• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:10
CEST 23:10
KST 06:10
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War335.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
We built a tool to spot smurfs at match start 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR?
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Making an Online Broodwar Manager Game BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8027 users

Path of Exile - Page 1164

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 1162 1163 1164 1165 1166 1759 Next
Guild invites: Message any of EvoSenseOfPride, ScionViableORly, neophyteWham, TheTouchOfGOLD in game
OR
post your character name in the thread and ask for an invite
Private league ladder (finished): https://www.pathofexile.com/private-leagues/league/TeamLiquid and friends
Swampflare
Profile Joined March 2012
United States1201 Posts
January 06 2017 21:52 GMT
#23261
So I'd probably be more frustrated if I rolled a character with an actually melee range, yeah. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Liquipedia<FO-nTTaX> so i ordered a pizza to my house in the pizza service next to me and let them deliver [me] with the pizza
-Archangel-
Profile Joined May 2010
Croatia7457 Posts
January 06 2017 22:00 GMT
#23262
On January 07 2017 05:04 Sn0_Man wrote:
can you explain what shapers gloves are supposed to do for you?
because they do basically nothing right just like a regular accuracy roll you could get on any gloves

They give a global bonus to ES, global bonus to melee damage, more accuracy (max acc is 400 on rare item, I can have close with ES build), some life and mana and they are cheap.
They might not be best in slot but for their price they are very good. Also make any stats I get from other items worth more.
PunitiveDamages
Profile Joined June 2009
United States131 Posts
January 06 2017 22:07 GMT
#23263
On January 07 2017 04:49 -Archangel- wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 07 2017 02:20 Sn0_Man wrote:
private characters xd

Ok, I removed "Hide Characters Tab".


You are skipping out on jewel socket near MoM.
You may want to forgo Breath of Flames path unless you really need the ignite chance. Its just a pretty mediocre set of nodes.
Same type of story for Celestial Judgement and Punishment, you avg out to like 9% inc per node + sometimes 25% and 2% pen (which isn't great).
Foresight is pretty strong, you should consider pathing over there and taking some ES nodes.
Personally I liked having Essence Surge as well, but if you take a soul strike that might be fine to skip?
If you can afford to run another curse in your setups, you path next to Whispers of Doom.

I'm just not too sure about the ignite and prolif plan with ~33% ignite that I can see on gear+tree (after losing cloak). You sack a lot of points for the ignite chance that you could spend on defenses or direct dps. Since you have conc effect in your links on RoA (afaik) that means the Xoph's prolif is going to be 8, which is tiny. You can just get the ignites off conflux if thats what you want anyway.

If you are keeping your amulet, whats the plan for stun? Ring or boots?
Why keep the ammy when you have 100% phys convert from bow+signal fire?
Bonus for dropping it is that you can take EE and proc it off your OoS for the totems.
BW forever
HolydaKing
Profile Joined February 2010
21254 Posts
January 06 2017 22:08 GMT
#23264
Trying to gear my new CI build, any comments on if movement speed on boots is important if you mostly move with Shield Charge? I think so in my case, because I don't have massive attack speed and the speed of the charge is increased by it. The build I'm mostly following doesn't have MS on boots though.
Sn0_Man
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
Tebellong44238 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-01-06 22:12:07
January 06 2017 22:10 GMT
#23265
On January 07 2017 07:07 PunitiveDamages wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 07 2017 04:49 -Archangel- wrote:
On January 07 2017 02:20 Sn0_Man wrote:
private characters xd

Ok, I removed "Hide Characters Tab".


You are skipping out on jewel socket near MoM.
You may want to forgo Breath of Flames path unless you really need the ignite chance. Its just a pretty mediocre set of nodes.
Same type of story for Celestial Judgement and Punishment, you avg out to like 9% inc per node + sometimes 25% and 2% pen (which isn't great).
Foresight is pretty strong, you should consider pathing over there and taking some ES nodes.
Personally I liked having Essence Surge as well, but if you take a soul strike that might be fine to skip?
If you can afford to run another curse in your setups, you path next to Whispers of Doom.

