• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:03
CEST 11:03
KST 18:03
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20262Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6054 users

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive - Page 925

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 923 924 925 926 927 1121 Next
icystorage
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Jollibee19350 Posts
May 21 2015 00:25 GMT
#18481
i got a safari mesh butterfly knife
LiquidDota StaffAre you ready for a Miracle-? We are! The International 2017 Champions!
BeeLz
Profile Joined December 2014
Belgium52 Posts
May 21 2015 00:40 GMT
#18482
Just played a game with some friends who just started playing and are low ranked. I understand playing with a higher ranked player should have some downside. But this matchup made no sense, I'm LEM, we had 3 gold nova III and 1 silver III. We get matched up against 3 Supremes and 2 LEMs, what's that about :o
Still managed to win 3 rounds and end up with a positive score, and more enjoyable than solo queue. But don't think I'll be matchmaking with them again for their sake.
Varanice
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States1517 Posts
May 21 2015 02:12 GMT
#18483
On May 21 2015 09:40 BeeLz wrote:
Just played a game with some friends who just started playing and are low ranked. I understand playing with a higher ranked player should have some downside. But this matchup made no sense, I'm LEM, we had 3 gold nova III and 1 silver III. We get matched up against 3 Supremes and 2 LEMs, what's that about :o
Still managed to win 3 rounds and end up with a positive score, and more enjoyable than solo queue. But don't think I'll be matchmaking with them again for their sake.

your friends are clearly smurfs /s
www.twitch.tv/varanice
amazingxkcd
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
GRAND OLD AMERICA16375 Posts
May 21 2015 02:58 GMT
#18484
On May 21 2015 09:40 BeeLz wrote:
Just played a game with some friends who just started playing and are low ranked. I understand playing with a higher ranked player should have some downside. But this matchup made no sense, I'm LEM, we had 3 gold nova III and 1 silver III. We get matched up against 3 Supremes and 2 LEMs, what's that about :o
Still managed to win 3 rounds and end up with a positive score, and more enjoyable than solo queue. But don't think I'll be matchmaking with them again for their sake.


MM matches based on the highest rank in the group. So an LEM with 4 silvers is gonna play more LEMs
The world is burning and you rather be on this terrible website discussing video games and your shallow feelings
Sterlymobile
Profile Joined April 2011
United States1009 Posts
May 21 2015 08:36 GMT
#18485
So how do you get started with ESEA I have never played on private servers before. I am getting tired of teammates on MM and cheaters that are prevalent. Are the pugs any different than MM?
"You sons of a silly person"
Nimix
Profile Joined October 2011
France1809 Posts
May 21 2015 08:48 GMT
#18486
ESEA is doing questionnable shit at the moment (their launcher now installs a driver on your computer that will monitor everything you do even once you closed the client, the only way of not having is scan your computer being uninstalling it). I cancelled my subscription just in case, see for yourself if you find this fine or not. The pugs are different than MM, the average skill is higher, and people are more likely to communicate. However, they'll also play very selfishly, and be douches to you if you suck. 128 tick is a big plus. I'd say it's worth it if it wasn't for their last move and their CEO's answers to people's questions (which were basically, "if you don't trust me unsubscribe and get fucked, I don't have to justify what we're doing").
illsick
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1770 Posts
May 21 2015 08:57 GMT
#18487
On May 21 2015 11:58 amazingxkcd wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 21 2015 09:40 BeeLz wrote:
Just played a game with some friends who just started playing and are low ranked. I understand playing with a higher ranked player should have some downside. But this matchup made no sense, I'm LEM, we had 3 gold nova III and 1 silver III. We get matched up against 3 Supremes and 2 LEMs, what's that about :o
Still managed to win 3 rounds and end up with a positive score, and more enjoyable than solo queue. But don't think I'll be matchmaking with them again for their sake.


MM matches based on the highest rank in the group. So an LEM with 4 silvers is gonna play more LEMs


Which is really dumb.

