• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:12
CEST 18:12
KST 01:12
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War545.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch) TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8717 users

Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs - Page 3

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 7 8 9 Next All
Ryhn
Profile Joined February 2010
United States509 Posts
February 23 2012 04:47 GMT
#41
On February 23 2012 13:45 ClysmiC wrote:
Amnesia didn't quite do it for me. To start, I was scared out of my mind because I came into it not knowing what to expect and I was quite terrified. But after like 2 hours of playing, each monster encounter is EXACTLY like all of the other ones. They are also sometimes forced... overally they just got way too predictable and easy. The storyline was interesting to follow, but the game just got less and less scary as it went on.

I might get the second one if it is ever cheap or on sale. Hopefully they will fix the things that made their first game fall just short of amazing.



In the interview they mention that they're mixing it up a lot to keep things scary, trying to avoid the patterns that defused the game for some players.
Famous Books Written by Progamers - "Clam: Mastering your other self"
jmbthirteen
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States10734 Posts
February 23 2012 04:51 GMT
#42
I can't wait to watch Day9 scream in terror again.
www.superbeerbrothers.com
Disengaged
Profile Joined July 2010
United States6994 Posts
February 23 2012 04:55 GMT
#43
On February 13 2012 00:30 Aeres wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 12 2012 14:56 matiK23 wrote:
Hmm does that mean the monster in this one will hop at you with both arms foward and an ancient chinese seal on its face?

Actually, I have a source within Frictional Games; he says they have a pretty good idea of what the new monster will look like. He gave me a piece of concept art, too.

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


That is damn scary.
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
February 23 2012 05:15 GMT
#44
i MUST
hAVE
THIS
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Shock710
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Australia6097 Posts
February 23 2012 05:29 GMT
#45
On February 23 2012 13:51 jmbthirteen wrote:
I can't wait to watch Day9 scream in terror again.

We must get day9 to play this one SOOO BADLY
the first was he did was so awesome, i myself who was too scared to play the game watch day9 go through it and even tho some people will call me patheic or something along those lines, i just found the view through day9 way more enjoyable and just the right amount of scary for me
imo day9 and amnesia is the best combo
dAPhREAk gives Shock a * | [23:55] <Shock710> that was out of context -_- [16:26] <@motbob> Good question, Shock!
Eiii
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States2566 Posts
February 23 2012 05:42 GMT
#46
Welp, this is going to be gory as fuck.

...can't wait to watch playthroughs of it! :D
:3
Kamais Ookin
Profile Joined January 2012
Canada591 Posts
February 23 2012 05:50 GMT
#47
I'm so pumped for this, beat the original Amnesia ofc and it was ghastly!
MAL Profile: http://myanimelist.net/profile/Kamais_Ookin Twitch account streaming fighting games and PC games, etc twitch.tv/kamais_ookin
PolskaGora
Profile Joined May 2011
United States547 Posts
February 23 2012 06:05 GMT
#48
Yeah, like the others I really want to see Day9 play through this, but before I do I really hope to experience this game legitimately. I finished Dark Descent after watching Day9 play through it and even though I knew where all the scary parts were I was still really scared. I can't imagine how it'd be like if I played the whole thing through without expectations. I just hope I'll finish it before Day9 plays it because one of the best things about Day9 playing it through was the chat!
Tracking treasure down
Ryhn
Profile Joined February 2010
United States509 Posts
February 23 2012 06:19 GMT
#49
On February 23 2012 15:05 PolskaGora wrote:
Yeah, like the others I really want to see Day9 play through this, but before I do I really hope to experience this game legitimately. I finished Dark Descent after watching Day9 play through it and even though I knew where all the scary parts were I was still really scared. I can't imagine how it'd be like if I played the whole thing through without expectations. I just hope I'll finish it before Day9 plays it because one of the best things about Day9 playing it through was the chat!



For sure,. I was another person who experienced the game through Day9 after only playing a little of the game on my own.

Want to do this one right, and I sure hope it's more than a worthy successor to the original.
Famous Books Written by Progamers - "Clam: Mastering your other self"
Kyuukyuu
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Canada6263 Posts
February 23 2012 06:21 GMT
#50
oh man i am pretty excited about this
Hesmyrr
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada5776 Posts
February 23 2012 06:33 GMT
#51
I'm actually quite hyped about the title. Hope they invented some messed up yet ingenious reason behind naming a game 'a machine for pigs'.
"If watching the MSL finals makes you a progamer, then anyone in Korea can do it." - Ha Tae Ki
Jooms
Profile Joined August 2010
18 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-23 10:12:05
February 23 2012 10:11 GMT
#52
First one was truly a pleasure to play. I am really looking forward to this.

what a sick title too..
Bloodash
Profile Joined April 2010
Netherlands1384 Posts
February 23 2012 11:37 GMT
#53
day1 buy for me, I've never experienced fear so vividly in Amnesia, its just something you have to try out =)
I'll bite this hand that feeds me, and take it for my own!
MelodyBW
Profile Joined November 2011
Ukraine154 Posts
February 23 2012 11:46 GMT
#54
Looking forward to Day[9] playing it
Xeteh
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States589 Posts
February 23 2012 11:46 GMT
#55
A game I have absolutely zero desire to play because I'm a huge pansy but I hope it does well. Watching people play Amnesia was amazing.
killa_robot
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada1884 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-23 11:52:39
February 23 2012 11:51 GMT
#56
On February 12 2012 14:59 Torte de Lini wrote:
Hopefully the story won't suck balls and there will be more variety in enemies. While I was scared like a pansy really far in, I soon learned that just running around or really fast past them worked out really easily and just killed the game for me.

