• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:15
CEST 10:15
KST 17:15
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War605.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
TL Sidebar missing streams [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7396 users

Path of Exile - Page 1345

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 1343 1344 1345 1346 1347 1759 Next
Guild invites: Message any of EvoSenseOfPride, ScionViableORly, neophyteWham, TheTouchOfGOLD in game
OR
post your character name in the thread and ask for an invite
Private league ladder (finished): https://www.pathofexile.com/private-leagues/league/TeamLiquid and friends
Sn0_Man
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
Tebellong44238 Posts
December 14 2017 17:17 GMT
#26881
If you want to scale the balls (i kinda forgot that melee phys doesn't work on them, good point) just run weapon elemental damage or added fire.

DoFL is just NOT reliable enough without vaal pact imo in really any situation
LiquidDota StaffSCIENTISTS BAFFLED | 3275929302
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
December 14 2017 17:48 GMT
#26882
I'm using bloodseeker/blade flurry and I don't even find it reliable.
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
hunts
Profile Joined September 2010
United States2113 Posts
December 14 2017 19:58 GMT
#26883
I want to make an alt later this league and I want to flicker with either starforge or atziris disfavor. Looked for threads on it and can't really find any builds other than an oit dated one that focuses on heavy strike, which I don't know if it will work without vp. Anyone have ideas or builds for how to make flicker work with a weapon that isn't oros or terminus? A friend was saying some boots and another item combo or something that will cause bleeding and make you immune to bleeds and generate frenzy charges through bleeding but I forgot what exactly he said.
twitch.tv/huntstv 7x legend streamer
Sn0_Man
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
Tebellong44238 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-12-14 20:14:05
December 14 2017 20:11 GMT
#26884
There's a new unique jewel that reflects bleeds you cause back to you, which enables the red trail breach unique boots which have a mod "Gain a frenzy charge on hit while bleeding" which means that you can flicker forever no problem if you are bleeding. The problem here is that if you are doing significant amounts of physical damage, your reflected bleeds are going to absolutely annihilate yourself. There are a few ways to mitigate this, but the easiest as far as I know are either figuring out a very very reliable Immortal Call setup or else doing virtually no physical damage (maybe converting it all for example, although you do have to do a very small amount to get the bleed to exist).

That's by far the most reliable constant-flicker setup outside of oros/terminus of course, but there are other options. Raider for example is reasonably close to perma-flicker assuming your damage is good, so with a few extra frenzy charge generation methods tacked on (poachers mark, various other frenzy charge on kill mechanics, ice bite + herald of ice, etc) you can do it with any weapon, at the cost of it not being quiiiiiite 100% permanently reliable (you'd probably have to run a frenzy gem somewhere JUST IN CASE).

If you are willing to accept flicker for everything except bosses, and use a different link for bosses, then it really opens up as most frenzy charge generation is on kill which works just fine for clearing trash as long as you are willing to bust out a separate skill for bossing.
LiquidDota StaffSCIENTISTS BAFFLED | 3275929302
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-12-14 21:07:37
December 14 2017 20:57 GMT
#26885
On December 15 2017 02:17 Sn0_Man wrote:
If you want to scale the balls (i kinda forgot that melee phys doesn't work on them, good point) just run weapon elemental damage or added fire.

DoFL is just NOT reliable enough without vaal pact imo in really any situation

I kind of disagree, as it depends on the skill. I've used DoFL as the 6th link on Sunder as Champion/Gladiator (i.e. no VP or Slayer leech) and have never found problems with it during general mapping. It's kind of shitty in certain situations but for pure mapping clearspeed when you *are* just sitting on full life 95% of the time, it's a big more multiplier for skills that don't necessarily have great 6th link options. The 5% of the time where you drop down to having a 5L doesn't outweigh your improved clearspeed the other 95% of the time.

That said, Molten Strike has access to enough more reliable more multipliers that you don't need to resort to using DoFL. 4-link should definitely be Molten + Ancestral + Multi + EDWA. The 5th and 6th links have so many options (Added Fire, Conc, Ele Focus) that you don't really need DoFL.

On December 15 2017 02:07 Duka08 wrote:
- Dmg on full life looked better in PoB because it applies to the balls of MS and not only the initial melee hit? It simmed to be a much bigger gain. But yeah, during leveling it was easy to have full life, now not as much, will probably switch and save that for later 5/6L.

DoFL is *always* going to look good in PoB because it's a bigger more multiplier than basically anything else when you're on full life. The downside is essentially losing a link when you take significant damage.

It's a lower priority than reliable more multipliers like Melee Phys and EDWA. Once you get down to things that do less damage, it gets a little iffier, but Molten Strike has enough options that it shouldn't need to use DoFL.
Moderator
Duka08
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
3391 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-12-14 21:33:50
December 14 2017 21:04 GMT
#26886
Yeah I was using a Sunder guide as a reference originally (that was the plan until MS+AC was hilarious) and just saw that the DoFL was a much bigger multiplier overall for MS too so I stuck with it. Especially for leveling I was life capped almost always.

