• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:15
CEST 10:15
KST 17:15
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War605.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
TL Sidebar missing streams [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7437 users

Path of Exile - Page 1208

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 1206 1207 1208 1209 1210 1759 Next
Guild invites: Message any of EvoSenseOfPride, ScionViableORly, neophyteWham, TheTouchOfGOLD in game
OR
post your character name in the thread and ask for an invite
Private league ladder (finished): https://www.pathofexile.com/private-leagues/league/TeamLiquid and friends
bo1b
Profile Blog Joined August 2012
Australia12814 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-03-22 04:52:40
March 22 2017 04:49 GMT
#24141
I'm about to drop a build that will change the way you look at the world:

http://poeurl.com/bcLD

Ice shot pathfinder with 2 of the jewels in obvious spots, the right hand side jewel slot with the proj damage put a lioneyes fall in there, and the other 3 stack up as much crit multi/proj damage/phys damage as you can.

Uses a doomfletch and drillneck. Ultra cheap, quick extremely efficient and only really worrys about ele reflect/bloodmagic and cannot leech mods.

For reference it takes a truly god tier quiver to beat a drill neck, if at all. Ultimately you want a skyforths, and a talisman with tons of crit chance on it but until then a chayula works just fine (or boots iwth the lab enchant).
TheEmulator
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
28103 Posts
March 22 2017 07:00 GMT
#24142
Should I just be playing standard league if I'm completely new to PoE?
Administrator
bo1b
Profile Blog Joined August 2012
Australia12814 Posts
March 22 2017 07:36 GMT
#24143
I'd recommend playing the leagues way more, unless you want to hoard wealth instead or cant be bothered re levelling each league. This league in particular is an excellent way to learn the game imo, everythings going to be cheap as chips so you'll be able to pick it up much easier then usual.

Actually it's doubly good now I think about it, all the leagues are at your fingertips to learn what each mechanic of the past does.
r.Evo
Profile Joined August 2006
Germany14081 Posts
March 22 2017 08:04 GMT
#24144
On March 22 2017 16:00 TheEmulator wrote:
Should I just be playing standard league if I'm completely new to PoE?

Hi there! Stick to Legacy Softcore in my opinion, if only for the reason that it will be way more active in general.

There are basically two schools of thought for new players:

1) Go in blind, make mistakes, be prepared to make multiple builds until you get the basic ideas.

2) Pick a build guide for something affordable where the endgame looks fun to you and stick to it through thick and skin until you experienced mapping.

Based on feedback from people that started playing the game I'm very firmly in the second camp since it gives you a way to experience the game without too much frustration, especially since the 'real' game for most people starts in maps while progression up to then is more of a bother that's done with in less than ten hours.

Also throw us a character name so we can invite you to guild, questions are welcome there. As for builds, if you're interested and give us an idea of what intrigues you or what types of characters you usually enjoy playing I'm sure we'll be able to find you something nice to start out with.
"We don't make mistakes here, we call it happy little accidents." ~Bob Ross
Velr
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Switzerland10966 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-03-22 14:08:23
March 22 2017 14:04 GMT
#24145
Main thing in poe for total beginners is, if you want to freestyle which is totally possible, that you need to skill loads of health/shield when compared to other arpg's that have skilltrees/stats and also want +life on nearly all gear.
TheEmulator
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
28103 Posts
March 22 2017 21:56 GMT
#24146
Thanks for the responses. After doing some research I realized that your legacy league characters get moved to standard anyway, so I'll probably play legacy

@r.Evo I'm usually into squishy builds with lots of mobility/dmg. Thinking of going with Ranger or Shadow to start with, but I haven't actually decided yet. From what I can tell the starting class doesn't really matter too much though.
Administrator
ticklishmusic
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
United States15977 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-03-23 05:03:28
March 23 2017 00:35 GMT
#24147
On March 22 2017 13:49 bo1b wrote:
I'm about to drop a build that will change the way you look at the world:

http://poeurl.com/bcLD

Ice shot pathfinder with 2 of the jewels in obvious spots, the right hand side jewel slot with the proj damage put a lioneyes fall in there, and the other 3 stack up as much crit multi/proj damage/phys damage as you can.

Uses a doomfletch and drillneck. Ultra cheap, quick extremely efficient and only really worrys about ele reflect/bloodmagic and cannot leech mods.