I'm just not too sure about the ignite and prolif plan with ~33% ignite that I can see on gear+tree (after losing cloak). You sack a lot of points for the ignite chance that you could spend on defenses or direct dps. Since you have conc effect in your links on RoA (afaik) that means the Xoph's prolif is going to be 8, which is tiny. You can just get the ignites off conflux if thats what you want anyway.

If you are keeping your amulet, whats the plan for stun? Ring or boots?
Why keep the ammy when you have 100% phys convert from bow+signal fire?
Bonus for dropping it is that you can take EE and proc it off your OoS for the totems.

for some awful reason he wants to use half warchief totems and half bow totems lol so when he's warchief totems he needs the amulet

On January 07 2017 07:08 HolydaKing wrote:
Trying to gear my new CI build, any comments on if movement speed on boots is important if you mostly move with Shield Charge? I think so in my case, because I don't have massive attack speed and the speed of the charge is increased by it. The build I'm mostly following doesn't have MS on boots though.

If you move by shield charge, MS is quite helpful. Depends on how ES starved you are though, because MS competes with ES for prefix slots on boots so high-es boots with MS are pretty expensive. It's much more important than in say a whirling blades build though.
LiquidDota StaffSCIENTISTS BAFFLED | 3275929302
PunitiveDamages
Profile Joined June 2009
United States131 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-01-06 22:15:45
January 06 2017 22:15 GMT
#23266
On January 07 2017 07:10 Sn0_Man wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 07 2017 07:07 PunitiveDamages wrote:
On January 07 2017 04:49 -Archangel- wrote:
On January 07 2017 02:20 Sn0_Man wrote:
private characters xd

Ok, I removed "Hide Characters Tab".


You are skipping out on jewel socket near MoM.
You may want to forgo Breath of Flames path unless you really need the ignite chance. Its just a pretty mediocre set of nodes.
Same type of story for Celestial Judgement and Punishment, you avg out to like 9% inc per node + sometimes 25% and 2% pen (which isn't great).
Foresight is pretty strong, you should consider pathing over there and taking some ES nodes.
Personally I liked having Essence Surge as well, but if you take a soul strike that might be fine to skip?
If you can afford to run another curse in your setups, you path next to Whispers of Doom.

I'm just not too sure about the ignite and prolif plan with ~33% ignite that I can see on gear+tree (after losing cloak). You sack a lot of points for the ignite chance that you could spend on defenses or direct dps. Since you have conc effect in your links on RoA (afaik) that means the Xoph's prolif is going to be 8, which is tiny. You can just get the ignites off conflux if thats what you want anyway.

If you are keeping your amulet, whats the plan for stun? Ring or boots?
Why keep the ammy when you have 100% phys convert from bow+signal fire?
Bonus for dropping it is that you can take EE and proc it off your OoS for the totems.

for some awful reason he wants to use half warchief totems and half bow totems lol so when he's warchief totems he needs the amulet

Ah ok more of that tree makes sense now.

At that point I'd just drop the ammy, take AoF (since he is pathing next to it) and drop signal fire for soul strike.
Only weird part is that then you are losing defenses when you swap to the warchief totems.
BW forever
HolydaKing
Profile Joined February 2010
21254 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-01-06 22:28:09
January 06 2017 22:19 GMT
#23267
On January 07 2017 07:10 Sn0_Man wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 07 2017 07:08 HolydaKing wrote:
Trying to gear my new CI build, any comments on if movement speed on boots is important if you mostly move with Shield Charge? I think so in my case, because I don't have massive attack speed and the speed of the charge is increased by it. The build I'm mostly following doesn't have MS on boots though.

If you move by shield charge, MS is quite helpful. Depends on how ES starved you are though, because MS competes with ES for prefix slots on boots so high-es boots with MS are pretty expensive. It's much more important than in say a whirling blades build though.

