• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:31
CEST 18:31
KST 01:31
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9519 users

Path of Exile - Page 1372

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 1370 1371 1372 1373 1374 1759 Next
Guild invites: Message any of EvoSenseOfPride, ScionViableORly, neophyteWham, TheTouchOfGOLD in game
OR
post your character name in the thread and ask for an invite
Private league ladder (finished): https://www.pathofexile.com/private-leagues/league/TeamLiquid and friends
bo1b
Profile Blog Joined August 2012
Australia12814 Posts
February 26 2018 19:18 GMT
#27421
On February 27 2018 04:14 EchelonTee wrote:
is lvl 4 ancestral call that crazy? the fastest way to level is still sunder

I agree with you in spirit bo1b, I don't like rampant power creep, but still, we haven't gotten patch notes yet. if they nerf GC, summoners, and sunder, I think things'll be fine

Yeh sunder is op as hell but you don't have access to that until level 12, so imo the power creep starts at 4. Not that modern cleave is bad.

I have doubts they're going to nerf those things hard enough to matter, personally.
bo1b
Profile Blog Joined August 2012
Australia12814 Posts
February 26 2018 19:22 GMT
#27422
https://i.redd.it/xiix9mjexli01.jpg

They've buffed summoners. Sweet.
Duka08
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
3391 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-02-26 19:24:00
February 26 2018 19:23 GMT
#27423
So is it just safer to say that everything's been slowly power creeping for years now, and people are salty at that long term trend. More like this is a "straw that broke the camel's back" situation, rather than Trickster coming out of nowhere and ruining the game? I'd believe that. I've no idea what the game was like pre-3.0, though I can imagine some differences based on the changes everyone always talks about (poison, ignite, coc, etc.). Not to mention pre-ascendancies if you reach further back.

The game feels like it's in a really good spot as a relatively newer player, for what it's worth. And I regard it head and shoulders over D3, which I played very much for years before trying PoE with the 3.0 drop. The larger impact of power creep due to a "static" endgame makes perfect sense compared to D3's endless rift system, but it still doesn't feel like the game is trivialized yet.
bo1b
Profile Blog Joined August 2012
Australia12814 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-02-26 19:28:55
February 26 2018 19:25 GMT
#27424
The problem I have is it's been a series of more dramatic explosions in power and qol every patch with no sign of stopping since about 2.1

The other problem I have is that throwing a build together is now so easy that the magic of it has been removed effectively. We're progressively becoming more diablo like as unique jewels and other items come with such obvious implications that you'd have to be blind to miss the potential. They could nerf spectres by 100% and skele mages would be just as strong as they are now, able to clear the game on a +1 tabula effectively immortal for about 100c.

It's disenfranchising, and I can't convince myself I've gotten 100 times better at the game since I started playing it.
HolydaKing
Profile Joined February 2010
21254 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-02-26 19:27:56
February 26 2018 19:26 GMT
#27425
50% increased Convocation recovery cooldown speed, wooowzer. Zombie buff is welcome (though they just need to be aggressive), Skellies buff is welcome. Offering half effect is a big nerf, spectres same I think?

I also expect a spectre patch nerf in some way, then it's all fine imo.
EchelonTee
Profile Joined February 2011
United States5262 Posts
February 26 2018 19:29 GMT
#27426
The game has more content and is much more stable then the old days. The game is better in a lot of ways, but the loss of that "hardcore" feeling, while hard to define, is a real and present problem. The game is much more appealing to a wider audience, but people like Evo can attest to the game not being the same thing we supported back in 2013-2015. It's a pretty complex issue and you're never going to please everyone.

SRS summoner looks like it'll be nuts

they nerfed bone offering shenanigans so I think I'm ok, still think spectre summoner too good for the cost. will see at patch notes
aka "neophyte". learn lots. dont judge. laugh for no reason. be nice. seek happiness. -D[9]
bo1b
Profile Blog Joined August 2012
Australia12814 Posts
February 26 2018 19:29 GMT
#27427
Skellies were already op with mage jewel.
Sn0_Man
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
Tebellong44238 Posts
February 26 2018 19:29 GMT
#27428
I'm also not a fan of the powercreep, and it's pretty undeniable in the long term even if I don't necessarily believe that these most recent ascendancy changes are egregious (worse is shit like abyss jewels/uniques) considering the power level of certain ascendancies already. But I understand why it's happening and i've given up on the idea of it ever going the other direction. It's kinda funny how many remakes have 10-15 ms thrown on to some random point because the playerbase has gravitated towards speed ascendancies (ahem raider/pf/inquis) over the other ones at an incredible rate.

I don't feel like levelling is that egregiously fast these days. Sure super good racers can do it in some insane timeframe, but every league I start and put in like 6 hours and only get to act 6 and want to kill myself cuz early game is so bad lol. I'm aware that this is because I'm bad, but it's also because I know I won't want to level another character anytime soon so I try to level as my fun character for the league, not necessarily a decent league starter build.

