• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:14
CEST 06:14
KST 13:14
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)54Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7274 users

The King of Fighters XIII Thread (Now on Steam) - Page 14

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 12 13 14 15 Next All
The Official 2013 Fighting Games Thread

Official TL KOF PC Steam Group
Trumpet
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States1936 Posts
October 01 2013 16:16 GMT
#261


I hope to one day have the robot hands these guys must have x.x
sung_moon
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States10110 Posts
October 04 2013 04:02 GMT
#262
Canada Cup Kof13 vods was amazing. Xiaohai/Dakou/Madkof/Tokido/Kensouzzang/etc. Ridiculously strong field right there.

Suggest everyone to check em out.
Forever Young
Trumpet
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States1936 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-04 05:04:45
October 04 2013 05:01 GMT
#263
Amazing matches indeed. Got super hype watching madkof play Shen. Then got super sad when he started using his other characters.

been playing duo lon / mai / ash lately... Learned some fun stuff with each. Mai corner HDs do real damage and are easy to confirm. And I learned a full screen corner carry sans culotte combo for ash. Still nowhere close to being as comfortable with them as I am beni / shen / kim / kyo / karate / hwa etc but getting there. Seeing Reynald, Woo, Madkof etc all do so well with so many characters has me determined to learn as much of this cast as I can

edit: should probably link the matches we're talking about...
ThatGuy
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Canada695 Posts
November 01 2013 17:21 GMT
#264
The game is 50% off on steam right now, until November 3rd.
ChEDo
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada310 Posts
November 03 2013 05:34 GMT
#265
wow real... I just bought this game like last week QQ
Trumpet
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States1936 Posts
November 03 2013 07:28 GMT
#266
http://kofua.com/live.htm

Awesome JP tournament going on right now! Woo just lost on stream D:
FakeSteve[TPR]
Profile Blog Joined July 2003
Valhalla18444 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-12-23 20:53:46
December 23 2013 20:43 GMT
#267
Match video time! Here's a huge-ass set I played with some of my practice buddies. None of us are great, we're all still learning. I'm about 4 solid months in, myself. Critique please, if anyone here is good, lemme know areas in which I suck! I'm player 2.
Moderatormy tatsu loops r fuckin nice
Trumpet
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States1936 Posts
December 23 2013 21:13 GMT
#268
Sweet, gonna watch this before I head off to the weekly casual session hopefully. which reminds me... ahhh I need to record a mass amount of casuals myself. Stumbled into Ziwa playing online matches recently and his benimaru was so much scarier than mine I realized I need to put in some real work to break old / bad habits.
Trumpet
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States1936 Posts
December 23 2013 21:38 GMT
#269
haha, I can already see the street fighter player bleeding through. You hit those kyo jump in buttons all so early! If you hit a button early in the air it should be to air to air, but you're using down C which is a weak option there compared to j.CD / A / D. Also boo only going for 2 j. down Cs before letting your opponent out without them earning it!

Your mature got tagged with some meaty cr Bs, which if you use her dp flip move on wakeup you can avoid for free (assuming you see them coming). Also at one point you're at 2/3 screen, opponent cornered as mature with 4 bars full HD, spend that meter!! Ex tear or whatever its called in that situation gets you hella mixups / pressure!

I do like that you drive cancel the anti air slasher sometimes, great use of meter imo Also worth noting (cause I see a lot of the D run slash in there) that when you're sitting on a ton of meter, the EX one can be even better. That leona pressure aint half bad tho :>

Noticing you seem to press those air to air buttons on jumpin situations as mature too! I like some of those combo attempts, that mature link is tight off C -> ex slashes -> st C, but the damage is great (though starting some punishes with cr B isnt optimal, a punish is a punish so thats not worth stressing over too much). You tagged a few airborne chars with the flip move but didn't follow up, I wanna see either qcb Bs after those, potentially super canceled, or at least a st C!