For reference it takes a truly god tier quiver to beat a drill neck, if at all. Ultimately you want a skyforths, and a talisman with tons of crit chance on it but until then a chayula works just fine (or boots iwth the lab enchant).


this seems kinda like a ranged version of the trypanon build lol

also why not doomprism?
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
bo1b
Profile Blog Joined August 2012
Australia12814 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-03-23 02:03:16
March 23 2017 01:59 GMT
#24148
www.poeurl.com/bcYH

Updated the version of it, now cheaper and stronger still.

Requires Doomfletch, and a hrimsorrow/burn. Bandits are kill/kraityn/allira.

Skyforths is super nice, and probably the last piece of gear you should aim for. Until you get it, run herald of ice with curse on hit assassins mark. Blue dream is another option but I never bothered with that as it's quite expensive. When you get a skyforths replace assasins mark with either warlords, poachers, or ele weakness. I favour warlords and putting a green dream at the top jewel slot next to power charge.
-Archangel-
Profile Joined May 2010
Croatia7457 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-03-24 12:07:02
March 24 2017 10:21 GMT
#24149
On March 23 2017 10:59 bo1b wrote:
www.poeurl.com/bcYH

Updated the version of it, now cheaper and stronger still.

Requires Doomfletch, and a hrimsorrow/burn. Bandits are kill/kraityn/allira.

Skyforths is super nice, and probably the last piece of gear you should aim for. Until you get it, run herald of ice with curse on hit assassins mark. Blue dream is another option but I never bothered with that as it's quite expensive. When you get a skyforths replace assasins mark with either warlords, poachers, or ele weakness. I favour warlords and putting a green dream at the top jewel slot next to power charge.

I am confused. Why did you take dagger and claw passive nodes?!
Also how do you get enough crit chance for this to be worth it? you use diamond flask a lot?

EDIT: OK, I just looked up Lioneye's Fall jewel. OK, but would it not be cooler to get Soul Raker with it?
EDIT2: By that tree, it would seem this character would not have a lot of ES.
r.Evo
Profile Joined August 2006
Germany14081 Posts
March 24 2017 22:25 GMT
#24150
So after an easy 15+ Scorn Essences I wasted a few chaos on a shield since I wanted to move to SC soonish anyway and channeled my inner Gunde:

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


2x T1, can scour suffix. :3
"We don't make mistakes here, we call it happy little accidents." ~Bob Ross
bo1b
Profile Blog Joined August 2012
Australia12814 Posts
March 24 2017 23:04 GMT
#24151
On March 24 2017 19:21 -Archangel- wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 23 2017 10:59 bo1b wrote:
www.poeurl.com/bcYH

Updated the version of it, now cheaper and stronger still.

Requires Doomfletch, and a hrimsorrow/burn. Bandits are kill/kraityn/allira.

Skyforths is super nice, and probably the last piece of gear you should aim for. Until you get it, run herald of ice with curse on hit assassins mark. Blue dream is another option but I never bothered with that as it's quite expensive. When you get a skyforths replace assasins mark with either warlords, poachers, or ele weakness. I favour warlords and putting a green dream at the top jewel slot next to power charge.

I am confused. Why did you take dagger and claw passive nodes?!
Also how do you get enough crit chance for this to be worth it? you use diamond flask a lot?

EDIT: OK, I just looked up Lioneye's Fall jewel. OK, but would it not be cooler to get Soul Raker with it?
EDIT2: By that tree, it would seem this character would not have a lot of ES.

I do get soulraker, and this tree is definitely a softcore build. I'll be at around ~8k es with all said and done, which is fine against everything not a volatile tbph.

As a pathfinder I permanently have diamond flask up
TheEmulator
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
28103 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-03-25 00:37:12
March 24 2017 23:55 GMT
#24152
@r.Evo or anyone who can help. Started my character finally, could I get an invite to the guild. In game name is "TheEmulator" (my PoE account is TheEmulatorTL).

I went with a Ranger. I've been looking at some Pathfinder and/or Raider builds but I'm not sure which ones to go with yet. Any suggestions would be appreciated

edit: looking at builds from here https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1810170
Administrator
bo1b
Profile Blog Joined August 2012
Australia12814 Posts
March 25 2017 00:00 GMT
#24153
Raider is very good to start with, pathfinder requires a bit more knowledge. Really depends how fast you pick up the game but for now I'd recommend sticking with raider.
r.Evo
Profile Joined August 2006
Germany14081 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-03-25 01:07:34
March 25 2017 01:02 GMT
#24154
Tornado Shot Raider: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1041989

It's a bit of a long thread and he talks way too much but you should get the gist of it. It's a bow build, can be played life based but definitely fits the fast paced / mobile / reasonably cheap to start out with categories.

