• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:51
CEST 03:51
KST 10:51
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)54Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7536 users

The King of Fighters XIII Thread (Now on Steam) - Page 15

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 13 14 15 All
The Official 2013 Fighting Games Thread

Official TL KOF PC Steam Group
Trumpet
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States1936 Posts
December 24 2013 18:50 GMT
#281
On December 24 2013 11:39 FakeSteve[TPR] wrote:
Holy shit, there are other Leonas? Awesome.

KoF13 Leona is the sexiest thing in a video game.


You're not alone in thinking that character is awesome I played her when the game came out, but switched pretty quickly (I've never kept full team for long in this game), and we have a dedicated leona player in my city as well. For a mid tier character she's relatively popular
FakeSteve[TPR]
Profile Blog Joined July 2003
Valhalla18444 Posts
December 24 2013 19:46 GMT
#282
Yeah, it's funny. If you ask any top player about Leona, they say 'too hard, too much work', but she seems really popular with new players
Moderatormy tatsu loops r fuckin nice
2stra
Profile Joined March 2011
Netherlands928 Posts
December 24 2013 22:09 GMT
#283
I'm learning this game as well, playing Athena/Yuri/(claw)Iyori at the moment. Does this sound like a team that will teach me the fundamentals of KOF? Might swap Yuri for Terry or king because they seem to be a bit more straight-forward to play than Yuri.
Trumpet
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States1936 Posts
December 24 2013 22:18 GMT
#284
On December 25 2013 07:09 2stra wrote:
I'm learning this game as well, playing Athena/Yuri/(claw)Iyori at the moment. Does this sound like a team that will teach me the fundamentals of KOF? Might swap Yuri for Terry or king because they seem to be a bit more straight-forward to play than Yuri.


Those characters are fine to learn KoF with. If you want some more purely fundamentals based characters, ex Kyo, flame Iori, King, Kim etc are all great for that. Athena, yuri, and claw are all great for the crazy offensive aspect of KoF. Claw is just so fast with some scary damage, yuri can do crossup / divekick / grab mixups for days, and athena can be played as one of the scariest grapplers around with her invincible meterless grab into great damage if you can do the butt loop
sung_moon
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States10110 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-12-24 23:01:34
December 24 2013 23:00 GMT
#285
On December 24 2013 11:39 FakeSteve[TPR] wrote:
Holy shit, there are other Leonas? Awesome.

KoF13 Leona is the sexiest thing in a video game.


I swear when I find the vods of the Japanese Anchor Leona who was on stream during Evo Kof13 pools....... He almost knocked out Xian for Top 8 with his Leona play.

On December 25 2013 04:46 FakeSteve[TPR] wrote:
Yeah, it's funny. If you ask any top player about Leona and Ash, they say 'too hard, too much work', but she seems really popular with new players


Forgot someone there.
Forever Young
FakeSteve[TPR]
Profile Blog Joined July 2003
Valhalla18444 Posts
December 24 2013 23:39 GMT
#286
I think the Japanese Leona player you're thinking of is Sange Tenchou.

But yeah, fuck 'too much work'. She's so worth it, her combos are the most satisfying thing, and I really like her normals set
Moderatormy tatsu loops r fuckin nice
2stra
Profile Joined March 2011
Netherlands928 Posts
December 25 2013 00:05 GMT
#287
On December 25 2013 07:18 Trumpet wrote:

Those characters are fine to learn KoF with. If you want some more purely fundamentals based characters, ex Kyo, flame Iori, King, Kim etc are all great for that. Athena, yuri, and claw are all great for the crazy offensive aspect of KoF. Claw is just so fast with some scary damage, yuri can do crossup / divekick / grab mixups for days, and athena can be played as one of the scariest grapplers around with her invincible meterless grab into great damage if you can do the butt loop


Thanks man, I'll stick with these three for a while then. Gonna hit the training mode and practice some butt loops

I wanted to play a more rushdown oriented style this game so I'm glad the team fits the bill
Trumpet
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States1936 Posts
December 25 2013 01:37 GMT
#288
On December 25 2013 08:39 FakeSteve[TPR] wrote:
I think the Japanese Leona player you're thinking of is Sange Tenchou.

But yeah, fuck 'too much work'. She's so worth it, her combos are the most satisfying thing, and I really like her normals set


I love and hate her normals at the same time. j.cd always feels like it should be better than it is, her overhead occasionally got me killed if I accidentally had a charge, and she doesn't have a great confirm string for HDs. She's got some hella goofy stuff though, like how she gets low for her run. She can just run clean under iori's st D, which was a put-down-the-controller-wtf-just-happened moment when I first saw it.
FakeSteve[TPR]
Profile Blog Joined July 2003
Valhalla18444 Posts
December 25 2013 01:57 GMT
#289
you can hold down charge while running too lol, if you run and then just hold down-forward. 30 frame charge time = sometimes i can anti-air with moon slash while running :D
Moderatormy tatsu loops r fuckin nice
FakeSteve[TPR]
Profile Blog Joined July 2003
Valhalla18444 Posts
December 25 2013 04:22 GMT
#290
which characters can get the best damage for like, 1 drive 1 meter or so?
Moderatormy tatsu loops r fuckin nice
Trumpet
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States1936 Posts
December 25 2013 05:42 GMT
#291
On December 25 2013 13:22 FakeSteve[TPR] wrote:
which characters can get the best damage for like, 1 drive 1 meter or so?

