• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:54
CEST 23:54
KST 06:54
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War655.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 547 Temple Of Terror Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts
Brood War
General
Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch) Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
The Link Between Gaming and …
TrAiDoS
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 11356 users

Path of Exile - Page 1343

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 1341 1342 1343 1344 1345 1759 Next
Guild invites: Message any of EvoSenseOfPride, ScionViableORly, neophyteWham, TheTouchOfGOLD in game
OR
post your character name in the thread and ask for an invite
Private league ladder (finished): https://www.pathofexile.com/private-leagues/league/TeamLiquid and friends
PoulsenB
Profile Joined June 2011
Poland7762 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-12-12 09:43:48
December 12 2017 09:36 GMT
#26841
I'm only on tier 1 right now but I really like Lookout, it has a nice linear layout and the boss is pretty easy. I might even shape it later instead of the Beach.
IdrA fan forever <3 || the clueless one || Marci must be protected at all costs
Gorsameth
Profile Joined April 2010
Netherlands22662 Posts
December 12 2017 11:26 GMT
#26842
On December 12 2017 17:13 Duka08 wrote:
Man even as a gladiator with capped res, going from A10 to mapping is still a kick in the teeth as far as incoming damage. My life is pretty low because I was just saving pieces with solid resists for the -60% penalty, but man, I'll have to start shopping for +life stuff asap probably. Or desperately try and squeeze my merc lab in for the 3rd ascendacy boost (taking the spell block one) which might help a bit. I failed on 3rd phase Izaro twice and called it a night lol.

That all being said, Molten Strike + Ancestral Call is probably the most fun I've had with a build so far, and leveling was a fucking breeze. Died once due to distraction in like a1-2, never after that. Balls everywhere.

I always try to get merc lab done before doing Kitava precisely because of the resist hit.
It means you might have to farm levels for a little bit but I'm mostly overleveled anyway from enjoying exploding mobs to much ><
It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death
Duvon
Profile Joined October 2011
Sweden2360 Posts
December 12 2017 12:28 GMT
#26843
The glad spellblock at 60+ normal block is extreme.
Nothing is impossible, only some things for some people.
akatama
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Romania982 Posts
December 12 2017 13:16 GMT
#26844
Good lord, ED is so strong right now. Blasphemy Despair makes stuff just melt.
HolydaKing
Profile Joined February 2010
21254 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-12-12 13:33:31
December 12 2017 13:22 GMT
#26845
Geez, just fought my first Abyssal Lich (some weird name, Anmananu or something lol). I died 5 times. But I killed it and got Darkness Enthroned. Was a dps test too, which wasn't a problem for me but I can see some builds failing to kill all the nests in time.

Could probably kill him deathless next time, just failed against his "barrage" which is like Piety/Innocence beam but felt faster.
HolydaKing
Profile Joined February 2010
21254 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-12-12 17:57:56
December 12 2017 17:56 GMT
#26846
https://gyazo.com/7b3ba27fe70186ff4056c6b2303ee0c5

Holy crap, OP crit jewel for melee or phys casters... O_o

Got that from reddit. I also have to say the guy saying that they nerfed power charges because getting crit capped is too easy is is spot on. The items this league are insane. It's a fun league though, but I'm a bit worried.
-Archangel-
Profile Joined May 2010
Croatia7457 Posts
December 12 2017 17:59 GMT
#26847
On December 13 2017 02:56 HolydaKing wrote:
https://gyazo.com/7b3ba27fe70186ff4056c6b2303ee0c5

Holy crap, OP crit jewel for melee or phys casters... O_o

Got that from reddit. I also have to say the guy saying that they nerfed power charges because getting crit capped is too easy is is spot on. The items this league are insane. It's a fun league though, but I'm a bit worried.

If I get that I am making a crit GC miner :D
Sn0_Man
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
Tebellong44238 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-12-12 18:01:31
December 12 2017 18:00 GMT
#26848
The assumed/datamined list of mods on the watchers eye are INSANE like just WAY past busted

I'm assuming it's just tier 1 rarity combined with the eyes of the greatwolf esque need to roll the specific set of mods that's supposed to keep it in check. It's one hell of a chase unique though.
On December 13 2017 02:59 -Archangel- wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 13 2017 02:56 HolydaKing wrote:
https://gyazo.com/7b3ba27fe70186ff4056c6b2303ee0c5

Holy crap, OP crit jewel for melee or phys casters... O_o

Got that from reddit. I also have to say the guy saying that they nerfed power charges because getting crit capped is too easy is is spot on. The items this league are insane. It's a fun league though, but I'm a bit worried.