Well, there is Steppan Eard which has quite decent ES. Idk if I can max resistances with it though.
-Archangel-
Profile Joined May 2010
Croatia7457 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-01-06 23:49:52
January 06 2017 23:45 GMT
#23268
On January 07 2017 07:07 PunitiveDamages wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 07 2017 04:49 -Archangel- wrote:
On January 07 2017 02:20 Sn0_Man wrote:
private characters xd

Ok, I removed "Hide Characters Tab".


You are skipping out on jewel socket near MoM.
You may want to forgo Breath of Flames path unless you really need the ignite chance. Its just a pretty mediocre set of nodes.
Same type of story for Celestial Judgement and Punishment, you avg out to like 9% inc per node + sometimes 25% and 2% pen (which isn't great).
Foresight is pretty strong, you should consider pathing over there and taking some ES nodes.
Personally I liked having Essence Surge as well, but if you take a soul strike that might be fine to skip?
If you can afford to run another curse in your setups, you path next to Whispers of Doom.

I'm just not too sure about the ignite and prolif plan with ~33% ignite that I can see on gear+tree (after losing cloak). You sack a lot of points for the ignite chance that you could spend on defenses or direct dps. Since you have conc effect in your links on RoA (afaik) that means the Xoph's prolif is going to be 8, which is tiny. You can just get the ignites off conflux if thats what you want anyway.

If you are keeping your amulet, whats the plan for stun? Ring or boots?
Why keep the ammy when you have 100% phys convert from bow+signal fire?
Bonus for dropping it is that you can take EE and proc it off your OoS for the totems.

Let me first quote my original request if anyone else wants to chip in since it is now on last page
+ Show Spoiler +
On January 07 2017 02:19 -Archangel- wrote:
I need advice from CI experts as I still consider myself a CI noob (only did half OK CI characters in the past).

I am looking into converting this character: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Torin/characters (look for ArchFireSticks if it does not open by default) into a CI version to increase its survivability.
Items I will keep 100% are two weapons and amulet. Item I would really like to keep is the Shaper Gloves. Also the quiver might get replaced with Soul Strike unless that drops my dps too much.

My budget is 4ex + 150 chaos.

best lvl 91 tree I could come up with is this: www.poeurl.com/Y85 (I tried to not lose too much DPS compared to current character)
This is BSC character.

Or I could stay with current one, get better life gear, I could probably get to 5500 life if I manage to get really good gear.
What do you think?


Now to answer you.

I am not a jewel person, the good ones cost a lot so I usually take those last or sometimes skip them and only take them if I miss resists or something else a lot. In current build I already had two jewels and I was planning to use Energy Within with that life/es cluster so didn't plan a 4th jewel slot for now.

I do need ignite chance. Since Elementalist Conflux is only 4+2s in every 14s I wanted some decent ignite chance for the 8s I don't have 100% ignite chance, it is also a reason I use Flammability curse (and because it makes ignite stronger)

For Foresight I would need to drop something else. Zealot's Oath?
As for another curse, no mana for that. Anger+Discipline+Clarity(low lvl)+Enlighten (corrupted lvl3) is my plan. I can barely fit that.
I could apply second curse through my OoS setup but I would need to find at least another 3 points for 2nd curse and I what to use.. Temporal Chains? I don't need more resistance reduction.

Prolif from bow should also get my Area boosts as well, those cancel out with Con effect. Currently I don't have problems murdering big groups with RoA, this does not change.

As for amulet, except for free AoF, it also gives Ash of Fire and fire penetration as well as bonus Strength which would give me better resistance to stun and less Str needed on other equipment so I can use the Axe and strength gems.
When I fight bosses with Ngamahu Axe I don't need fire pen gem and I got 55% fire pen so I can stack more damage supports
My plan for stun was totems + 2 golems + ES 50% stun immunity :D (or the unique ring, I usually take that one)
HolydaKing
Profile Joined February 2010
21254 Posts
January 06 2017 23:52 GMT
#23269
Yawn, I guess Poe.Trade is getting DDOSed again. Super slow and often down.
PunitiveDamages
Profile Joined June 2009
United States131 Posts
January 07 2017 01:04 GMT
#23270
On January 07 2017 08:45 -Archangel- wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 07 2017 07:07 PunitiveDamages wrote:
On January 07 2017 04:49 -Archangel- wrote:
On January 07 2017 02:20 Sn0_Man wrote:
private characters xd

Ok, I removed "Hide Characters Tab".