It prohibits you from playing with your friends if they are lower ranked. Not only that, but having to get a full party if the rank discrepancy is too large is discouraging playing with friends as well. I had issues having to invite people from my friend's list to fill a party so that I can play with my nooby friend and I had to let the people I invited know that we're playing with my silver friend and that they might de-rank. It's already somewhat difficult to get a full party, let alone get a party going with people willing to play essentially 4v5.

If you want to play with 2 or more silver friends, it's not even worth trying to play lol.
you live and you learn
Nimix
Profile Joined October 2011
France1809 Posts
May 21 2015 09:26 GMT
#18488
Well yeah, people bitch about smurfing but you don't have an alternative. Either you straight out can't queue if you're too high compared to your buddies and not in a 5 man premade, and if you're in a 5 man premade you get auto-fucked because you'll basically play 1V5 or 1V9 depending on if you mates bait hard or not. I understand it's important to prevent boosting, as it reduces the amount of rage hackers quite a lot, but it's really annoying as a legit player that just wants to play with friends :<
Laserist
Profile Joined September 2011
Turkey4269 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-05-21 11:44:50
May 21 2015 11:43 GMT
#18489
On May 21 2015 17:57 illsick wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 21 2015 11:58 amazingxkcd wrote:
On May 21 2015 09:40 BeeLz wrote:
Just played a game with some friends who just started playing and are low ranked. I understand playing with a higher ranked player should have some downside. But this matchup made no sense, I'm LEM, we had 3 gold nova III and 1 silver III. We get matched up against 3 Supremes and 2 LEMs, what's that about :o
Still managed to win 3 rounds and end up with a positive score, and more enjoyable than solo queue. But don't think I'll be matchmaking with them again for their sake.


MM matches based on the highest rank in the group. So an LEM with 4 silvers is gonna play more LEMs


Which is really dumb.

It prohibits you from playing with your friends if they are lower ranked. Not only that, but having to get a full party if the rank discrepancy is too large is discouraging playing with friends as well. I had issues having to invite people from my friend's list to fill a party so that I can play with my nooby friend and I had to let the people I invited know that we're playing with my silver friend and that they might de-rank. It's already somewhat difficult to get a full party, let alone get a party going with people willing to play essentially 4v5.

If you want to play with 2 or more silver friends, it's not even worth trying to play lol.


On the contrary, works pretty well. Smurfing is the bane of this game. CS is a game basically you can 1v5 every round if you are good enough than your opponents and not even remotely entertaining for the opposing team.
As long as solo and team MMRs are the same, it works as intended imo.
“Are you with the Cartel? Because you’re definitely an Angel.”
Kamari
Profile Joined August 2011
Sweden87 Posts
May 21 2015 11:46 GMT
#18490
On the topic of community matches, how is it with faceit, is the free version good enough or do I have to pay to get matched with people of 'similar' skill as me and not have this big up and down with playing against people that are silvers in one match and the next I end up facing globals?
amazingxkcd
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
GRAND OLD AMERICA16375 Posts
May 21 2015 12:21 GMT
#18491
On May 21 2015 20:46 Kamari wrote:
On the topic of community matches, how is it with faceit, is the free version good enough or do I have to pay to get matched with people of 'similar' skill as me and not have this big up and down with playing against people that are silvers in one match and the next I end up facing globals?


you're in sweden so faceit is by far the best choice for you. I would definitely get the paid version of it for that matchmaking aspect of it plus additional features
The world is burning and you rather be on this terrible website discussing video games and your shallow feelings
tofucake
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Hyrule19259 Posts
May 21 2015 13:20 GMT
#18492
esea account management page doesn't load for me so I guess I won't be cancelling...
Liquipediaasante sana squash banana
Censured
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Czech Republic1061 Posts
May 21 2015 13:33 GMT
#18493
On May 21 2015 22:20 tofucake wrote:
esea account management page doesn't load for me so I guess I won't be cancelling...

