• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:12
CEST 18:12
KST 01:12
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War545.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch) TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8717 users

Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs - Page 7

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 Next All
sent1nel
Profile Joined April 2012
Sweden47 Posts
August 15 2013 23:50 GMT
#121
So according to Frictional Games they're looking at a Q3 release, anyone heard anything new about aamfp? Strange they havent come out with an exact date considering we're nearing the end of Q3
Lycaeus
Profile Blog Joined February 2006
United States1420 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-16 16:34:56
August 16 2013 16:34 GMT
#122
So, the secret is out- Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs is set for release on 10th September! Can't wait for all you little piggies to play it.

-ChineseRoom



http://www.moddb.com/games/amnesia-a-machine-for-pigs/

I'm really excited, as the previous title was one of my favorites.
KingDime
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Canada750 Posts
August 16 2013 16:47 GMT
#123
Wonder if the sequel will be as easy to break as the first

Will definitely do a normal playthrough first of course!
Doom Guy
Chubs01
Profile Joined February 2013
United States25 Posts
August 16 2013 17:28 GMT
#124
So we get Day9 to play this one too? right? riiigghttt? :D
Qwyn
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States2781 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-16 22:38:13
August 16 2013 17:38 GMT
#125
YYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEESSSSS!

10th of September is so fucking close! I can't fucking wait.

And yes Chubs01, Day9 WILL be playing this as his Halloween game.

SO EXCITED! This is going to be amazing.
"Think of the hysteria following the realization that they consciously consume babies and raise the dead people from their graves" - N0
Kyhol
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Canada2575 Posts
August 16 2013 17:46 GMT
#126
Great news. I'll be buying this opening night.
Wishing you well.
Rokevo
Profile Joined September 2009
Finland1033 Posts
August 16 2013 17:59 GMT
#127
I'm a pussy when it comes to scary games, and damn I both hated and loved amnesia.

Hope it can live up to the original.
On_Slaught
Profile Joined August 2008
United States12190 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-16 20:10:41
August 16 2013 20:10 GMT
#128
I've commented before that pig screams are terrifying and sound like something straight out of a horror movie. Putting them in a horror game makes a lot of sense and will make for some creepy scenes. From the few pictures we've seen I really like the aesthetic of this game.



You can't tell me if you hear that coming down the hall you won't shit your pants.
Qwyn
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States2781 Posts
August 16 2013 22:37 GMT
#129
Actually, 50 percent of the time you will be shitting your pants at shadows on the wall or your own head.

It's just that great. True horror relies on the suspense - actually hearing that scream will be as scary as it is a relief. The developers talked about this a lot in their goal to make a true horror game - not just jump scare terror!

I agree though that the whole concept of slaughter seems more scary than pretty much anything in Amnesia except for the torture room scenes and the wine cellar.
"Think of the hysteria following the realization that they consciously consume babies and raise the dead people from their graves" - N0
Sycamore
Profile Joined January 2013
204 Posts
August 30 2013 19:21 GMT
#130
So these are the system requirements for PC:

Minimum:
OS: Windows Vista
Processor: 2.0 Ghz core i5 CPU or equivalent.
Memory: 2 GB RAM
Graphics: Mid-range NVIDIA GeForce 3x0 / ATI Radeon HD 5x00. Integrated Intel HD Graphics should work but is not supported; problems are generally solved with a driver update.
Hard Drive: 5 GB available space

Recommended:
OS: Windows 7
Processor: 2.0 Ghz core i7 CPU or equivalent.
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Graphics: High-range NVIDIA GeForce 5x0 / ATI Radeon HD 6x00. Integrated Intel HD Graphics should work but is not supported; problems are generally solved with a driver update.
Hard Drive: 5 GB available space

I read the notice about the integrated Intel HD Grahpics, but do you think my integrated HD graphics 3000 could handle it? (acer aspire 3750 laptop)

Ban the Tree 2013
acker
Profile Joined September 2010
United States2958 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-09-10 05:29:37
September 10 2013 05:27 GMT
#131
From Kotaku's review.


