• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:14
CEST 06:14
KST 13:14
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)54Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7285 users

The King of Fighters XIII Thread (Now on Steam) - Page 12

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All
The Official 2013 Fighting Games Thread

Official TL KOF PC Steam Group
Kyyuna
Profile Joined October 2010
United States1222 Posts
August 29 2013 03:24 GMT
#221
O alright, pretty standard select/start button for it.

Always played claw and didn't enjoy him as much when I played at the arcade.

Good to know we have flame iori
GTR
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
51694 Posts
August 29 2013 11:32 GMT
#222
ex kyo/ex iori/mr karate are dlc characters on console. there is a joke where players who use the three in their team are the '$15 dlc team'
Commentator
Trumpet
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States1936 Posts
August 29 2013 14:13 GMT
#223
Random bit of news: supposedly the game performs better on windowed. I had in on fullscreen all yesterday D:
GTR
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
51694 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-29 14:37:53
August 29 2013 14:37 GMT
#224
also im considering changing my button setup to old-school kof style
 b-c-d
a


but i dunno if its worth relearning
Commentator
Noocta
Profile Joined June 2010
France12578 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-29 14:43:25
August 29 2013 14:42 GMT
#225
What do you use right now ?
I didn't put any concideration into moving my button setup before learning the game.
I just have
A C
B D

On the first 4 buttons of my stick

By the way, I'm trying to learn a few combo with King to start with, and going from stD into dfD is weird, dunno why oO
" I'm not gonna fight you. I'm gonna kick your ass ! "
Trumpet
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States1936 Posts
August 29 2013 14:51 GMT
#226
Pretty much any button style works. The one GTR listed makes playing raiden a little easier, but that's pretty marginal. I use the box layout you posted noocta.
sung_moon
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States10110 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-29 20:01:18
August 29 2013 19:58 GMT
#227
I learned that style is only better when popping HD, as going diagonal between LK+HP is awkward for some ppl.

Other than that it doesn't matter.

edit: Only real awkward notion in 13 I've come across is Takuma 5.C, 6.B Cadillac Kick (his 1~6.D charge), but after awhile that's not so hard either.
Forever Young
Trumpet
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States1936 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-29 20:12:19
August 29 2013 20:09 GMT
#228
Played some people from my area today who live ~30 minutes or less away, felt damn close to offline aside from an occasional hiccup. Really awesome.

I was able to hit takuma combos online. Those get messed up for me just by playing on laggy TVs, so I feel pretty good about the netcode at least for people within the same region. sung_moon & Demoninja you on the beta yet? add me on steam fools! :D
pachi
Profile Joined October 2006
Melbourne5338 Posts
August 29 2013 21:58 GMT
#229
GTR add me on steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/wildpachi

Trumpet, Takuma corner bnb with close c, 6B, [1]6D, [1]6B, [1]6B, Super.
Should i be learning to do a qcf within the [1]6B so i can just hcb for super or do I just man up and fit a full super motion in there
Moderatorpachi fanclub http://goto.tl/6DI9 。◕‿◕。
Noocta
Profile Joined June 2010
France12578 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-30 02:07:33
August 30 2013 01:53 GMT
#230
Ugh.
I'm having a lot of trouble hit confirming so far.
The timing to drive cancel stuff is fine, although motions are a bit complicated, but doing simple stuff like linking normal into each other is weirdly difficult for me.
Do you need to link them ? Chain them ? Do you need to input early ?

One example of normal chain that I can't get out is Leona crB crB crA
the crA never connect, I don't understand the timing at all.
" I'm not gonna fight you. I'm gonna kick your ass ! "
Trumpet
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States1936 Posts
August 30 2013 02:43 GMT
#231
On August 30 2013 06:58 pachi wrote:
GTR add me on steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/wildpachi

Trumpet, Takuma corner bnb with close c, 6B, [1]6D, [1]6B, [1]6B, Super.
Should i be learning to do a qcf within the [1]6B so i can just hcb for super or do I just man up and fit a full super motion in there


Do a full super motion! The reason you dont want to do the shortcut way you listed is that you can actually drive cancel the [1]6B into super if you're not careful, which is something you can do midscreen and would just waste meter in the corner. if you have trouble getting the super out, just skip the last charge kick imo. Majority of my takuma drops come off that damn 2nd charge kick anyway, I always get jump b T_T
Trumpet
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States1936 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-30 02:50:47
August 30 2013 02:47 GMT
#232
On August 30 2013 10:53 Noocta wrote:
Ugh.
I'm having a lot of trouble hit confirming so far.
The timing to drive cancel stuff is fine, although motions are a bit complicated, but doing simple stuff like linking normal into each other is weirdly difficult for me.
Do you need to link them ? Chain them ? Do you need to input early ?

One example of normal chain that I can't get out is Leona crB crB crA
the crA never connect, I don't understand the timing at all.


hmmm I dont think i've ever seen that chain in use. For leona, you'd go into st b so you can chain into f B into whatever special / super. The only time leona chain's into a cr A / st A is for the fancy and totally unnecessary flash chop combos where the A is just there to be whiff canceled and doesn't actually connect. I think it's one of her trials.

which reminds me:

The combo trials in this game are not to teach you bnbs like other fighting games, they are pointlessly hard and inefficient, just execution trials!

Other things that reminds me of, you will normally chain cr As/Bs when you see a combo featuring multiple. One important thing to note is that if you chain into overhead moves, they change their properties and are no longer overheads (except for chin's!). Leona's f B for example is an overhead that knocks down (and gives an awesome 3 frame safejump if you immediately hop afterward), but if you chain st B into f B it's not an overhead and does not knockdown, but is instead special & super cancelable to her air moves.
sung_moon
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States10110 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-30 03:03:11
August 30 2013 02:56 GMT
#233
@Pachi- Try doing 2362361.A if original command is proving too difficult/annoying.