1) log in to paypal
2) my paypal
3) gear button in top right
4) payment settings in bottom right
5) preapproved payments
6) find the ESEA one and cancel it
Occupation: Legend
Sn0_Man
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
Tebellong44238 Posts
May 21 2015 14:31 GMT
#18494
On May 21 2015 20:43 Laserist wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 21 2015 17:57 illsick wrote:
On May 21 2015 11:58 amazingxkcd wrote:
On May 21 2015 09:40 BeeLz wrote:
Just played a game with some friends who just started playing and are low ranked. I understand playing with a higher ranked player should have some downside. But this matchup made no sense, I'm LEM, we had 3 gold nova III and 1 silver III. We get matched up against 3 Supremes and 2 LEMs, what's that about :o
Still managed to win 3 rounds and end up with a positive score, and more enjoyable than solo queue. But don't think I'll be matchmaking with them again for their sake.


MM matches based on the highest rank in the group. So an LEM with 4 silvers is gonna play more LEMs


Which is really dumb.

It prohibits you from playing with your friends if they are lower ranked. Not only that, but having to get a full party if the rank discrepancy is too large is discouraging playing with friends as well. I had issues having to invite people from my friend's list to fill a party so that I can play with my nooby friend and I had to let the people I invited know that we're playing with my silver friend and that they might de-rank. It's already somewhat difficult to get a full party, let alone get a party going with people willing to play essentially 4v5.

If you want to play with 2 or more silver friends, it's not even worth trying to play lol.


On the contrary, works pretty well. Smurfing is the bane of this game. CS is a game basically you can 1v5 every round if you are good enough than your opponents and not even remotely entertaining for the opposing team.
As long as solo and team MMRs are the same, it works as intended imo.

I mean, the system doesn't discourage smurfing at all (in fact it encourages it to the point of forcing it). It merely discourages "boosting" which isn't an issue in the first place lmao.
LiquidDota StaffSCIENTISTS BAFFLED | 3275929302
Laserist
Profile Joined September 2011
Turkey4269 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-05-21 14:47:37
May 21 2015 14:41 GMT
#18495
On May 21 2015 23:31 Sn0_Man wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 21 2015 20:43 Laserist wrote:
On May 21 2015 17:57 illsick wrote:
On May 21 2015 11:58 amazingxkcd wrote:
On May 21 2015 09:40 BeeLz wrote:
Just played a game with some friends who just started playing and are low ranked. I understand playing with a higher ranked player should have some downside. But this matchup made no sense, I'm LEM, we had 3 gold nova III and 1 silver III. We get matched up against 3 Supremes and 2 LEMs, what's that about :o
Still managed to win 3 rounds and end up with a positive score, and more enjoyable than solo queue. But don't think I'll be matchmaking with them again for their sake.


MM matches based on the highest rank in the group. So an LEM with 4 silvers is gonna play more LEMs


Which is really dumb.

It prohibits you from playing with your friends if they are lower ranked. Not only that, but having to get a full party if the rank discrepancy is too large is discouraging playing with friends as well. I had issues having to invite people from my friend's list to fill a party so that I can play with my nooby friend and I had to let the people I invited know that we're playing with my silver friend and that they might de-rank. It's already somewhat difficult to get a full party, let alone get a party going with people willing to play essentially 4v5.

If you want to play with 2 or more silver friends, it's not even worth trying to play lol.


On the contrary, works pretty well. Smurfing is the bane of this game. CS is a game basically you can 1v5 every round if you are good enough than your opponents and not even remotely entertaining for the opposing team.
As long as solo and team MMRs are the same, it works as intended imo.

I mean, the system doesn't discourage smurfing at all (in fact it encourages it to the point of forcing it). It merely discourages "boosting" which isn't an issue in the first place lmao.


Correct, my bad for interpreting the wrong thing. It discourages boosting and disallows huge skill variance of a game.
Nobody would like to get rekt by a 60-0-0 guy, simply because he wants to play with his noob friends.

