• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:12
CEST 04:12
KST 11:12
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War585.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning? TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8977 users

Path of Exile - Page 1346

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 1344 1345 1346 1347 1348 1759 Next
Guild invites: Message any of EvoSenseOfPride, ScionViableORly, neophyteWham, TheTouchOfGOLD in game
OR
post your character name in the thread and ask for an invite
Private league ladder (finished): https://www.pathofexile.com/private-leagues/league/TeamLiquid and friends
Duka08
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
3391 Posts
December 16 2017 05:42 GMT
#26901
I got a Poet's Pen drop. Wonder if I should sell it for the 30-35c it's worth or hang on to it for alt ideas. Not even sure what folks are doin with it, seems like Cospri's but more flexible?
NarutO
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
Germany18839 Posts
December 16 2017 16:42 GMT
#26902
On December 16 2017 14:42 Duka08 wrote:
I got a Poet's Pen drop. Wonder if I should sell it for the 30-35c it's worth or hang on to it for alt ideas. Not even sure what folks are doin with it, seems like Cospri's but more flexible?


I think its worth to stick with it - it looks fun but if you need the currency - sell it
CommentatorPolt | MMA | Jjakji | BoxeR | NaDa | MVP | MKP ... truly inspiring.
Pwere
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada1557 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-12-17 06:41:47
December 17 2017 06:37 GMT
#26903
On December 16 2017 14:42 Duka08 wrote:
I got a Poet's Pen drop. Wonder if I should sell it for the 30-35c it's worth or hang on to it for alt ideas. Not even sure what folks are doin with it, seems like Cospri's but more flexible?
I sold a +3 Volatile Dead corpses consumed Starkonja to someone doing Poet's Pen VD, and it seems really popular/fun. That enchant basically doubles your DPS and that's where the Pen setup really shines.

Also, luckboxed another +2 Tornado Shot enchant, this time on Rat's Nest. Today's lab is insanely good, and 3.x lab is already so much more profitable and fun. Kinda sad that Izaro is still glitched and won't drop his lab unique with the proper Dark Shrine, but really can't complain...
r.Evo
Profile Joined August 2006
Germany14081 Posts
December 17 2017 12:11 GMT
#26904
Bit late, but sorry to whoever got killed when we did the Lich. You were a bit low level I guess, should have skipped/waited outside maybe. :x
"We don't make mistakes here, we call it happy little accidents." ~Bob Ross
Alur
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Denmark3900 Posts
December 17 2017 17:12 GMT
#26905
Evo confirmed PK'er + victimblamer
AKA No can Dazzle | https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlTpX7z3Pok
TL+ Member
r.Evo
Profile Joined August 2006
Germany14081 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-12-17 23:08:18
December 17 2017 23:08 GMT
#26906
Speaking of blaming (potential) victims:

PSA: Don't stand in green shit. (<3)
"We don't make mistakes here, we call it happy little accidents." ~Bob Ross
-Archangel-
Profile Joined May 2010
Croatia7457 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-12-18 10:27:06
December 18 2017 10:26 GMT
#26907
Guys, how do you survive big packs of archers one shotting you when you open a door? :D
I am getting owned in mid tier maps by archers or any pack with hero that has physical damage aura.

I got around 6500 life+mana (using MoM). I am usually running Basalt and 3 endurance charges (except when I open these doors, I got no EC then).

Also I am finding Abyss fights harder and harder. The amount of damage incoming is a bit high at times. Do you guys stand around and fight them openly or move tactically?
And the Abyss pit is very irritating to fight around as it blocks movement.
kju
Profile Joined September 2010
6143 Posts
December 18 2017 10:58 GMT
#26908
On December 18 2017 08:08 r.Evo wrote:
Speaking of blaming (potential) victims:

PSA: Don't stand in green shit. (<3)

Oh that puddle did so much dmg, good to know
Velr
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Switzerland10966 Posts
December 18 2017 13:22 GMT
#26909
On December 18 2017 19:26 -Archangel- wrote:
Guys, how do you survive big packs of archers one shotting you when you open a door? :D
I am getting owned in mid tier maps by archers or any pack with hero that has physical damage aura.