If I get that I am making a crit GC miner :D

While the chances of you getting a watchers eye aren't that bad assuming you grind, the chances of you getting one with THOSE mods are unbelievably low. It chooses 2 mods from a pool of like 3 per aura
LiquidDota StaffSCIENTISTS BAFFLED | 3275929302
HolydaKing
Profile Joined February 2010
21254 Posts
December 12 2017 19:25 GMT
#26849
On December 12 2017 22:22 HolydaKing wrote:
Geez, just fought my first Abyssal Lich (some weird name, Anmananu or something lol). I died 5 times. But I killed it and got Darkness Enthroned. Was a dps test too, which wasn't a problem for me but I can see some builds failing to kill all the nests in time.

Could probably kill him deathless next time, just failed against his "barrage" which is like Piety/Innocence beam but felt faster.

Apparenly I couldn't, met him again. And realized the barrage isn't even the thing that killed me. Once he casts the ground effects you gotta GTFO, they are absurd. After I realized his attack pattern the last 50% were easy though.
Duka08
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
3391 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-12-12 23:29:52
December 12 2017 23:25 GMT
#26850
Anyone have a good rule of thumb on what they look for in a weapon(s) as they transition from leveling to mapping? I know at least one of my 1H'ers is really bad, they probably both are, but I don't have a good feel for what sort of dps I should be looking for on a budget when I'm crafting/shopping.

Edit: oh also, other than the obvious implicits, are there any differences between axes vs maces vs swords vs claws vs daggers...? Assuming I don't have any nodes that require a specific weapon type of course. Like, if I'm just looking to craft/buy generically good 1H for a melee build, is there a specific type/base I should look for
HolydaKing
Profile Joined February 2010
21254 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-12-13 00:00:24
December 12 2017 23:58 GMT
#26851
On December 13 2017 08:25 Duka08 wrote:
Anyone have a good rule of thumb on what they look for in a weapon(s) as they transition from leveling to mapping? I know at least one of my 1H'ers is really bad, they probably both are, but I don't have a good feel for what sort of dps I should be looking for on a budget when I'm crafting/shopping.

Edit: oh also, other than the obvious implicits, are there any differences between axes vs maces vs swords vs claws vs daggers...? Assuming I don't have any nodes that require a specific weapon type of course. Like, if I'm just looking to craft/buy generically good 1H for a melee build, is there a specific type/base I should look for

Well, if you play a 1h melee build that stacks phys dmg nodes you will want to craft/buy a weapon with mainly a lot of physical damage, elemental damage will be way worse. So flat physical roll + % phys roll + attack speed are most important, and crit chance if you are a crit build (crit multi is a nice bonus).

The difference between weapons is about like this:

Axe => Highest DPS, and the onslaught node on the passive tree is great.
Mace => Good for stunning, these are the slowest weapons; Sceptres are decent for crit mace builds
Claws => Have Leech / Gain on hit implicits that are kinda nice. Also have nice crit nodes near shadow and decent crit chance on some claws. Are hard to craft, better buy these.
Swords => Usually Accuracy implicit and rather fast. Foils can be used as crit weapons pretty well, swords also have some crit support near ranger.
Daggers => Only used as crit weapons from what I know. Are hard to craft like claws, since they can roll caster stats too.

Crafting is usually gonna cost a lot more than buying on poe.trade, but if you really wanna do that you should check http://poeaffix.net/ and see what item level the rolls you would take and buy the best crafting base items (see the item lists somewhere or on Path of Building, where the "best" ones are in the list of rares). Or just pick the ones you like.
Duka08
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
3391 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-12-13 00:48:37
December 13 2017 00:12 GMT
#26852
On December 13 2017 08:58 HolydaKing wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 13 2017 08:25 Duka08 wrote:
Anyone have a good rule of thumb on what they look for in a weapon(s) as they transition from leveling to mapping? I know at least one of my 1H'ers is really bad, they probably both are, but I don't have a good feel for what sort of dps I should be looking for on a budget when I'm crafting/shopping.