(about 12 minutes in, gonna post more as I watch more)
FakeSteve[TPR]
Profile Blog Joined July 2003
Valhalla18444 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-12-23 21:54:29
December 23 2013 21:45 GMT
#270
I don't really play Kyo, I describe they way I play him as "SF4 SCRUB" :D Mature/Leona/Yuri is my actual team, but I'm trying to find a new anchor because I play Yuri like a donkey. Leona is my jam, ride or die, that's my character. My Mature is fairly new but she's a bully.

I'm not sure why I punish with cr.b sometimes. Should be cl.C if I can swing it. if I hit an airborne opponent with Despair (the airborne upside-down slashy type move) can I juggle with qcb.hcf+k?

Leona's EX slash is actually +4 on block, but the people I'm playing let me do whatever I want after D slash and it's just 0 on block, so I never use the meter for EX slash haha. I use it for her midscreen HDs (which I'm still getting down - it's tough!).
Moderatormy tatsu loops r fuckin nice
FakeSteve[TPR]
Profile Blog Joined July 2003
Valhalla18444 Posts
December 23 2013 22:01 GMT
#271
also don't yell at me for not converting off guard crush T_T
Moderatormy tatsu loops r fuckin nice
Trumpet
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States1936 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-12-23 22:36:38
December 23 2013 22:20 GMT
#272
idk about juggling with super, I generally see either just st C or qcb B, but my mature is ass so Im not a great resource there I won't yell at you for missed opportunities, I still miss plenty myself and that stuff just comes with time. Especially guard crushes, you kinda have to know which button will break their guard and be planning for it or you often end up with just a sweep or nothing at all.

being new to kyo makes everything there make sense. Yuri anchor is so worth the practice though, the guy who beats me locally runs her (mostly anchor, but not always) and I've been on the wrong end of so many comebacks dealing with her. Mixups for days.

Btw do you play on steam at all?

omg. Watching this, I just want you to know every time you hit someone despair / ex despair and just let them fall to the ground I die a little.

If you anti air with baltic launcher, you can followup with the run slash and super cancel it if you want for damage.

You don't seem to using hold buffer for your combos (as kyo at least). Do that!! It makes the meterless corner kyo combo borderline undroppable.
FakeSteve[TPR]
Profile Blog Joined July 2003
Valhalla18444 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-12-23 22:44:33
December 23 2013 22:36 GMT
#273
anti-air baltic scales V-slasher way too much. I usually follow it with D slash if I want more damage, but mostly I'll just take the opportunity to throw an earring

and sorry LOL, I'll start converting off Despair!

I do use the button hold trick for Kyo, the reason I'm dropping it is because I'm trying to use the shortcut back, qcb+k for the reverse dp kick motion so I can use that qcb for his super. I'm overthinking the input and missing the kick entirely. i use it for Mature's drive cancel too (C rekkas cancelled to qcb+D, qcb+Bx2, cl.C)

Yeah I was recently gifted the game on steam :D fakesteve is the account name, Sea[Shield] is the steam ID
Moderatormy tatsu loops r fuckin nice
Trumpet
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States1936 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-12-24 00:42:55
December 23 2013 22:37 GMT
#274
On December 24 2013 07:36 FakeSteve[TPR] wrote:
anti-air baltic scales V-slasher way too much. I usually follow it with D slash if I want more damage, but mostly I'll just take the opportunity to throw an earring

and sorry LOL, I'll start converting off Despair!


Oo, I didnt mean V slasher, whatever the running one is called (sorry, I never learned move names >.> )

Damn though, your opponent's king is aggressive and when he gets to yuri its like he just freezes. Tell that guy to start going nuts, buffer demonflips off CDs, anti air with st B xx demonflip instead of qcb A, followup those blocked CDs with pressure and the CH ones with another j.cd, demon flip grab.