[image loading]
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]



RPS's review.

Metacritic.
Tobberoth
Profile Joined August 2010
Sweden6375 Posts
September 10 2013 06:43 GMT
#132
Not to hijack the topic or anything, just wanted to let everyone who is an Amnesia fan know that Outlast might very well be worth your time. It's quite similar to Amnesia in tons of ways:

* No weapons, just running and hiding.
* First-person shit-your-own-pants feast.
* Puzzle solving with a ton of tension constantly
* Pick up notes etc to learn about the lore

I feel the two games complement each other pretty well, Amnesia is very mystical with this constant feeling of some dark god wanting to kill you, while Outlast is borderline realistic making it quite chilling since it's a bit easier to immerse.

Surprised there was no topic about it on TL since there are so many Amnesia fans here, so I thought I'd make sure you at least know about it.

As for Machine for Pigs, I was a bit worried when I heard Northernlions first impression video. Apparently he considered the puzzle elements of Dark Decent too difficult and said Machine for Pigs was superior because it was more linear and simple, puzzle-wise. From reading other reviews, it seems he just didn't get far enough to run into real puzzles, hopefully.

I also heard there's no insane-meter anymore... does that mean it's perfectly safe to stay in the dark in machine for pigs, or is it just that the meter isn't shown?
OopsOopsBaby
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Singapore3425 Posts
September 10 2013 07:14 GMT
#133
time to watch some streams.
s3x2-2 xiao3x2+2 bone3+2+2
Bloodash
Profile Joined April 2010
Netherlands1384 Posts
September 10 2013 07:24 GMT
#134
ahhh got it preloaded waiting for me at home, time to close the curtains, put a headset on and turn off the lights, this is gon' be so gud!
I'll bite this hand that feeds me, and take it for my own!
Bayyne
Profile Joined January 2011
United States1967 Posts
September 10 2013 07:43 GMT
#135
I hope Day9 streams this.
Remember not only to say the right thing in the right place, but far more difficult still, to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment.
Disengaged
Profile Joined July 2010
United States6994 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-09-10 08:00:00
September 10 2013 07:59 GMT
#136
On September 10 2013 15:43 Tobberoth wrote:
Not to hijack the topic or anything, just wanted to let everyone who is an Amnesia fan know that Outlast might very well be worth your time. It's quite similar to Amnesia in tons of ways:

* No weapons, just running and hiding.
* First-person shit-your-own-pants feast.
* Puzzle solving with a ton of tension constantly
* Pick up notes etc to learn about the lore

I feel the two games complement each other pretty well, Amnesia is very mystical with this constant feeling of some dark god wanting to kill you, while Outlast is borderline realistic making it quite chilling since it's a bit easier to immerse.

Surprised there was no topic about it on TL since there are so many Amnesia fans here, so I thought I'd make sure you at least know about it.

As for Machine for Pigs, I was a bit worried when I heard Northernlions first impression video. Apparently he considered the puzzle elements of Dark Decent too difficult and said Machine for Pigs was superior because it was more linear and simple, puzzle-wise. From reading other reviews, it seems he just didn't get far enough to run into real puzzles, hopefully.

I also heard there's no insane-meter anymore... does that mean it's perfectly safe to stay in the dark in machine for pigs, or is it just that the meter isn't shown?


In my opinion Outlast is not worth the time or money. The game is more disturbing then it is scary. That is all I can say without spoiling anything.
Tobberoth
Profile Joined August 2010
Sweden6375 Posts
September 10 2013 08:04 GMT
#137
On September 10 2013 16:59 Disengaged wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 10 2013 15:43 Tobberoth wrote:
Not to hijack the topic or anything, just wanted to let everyone who is an Amnesia fan know that Outlast might very well be worth your time. It's quite similar to Amnesia in tons of ways:

* No weapons, just running and hiding.
* First-person shit-your-own-pants feast.
* Puzzle solving with a ton of tension constantly
* Pick up notes etc to learn about the lore

I feel the two games complement each other pretty well, Amnesia is very mystical with this constant feeling of some dark god wanting to kill you, while Outlast is borderline realistic making it quite chilling since it's a bit easier to immerse.