Edit: oh also, other than the obvious implicits, are there any differences between axes vs maces vs swords vs claws vs daggers...? Assuming I don't have any nodes that require a specific weapon type of course. Like, if I'm just looking to craft/buy generically good 1H for a melee build, is there a specific type/base I should look for

Well, if you play a 1h melee build that stacks phys dmg nodes you will want to craft/buy a weapon with mainly a lot of physical damage, elemental damage will be way worse. So flat physical roll + % phys roll + attack speed are most important, and crit chance if you are a crit build (crit multi is a nice bonus).

The difference between weapons is about like this:

Axe => Highest DPS, and the onslaught node on the passive tree is great.
Mace => Good for stunning, these are the slowest weapons; Sceptres are decent for crit mace builds
Claws => Have Leech / Gain on hit implicits that are kinda nice. Also have nice crit nodes near shadow and decent crit chance on some claws. Are hard to craft, better buy these.
Swords => Usually Accuracy implicit and rather fast. Foils can be used as crit weapons pretty well, swords also have some crit support near ranger.
Daggers => Only used as crit weapons from what I know. Are hard to craft like claws, since they can roll caster stats too.

Crafting is usually gonna cost a lot more than buying on poe.trade, but if you really wanna do that you should check http://poeaffix.net/ and see what item level the rolls you would take and buy the best crafting base items (see the item lists somewhere or on Path of Building, where the "best" ones are in the list of rares). Or just pick the ones you like.

Well I'm doing Molten Strike, so... I think I want high phys dps? To get the most out of all the phys dmg nodes on the duelist/marauder regions of the tree regardless of the 60% phys to fire conversion of MS. And I have Resolute Technique so I'll probably stick to Axes/Maces (which I have been) and avoid anything related to crit/accuracy. I was intentionally not taking any type-specific nodes so I could stay flexible, in fact my lvl90 "goal" tree right now doesn't have any even though they'd be a big dps boost, but I can probably rearrange that a bit if I end up with a REALLY strong weapon(s) that I'll have indefinitely. Molten Strike works with every weapon type right? So I can't just invest in one solid 1H and use the dual-wield trick to force my offhand to be a stat stick.

Also by crafting I really just meant casually chucking essences once in a while. Poor phrasing. I don't know enough about the details of crafting and getting the most out of the benches and such to really go hard.

Thanks for the info. What sort of PDPS is "good" for starting out / budget? Like if I spend 1c I should expect to get _____, if I spend 10c I should expect to get ______, etc... I know prices shift throughout the league but just some basic rules of thumb to keep in mind would be nice. My current weapons are something like 120 PDPS and ~200 total DPS which I think is pretty trash for lvl70/mapping. I feel like I've had them a while.
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
December 13 2017 02:38 GMT
#26853
Look up what the different mod tiers are, and gauge pricing based around that. pDPS is going to be a little misleading if you don't actually look at how the mods break down, especially if you aren't also taking into account open prefixes/suffixes for Vagan crafting flat phys/AS.
Moderator
sung_moon
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States10110 Posts
December 13 2017 03:06 GMT
#26854
To my brothers playing VD, what exactly are you linking it with?

I have on my 5L, VD+ Cascade+Ele Focus+Fire Pen+ Power Charge Crit (playing Assassin). I've heard Concentrated Effect seems fine. Not sure how far into mapping I'll get with this lol.
Forever Young
-Archangel-
Profile Joined May 2010
Croatia7457 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-12-13 08:03:23
December 13 2017 08:02 GMT
#26855
On December 13 2017 08:58 HolydaKing wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 13 2017 08:25 Duka08 wrote:
Anyone have a good rule of thumb on what they look for in a weapon(s) as they transition from leveling to mapping? I know at least one of my 1H'ers is really bad, they probably both are, but I don't have a good feel for what sort of dps I should be looking for on a budget when I'm crafting/shopping.

Edit: oh also, other than the obvious implicits, are there any differences between axes vs maces vs swords vs claws vs daggers...? Assuming I don't have any nodes that require a specific weapon type of course. Like, if I'm just looking to craft/buy generically good 1H for a melee build, is there a specific type/base I should look for

Well, if you play a 1h melee build that stacks phys dmg nodes you will want to craft/buy a weapon with mainly a lot of physical damage, elemental damage will be way worse. So flat physical roll + % phys roll + attack speed are most important, and crit chance if you are a crit build (crit multi is a nice bonus).