Speaking of King, you ought to try guard rolling / doing reversals through some of those slide xx fireball blockstrings. It's a little hard at first, but once you get used to it you can force the king player to be way more conservative in their offensive strings. And that Kim uses EX qcb kicks, air qcb kicks, but not air EX qcb kicks, which are the best ones! That move will cleanly beat DPs if done late enough and is often safe on block. can even do it out of backdashes / instantly with qcb, b + kicks. I take that back, kim starts using it more later into the set. Still not enough though! Plenty of situations where you jump at kim while kim is jumping backwards, that is where those ex kicks should come flying out.
FakeSteve[TPR]
Profile Blog Joined July 2003
Valhalla18444 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-12-23 22:46:04
December 23 2013 22:45 GMT
#275
ah yeah, V-Slasher is the air super. it gets scaled too much to really be worth the meter after baltic launcher. I prefer to throw an earring.

the run slash is called Grand Sabre! The down~up charge slash is called Moon Slasher!
Moderatormy tatsu loops r fuckin nice
Trumpet
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States1936 Posts
December 23 2013 22:49 GMT
#276
That actually makes sense for the kyo input thing, although to be honest I've always done it without doing anything fancy and rdp K, hcf P always gets the super cancel for me. That could be my inputs being sloppy in my favor though

Gonna add you on steam later, and lol good to see the sea fanboy in you is still alive. I've outgrown my MBC Game shirt... horizontally T_T (Curse you tiny korean sizes)
FakeSteve[TPR]
Profile Blog Joined July 2003
Valhalla18444 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-12-23 23:01:00
December 23 2013 23:00 GMT
#277
So if I have 5 bars and HD, check this out:

If I hit the opponent high enough in the air, I can do HD install EX V-Slasher (qcf~uf~hcb+ABC), [slash HDC sabre] x3, slash HDC sabre HDC qcb.hcf+K xx max cancel, 1087 damage off an anti-air LOL
Moderatormy tatsu loops r fuckin nice
FakeSteve[TPR]
Profile Blog Joined July 2003
Valhalla18444 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-12-23 23:54:40
December 23 2013 23:53 GMT
#278
also that King/Yuri/Kim player is also an oldschool BW player, she posts here too, though I don't know what her account name is lol

Edit: nevermind, it's suki, and apparently she plays a lot of TL Mafia LOL
Moderatormy tatsu loops r fuckin nice
Trumpet
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States1936 Posts
December 24 2013 00:25 GMT
#279
On December 24 2013 08:53 FakeSteve[TPR] wrote:
also that King/Yuri/Kim player is also an oldschool BW player, she posts here too, though I don't know what her account name is lol

Edit: nevermind, it's suki, and apparently she plays a lot of TL Mafia LOL


haha awesome, always fun to run into former bw players. Silly thing I saw from an austin leona player, you can use air qcb C as a crossup if you do it directly above someone. Not particularly useful, but hilarious when you only need a little damage
FakeSteve[TPR]
Profile Blog Joined July 2003
Valhalla18444 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-12-24 02:39:43
December 24 2013 02:39 GMT
#280
Holy shit, there are other Leonas? Awesome.

KoF13 Leona is the sexiest thing in a video game.
Moderatormy tatsu loops r fuckin nice
Prev 1 12 13 14 15 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
00:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 196
ProTech127
Nina 54
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2151
Shuttle 1157
Snow 81
Dewaltoss 58
Noble 49
Bale 47
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm168
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 1098
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor544
Other Games
summit1g8765
JimRising 638
C9.Mang0316
PiGStarcraft265
Mew2King237
ViBE61
ArmadaUGS54
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream80
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 17
• Letter146
• Response 5
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota229
League of Legends
• Lourlo1168
• Rush521
• Stunt234
Other Games
• Scarra666
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
8h 46m
OSC
17h 46m
CranKy Ducklings
1d 5h
Online Event
1d 6h
FEL
1d 11h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 12h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 14h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.