Surprised there was no topic about it on TL since there are so many Amnesia fans here, so I thought I'd make sure you at least know about it.

As for Machine for Pigs, I was a bit worried when I heard Northernlions first impression video. Apparently he considered the puzzle elements of Dark Decent too difficult and said Machine for Pigs was superior because it was more linear and simple, puzzle-wise. From reading other reviews, it seems he just didn't get far enough to run into real puzzles, hopefully.

I also heard there's no insane-meter anymore... does that mean it's perfectly safe to stay in the dark in machine for pigs, or is it just that the meter isn't shown?


In my opinion Outlast is not worth the time or money. The game is more disturbing then it is scary. That is all I can say without spoiling anything.

That's sort of unexpected... you're of course entitled to your opinion even if you won't argue for it, but since rock, paper, shotgun said "Outlast is not an experiment in how games can be scary, it’s an exemplification." and all the rest from metacritic on top of that, one has to assume that you're in a pretty small minority.

Not saying that the game isn't disturbing, especially some parts... but then again, so is Amnesia Dark Decent. For example, when you throw body parts of random corpses into water to make a monster move away from you.
Deleted User 183001
Profile Joined May 2011
2939 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-09-10 08:12:49
September 10 2013 08:08 GMT
#138
Hmm, I mean, the original game wasn't too frightening. I also play Dead Space and RE and other horror games like a non-horror FPS. The scariest thing is how ugly some of the zombies / monsters are. Almost reminds me of some of the girls at my old college.

Anyways, I'm really looking forward to A Machine for Pigs!! I'd like to check out the new puzzle and thrills and features.
Disengaged
Profile Joined July 2010
United States6994 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-09-10 08:42:33
September 10 2013 08:39 GMT
#139
On September 10 2013 17:04 Tobberoth wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 10 2013 16:59 Disengaged wrote:
On September 10 2013 15:43 Tobberoth wrote:
Not to hijack the topic or anything, just wanted to let everyone who is an Amnesia fan know that Outlast might very well be worth your time. It's quite similar to Amnesia in tons of ways:

* No weapons, just running and hiding.
* First-person shit-your-own-pants feast.
* Puzzle solving with a ton of tension constantly
* Pick up notes etc to learn about the lore

I feel the two games complement each other pretty well, Amnesia is very mystical with this constant feeling of some dark god wanting to kill you, while Outlast is borderline realistic making it quite chilling since it's a bit easier to immerse.

Surprised there was no topic about it on TL since there are so many Amnesia fans here, so I thought I'd make sure you at least know about it.

As for Machine for Pigs, I was a bit worried when I heard Northernlions first impression video. Apparently he considered the puzzle elements of Dark Decent too difficult and said Machine for Pigs was superior because it was more linear and simple, puzzle-wise. From reading other reviews, it seems he just didn't get far enough to run into real puzzles, hopefully.

I also heard there's no insane-meter anymore... does that mean it's perfectly safe to stay in the dark in machine for pigs, or is it just that the meter isn't shown?


In my opinion Outlast is not worth the time or money. The game is more disturbing then it is scary. That is all I can say without spoiling anything.

That's sort of unexpected... you're of course entitled to your opinion even if you won't argue for it, but since rock, paper, shotgun said "Outlast is not an experiment in how games can be scary, it’s an exemplification." and all the rest from metacritic on top of that, one has to assume that you're in a pretty small minority.

Not saying that the game isn't disturbing, especially some parts... but then again, so is Amnesia Dark Decent. For example, when you throw body parts of random corpses into water to make a monster move away from you.