I've got a WED on deck now to start using, but I hadn't thought about Conc Effect or Ele Focus either. Will do more PoB fiddling to see what works out the best I guess. Though I don't fully trust PoB when it comes to the balls. Or AoE in general I guess. I think a rule of thumb would be, if the balls component gets bigger in PoB it's going to be EVEN better aoe in actual practice because PoB is only doing single target, right?

Oh yeah, anyone have their favorite CWDT options? Slash alternatives to Immortal Call / Enfeeble, mostly out of curiosity. I thought about removing IC until I get O&O for reliable/faster Endurance charge generation, but I don't even know what I'd replace it with so meh.
Duvon
Profile Joined October 2011
Sweden2360 Posts
December 14 2017 21:59 GMT
#26887
On December 15 2017 05:11 Sn0_Man wrote:
There's a new unique jewel that reflects bleeds you cause back to you, which enables the red trail breach unique boots which have a mod "Gain a frenzy charge on hit while bleeding" which means that you can flicker forever no problem if you are bleeding. The problem here is that if you are doing significant amounts of physical damage, your reflected bleeds are going to absolutely annihilate yourself. There are a few ways to mitigate this, but the easiest as far as I know are either figuring out a very very reliable Immortal Call setup or else doing virtually no physical damage (maybe converting it all for example, although you do have to do a very small amount to get the bleed to exist).

That's by far the most reliable constant-flicker setup outside of oros/terminus of course, but there are other options. Raider for example is reasonably close to perma-flicker assuming your damage is good, so with a few extra frenzy charge generation methods tacked on (poachers mark, various other frenzy charge on kill mechanics, ice bite + herald of ice, etc) you can do it with any weapon, at the cost of it not being quiiiiiite 100% permanently reliable (you'd probably have to run a frenzy gem somewhere JUST IN CASE).

If you are willing to accept flicker for everything except bosses, and use a different link for bosses, then it really opens up as most frenzy charge generation is on kill which works just fine for clearing trash as long as you are willing to bust out a separate skill for bossing.

Read about an interesting take on raider flicker; ngamahus axe with conc (and or gmp?) to get reliable frenzy generation on singeltarget.
Nothing is impossible, only some things for some people.
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-12-14 22:28:17
December 14 2017 22:28 GMT
#26888
Honestly, I don't even really like CWDT+IC that much on Gladiator with O&O, I just run it with Enfeeble only. O&O rewards you so much for being at full charges you often don't want to be dropping them all the time rather than just keeping the combined damage reduction.
Moderator
Duka08
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
3391 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-12-14 23:00:50
December 14 2017 22:31 GMT
#26889
On December 15 2017 07:28 TheYango wrote:
Honestly, I don't even really like CWDT+IC that much on Gladiator with O&O, I just run it with Enfeeble only. O&O rewards you so much for being at full charges you often don't want to be dropping them all the time rather than just keeping the combined damage reduction.

Yeah I'm really feeling that now that I'm actually bothering to try and keep my End.charges up... No other decent alternatives though? Just an ez CWDT+feeble? I'll keep my golem on there too like I have been. Means I could migrate it to a 3L, though I don't think I'd do anything with the open 4L (maybe long term that's better to get used to because of Koam items idk)

Other builds I've used in the past just tossed things like BV or bladefall or something in there for some quick leech in a pinch I think but that seems useless without all the Slayer/VP juice. Molten Shell maybe idk. All minor probably. The enfeeble alone helps enough. Maybe a second Enduring Cry while I have the red slot, for max lazy lol

Edit: nvm enduring cry doesn't work :|
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
December 14 2017 22:35 GMT
#26890
Molten Shell and the new Tempest Shield are reasonable defensive choices (though Tempest Shield doesn't work without a Shield). Frost Bomb for builds that can use the cold res reduction.

If I'm using a 2-link CWDT setup, I just throw it in a 4-link with my auras.
Moderator
Duka08
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
3391 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-12-14 23:11:22
December 14 2017 23:09 GMT
#26891
If you have Iron Reflexes does the 3000 evasion from a jade flask become 3000 armor? I've heard iron reflexes is weird with some sources of evasion and not others. I haven't taken it, I was just curious.
Sn0_Man
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
Tebellong44238 Posts
December 14 2017 23:34 GMT
#26892
Yes

The only thing it's "weird" with is nodes that grant both armour % and evasion %, which it's supposed to NOT double count but has double counted in some cases because it's manually excluded and so they add new ones and forget lul
LiquidDota StaffSCIENTISTS BAFFLED | 3275929302
ASoo
Profile Joined November 2010
2867 Posts
December 14 2017 23:47 GMT
#26893
It also doesn't count your % increased evasion from Dexterity, but that's not really "weird" since it says it right on the keystone.
hunts
Profile Joined September 2010
United States2113 Posts
December 15 2017 01:43 GMT
#26894
On December 15 2017 05:11 Sn0_Man wrote:
There's a new unique jewel that reflects bleeds you cause back to you, which enables the red trail breach unique boots which have a mod "Gain a frenzy charge on hit while bleeding" which means that you can flicker forever no problem if you are bleeding. The problem here is that if you are doing significant amounts of physical damage, your reflected bleeds are going to absolutely annihilate yourself. There are a few ways to mitigate this, but the easiest as far as I know are either figuring out a very very reliable Immortal Call setup or else doing virtually no physical damage (maybe converting it all for example, although you do have to do a very small amount to get the bleed to exist).