Anyways @ET, I'm not advocating for full curse effectiveness on bosses, but 80% less effect is just stupid. 60% less is already totally unmitigable, although you can apply curses that can at least somewhat be noticed, but considering the entire tree has I think 35% increased curse effectiveness, the magnitudes just aren't comparable. Maybe with occultist, tree, and that new atziri shield (post uber lul) we will be able to apply curses to map bosses, but shaper/guardians still won't care in the slightest.
LiquidDota StaffSCIENTISTS BAFFLED | 3275929302
bo1b
Profile Blog Joined August 2012
Australia12814 Posts
February 26 2018 19:30 GMT
#27429
On February 27 2018 04:29 EchelonTee wrote:
The game has more content and is much more stable then the old days. The game is better in a lot of ways, but the loss of that "hardcore" feeling, while hard to define, is a real and present problem. The game is much more appealing to a wider audience, but people like Evo can attest to the game not being the same thing we supported back in 2013-2015. It's a pretty complex issue and you're never going to please everyone.

SRS summoner looks like it'll be nuts

they nerfed bone offering shenanigans so I think I'm ok, still think spectre summoner too good for the cost. will see at patch notes

I know how you feel, but I also feel the hardcore part of the game is about 50% of it's magic... I kind of hate the casualisation of it.
HolydaKing
Profile Joined February 2010
21254 Posts
February 26 2018 19:32 GMT
#27430
On February 27 2018 04:29 bo1b wrote:
Skellies were already op with mage jewel.

They were good, but not OP if you compare it to other stuff. Neither clear speed nor boss damage were crazy.
Sn0_Man
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
Tebellong44238 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-02-26 19:36:45
February 26 2018 19:35 GMT
#27431
Ewwww new necromancer is gross actually huh.

Mistress of sacrifice got fukin rekt, commander of darkness untouched but way less support for non-summoner necro, and then some awful generic summoner node leading into options for zombie/skellie/spectre, but somehow the srs node is separate for no reason?

You literally have to take invoker to spend 8 points, but invoker is a raw sewage node huh. Convocation qol i guess but why isn't convocation just less CD in the first place????

I mean it's not that necro is underpowered I just hate how they decided to remake it.
LiquidDota StaffSCIENTISTS BAFFLED | 3275929302
EchelonTee
Profile Joined February 2011
United States5262 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-02-26 19:40:56
February 26 2018 19:37 GMT
#27432
So with the changes, SRS has 50% reduced effectiveness on flesh offering, so you loose ~15% movespeed, attackspeed, cast speed, which kinda sucks. However, since before you didn't have a great 4th point for ascendency, from Puppet Master you gain 20% minion MS, 12% minion attack/cast speed, and 30%+10% minion duration, and 20% damage from invoker. That's a buff right..?

I like the necro changes tbh, yeah Invoker is a bit of a boring node but there's lots of boring nodes in ascendency, it's a travel node. seems like this could open up zombies a bit
aka "neophyte". learn lots. dont judge. laugh for no reason. be nice. seek happiness. -D[9]
HolydaKing
Profile Joined February 2010
21254 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-02-26 19:46:46
February 26 2018 19:39 GMT
#27433
On February 27 2018 04:29 Sn0_Man wrote:
I don't feel like levelling is that egregiously fast these days. Sure super good racers can do it in some insane timeframe, but every league I start and put in like 6 hours and only get to act 6 and want to kill myself cuz early game is so bad lol. I'm aware that this is because I'm bad, but it's also because I know I won't want to level another character anytime soon so I try to level as my fun character for the league, not necessarily a decent league starter build.

I'm similar, I always start with what I want to play in the long run, it's fun for me to level with different stuff. I was doing quite good at racing in Season 4 and 5 I think, so I could definitely level fast. But I enjoy it more like that.

@Necromancer: I think Zombies will still be awkward to play thanks to their aggro range, but with Queen's Decree melee Skellies could be REALLY interesting with the 100% movement speed buff.
Fleetfeet
Profile Blog Joined May 2014
Canada2836 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-02-26 19:47:08
February 26 2018 19:46 GMT
#27434
On February 27 2018 04:30 bo1b wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 27 2018 04:29 EchelonTee wrote:
The game has more content and is much more stable then the old days. The game is better in a lot of ways, but the loss of that "hardcore" feeling, while hard to define, is a real and present problem. The game is much more appealing to a wider audience, but people like Evo can attest to the game not being the same thing we supported back in 2013-2015. It's a pretty complex issue and you're never going to please everyone.

SRS summoner looks like it'll be nuts

they nerfed bone offering shenanigans so I think I'm ok, still think spectre summoner too good for the cost. will see at patch notes

I know how you feel, but I also feel the hardcore part of the game is about 50% of it's magic... I kind of hate the casualisation of it.


I dunno. I still feel like a casual despite having played just shy of 500 hours of it. I still make really basic reading/comprehension mistakes, and have yet to push a build past t12-t13 maps, much less to "actual endgame content".