Throwing body parts into water to make a monster move away from you is not disturbing. Also, there is no point in me arguing about a game without talking about the game in specifics because you know people might want to play it. I also don't care for game reviews. It is my fault for being hyped about this game and what I got was disappointment.
Tobberoth
Profile Joined August 2010
Sweden6375 Posts
September 10 2013 08:46 GMT
#140
On September 10 2013 17:39 Disengaged wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 10 2013 17:04 Tobberoth wrote:
On September 10 2013 16:59 Disengaged wrote:
On September 10 2013 15:43 Tobberoth wrote:
Not to hijack the topic or anything, just wanted to let everyone who is an Amnesia fan know that Outlast might very well be worth your time. It's quite similar to Amnesia in tons of ways:

* No weapons, just running and hiding.
* First-person shit-your-own-pants feast.
* Puzzle solving with a ton of tension constantly
* Pick up notes etc to learn about the lore

I feel the two games complement each other pretty well, Amnesia is very mystical with this constant feeling of some dark god wanting to kill you, while Outlast is borderline realistic making it quite chilling since it's a bit easier to immerse.

Surprised there was no topic about it on TL since there are so many Amnesia fans here, so I thought I'd make sure you at least know about it.

As for Machine for Pigs, I was a bit worried when I heard Northernlions first impression video. Apparently he considered the puzzle elements of Dark Decent too difficult and said Machine for Pigs was superior because it was more linear and simple, puzzle-wise. From reading other reviews, it seems he just didn't get far enough to run into real puzzles, hopefully.

I also heard there's no insane-meter anymore... does that mean it's perfectly safe to stay in the dark in machine for pigs, or is it just that the meter isn't shown?


In my opinion Outlast is not worth the time or money. The game is more disturbing then it is scary. That is all I can say without spoiling anything.

That's sort of unexpected... you're of course entitled to your opinion even if you won't argue for it, but since rock, paper, shotgun said "Outlast is not an experiment in how games can be scary, it’s an exemplification." and all the rest from metacritic on top of that, one has to assume that you're in a pretty small minority.

Not saying that the game isn't disturbing, especially some parts... but then again, so is Amnesia Dark Decent. For example, when you throw body parts of random corpses into water to make a monster move away from you.


Throwing body parts into water to make a monster move away from you is not disturbing. Also, there is no point in me arguing about a game without talking about the game in specifics because you know people might want to play it. I also don't care for game reviews. It is my fault for being hyped about this game and what I got was disappointment.

I'm just saying, I come into the topic and recommend a game I know most people who like Amnesia will enjoy, and I'm hoping a lot of people try it out. You answering that it's a waste of time and money certainly lowers the chance that people here try it, which is unfortunate, especially if you won't really reason about why so they can form their own opinion. I certainly think you can comment on what you find disturbing and not scary without ruining the game... then again, if you don't think it's disturbing to throw around body parts, I don't really understand what you're finding disturbing about Outlast, other than an... uncomfortable meeting with a certain surgeon.
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 48m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech147
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 39042
Leta 864
Horang2 281
firebathero 193
Trap 159
Zeus 107
Hyun 70
soO 59
ToSsGirL 37
Aegong 24
[ Show more ]
Rock 22
scan(afreeca) 17
Bishop 13
Noble 10
Sacsri 8
Dota 2
Gorgc8842
Dendi885
XaKoH 292
420jenkins206
Counter-Strike
fl0m4394
Other Games
singsing2097
Beastyqt643
mouzStarbuck330
byalli278
KnowMe223
Hui .177
QueenE83
BRAT_OK 15
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• poizon28 57
• 3DClanTV 29
• Adnapsc2 12
• Response 8
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Airneanach61
• FirePhoenix14
• Michael_bg 12
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1303
Other Games
• Shiphtur520
Upcoming Events
AI Arena Tournament
48m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2h 48m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
17h 48m
Patches Events
22h 48m
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 2h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 2h
OSC
1d 6h
OSC
1d 19h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.