• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:39
CEST 07:39
KST 14:39
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202614Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9995 users

Path of Exile - Page 1165

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 1163 1164 1165 1166 1167 1759 Next
Guild invites: Message any of EvoSenseOfPride, ScionViableORly, neophyteWham, TheTouchOfGOLD in game
OR
post your character name in the thread and ask for an invite
Private league ladder (finished): https://www.pathofexile.com/private-leagues/league/TeamLiquid and friends
HolydaKing
Profile Joined February 2010
21254 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-01-08 10:53:34
January 08 2017 10:46 GMT
#23281
Yeah, If you wanna do it reasonably cheap EQ Jugg/Slayer or Warchief Totems Chieftain/Jugg are probably the best choice.

I've seen multiple people from Reddit mention the EQ build from norseman as a good lab farmer. The build would be here. He says it works good on budget as well.
bo1b
Profile Blog Joined August 2012
Australia12814 Posts
January 08 2017 11:47 GMT
#23282
I did an 8 minute 5 key run on my discharger just before (holy shit fully charged izaro hits hard), what sort of times could I expect from a 5ex dedicated lab farmer?
r.Evo
Profile Joined August 2006
Germany14081 Posts
January 08 2017 12:44 GMT
#23283
It's going to depend on how many rooms, phases and that kind of stuff obviously but the ladder is usually a good place to check, you'll get a feel for who does full runs and who rushes rather quickly. Most labfarmers don't waste time/effort on a fast run with low keys unless they feel like it for some reason.

At "top tier" speed is decided by how fast and efficient you move more than anything from my experience. That's how e.g. Gucci/Kluffu keep pulling these sub-6 minute runs when the next Slayers are 1-2 minutes behind easily, that's how Juggs are sometimes ahead of Slayers with similar gear, these kind of things. On a good layout with a top tier lab build (Chieftain/Slayer, potentially Jugg, Pathfinder/Occultist CI type stuff) below 4 min is the best you can probably pull off. 5-6 is totally reasonable.

As for classes/builds there's not THAT much variance. Jugg is solid and not that hard to fuck up with but he'll never be the fastest. EQ Slayer/Chieftain can push top times while being reasonably safe. CI Pathfinder/Assassin BV can most likely beat them all still at high gear levels but there's more spots where you can completely fuck up. From personal experience, don't try Ele builds unless you know what you're doing.

If you're new to this I'd say steal 1:1 from Gucci (Jugg), Kluffu (Slayer) or svino (character goat_specialist, CI BV).

Basic Axe is Hezmana's, work from there. There's really not much variance for 2h EQ Labfarmers. =P
"We don't make mistakes here, we call it happy little accidents." ~Bob Ross
HolydaKing
Profile Joined February 2010
21254 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-01-08 13:29:39
January 08 2017 13:25 GMT
#23284
8 min 5 key run is already fairly quick. If you can pull that without dying, I wouldn't make a new lab farmer. Personally tried just now with my new Vortex CI regen Inquisitor and wasn't nearly as quick (especially Argus took me a while), but it felt pretty safe at least. Sadly my DPS is not yet high enough to kill Izaro in the 2nd phase before the Lieutenants come in range and I accidently killed one. I tried it another time and still failed and only got 4 keys. Oh well, char is just lvl 81 atm and still can get some more dps nodes and the gems are still lvl 18 yet.
bo1b
Profile Blog Joined August 2012
Australia12814 Posts
January 08 2017 13:30 GMT
#23285
Yeh I don't feel particularly safe while doing it. Thankfully I switched to sc for the rest of the league, and can enjoy the benefits of fucking up.
EchelonTee
Profile Joined February 2011
United States5262 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-01-08 15:19:55
January 08 2017 15:08 GMT
#23286
some random FYI's for lab

There are some Izaro fight types where you don't need to wait for all 3 buffs to come up. You will get the key DPSing Izaro ASAP as long as you don't fail the required state. Examples:

Conduits (ele state buff): just DPS izaro. don't need to wait for all three conduits to come up
Essences (golems): just DPS, don't need to wait for all three golems to come up. don't let him absorb a golem

etc. the ones where you have to wait are Charge Disruptors (he needs all ~15? charges), and Idols (all bearers need to explode)

The ice lieutenant can turn on a phys reflect aura, its the same one as the racecourse centaur boss. its not perma reflect, has a visual effect when its on