@Noocta- That sounds like a really fast chain. If it's like Kim (probably not I never really played Leona) just try to mash it out asap. But why would you do that for confirms? For 2.Bx2 2.A 2~8 B+C (HD Bypass) ?

edit: Speaking of Leona, anybody who watched Evo remember the name of the Japanese Leona player? That guy was so legit, but I forget his name. He was apart of Woo's entourage if that helps any.
Forever Young
Noocta
Profile Joined June 2010
France12578 Posts
August 30 2013 03:01 GMT
#234
Yeah, I figured I had the wrong chain.. Sorry x)

Practicing crB stB fB xx special right now
Getting the qcf hcb in time is quite challenging for the 1 meter version of the combo I must say.
" I'm not gonna fight you. I'm gonna kick your ass ! "
Trumpet
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States1936 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-30 03:08:08
August 30 2013 03:07 GMT
#235
On August 30 2013 11:56 sung_moon wrote:
@Pachi- Try doing 2362361.A if original command is proving too difficult/annoying.

@Noocta- That sounds like a really fast chain. If it's like Kim (probably not I never really played Leona) just try to mash it out asap. But why would you do that for confirms? For 2.Bx2 2.A 2~8 B+C (HD Bypass) ?

edit: Speaking of Leona, anybody who watched Evo remember the name of the Japanese Leona player? That guy was so legit, but I forget his name. He was apart of Woo's entourage if that helps any.


Was that ogosho (sp?) I dont remember all the names lol

@noocta yea that one bar version is a little rough. You can make it easier by doing qcb A xx super, but it costs a drive.
Soulstice
Profile Joined December 2011
United States288 Posts
August 30 2013 18:30 GMT
#236
I've been wanting to get into KoF for some time but never really could because there wasnt playable online. I was skeptical about the netcode of the pc version but i decided to get it anyway and support a worthy developer, and i've got to say im quite happy with the netcode. My connection is on the slower end of things and i have found many good matches so far. I would say for me it is very close to street fighter netcode and it still has potential to get better with patches.
Living the liefe
Trumpet
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States1936 Posts
August 30 2013 18:36 GMT
#237
Played some matches on the new update with someone from my city today, it felt like offline. It was actually better than playing on the HDTVs at our closest lan center lol
Noocta
Profile Joined June 2010
France12578 Posts
August 31 2013 03:58 GMT
#238
Ugh, still only toying with the practice mode, trying to see what team to use to learn the game.
Not a marvel player so team building is a bit foreign to me still, but I'm leaning for some easy to use character to start with.
I'm really liking King, K', Leona, Shen and Vice for now.

Does a King, K', Shen order sounds okay ?
From what I've seen, King is a good first, she doesn't rely on meter much. And both K and Shen benefit a lot from meter but aren't helpless without it.
No idea if it let me open to a particular bad match up tho.

Still like learning second day on this, feel free to demolish my train of thought.
" I'm not gonna fight you. I'm gonna kick your ass ! "
Soulstice
Profile Joined December 2011
United States288 Posts
August 31 2013 16:00 GMT
#239
On August 31 2013 12:58 Noocta wrote:
Ugh, still only toying with the practice mode, trying to see what team to use to learn the game.
Not a marvel player so team building is a bit foreign to me still, but I'm leaning for some easy to use character to start with.
I'm really liking King, K', Leona, Shen and Vice for now.

Does a King, K', Shen order sounds okay ?
From what I've seen, King is a good first, she doesn't rely on meter much. And both K and Shen benefit a lot from meter but aren't helpless without it.
No idea if it let me open to a particular bad match up tho.

Still like learning second day on this, feel free to demolish my train of thought.


Lucky for you the thought process behind KoF and Marvel are completely different. Kof has no assists, and very few 'bad match ups' in the game. Therefore KoF team order is more about meter management than matchups/synergy like marvel. With that said, unless you plan to be winning a tournement, just pick three characters you like and put them in any order. Play around with them in some matches and you'll notice you tend to use more meters with certain characters, and make the order based on your meter use, not what you see top players use.
Living the liefe
Trumpet
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States1936 Posts
August 31 2013 18:51 GMT
#240
That order is pretty much ideal for that team noocta, but having said that I don't think order matters too much in this game. Some character make obviously good points (billy, king, ex kyo, duo lon) and some make obviously good anchors (shen, kim, claw iori), but I've seen enough good players doing the opposite such as ChrisKoF runnig shen point or Reynald & Bala runnign duo lon anchor to not be too worried about it.

one cool trick I just remembered: for any quarter circle / 236 motions in this game, if you go to up forward or 2369 and press the button before leaving the ground, the game will never give you a DP. Really useful imo for character with that fireball / command grab / DP overlap like beni / iori / kyo.
Prev 1 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
00:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 196
ProTech127
Nina 54
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2151
Shuttle 1157
Snow 81
Dewaltoss 58
Noble 49
Bale 47
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm168
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 1098
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor544
Other Games
summit1g8765
JimRising 638
C9.Mang0316
PiGStarcraft265
Mew2King237
ViBE61
ArmadaUGS54
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream80
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 17
• Letter146
• Response 5
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota229
League of Legends
• Lourlo1168
• Rush521
• Stunt234
Other Games
• Scarra666
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
8h 46m
OSC
17h 46m
CranKy Ducklings
1d 5h
Online Event
1d 6h
FEL
1d 11h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 12h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 14h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.