Drunk Hwa Jai if you count that I think.

Kinda depends on how much work you're willing to put in / whether you're in the corner or not. Midscreen, I want to say yuri, karate, maybe maxima have really high one bar damage. In the corner a lot of people can do 40% if not a bit more, including some who get weak damage midscreen like Mai.

For 1 bar + 1 drive, Hwa Jai and Takuma both come to mind for some nasty corner stuff. Drunk Hwa can do absurd damage with 1 bar & drive both midscreen & corner. Chin can do 35-45% off pretty much anything anywhere for 1 bar 1 drive. Takuma is crazy though, his corner to corner HD does 89% and you don't even need a full bar at the start.

Then there are the weird outliers like the beni / flame iori / yuri infinite / semi infinites, I don't really count those though
Demoninja
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
United States1190 Posts
December 25 2013 08:39 GMT
#292
Regular Hwa deals stupid damage as well in the corner. hit confirm into slide, qcf+AC tk dp+B dp+D (DC) qcb+D qcb+D tk dp+B qcf+A into whatever ender.
Shinbi
Profile Joined December 2009
338 Posts
December 25 2013 18:33 GMT
#293
This is the current flash sale if anybody is interested in picking up the game but haven't on the PC yet

+ Show Spoiler +
you should pick it up
FakeSteve[TPR]
Profile Blog Joined July 2003
Valhalla18444 Posts
December 25 2013 19:08 GMT
#294
On December 25 2013 17:39 Demoninja wrote:
Regular Hwa deals stupid damage as well in the corner. hit confirm into slide, qcf+AC tk dp+B dp+D (DC) qcb+D qcb+D tk dp+B qcf+A into whatever ender.


Yeah, been messing with Hwa, but I wasn't sure how to get more damage out of him when he's sober, so this is a great help! thanks man
Moderatormy tatsu loops r fuckin nice
Demoninja
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
United States1190 Posts
December 29 2013 20:32 GMT
#295
Aha glad I still know some things about this game. Maybe I should read up on it again but right now PC version is dead and the game is all but dead in NorCal.
Trumpet
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States1936 Posts
December 29 2013 21:06 GMT
#296
On December 30 2013 05:32 Demoninja wrote:
Aha glad I still know some things about this game. Maybe I should read up on it again but right now PC version is dead and the game is all but dead in NorCal.


lol ??

PC version isn't dead, I run into a lot of good (like, ppl who go to majors) players on it.
Sufficiency
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada23833 Posts
December 30 2013 01:06 GMT
#297
On October 02 2013 01:16 Trumpet wrote:


I hope to one day have the robot hands these guys must have x.x


That Ashe combo.... WOW.....

I remember playing kof2003 and was never able to chain his 28B/D after ABCD. That shit is stupidly hard.
https://twitter.com/SufficientStats
Demoninja
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
United States1190 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-12-30 08:20:20
December 30 2013 08:17 GMT
#298
On December 30 2013 06:06 Trumpet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 30 2013 05:32 Demoninja wrote:
Aha glad I still know some things about this game. Maybe I should read up on it again but right now PC version is dead and the game is all but dead in NorCal.


lol ??

PC version isn't dead, I run into a lot of good (like, ppl who go to majors) players on it.


I don't know how you're running into all these people. Once the first two weeks of KOF 13 passed I have not found a single match. I tried again and I did find a match but after 20 minutes. Around what time do you usually play?
Trumpet
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States1936 Posts
December 30 2013 23:47 GMT
#299
I netplay at kinda random times of day tbh, but I just pop open training mode instead of manually searching for a match so I'm never bothered if 5 or so minutes go by without me getting a match. for real though, last few times I did random netplay I ran into Ziwa and James Jr (midwest player who got 2nd to Mario at frosty faustings this past weekend and top 8 at FR etc) for long sets. I've run into a couple people who were kind assy just mashing on grapplers online and praying, but that's the exception and not the rule in my experience.
Prev 1 13 14 15 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
00:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
CranKy Ducklings78
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 149
RuFF_SC2 125
ProTech105
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 15067
Rain 2268
Artosis 603
NaDa 21
Bale 17
League of Legends
Doublelift3851
Counter-Strike
taco 349
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox659
Mew2King148
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor952
Other Games
summit1g8722
Day[9].tv702
JimRising 594
PiGStarcraft320
C9.Mang0315
ArmadaUGS64
ViBE58
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV288
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream94
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 129
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP68
• Letter142
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv702
• Scarra633
• Shiphtur210
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
11h 9m
OSC
20h 9m
CranKy Ducklings
1d 8h
Online Event
1d 9h
FEL
1d 14h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 15h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 17h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.