You are skipping out on jewel socket near MoM.
You may want to forgo Breath of Flames path unless you really need the ignite chance. Its just a pretty mediocre set of nodes.
Same type of story for Celestial Judgement and Punishment, you avg out to like 9% inc per node + sometimes 25% and 2% pen (which isn't great).
Foresight is pretty strong, you should consider pathing over there and taking some ES nodes.
Personally I liked having Essence Surge as well, but if you take a soul strike that might be fine to skip?
If you can afford to run another curse in your setups, you path next to Whispers of Doom.

I'm just not too sure about the ignite and prolif plan with ~33% ignite that I can see on gear+tree (after losing cloak). You sack a lot of points for the ignite chance that you could spend on defenses or direct dps. Since you have conc effect in your links on RoA (afaik) that means the Xoph's prolif is going to be 8, which is tiny. You can just get the ignites off conflux if thats what you want anyway.

If you are keeping your amulet, whats the plan for stun? Ring or boots?
Why keep the ammy when you have 100% phys convert from bow+signal fire?
Bonus for dropping it is that you can take EE and proc it off your OoS for the totems.

Let me first quote my original request if anyone else wants to chip in since it is now on last page
+ Show Spoiler +
On January 07 2017 02:19 -Archangel- wrote:
I need advice from CI experts as I still consider myself a CI noob (only did half OK CI characters in the past).

I am looking into converting this character: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Torin/characters (look for ArchFireSticks if it does not open by default) into a CI version to increase its survivability.
Items I will keep 100% are two weapons and amulet. Item I would really like to keep is the Shaper Gloves. Also the quiver might get replaced with Soul Strike unless that drops my dps too much.

My budget is 4ex + 150 chaos.

best lvl 91 tree I could come up with is this: www.poeurl.com/Y85 (I tried to not lose too much DPS compared to current character)
This is BSC character.

Or I could stay with current one, get better life gear, I could probably get to 5500 life if I manage to get really good gear.
What do you think?


Now to answer you.

I am not a jewel person, the good ones cost a lot so I usually take those last or sometimes skip them and only take them if I miss resists or something else a lot. In current build I already had two jewels and I was planning to use Energy Within with that life/es cluster so didn't plan a 4th jewel slot for now.

Jewels are crazy strong. 2 pts on your tree and for a chaos at most you can get ~30% inc dmg. 15 per point or more is way better than many of the ele damage nodes. If you want 3 really good mods for you its like <15c!


I do need ignite chance. Since Elementalist Conflux is only 4+2s in every 14s I wanted some decent ignite chance for the 8s I don't have 100% ignite chance, it is also a reason I use Flammability curse (and because it makes ignite stronger)

If you aren't actually relying on the ignite >80% of the time, I'd strongly consider just dropping it. Its a ton of points.
With a flammability always up that makes more sense. I'm more used to NEEDING to land big ignites on a build that uses them.


For Foresight I would need to drop something else. Zealot's Oath?

Personally I'd drop the celestial justicar path.


As for another curse, no mana for that. Anger+Discipline+Clarity(low lvl)+Enlighten (corrupted lvl3) is my plan. I can barely fit that.
I could apply second curse through my OoS setup but I would need to find at least another 3 points for 2nd curse and I what to use.. Temporal Chains? I don't need more resistance reduction.

Temp chains or enfeeble are both really nice to have.
Double check HoA doesn't give you more dps than anger, I almost screwed that up on my xophs/signal fire build.


Prolif from bow should also get my Area boosts as well, those cancel out with Con effect. Currently I don't have problems murdering big groups with RoA, this does not change.