I got around 6500 life+mana (using MoM). I am usually running Basalt and 3 endurance charges (except when I open these doors, I got no EC then).

Also I am finding Abyss fights harder and harder. The amount of damage incoming is a bit high at times. Do you guys stand around and fight them openly or move tactically?
And the Abyss pit is very irritating to fight around as it blocks movement.


What Kind of Mob are you talking about?

I'm just up to T7/8 (iirc) but run around with 3'600 HP/Evasion whiteout Mom and this seems to not happen?
Well, i play Traps so i just open the door and throw a few traps in before entering it but with your HP and Mom you should be more than fine?

The only mobpacks that sometimes truely trouble me is this new one that throws golden Fireballs and this weird Firerain (single ones often climb up the railways on the Act 10 maps).
HolydaKing
Profile Joined February 2010
21254 Posts
December 18 2017 13:29 GMT
#26910
Normal mobs usually aren't a problem but the small rats can hurt a LOT more than you'd expect. Biggest threat usually is enemies with Elemental/Physical thorns in a +2 projectiles map, that shit instantly does like 5-6k dmg if it hits. Abyss rares can be a pain (especially with crit mods or Souleater), but the most hurting ones are the big ones with their whirling blades / whirlwind skill.
-Archangel-
Profile Joined May 2010
Croatia7457 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-12-18 13:45:28
December 18 2017 13:32 GMT
#26911
On December 18 2017 22:22 Velr wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 18 2017 19:26 -Archangel- wrote:
Guys, how do you survive big packs of archers one shotting you when you open a door? :D
I am getting owned in mid tier maps by archers or any pack with hero that has physical damage aura.

I got around 6500 life+mana (using MoM). I am usually running Basalt and 3 endurance charges (except when I open these doors, I got no EC then).

Also I am finding Abyss fights harder and harder. The amount of damage incoming is a bit high at times. Do you guys stand around and fight them openly or move tactically?
And the Abyss pit is very irritating to fight around as it blocks movement.


What Kind of Mob are you talking about?

I'm just up to T7/8 (iirc) but run around with 3'600 HP/Evasion whiteout Mom and this seems to not happen?
Well, i play Traps so i just open the door and throw a few traps in before entering it but with your HP and Mom you should be more than fine?

The only mobpacks that sometimes truely trouble me is this new one that throws golden Fireballs and this weird Firerain (single ones often climb up the railways on the Act 10 maps).

Any bigger groups of archers that have fast projectiles. I opened a door with a shrine yesterday. It had probably 30 mobs inside. I was dead before I cast one spell lol.

When I am whirling around and if I stop inside range of archers+rare with aura they all shoot and me and kill me before I get to react.

I got no evasion, probably that is the reason why this happens :D

Also in fights vs Abyss, those rares that come out make my life miserable. But I don't have much problems inside Abyss realms.

Also I got some advice to switch my Basalt with a Granite, I didn't follow up on it.. maybe I should. Or maybe a Jade Flask would be more useful.
Velr
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Switzerland10966 Posts
December 18 2017 13:54 GMT
#26912
I got more Problems with the normal Abyssworms/Whitemobs they spawn than anything else.
But my build pretty much just deletes Rares/Bosses... At the cost of General clear because Trapcooldown is a bitch .
-Archangel-
Profile Joined May 2010
Croatia7457 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-12-18 14:02:21
December 18 2017 14:00 GMT
#26913
On December 18 2017 22:54 Velr wrote:
I got more Problems with the normal Abyssworms/Whitemobs they spawn than anything else.
But my build pretty much just deletes Rares/Bosses... At the cost of General clear because Trapcooldown is a bitch .