Elemental Spectral Throw is also something reasonable to look at (if it says HoWA stay away from it, bit expensive variant): https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1791398

Note that that guide recommends levelling as Lightning Arrow but levelling as a regular ST build could be alright.

Overall I think with builds on the right side of the tree you're mostly looking at various weapon builds (Spectral Throw, Blade Flurry, various bow builds) which will most likely be a bit rougher to start out with than your typical caster builds since you need to change weapons while levelling.

An advantage bows offer is that they have a very clear progression you can use to level with by using cheap unique items (Storm Cloud -> Death's Harp -> Lioneye's Glare), 1h ST builds would be a bit more complicated there most likely.

The more I think about this the more my recommendation is a bow ranger. To level towards Neversink's build I'd use a tree like this with getting the Duelist stuff first and Shadow area second. Speaking of trees this little tool is your best buddy.

If bows sound terrible from gameplay videos then I'd look into the whole ST thing. Guild invite is out btw, should show up ingame in the social menu.
"We don't make mistakes here, we call it happy little accidents." ~Bob Ross
TheEmulator
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
28103 Posts
March 25 2017 02:28 GMT
#24155
Thanks a lot for the help. I was already looking into that Neversink Tornado Shot build so it's nice to see some confirmation that it's good

Administrator
Quateras
Profile Joined August 2012
Germany867 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-03-25 12:32:31
March 25 2017 12:23 GMT
#24156
Neversinks is good until a certain point, then it drops off heavily as you are very very squishy and your damage will start to lack unless you heavily invest.

@ Evo, wouldnt the normal howa - thought and motion dudes version work fine until low/mid tier maps and then later get howas for 20-30C? (if he goes Spectral throw)
"If you don't know where you are going, you can never get lost."
r.Evo
Profile Joined August 2006
Germany14081 Posts
March 25 2017 13:37 GMT
#24157
Hmmmm.... I think that's a good idea, the small claws are 5c in SC atm. The bad part would be that he's then playing a build that will sit in PoE history right next to CoC Discharge of the old days and will feel weird about any other build in the future. =P

Apart from that:
In the hands of the cohesion of the power of the flame, for the physical damage to increase the additional fire damage. <3
"We don't make mistakes here, we call it happy little accidents." ~Bob Ross
nukem1
Profile Joined October 2010
345 Posts
March 25 2017 14:48 GMT
#24158
On March 25 2017 22:37 r.Evo wrote:
In the hands of the cohesion of the power of the flame, for the physical damage to increase the additional fire damage. <3


RIP Czech Republic
https://tudorpc.wordpress.com/
Alur
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Denmark3900 Posts
March 25 2017 16:54 GMT
#24159
I wouldn't recommend going howa if you don't yet have the money for the upgraded claws. Doing merc dried lake until I met the requirements for the upgraded claws was painful, and that was with a 6link (tabula) and a moderate amount of int/wed. So I could only imagine maps being even more annoying. I think an ele foil worth two unupgraded claws would work better as a transitional setup.
AKA No can Dazzle | https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlTpX7z3Pok
TL+ Member
Velr
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Switzerland10966 Posts
March 25 2017 17:38 GMT
#24160
How much ES do you recommend for CI, whiteout Vaal pact/leech.
I got chayulas and could get a 5l Xirgils (atm using Wand and 350 Es shield). No unique flask :/.

I do some low maps but getting chaosresist up just to scrap it later anyway for CI seems stupid and the 1800 life feel horroble against everything Chaos (even a pack of snakes in driedlake can take 50% of my life when they hit). I just see myself dieing in a stupid way if i continue like this..

Atm sitting at ~1850 life and close to 7000 shield (probably more with the nodes behind CI).
Prev 1 1206 1207 1208 1209 1210 1759 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 45m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 4541
Leta 2288
BeSt 502
Soulkey 395
Soma 183
Rush 65
ZergMaN 30
Shine 30
Dota 2
XcaliburYe118
League of Legends
JimRising 560
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King77
Other Games
summit1g7946
WinterStarcraft724
Sick252
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV203
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 4
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Sammyuel 33
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2306
League of Legends
• Jankos1011
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1h 45m
Patches Events
6h 45m
BSL Open Qualifier
10h 45m
BSL Open Qualifier
10h 45m
OSC
14h 45m
OSC
1d 3h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.