Power creep sucks, but I think PoE has room to become a bit more "casual"

That said, I don't think its necessary for every player to experience endgame content.
bo1b
Profile Blog Joined August 2012
Australia12814 Posts
February 26 2018 19:48 GMT
#27435
You'll find that the progression from t12 to t16 is much less then you think.
HolydaKing
Profile Joined February 2010
21254 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-02-26 19:51:28
February 26 2018 19:50 GMT
#27436
On February 27 2018 04:48 bo1b wrote:
You'll find that the progression from t12 to t16 is much less then you think.

Except for the bosses... If you don't play a meta build (that's not only good for trash clearing / MF) or a boss killer build, bosses like Malachai, Daresso and of course the Guardians can be quite a pain.
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-02-26 19:54:08
February 26 2018 19:51 GMT
#27437
Particularly if you're conscious about map mods. The raw enemy quality doesn't rise that quickly, it's just map mods can roll higher so if you aren't careful about the dangerous ones, they can get you.

Some of the higher tier bosses are also RIPpier, but you don't actually need to do those more than once.

On February 27 2018 04:50 HolydaKing wrote:
Except for the bosses... If you don't play a meta build (that's not only good for trash clearing / MF) or a boss killer build, bosses like Malachai, Daresso and of course the Guardians can be quite a pain.

There's not much incentive to do non-Guardian map bosses more than once though, considering people just run their shaped map after that, which just has an upscaled low-tier boss.

Putting RIPpy bosses in T15 just further incentivizes people to farm shaped T10s over natural T15s.
Moderator
HolydaKing
Profile Joined February 2010
21254 Posts
February 26 2018 19:55 GMT
#27438
On February 27 2018 04:51 TheYango wrote:
Particularly if you're conscious about map mods. The raw enemy quality doesn't rise that quickly, it's just map mods can roll higher so if you aren't careful about the dangerous ones, they can get you.

Some of the higher tier bosses are also RIPpier, but you don't actually need to do those more than once.

Show nested quote +
On February 27 2018 04:50 HolydaKing wrote:
Except for the bosses... If you don't play a meta build (that's not only good for trash clearing / MF) or a boss killer build, bosses like Malachai, Daresso and of course the Guardians can be quite a pain.

There's not much incentive to do non-Guardian map bosses more than once though, considering people just run their shaped map after that, which just has an upscaled low-tier boss.

Putting RIPpy bosses in T15 just further incentivizes people to farm shaped T10s over natural T15s.

That's right, and I hope in the future something changes with the atlas. I also wouldn't mind boss drops to be better, although I still always do them since I like getting more maps. But yeah, I also don't do hard map bosses more than once and only farm select maps...
EchelonTee
Profile Joined February 2011
United States5262 Posts
February 26 2018 19:55 GMT
#27439
I find people are really loathe to re-roll their maps. when I pushed for 100, I never did >2 damage mods, usually just 1 damage mod at most. Yeah it cost a bunch to reroll, but if you play a lot you will get rich no matter what.

That's what I like about SC actually. you're not as afraid of dying so you can play harder mod maps. In HC I play very conservatively
aka "neophyte". learn lots. dont judge. laugh for no reason. be nice. seek happiness. -D[9]
HolydaKing
Profile Joined February 2010
21254 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-02-26 19:58:06
February 26 2018 19:57 GMT
#27440
On February 27 2018 04:55 EchelonTee wrote:
I find people are really loathe to re-roll their maps. when I pushed for 100, I never did >2 damage mods, usually just 1 damage mod at most. Yeah it cost a bunch to reroll, but if you play a lot you will get rich no matter what.

That's what I like about SC actually. you're not as afraid of dying so you can play harder mod maps. In HC I play very conservatively

Last I saw Theuberelite going to 100 in SSFHC he played only blue maps at 99, so yeah. ^^
Prev 1 1370 1371 1372 1373 1374 1759 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 7h 29m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech148
UpATreeSC 105
BRAT_OK 49
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 4265
Bisu 1848
Soulkey 1459
EffOrt 924
Mini 671
Larva 401
Horang2 375
ZerO 350
actioN 204
ggaemo 175
[ Show more ]
Yoon 115
Shinee 101
Mind 94
hero 76
Sharp 70
Sea.KH 64
sorry 61
Snow 51
Barracks 45
Hyun 39
Bale 29
Trap 27
Terrorterran 25
ToSsGirL 22
NaDa 17
Rock 15
scan(afreeca) 13
Sacsri 9
Noble 8
zelot 8
ajuk12(nOOB) 7
Dota 2
Gorgc5926
Dendi1172
420jenkins296
XaKoH 227
League of Legends
Reynor81
Counter-Strike
fl0m3642
x6flipin754
Fnx 673
pashabiceps203
edward27
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes400
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi1388
hiko950
FrodaN446
B2W.Neo395
XBOCT200
Livibee168
QueenE108
TKL 100
Mew2King51
C9.Mang022
ZerO(Twitch)18
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV180
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream33
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 54
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 42
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV678
League of Legends
• Nemesis3877
• TFBlade649
Other Games
• Shiphtur488
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
7h 29m
Patches Events
23h 29m
The PondCast
1d 17h
INu's Battles
1d 18h
Percival vs TBD
Zoun vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.