Sepulchre Halls (looks like Catacombs) is almost always the fastest tileset. After that I like the tileset that looks like Lower/Upper Prison, then the one that looks like Chamber of Sins. The worst is generic outdoor Labyrinth tileset. Layouts are very repetitive in lab, once you can recognize a zone, you can pick which path you prefer the most and do it super fast without looking up the layout every time

in my experience (tested with CI char, no mitigation), unbuffed izaro's top end damage is around 6k. buffed izaro can hit up to at least 8k, maybe 9-10k if double buffed? if anyone else has data / experience with this would be appreciated

8 mins 4+key lab time is perfectly fine, if you are playing safe. whether ur HC or SC, dying is a fairly large setback. I'm happy if I can finish 6 lab runs in an hour, including travel time / selling time, b/c no one is a robot who can run super fast speeds all the time without dying (unless ur gucci i guess). If you can do this for a week you will be rich as fuck, the most annoying thing is pricing all the loot. However it's not AS profitable as it was in the past, more and more people are catching on to the insane loot. I suspect (in HC at least), Atziri farming this league was more profitable for week 1/2
aka "neophyte". learn lots. dont judge. laugh for no reason. be nice. seek happiness. -D[9]
WakaDoDo
Profile Joined July 2009
Sweden1183 Posts
January 08 2017 16:17 GMT
#23287
Actually ripped my lvl90 golemancer in merciless lab today somehow *facepalm*
EchelonTee
Profile Joined February 2011
United States5262 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-01-08 16:32:34
January 08 2017 16:27 GMT
#23288
that sux. traps or izaro? I always pay for rush if I'm even a little worried about izaro, 3-5c for assurance I won't get slammed to SC

saw this post on reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/5mr0vr/want_to_become_rich_live_search_rich_people_by/

I actually found one of the comments more interesting, how a guy's group had a google spreadsheet of live url links ready to snipe good stuff. might be a good way to snipe buy rly good rares / off grid uniques in week 1. I'm reminded of Evo buying a voice of the storm for 1 alch lol
aka "neophyte". learn lots. dont judge. laugh for no reason. be nice. seek happiness. -D[9]
Frolossus
Profile Joined February 2010
United States4779 Posts
January 08 2017 16:49 GMT
#23289
does shield regen from zealots oath apply independently from the regular recharge delay when you get hit?
EchelonTee
Profile Joined February 2011
United States5262 Posts
January 08 2017 17:08 GMT
#23290
yeah. you can get constant ES regen from ZO regardless of damage taken
aka "neophyte". learn lots. dont judge. laugh for no reason. be nice. seek happiness. -D[9]
incinerate_
Profile Joined October 2010
172 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-01-08 20:58:22
January 08 2017 20:58 GMT
#23291
I'm so salty right now. Yesterday I bought a Kaom's Heart on my Warchieftotem Marauder. Today I died to the Exile Prophecy in a Volcano with bad mods (he had soul eater and killed my totems before they even came online). Still kinda my fault to die there. The build was really coming online. Decided to go Ngamahu's + Xoph's blood for full fire conversion. Was pretty decent although nowhere near S-tier.

Fast forward ~3h I am leveling in act 3 cruel solaris and die to a d/c. Riped with a truckload of quality gems and my best leveling gear. That's my third RIP this league where I logout alive (I immediately disconnected as soon as my screen froze at full life) to log back in to Standard.
HolydaKing
Profile Joined February 2010
21254 Posts
January 08 2017 21:29 GMT
#23292
Dying in HC just after buying good items is pretty common from my experience. :o
HolydaKing
Profile Joined February 2010
21254 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-01-08 22:11:45
January 08 2017 22:11 GMT
#23293
Uhm, I got a pretty nooby question. If I play a Cold to Fire (with Pyre) build, would 25% elemental damage be equally good as 25% fire damage and 25% cold damage or would the later be better?
Alur
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Denmark3900 Posts
January 08 2017 22:29 GMT
#23294
On January 09 2017 07:11 HolydaKing wrote:
Uhm, I got a pretty nooby question. If I play a Cold to Fire (with Pyre) build, would 25% elemental damage be equally good as 25% fire damage and 25% cold damage or would the later be better?

