• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:48
CEST 02:48
KST 09:48
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)54Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8254 users

The King of Fighters XIII Thread (Now on Steam) - Page 13

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 11 12 13 14 15 Next All
The Official 2013 Fighting Games Thread

Official TL KOF PC Steam Group
Noocta
Profile Joined June 2010
France12578 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-31 19:32:07
August 31 2013 19:24 GMT
#241
Yeah, I found out about the 2369 trick for fireball motions when practicing K'.
I still get the teleport instead of the fire circle from time to time, even with Negative edge not being part of this game tho. That's a big testament to me hitting buttons for too long I think. (crB crB qcf A fB )

My execution is ass in this game, my motions are clumsy as fuck. haha
The command grab motion used in this game feel so weird to me, because even if it's only one more forward after the usual hcb I use for Makoto's karakusa, the way I do it in AE make it awkward to add it.
Especially since you can't miss an input apparently, and in AE you're forced to miss input to do the kara karakusa.
Practice practice practice !
" I'm not gonna fight you. I'm gonna kick your ass ! "
Hokay
Profile Joined May 2007
United States738 Posts
September 01 2013 08:15 GMT
#242
Did they fix the host advantage for online play?
freelander
Profile Blog Joined December 2004
Hungary4707 Posts
September 01 2013 08:23 GMT
#243
which site is the dustloop for this game?
And all is illuminated.
Josh124
Profile Joined August 2003
United Kingdom145 Posts
September 01 2013 08:55 GMT
#244
On September 01 2013 17:23 freelander wrote:
which site is the dustloop for this game?

http://dreamcancel.com/ is the best I've seen so far.
Soulstice
Profile Joined December 2011
United States288 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-09-01 16:54:12
September 01 2013 14:12 GMT
#245
On September 01 2013 17:15 Hokay wrote:
Did they fix the host advantage for online play?

ive played over 100 matches since version 5 came out, and i personally don't notice host advantage. IMO if it does still exist, it is very very minimal.

Edit: I'd like to hear others opinion on this matter, and their over all experience with the online. For me, most matches are playable, not great, but playable and sometimes the connection is silky smooth.
Living the liefe
Trumpet
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States1936 Posts
September 02 2013 18:59 GMT
#246
So far I've gotten decent connections to places pretty far away from me, haven't really had any "unplayable" connections, and the connections to people in my area have been mostly 4 bars which feels like offline. Based SNK actually delivered for once :D

Bit of sad times times yesterday, due to a few TO errors our KoF tournament didn't get to finish in time for our venue closing so we had a forced pot split for top 3 lol. Didn't get to fully see how well my new team would do. I did get to play on stream for some matches though! Tell me some things I can do better if you notice, I'm new to these characters

http://www.twitch.tv/muii/b/455064226?t=261m

There's some kof casuals at the start of the archive as well, and me losing at marvel in there too lol
freelander
Profile Blog Joined December 2004
Hungary4707 Posts
September 07 2013 22:45 GMT
#247
I picked up the game, and it's pretty hard.
Duo Lon's rekkas are hard to do, whyyyy....
I don't know why but i rarely connect the "j.X land ground normal" link.
Damn I will need to practice for years.

Also the game has a lot of unwarranted mushroom clouds and burning punches.
And all is illuminated.
Noocta
Profile Joined June 2010
France12578 Posts
September 08 2013 00:28 GMT
#248
The hit stun on jumping attack is very low, it's indeed pretty hard to connect a ground follow up and still get a combo. =O
You need to do your jump attack very deep.
" I'm not gonna fight you. I'm gonna kick your ass ! "
Trumpet
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States1936 Posts
September 08 2013 04:26 GMT
#249
yea, if you want a ground combo followup you have to time your jump attack late. Basically the game forcing you to choose whether you want to air to air or air to ground.
ColtCommando
Profile Joined May 2011
United States51 Posts
September 13 2013 02:55 GMT
#250
I'm sadly a little disappointed with steam edition so far but I guess ill have to wait till it comes out officially tomorrow to see if I'm wrong. So far my online play experience feels awful in comparison to AE and I've been setting my matches to 4+, not that I've ever seen one . How's it going for everyone else?
Trumpet
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States1936 Posts
September 13 2013 14:36 GMT
#251
hmmm? I've had the opposite experience. My connections have all been pretty solid when I play random people, though maybe I'm just getting a little lucky that my 2/3 bar connections haven't been bad. I mostly play 4 bar people though since there's a decent scene in my area. And 4 bar connections are fan-fucking-tastic.
2stra
Profile Joined March 2011
Netherlands928 Posts
September 13 2013 14:50 GMT
#252
I played a few matches just to check the netcode and I feel like the 4 bar connections blow AE out of the water, even the 3 bar connections can be pretty solid, definitely playable. Too bad I suck tho, game is hard. Need a lot of training mode time (:
sung_moon
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States10110 Posts
September 21 2013 05:24 GMT
#253
Elizabeth is so much fun but so bad (imho). Maybe I'm looking for any excuses to why I can't consistently land her harder corner combos.