Maybe having separate ladders for solo & team would work for smurfs a little bit.
“Are you with the Cartel? Because you’re definitely an Angel.”
Sn0_Man
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
Tebellong44238 Posts
May 21 2015 14:43 GMT
#18496
On May 21 2015 23:41 Laserist wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 21 2015 23:31 Sn0_Man wrote:
On May 21 2015 20:43 Laserist wrote:
On May 21 2015 17:57 illsick wrote:
On May 21 2015 11:58 amazingxkcd wrote:
On May 21 2015 09:40 BeeLz wrote:
Just played a game with some friends who just started playing and are low ranked. I understand playing with a higher ranked player should have some downside. But this matchup made no sense, I'm LEM, we had 3 gold nova III and 1 silver III. We get matched up against 3 Supremes and 2 LEMs, what's that about :o
Still managed to win 3 rounds and end up with a positive score, and more enjoyable than solo queue. But don't think I'll be matchmaking with them again for their sake.


MM matches based on the highest rank in the group. So an LEM with 4 silvers is gonna play more LEMs


Which is really dumb.

It prohibits you from playing with your friends if they are lower ranked. Not only that, but having to get a full party if the rank discrepancy is too large is discouraging playing with friends as well. I had issues having to invite people from my friend's list to fill a party so that I can play with my nooby friend and I had to let the people I invited know that we're playing with my silver friend and that they might de-rank. It's already somewhat difficult to get a full party, let alone get a party going with people willing to play essentially 4v5.

If you want to play with 2 or more silver friends, it's not even worth trying to play lol.


On the contrary, works pretty well. Smurfing is the bane of this game. CS is a game basically you can 1v5 every round if you are good enough than your opponents and not even remotely entertaining for the opposing team.
As long as solo and team MMRs are the same, it works as intended imo.

I mean, the system doesn't discourage smurfing at all (in fact it encourages it to the point of forcing it). It merely discourages "boosting" which isn't an issue in the first place lmao.


Correct, my bad for interpreting the wrong thing. It encourages boosting and disallows huge skill variance of a game.
Nobody would like to get rekt by a 60-0-0 guy, simply because he wants to play with his noob friends.

Maybe having separate ladders for solo & team would work for smurfs a little bit.

? I think you need to reread my post
LiquidDota StaffSCIENTISTS BAFFLED | 3275929302
Laserist
Profile Joined September 2011
Turkey4269 Posts
May 21 2015 14:48 GMT
#18497
Ok ok.... My mind is foggy for designing circuits for 6 hours already. Give me a break..
“Are you with the Cartel? Because you’re definitely an Angel.”
amazingxkcd
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
GRAND OLD AMERICA16375 Posts
May 21 2015 14:50 GMT
#18498
friberg is using the a4 again. Hope restored?
The world is burning and you rather be on this terrible website discussing video games and your shallow feelings
lastpuritan
Profile Joined December 2014
United States540 Posts
May 21 2015 15:05 GMT
#18499
On May 21 2015 20:46 Kamari wrote:
On the topic of community matches, how is it with faceit, is the free version good enough or do I have to pay to get matched with people of 'similar' skill as me and not have this big up and down with playing against people that are silvers in one match and the next I end up facing globals?


faceit = silvers
amazingxkcd
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
GRAND OLD AMERICA16375 Posts
May 21 2015 15:12 GMT
#18500
faceit = silvers is only true for USA since everyone here plays esea.
The world is burning and you rather be on this terrible website discussing video games and your shallow feelings
Prev 1 923 924 925 926 927 1121 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 58m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 145
EnDerr 9
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 4278
Hyuk 323
Stork 164
Soma 136
Mong 74
NotJumperer 66
EffOrt 61
Killer 60
Shinee 57
ToSsGirL 44
[ Show more ]
Sharp 31
Bale 30
Noble 27
ajuk12(nOOB) 25
Hm[arnc] 24
Shine 16
yabsab 13
Sacsri 9
Dota 2
Gorgc81
League of Legends
JimRising 457
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1228
shoxiejesuss700
ceh9524
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King147
Other Games
summit1g7728
gofns1581
singsing980
crisheroes109
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick672
BasetradeTV157
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream34
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 15
• killerbeecast1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• iopq 8
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2177
• WagamamaTV103
League of Legends
• Stunt415
Other Games
• Shiphtur791
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
58m
INu's Battles
1h 58m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
3h 58m
OSC
13h 13m
Replay Cast
13h 58m
OSC
1d 13h
Big Brain Bouts
2 days
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.