Yup I forgot about the tree aoe inc. Assuming those actually apply its still useful. (I never remember the rules for prolif aoe)


As for amulet, except for free AoF, it also gives Ash of Fire and fire penetration as well as bonus Strength which would give me better resistance to stun and less Str needed on other equipment so I can use the Axe and strength gems.
When I fight bosses with Ngamahu Axe I don't need fire pen gem and I got 55% fire pen so I can stack more damage supports
My plan for stun was totems + 2 golems + ES 50% stun immunity :D (or the unique ring, I usually take that one)


How does str help with stun when you are CI?
Makes more sense now that I saw you are running the axe for bosses.
gl!
BW forever
ThaddeusK
Profile Joined July 2008
United States233 Posts
January 07 2017 01:41 GMT
#23271
On January 07 2017 10:04 PunitiveDamages wrote:
How does str help with stun when you are CI?
Makes more sense now that I saw you are running the axe for bosses.
gl!


Stun with CI is calculated using the life you would have if you didn't have CI so the life from strength would help with stun. That said it would take an enormous amount of strength to have any noticeable effect.
-Archangel-
Profile Joined May 2010
Croatia7457 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-01-07 01:52:21
January 07 2017 01:51 GMT
#23272
On January 07 2017 10:41 ThaddeusK wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 07 2017 10:04 PunitiveDamages wrote:
How does str help with stun when you are CI?
Makes more sense now that I saw you are running the axe for bosses.
gl!


Stun with CI is calculated using the life you would have if you didn't have CI so the life from strength would help with stun. That said it would take an enormous amount of strength to have any noticeable effect.

Also:
ES gives you 50% stun immunity. For the other 50% more damage done compared to your max HP bigger chance of stun happening. I suppose every bonus life helps so that stun chance is reduced :D
And this is not a melee build, I noticed enemies often attack my totems or my stone golem. Maybe I can get away with not having stun immunity gear :D
PunitiveDamages
Profile Joined June 2009
United States131 Posts
January 07 2017 02:41 GMT
#23273
On January 07 2017 10:51 -Archangel- wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 07 2017 10:41 ThaddeusK wrote:
On January 07 2017 10:04 PunitiveDamages wrote:
How does str help with stun when you are CI?
Makes more sense now that I saw you are running the axe for bosses.
gl!


Stun with CI is calculated using the life you would have if you didn't have CI so the life from strength would help with stun. That said it would take an enormous amount of strength to have any noticeable effect.

Also:
ES gives you 50% stun immunity. For the other 50% more damage done compared to your max HP bigger chance of stun happening. I suppose every bonus life helps so that stun chance is reduced :D
And this is not a melee build, I noticed enemies often attack my totems or my stone golem. Maybe I can get away with not having stun immunity gear :D

You'll 100% be able to run maps and stuff. Most of the time with 2 stone golems might even be totally fine!

You'll just get stunlocked by the first goatman that looks at you the wrong way.

(Genuinely didn't know CI stuns were calculated as if not CI, not that its going to matter in 99% of cases.)
BW forever
Lachrymose
Profile Joined February 2008
Australia1928 Posts
January 07 2017 06:59 GMT
#23274
On January 07 2017 10:51 -Archangel- wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 07 2017 10:41 ThaddeusK wrote:
On January 07 2017 10:04 PunitiveDamages wrote:
How does str help with stun when you are CI?
Makes more sense now that I saw you are running the axe for bosses.
gl!


Stun with CI is calculated using the life you would have if you didn't have CI so the life from strength would help with stun. That said it would take an enormous amount of strength to have any noticeable effect.

Also:
ES gives you 50% stun immunity. For the other 50% more damage done compared to your max HP bigger chance of stun happening. I suppose every bonus life helps so that stun chance is reduced :D
And this is not a melee build, I noticed enemies often attack my totems or my stone golem. Maybe I can get away with not having stun immunity gear :D

Technically every life bonus does 'help', but in practice it's not going to matter. Strength gives flat life, without any percent life on the tree you're going to literally need thousands of strength to get your stun threshold to a safe level.

As CI your life is going to be so low either way that some packs or spells are just going to stun you every hit and the 50% chance to ignore a stun form having ES isn't going to prevent most stunlocks. A meaty Esh rare drops a lightning ball on you and you are ~80% dead, for instance. An Esh rare or pair of them think they're funny and drop two lightning balls on you and you are 100% dead.

