Avaloch
Profile Joined August 2010
241 Posts
June 15 2012 14:02 GMT
#94
I remember watching someone stream their play through of Dark Descent and it already scared the hell out of me. This teaser is even more creepy... @_@
Zambrah
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States7393 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-16 03:17:22
June 16 2012 03:15 GMT
#95
On June 15 2012 14:34 Teence wrote:
I'm excited to see how Frictional incorporates outdoor environments into their horror framework, especially when you consider that much of Amnesia's scare factor was based on chance encounters in cramped hallways.

On a side note, I can't see any enemy that grunts like a pig being more disturbing than the monsters in Amnesia, although I know that's completely subjective. For some reason, I'm picturing something like Bebop from Ninja Turtles :D


I imagine the pig monsters as terrible abberations, much like the ones in The Dark Descent, they'd be amalgamations of flesh with steel, I picture large hump back monsters with pig heads pointing upwards, large steel framework bursting from the raw, bloody, decaying flesh, a sickening combination of steel and slaughtered pig.

Incidentally, I really hope A Machine for Pigs is as beautiful atmospheric as the original, I REALLY didn't care for A:tDD's story, but this one... I REALLY think I could get into this one, the last was a little out there for me, but this, this seems JUST up my alley, if the frame work from A:tDD is still there, I'm going to cream my pants.

EDIT: Also, I hope the scenes are darker and generally more visually distorted than the teaser portrays, part of Amnesia's immense power as a terrifying game lies in the denial of concrete visual information, and I can see the experience being lessened heavily without that skewing darkness.
Incremental change is the Democrat version of Trickle Down economics.
dronescout
Profile Joined March 2010
Iceland246 Posts
June 16 2012 13:31 GMT
#96
By the look of this teaser it looks like Machine for pigs will be like Black Plague was to the Penumbra series. Kind of like a really big expansion with modification.
I will destroy everyone in 2017
MichaelDonovan
Profile Joined June 2011
United States1453 Posts
June 16 2012 13:52 GMT
#97
If the Dear Esther writers are working on it, you can bet your ass it's going to be full of symbolism and suspense. Pretty exciting. I hope Day9 plays this one on stream too. Dark Descent was really funny to watch.
solidbebe
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Netherlands4921 Posts
June 16 2012 14:02 GMT
#98
Damn that teaser lol, the pig thing didn't sound THAT scary but really if there's no suspense build up before hand then almost nothing is scary.
That's the 2nd time in a week I've seen someone sig a quote from this GD and I have never witnessed a sig quote happen in my TL history ever before. -Najda
Diizzy
Profile Joined August 2011
United States828 Posts
June 16 2012 14:09 GMT
#99
i imagine machine for pigs story to be something like a butchery, where pigs are hung on those hooks but instead someone used it for humans.
UniversalSnip
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
9871 Posts
June 16 2012 15:49 GMT
#100
i lost interest when i found out the game wasn't being developed by any of the same people. I'm not saying it will or won't be good, but now i have no reason to have expectations. I don't really understand why this little indie developer would have such a huge hit and then risk their only popular franchise by having somebody else make the sequel.
"How fucking dare you defile the sanctity of DotA with your fucking casual plebian terminology? May the curse of Gaben and Volvo be upon you. le filthy casual."
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 48m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech147
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 39042
Leta 864
Horang2 281
firebathero 193
Trap 159
Zeus 107
Hyun 70
soO 59
ToSsGirL 37
Aegong 24
[ Show more ]
Rock 22
scan(afreeca) 17
Bishop 13
Noble 10
Sacsri 8
Dota 2
Gorgc8842
Dendi885
XaKoH 292
420jenkins206
Counter-Strike
fl0m4394
Other Games
singsing2097
Beastyqt643
mouzStarbuck330
byalli278
KnowMe223
Hui .177
QueenE83
BRAT_OK 15
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• poizon28 57
• 3DClanTV 29
• Adnapsc2 12
• Response 8
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Airneanach61
• FirePhoenix14
• Michael_bg 12
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1303
Other Games
• Shiphtur520
Upcoming Events
AI Arena Tournament
48m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2h 48m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
17h 48m
Patches Events
22h 48m
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 2h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 2h
OSC
1d 6h
OSC
1d 19h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.