The difference between weapons is about like this:

Axe => Highest DPS, and the onslaught node on the passive tree is great.
Mace => Good for stunning, these are the slowest weapons; Sceptres are decent for crit mace builds
Claws => Have Leech / Gain on hit implicits that are kinda nice. Also have nice crit nodes near shadow and decent crit chance on some claws. Are hard to craft, better buy these.
Swords => Usually Accuracy implicit and rather fast. Foils can be used as crit weapons pretty well, swords also have some crit support near ranger.
Daggers => Only used as crit weapons from what I know. Are hard to craft like claws, since they can roll caster stats too.

Crafting is usually gonna cost a lot more than buying on poe.trade, but if you really wanna do that you should check http://poeaffix.net/ and see what item level the rolls you would take and buy the best crafting base items (see the item lists somewhere or on Path of Building, where the "best" ones are in the list of rares). Or just pick the ones you like.

I stopped using poeaffix for checking mods. It is far easier and faster to open PoB and click create new item and pick base item and check all suffixes, prefixes, mastercrafts and stuff there.
I also started to use this method to check how much dps or life/resistances items being sold will give me before I buy them (I would load my current state of the character into PoB first).
Quateras
Profile Joined August 2012
Germany867 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-12-13 12:21:18
December 13 2017 12:20 GMT
#26856
On December 13 2017 08:25 Duka08 wrote:
Anyone have a good rule of thumb on what they look for in a weapon(s) as they transition from leveling to mapping? I know at least one of my 1H'ers is really bad, they probably both are, but I don't have a good feel for what sort of dps I should be looking for on a budget when I'm crafting/shopping.


Honestly i would do this much simpler.
How much currency you have and how much you are willing to spend right now?
Like on poe.trade use 1 handed weapons(be more specific here if you took claw/mace/sword nodes etc.), scroll down to "buyout" max 2 or 3 chaos max (you should easily have that much)
Then let it search, after the search is done , click on the pdps of any weapon.
This will then change the search and will put the highest pdps weapon for your price listed at , at the top.
Bam you found your new weapon :D (usually works pretty easy, be careful that it isnt a unique as they have some downsides sometimes, read first in that case)
"If you don't know where you are going, you can never get lost."
PoulsenB
Profile Joined June 2011
Poland7762 Posts
December 13 2017 12:51 GMT
#26857
So apparently the map stash tab broke the game, and the hotfix GGG released breaks it too until you create a new instance of your hideout xd
IdrA fan forever <3 || the clueless one || Marci must be protected at all costs
-Archangel-
Profile Joined May 2010
Croatia7457 Posts
December 13 2017 13:26 GMT
#26858
On December 13 2017 21:51 PoulsenB wrote:
So apparently the map stash tab broke the game, and the hotfix GGG released breaks it too until you create a new instance of your hideout xd

Now that is a first P2L item
r.Evo
Profile Joined August 2006
Germany14081 Posts
December 13 2017 14:05 GMT
#26859
Guess all my RNG this league goes into rings:

https://i.imgur.com/HF30M1H.png
https://i.imgur.com/Yy5amr2.png

<3
"We don't make mistakes here, we call it happy little accidents." ~Bob Ross
-Archangel-
Profile Joined May 2010
Croatia7457 Posts
December 13 2017 14:24 GMT
#26860
Nice
Prev 1 1341 1342 1343 1344 1345 1759 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #3
ZZZero.O138
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 14300
Shuttle 375
White-Ra 240
ZZZero.O 138
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm103
League of Legends
Doublelift3625
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4878
Other Games
summit1g9300
FrodaN2332
Liquid`RaSZi2057
C9.Mang0302
crisheroes289
ToD277
Livibee195
Pyrionflax162
Mew2King48
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1087
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 50
• musti20045 42
• Adnapsc2 26
• HeavenSC 15
• Sammyuel 9
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1502
• Shiphtur670
• WagamamaTV301
Upcoming Events
OSC
1h 6m
Replay Cast
1h 6m
OSC
14h 6m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 13h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
[ Show More ]
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.