You can get away with no stun immunity if you're Cyclone or you have strong, instant, directable ranged damage, like a wander with good gear. I wouldn't do it on hardcore, but on softcore you probably won't ever die if you play well. Come to think of it I'm not sure I would do that at all in Breach. Hm.

I wouldn't run a CI build that can't leech without stun immunity, it's just too sketchy. Unless you don't care about dying at all, but I assume you do otherwise you would just stay as life based.
~
-Archangel-
Profile Joined May 2010
Croatia7457 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-01-07 18:03:56
January 07 2017 18:03 GMT
#23275
I did some calculations with tree I linked and using ES items I can afford and I would have around 9.5k ES. Is that acceptable for a totem CI character that is not using a shield?
HolydaKing
Profile Joined February 2010
21254 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-01-07 18:28:01
January 07 2017 18:27 GMT
#23276
That would be pretty fine yeah, especially for SC and a totem build. But I agree with the others on how important stun immunity or at least Valyrium is. If you are careful you might be fine, but getting hit by anything painful will lock you. I remember the old days when Lunaris Temple runs were a thing. Tentacle Miscreations shit on CI without stun immunity.
Pwere
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada1557 Posts
January 07 2017 19:05 GMT
#23277
When I was self-found with ~3k HP 4k ES, the random ball lightning in Breaches in ~T10 would stunlock.
You could try the 65 or 80% stun avoidance on boots instead of Chayula since it's SC. It could be good enough.
EchelonTee
Profile Joined February 2011
United States5262 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-01-08 10:11:40
January 08 2017 10:10 GMT
#23278
On January 07 2017 07:08 HolydaKing wrote:
Trying to gear my new CI build, any comments on if movement speed on boots is important if you mostly move with Shield Charge? I think so in my case, because I don't have massive attack speed and the speed of the charge is increased by it. The build I'm mostly following doesn't have MS on boots though.

you really want MS on boots for shield charge. serious clear speed and QoL improvement. I prefer at least 20% MS even on whirling blades chars cus the MS helps survivability in uncommon scenarios

if you're really on a budget you don't need it but in my experience its like 1-3c (no ms boots) 10-30c (ms boots), I'll grab the ms boots while I'm upgrading gear
aka "neophyte". learn lots. dont judge. laugh for no reason. be nice. seek happiness. -D[9]
HolydaKing
Profile Joined February 2010
21254 Posts
January 08 2017 10:21 GMT
#23279
Gotta agree after buying 240 ES double ~30 res boots without movement speed, it kinda sucks for mapping. I think I'll get a 2nd pair for mapping with lower ES but 30% movement speed.
bo1b
Profile Blog Joined August 2012
Australia12814 Posts
January 08 2017 10:35 GMT
#23280
Could I get some advice for lab farming? I've never really done it so any recommended classes/guides would be good.

I'm assuming eq jugg is the go to?
Prev 1 1162 1163 1164 1165 1166 1759 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 50m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 605
ProTech135
UpATreeSC 88
Nina 63
NeuroSwarm 1
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 14927
910 71
soO 37
NaDa 11
Dota 2
monkeys_forever210
canceldota89
League of Legends
Doublelift2436
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4203
Other Games
summit1g2685
fl0m1366
FrodaN851
olofmeister818
Liquid`Hasu330
C9.Mang0218
Livibee190
ToD75
PPMD22
Organizations
StarCraft 2
angryscii 20
[ Show 20 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• poizon28 21
• Adnapsc2 11
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 67
• FirePhoenix7
• Michael_bg 4
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21291
• WagamamaTV514
League of Legends
• Scarra715
Other Games
• imaqtpie1012
• Shiphtur682
• tFFMrPink 12
Upcoming Events
OSC
1h 50m
Big Brain Bouts
12h 50m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
19h 50m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
21h 50m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 12h
Patches Events
1d 17h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 21h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 21h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-08
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.