I switch to Conc Effect for boss fights and clear them fairly fast. But for this general mapping Inc AoE is my prefered support and I kill white enemies fast but rares that do lots of damage and buff everyone don't die fast.

But still, I died only like twice to Abyss monsters. Most of my deaths were to these archer groups and some surprise Beyond boss spawns.
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
December 18 2017 14:42 GMT
#26914
I hate those goddamn worms.
Oh, you want to pick up your loot from this abyss?
Fuck you I'm gonna fire worms at you until you find the 8 launchers strewn about the area.
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
Velr
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Switzerland10966 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-12-18 15:47:49
December 18 2017 14:49 GMT
#26915
I died yesterday to reflect-mob (which is now pure evil for mines/traps, especially mines, because your standing still more than most other "non-tank" builds :p).

Nearly died again on the run back because in some corner there were like 8 of these damn maggots stacked on one another and nearly oneshot me.
PoulsenB
Profile Joined June 2011
Poland7762 Posts
December 18 2017 14:55 GMT
#26916
The maggot mortars are super annoying, I always try to kill those as soon as they spawn.
IdrA fan forever <3 || the clueless one || Marci must be protected at all costs
Duvon
Profile Joined October 2011
Sweden2360 Posts
December 18 2017 17:02 GMT
#26917
The Cleave gladiator I was doing was boring so I made a flicker juggernaught. I love flicker :D except sometimes on higharmored enemies, when my mana runs out

I don't know what to make of endurance charges either - should I balance resist about having them or not... without them I go splat, but with them up I'm almost invulnerable.
Nothing is impossible, only some things for some people.
Sn0_Man
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
Tebellong44238 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-12-18 17:46:03
December 18 2017 17:45 GMT
#26918
AFAIK Most people agree you shouldn't rely on endurance charges for resists unless you have really truly 100% uptime on them (aka jugg with an enduring cry socketed and used as needed). Anything less simply isn't reliable enough.

It's different for stuff like ele weakness maps (I'm happy with having charges and/or wise oak and/or a warding flask solve ele weakness issues) but it's just too easy to get 1-shot at 50% res because you let your charges lapse for the barest moment over the course of enough maps.
LiquidDota StaffSCIENTISTS BAFFLED | 3275929302
Velr
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Switzerland10966 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-12-18 19:31:31
December 18 2017 17:57 GMT
#26919
On December 19 2017 02:02 Duvon wrote:
The Cleave gladiator I was doing was boring so I made a flicker juggernaught. I love flicker :D except sometimes on higharmored enemies, when my mana runs out

I don't know what to make of endurance charges either - should I balance resist about having them or not... without them I go splat, but with them up I'm almost invulnerable.


Do trickster and run 3 heralds/auras.
Constant max power/frenzy charges on trash.


Dunno if itworks whiteout VP but Trickster was actually "the way" to flicker before abyss.

Btw: As a trapper with very good boss dmg... How much HP till Izaro isn't one shotting you with his "normal" moves?
My build is supposedly a lab runner.... But i don't like the lab and did it to cure me. But i forgot how much i don't care about trading/getting rich so my gear sucks.
I will need to dodge everythibg but i would hate to die to a random hit.
bo1b
Profile Blog Joined August 2012
Australia12814 Posts
December 18 2017 21:03 GMT
#26920
There were plenty of ways to flicker, chiefly slayer and raider above trickster for well thought out builds.
Prev 1 1344 1345 1346 1347 1348 1759 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 7h 48m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 202
NeuroSwarm 146
FoxeR 20
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 1030
Leta 616
Bale 83
League of Legends
Doublelift4156
Other Games
summit1g8289
JimRising 536
ViBE190
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick672
BasetradeTV202
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 97
• Light_VIP 12
• Letter146
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Scarra1086
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
7h 48m
Patches Events
12h 48m
BSL Open Qualifier
16h 48m
BSL Open Qualifier
16h 48m
OSC
20h 48m
OSC
1d 9h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.