That's by far the most reliable constant-flicker setup outside of oros/terminus of course, but there are other options. Raider for example is reasonably close to perma-flicker assuming your damage is good, so with a few extra frenzy charge generation methods tacked on (poachers mark, various other frenzy charge on kill mechanics, ice bite + herald of ice, etc) you can do it with any weapon, at the cost of it not being quiiiiiite 100% permanently reliable (you'd probably have to run a frenzy gem somewhere JUST IN CASE).

If you are willing to accept flicker for everything except bosses, and use a different link for bosses, then it really opens up as most frenzy charge generation is on kill which works just fine for clearing trash as long as you are willing to bust out a separate skill for bossing.


Not entirely sure what build would be. Raider sounds interesting but I feel like slayer is just too good now after the vp nerf? Was considering maybe starforge and doing 5l flicker and 6l heavy strike or something for boss killing? Saw a video of a guy in 3.0 killing shaper In a few seconds with starforge heavy strike and using a 5l flicker for thr trash but that was berserker and pre vp nerf so not sure if that would work now. I think slayer is just better now but maybe I'm wrong. An expensive alternative which I doubt I'll do is 2 starforge 1 for flicker 1 for single target. Did that last league with doom fletch but that was much cheaper than starforge lol.
twitch.tv/huntstv 7x legend streamer
r.Evo
Profile Joined August 2006
Germany14081 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-12-15 08:22:29
December 15 2017 05:56 GMT
#26895
Mostly posting this because I haven't seen this in practice yet regarding how Elder influence seems to spread:

Initial situation of my Atlas, I'm trying to push him into Promenade/Racecourse for my higher tier Shaper Orbs.

After doing Precinct (T10, the only yellow map connected to a red map) Elder Influence spreads into all T10s in range - including Shipyard (was Shaper controlled) and Bog (was neutral).

After running Bog for the orb it spread further, all the way up to Geode, further right from Shipyard and it even took Phantasmagoria back from Shaperbro. Going to do a Waste Pool next and see if that will cut off the entire upwards portion.

After Waste Pool (worked as intended, even pushed into Promenade by itself).

After getting Orb from Promenade (obvious result, wtb Promenade).

tl;dr: Push him towards your preferred red maps, cut off long winded paths to ensure he stays small. Do a Shaper Map next to him so he moves up, then do the same map again for the orb. Repeat upwards in tiers.
"We don't make mistakes here, we call it happy little accidents." ~Bob Ross
HolydaKing
Profile Joined February 2010
21254 Posts
December 15 2017 09:15 GMT
#26896
Yeah that's what I thought so far. So it seems like it'll be much more expensive to get Shaped maps only on your Atlas, no? You would need to remove much more maps if you want to push the Elder far to the red tier maps.
-Archangel-
Profile Joined May 2010
Croatia7457 Posts
December 15 2017 10:34 GMT
#26897
I will probably do my Atlas like always, randomly
r.Evo
Profile Joined August 2006
Germany14081 Posts
December 15 2017 11:58 GMT
#26898
On December 15 2017 18:15 HolydaKing wrote:
Yeah that's what I thought so far. So it seems like it'll be much more expensive to get Shaped maps only on your Atlas, no? You would need to remove much more maps if you want to push the Elder far to the red tier maps.

Yes. And you have to spend more to get there as well. For example I had to do the Shaper-controlled Racecourse twice, first to move Elder there and then again to get the orb. If I wanted to move up another tier I'd have to do Racecourse to flip it back to Elder and then the next tier twice again as well.

So for T12+T13 orb the minimum would be 3xT12 + 2xT13 that can only drop from the T12 at that point in time.

Basically rushing the orbs is fine in a developed league with some money but really hard during the first few days now.
"We don't make mistakes here, we call it happy little accidents." ~Bob Ross
HolydaKing
Profile Joined February 2010
21254 Posts
December 15 2017 12:11 GMT
#26899
Hmm, that makes me wonder if I'll really do Shaped atlas strategy this league or if I complete fully again like last league (where I regretted it). The maps are better now on average, but still...
bo1b
Profile Blog Joined August 2012
Australia12814 Posts
December 16 2017 04:50 GMT
#26900
Well I was making a doomfletch guy for the botshot, but then a decent piscators dropped and I vaaled culling strike, so now...
Prev 1 1343 1344 1345 1346 1347 1759 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 45m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 4541
Leta 2288
BeSt 502
Soulkey 395
Soma 183
Rush 65
ZergMaN 30
Shine 30
Dota 2
XcaliburYe118
League of Legends
JimRising 560
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King77
Other Games
summit1g7946
WinterStarcraft724
Sick252
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV203
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 4
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Sammyuel 33
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2306
League of Legends
• Jankos1011
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1h 45m
Patches Events
6h 45m
BSL Open Qualifier
10h 45m
BSL Open Qualifier
10h 45m
OSC
14h 45m
OSC
1d 3h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.