Forgot how good Billy is too. Suffocatingly offensive/annoying, especially if you don't have meter and can't make them respect you enough to not 5.A all day on a character that can't handle it.
Forever Young
Alt Eisen Riese
Profile Joined October 2012
Estonia69 Posts
September 25 2013 18:27 GMT
#254
Got the game, practiced for a few days couple hours each day, went online, got no good connections, hosted lobby, lost really bad, went directly back to practice.

Game is rather fun, but not many players close to me it seems. Also, does this game have a matchmaking system so that you can actually play people of similar skill?
freelander
Profile Blog Joined December 2004
Hungary4707 Posts
September 26 2013 21:20 GMT
#255
My chars are Duo Lon and Terry. I usually run K' to fill up the team, but I can't do anything with him (ok maybe I can, the most basic things) . Other prospects to learn are Saiki, Maxima, Elisabeth, maybe others.

I usually run DL first to build some meter, I find that meter doesn't help him that much.
Where should I put Terry? Second, third? (obviously not first, he needs meter.) I picked him up cause he seemed one of the easier ones with quite good damage. It's funny though that his HD combo does less in the corner than in the open.

Could you suggest a character for the missing position?
And all is illuminated.
Shinbi
Profile Joined December 2009
338 Posts
September 26 2013 21:39 GMT
#256
Never not Shen.
Trumpet
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States1936 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-09-27 02:51:36
September 27 2013 02:51 GMT
#257
^ Shen da best. Only character I've stuck with throughout my time on this game. Punching things is just satisfying. Terry can work mostly anywhere imo, put him where you feel comfortable. For example, I like playing Mr Karate but I hate playing him anchor, even though he's totally valid in that spot. Misterio + Show Spoiler +
The guy who won this tournament recently in Brazil:
makes an interesting case for Saiki as an anchor which I had never really considered by just activating HD with 2-3 meters stocked and if you land an anti air super or they jump a fireball, just neo max. Pretty much anyone in the cast works in the 2nd spot, and every time I decide xyz character as an anchor wouldnt work well some brilliant player proves me wrong, such as Mobby in that video I linked above playing anchor Elisabeth. The most popular anchors though are characters such as Kim, Shen, Chin, Claw & Flame Iori, Takuma, Yuri, Vice, Benimaru, and Hwa Jai. Kim is probably the best anchor in most people's minds now.
freelander
Profile Blog Joined December 2004
Hungary4707 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-09-28 10:52:42
September 28 2013 10:01 GMT
#258
i am learning some combos, one of them requires a drive cancel from a shoryu into a qcf motion. My problem is that always a double qcf super comes out.
What input should I do?

for the moment I give myself zero bars in practice mode, because this is a drive bar only combo

edit: ok i found out if i just press shoryu forward k ~ p then it works. lol. what a strange game
And all is illuminated.
Shinbi
Profile Joined December 2009
338 Posts
September 28 2013 10:54 GMT
#259
When you do the dp, make sure you lock the stick at df instead of rolling f-d-df-f. Then after the dp comes out, just tilt f+button. At least that's how I do it with Elizabeth, but I also don't get it 100% of the time with her so v0v. But I was getting more consistent with the dp-qcf with her by doing this as opposed to flailing like a fish.
freelander
Profile Blog Joined December 2004
Hungary4707 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-09-28 11:10:39
September 28 2013 11:10 GMT
#260
thanks, great. It works! I'm using Saiki for this btw
And all is illuminated.
Prev 1 11 12 13 14 15 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
00:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
CranKy Ducklings57
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 99
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 12970
Rain 2181
Artosis 597
Bale 15
League of Legends
Doublelift3551
Counter-Strike
taco 164
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox673
Mew2King199
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1027
Other Games
summit1g8764
Day[9].tv653
shahzam632
JimRising 510
PiGStarcraft259
C9.Mang0256
ArmadaUGS72
ViBE55
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV188
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream104
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 151
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP35
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv653
• Scarra608
• Shiphtur178
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
12h 12m
OSC
21h 12m
CranKy Ducklings
1d 9h
Online Event
1d 10h
FEL
1d 15h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 16h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 18h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.