If they really up their game, this will be amazing!


Yeah, I had a few legitimate frights up until that first (maybe there's more?) water area where all you see is some feet run around. I died there.I tried to hop from safe place to safe place but failed. Then I got killed, and expected to actually see the monster, but got nothing. Then I start thinking:

"So I'm supposed to be scared of footprints in the water? Lol okay."

And so I just ran through the area, and I made it. That killed it for me. I get the monster being invisible or something like that, but when it kills you, you should actually see it. You need to be able to make the connection that the feet in the water is actually a horrifying creature, that you need to be afraid of, yet there was nothing.

However I'm hyped for this game.
KaiserJohan
Profile Joined May 2010
Sweden1808 Posts
February 23 2012 12:25 GMT
#57
On February 23 2012 20:51 killa_robot wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 12 2012 14:59 Torte de Lini wrote:
Hopefully the story won't suck balls and there will be more variety in enemies. While I was scared like a pansy really far in, I soon learned that just running around or really fast past them worked out really easily and just killed the game for me.

If they really up their game, this will be amazing!


Yeah, I had a few legitimate frights up until that first (maybe there's more?) water area where all you see is some feet run around. I died there.I tried to hop from safe place to safe place but failed. Then I got killed, and expected to actually see the monster, but got nothing. Then I start thinking:

"So I'm supposed to be scared of footprints in the water? Lol okay."

And so I just ran through the area, and I made it. That killed it for me. I get the monster being invisible or something like that, but when it kills you, you should actually see it. You need to be able to make the connection that the feet in the water is actually a horrifying creature, that you need to be afraid of, yet there was nothing.

However I'm hyped for this game.


Well it's the same thing with the monsters.
Once you know how they work - they see you, you just run in a room and shut the door - they gone forever.

I think the monsters were a litle too predictable and easy to read. They should be more random, that way they'd be more scary.
England will fight to the last American
chocopaw
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
2072 Posts
February 23 2012 12:36 GMT
#58
On February 23 2012 20:46 MelodyBW wrote:
Looking forward to Day[9] playing it


This.
If they're smart they will arrange a sponsored stream.
http://twitter.com/lechocopaw
Razakel
Profile Joined April 2011
Ireland466 Posts
February 23 2012 13:21 GMT
#59
On February 23 2012 21:25 KaiserJohan wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 23 2012 20:51 killa_robot wrote:
On February 12 2012 14:59 Torte de Lini wrote:
Hopefully the story won't suck balls and there will be more variety in enemies. While I was scared like a pansy really far in, I soon learned that just running around or really fast past them worked out really easily and just killed the game for me.

If they really up their game, this will be amazing!


Yeah, I had a few legitimate frights up until that first (maybe there's more?) water area where all you see is some feet run around. I died there.I tried to hop from safe place to safe place but failed. Then I got killed, and expected to actually see the monster, but got nothing. Then I start thinking:

"So I'm supposed to be scared of footprints in the water? Lol okay."

And so I just ran through the area, and I made it. That killed it for me. I get the monster being invisible or something like that, but when it kills you, you should actually see it. You need to be able to make the connection that the feet in the water is actually a horrifying creature, that you need to be afraid of, yet there was nothing.

However I'm hyped for this game.


Well it's the same thing with the monsters.
Once you know how they work - they see you, you just run in a room and shut the door - they gone forever.

I think the monsters were a litle too predictable and easy to read. They should be more random, that way they'd be more scary.


Sometimes the monster would break through the door, but I know what you mean.

It also didn't help that the game had some silly bugs - like if you held a barrel up in front of you, the monsters would be unable to detect you if you stayed still.

I'm still looking forward to it, the above things kind of sucked about the first Amnesia, but if they fix them then A Machine For Pigs will be a 10/10 experience.
DifuntO
Profile Joined November 2011
Greece2376 Posts
February 23 2012 14:04 GMT
#60
Nice! Can't wait to see some gameplay.
All I do is Stim.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 7 8 9 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 48m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech147
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 39042
Leta 864
Horang2 281
firebathero 193
Trap 159
Zeus 107
Hyun 70
soO 59
ToSsGirL 37
Aegong 24
[ Show more ]
Rock 22
scan(afreeca) 17
Bishop 13
Noble 10
Sacsri 8
Dota 2
Gorgc8842
Dendi885
XaKoH 292
420jenkins206
Counter-Strike
fl0m4394
Other Games
singsing2097
Beastyqt643
mouzStarbuck330
byalli278
KnowMe223
Hui .177
QueenE83
BRAT_OK 15
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• poizon28 57
• 3DClanTV 29
• Adnapsc2 12
• Response 8
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Airneanach61
• FirePhoenix14
• Michael_bg 12
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1303
Other Games
• Shiphtur520
Upcoming Events
AI Arena Tournament
48m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2h 48m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
17h 48m
Patches Events
22h 48m
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 2h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 2h
OSC
1d 6h
OSC
1d 19h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.