Latter is better, ele damage only applies once.
AKA No can Dazzle | https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlTpX7z3Pok
TL+ Member
HolydaKing
Profile Joined February 2010
21254 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-01-08 22:37:58
January 08 2017 22:34 GMT
#23295
On January 09 2017 07:29 Alur wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 09 2017 07:11 HolydaKing wrote:
Uhm, I got a pretty nooby question. If I play a Cold to Fire (with Pyre) build, would 25% elemental damage be equally good as 25% fire damage and 25% cold damage or would the later be better?

Latter is better, ele damage only applies once.

Then it kinda makes sense that the build I'm following prefers 3 point jewels. For example one of those gives 8% elemental dmg plus tops 25% cold and fire dmg from Izaro's Turmoil. Otherwise could pick up 38% elemental dmg from tree (plus 10 int/dex). Though I think I won't take the 8% mana + Izaro's Turmoil and instead pick the ele dmg nodes. Most damage comes from the ignites so cold damage won't be thaat good I think.
vndestiny
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
Singapore3473 Posts
January 08 2017 23:10 GMT
#23296
On January 09 2017 07:34 HolydaKing wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 09 2017 07:29 Alur wrote:
On January 09 2017 07:11 HolydaKing wrote:
Uhm, I got a pretty nooby question. If I play a Cold to Fire (with Pyre) build, would 25% elemental damage be equally good as 25% fire damage and 25% cold damage or would the later be better?

Latter is better, ele damage only applies once.

Then it kinda makes sense that the build I'm following prefers 3 point jewels. For example one of those gives 8% elemental dmg plus tops 25% cold and fire dmg from Izaro's Turmoil. Otherwise could pick up 38% elemental dmg from tree (plus 10 int/dex). Though I think I won't take the 8% mana + Izaro's Turmoil and instead pick the ele dmg nodes. Most damage comes from the ignites so cold damage won't be thaat good I think.


In first case your initial hit got 58% dmg increased with the ignite got 33% dmg increased. The second case both get 38% dmg increased. I think first case is better.
bo1b
Profile Blog Joined August 2012
Australia12814 Posts
January 08 2017 23:19 GMT
#23297
Going to make an essence drain lab farmer, time to jump on the bandwagon of low life +1 gems.
Z-BosoN
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Brazil2590 Posts
January 08 2017 23:47 GMT
#23298
Hey, I'm slightly new to PoE (joined in essence), and am playing BSC at the moment.
Was looking for a guild because soloing is kind of boring now. Is the guild in OP still active? How many people generally play?
vndestiny
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
Singapore3473 Posts
January 09 2017 00:37 GMT
#23299
On January 09 2017 08:47 Z-BosoN wrote:
Hey, I'm slightly new to PoE (joined in essence), and am playing BSC at the moment.
Was looking for a guild because soloing is kind of boring now. Is the guild in OP still active? How many people generally play?


Around 10-12 ppl online in BSC during peak hour I think.
Lachrymose
Profile Joined February 2008
Australia1928 Posts
January 09 2017 01:45 GMT
#23300
On January 09 2017 07:34 HolydaKing wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 09 2017 07:29 Alur wrote:
On January 09 2017 07:11 HolydaKing wrote:
Uhm, I got a pretty nooby question. If I play a Cold to Fire (with Pyre) build, would 25% elemental damage be equally good as 25% fire damage and 25% cold damage or would the later be better?

Latter is better, ele damage only applies once.

Then it kinda makes sense that the build I'm following prefers 3 point jewels. For example one of those gives 8% elemental dmg plus tops 25% cold and fire dmg from Izaro's Turmoil. Otherwise could pick up 38% elemental dmg from tree (plus 10 int/dex). Though I think I won't take the 8% mana + Izaro's Turmoil and instead pick the ele dmg nodes. Most damage comes from the ignites so cold damage won't be thaat good I think.


What are you doing that most damage comes from ignites?
~
Prev 1 1163 1164 1165 1166 1167 1759 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
Liquipedia
OSC
07:15
Masters Cup #151 Group C
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 187
Nina 121
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 3843
Sharp 415
Mong 90
Dewaltoss 87
Icarus 9
Noble 9
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm191
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King206
Other Games
summit1g7069
WinterStarcraft572
C9.Mang0276
Sick141
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 32
• StrangeGG 25
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki24
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2256
League of Legends
• Lourlo1091
• Stunt384
Other Games
• Shiphtur481
Upcoming Events
OSC
17h 21m
Big Brain Bouts
1d 4h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 11h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 13h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.