• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:25
CEST 08:25
KST 15:25
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202614Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8844 users

Path of Exile - Page 1110

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1759 Next
Guild invites: Message any of EvoSenseOfPride, ScionViableORly, neophyteWham, TheTouchOfGOLD in game
OR
post your character name in the thread and ask for an invite
Private league ladder (finished): https://www.pathofexile.com/private-leagues/league/TeamLiquid and friends
ticklishmusic
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
United States15977 Posts
September 09 2016 20:25 GMT
#22181
im triggered by you not grabbing the jewel sockets you pass by
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Sn0_Man
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
Tebellong44238 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-09-09 20:30:01
September 09 2016 20:29 GMT
#22182
On September 10 2016 05:25 ticklishmusic wrote:
im triggered by you not grabbing the jewel sockets you pass by

I took the 1-point ones, there's one 2-pointer that is definitely worth but I don't prescribe those until post-80 usually because the right jewel is usually expensive. The rest are 3-pointers that I rarely consider worth unless you have some REALLY gg jewels available.

E: oh shit i forgot a 1-pointer. my bad. I trust archangel can find it himself though
LiquidDota StaffSCIENTISTS BAFFLED | 3275929302
ticklishmusic
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
United States15977 Posts
September 09 2016 20:45 GMT
#22183
i might consider taking berserker over inquisitor as a SC char. leech + more dmg is nice plus the increased aspd/movespeed synergizes nicely with evasion. still have to patch together something for mana though, and i guess not having leech vs bosses is a problem.

i agree on the jewel nodes though.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
-Archangel-
Profile Joined May 2010
Croatia7457 Posts
September 09 2016 21:04 GMT
#22184
Haha I found a guy asking 18 chaos for almost perfect Windripper. I went on a selling spree where I sold most of my orbs to get 20 chaos and then I check and again and now he is asking for 35 chaos :D
-Archangel-
Profile Joined May 2010
Croatia7457 Posts
September 09 2016 21:19 GMT
#22185
On September 10 2016 04:24 -Archangel- wrote:
I could use some advice about my build from PoE experts (well except for advice to change it completely which might be coming when you read what I am trying :D), ways to refine it or advice on what gear to try to acquire. Help out a TL buddy please :D

I am trying a Bow Elemental Hit Scion on softcore Essence
(I should have went Ranger-Pathfinder instead but I figured that out when I was lvl 48 :D and I cba to start over so I will do best I can with this character)

Short description of my idea behind this build:
So to focus on elemental damage and critical hits. I took Scion to get access to skill gems easier so I don't need to buy everything but this probably works better with Ranger Pathfinder (like all builds :D) except you will not have free Pierce. I wanted to use a skill that does not depend on weapon's damage, the unique weapons I use are super cheap to buy and will only cost to link properly. People said Elemental Hit is crap but I want to make it work instead of LA or whatever is popular otherwise. I didn't plan to take lot of health nodes (about 100% bonus) but I will have Acrobatics tree, 50% avoidance of elemental statuses (more vs Chill and Frozen) and hopefully get hit rarely. Lots of passives are focus on attack speed, move speed and critical hit. Elemental Hit has innate 10% chance to Freeze, Shock or Ignite so total chance to do so will be around 50% or so (I hope at least :D).

My currently planned skill setup is this:
5L - Ele Hit+Faster Attacks+Weapon Elemental Damage+LMP+Increased Critical Strikes (probably on Bow) (I can exchange LMP for GMP if my masses killing power is not going to be working well enough; if I somehow get lucky and ever get a 6L I was thinking about using Empower so the base damage of Ele Hit gets a boost)
4L - Blink Arrow +Faster Attacks+Ice Golem+Minion Life (this is for fast moving and minions that buy me seconds; Ice Golem is chosen for Critical and Accuracy boost)
4L - Herald of Ice+Innervate+Ice Bite (+ possibly Increased AoE) (purpose of this is to get a cold damage boost and when I shatter stuff I will get both Frenzy charges and Onslaught boost letting me clear maps even faster)
4L - Cast on Damage Taken+Immortal Call+Increased Duration+Vaal Grace (Vaal Grace is because I got it to drop and it kind of boosts my Acrobatics character to become almost untouchable for these 10s and be able to stand there and do as much damage as possible)
4L - Spell Totem+Elemental Weakness+Increased Duration (I cast it and it provides a constant boost to damage vs tougher enemies and it gets some of them to attack it instead of me)
1L - Artic Armor (I add this to armor that only has 4L for now)

Passive Tree:
+ Show Spoiler +
http://poeplanner.com/AAMAAVhBQU1BQVFnQWZmS1htMTJvbW52RGtCR0M1SXF2U3NodXFyWHlOWkxZdlhKc2JFWXlDVDhuS2sxOVcxLVlXVzNQTXF4SFVVektTbS1lX285TjQ2Wlhnd2xmc0p1MWhNWERPaG1LbHdiRW9ydmpfcnA5ZGROLUpJc1BxeGFfSnBWaDRsVkxqRFpVUjZhLWlkTndVaW9MWGZJRi1SWHdrdk5lUmZycmpiODkzZnJ4bnlmVUl6QngzYWhMZURwQ0JiWEM3Q3BiZWZaRE5sTHNVVWZuVkNUOU1IeU5mU1AyVFpMSTNNRkpfaDFfSzlhS09kUnY4cUNmbktTSEUzY0hWdnJkUm1PbkVZRjMxOWhnMXkxSkR4UjFXNjhoZG9iT3dUTU5qWWQyNDU5S2ZVNHFJOU52SjVwcTVSbTBPUHYxbDVkRmZGZ1hlMjZYSWNGOG9qNDhTNnU2aHdjPQAIQUFBQUFRQUEAAA==

The life leech passives I plan to take last if I see I might need something like that. Also the 3 resist passives near start I plan to respec out of later when I get enough resist gear that I don't need them.

Gear:
For now I am using Storm Cloud unique but at lvl 68 I will switch to Nuro's Harp that I bought (it has almost perfect stats, I only need to 4L or 5L it). For that time I also plan to start taking critical hit passives. Only other gear I plan to use 100% is a unique jewel that gives me 15% pierce so that I will have 95% pierce in total.
Then I will look for some better bow if it exists, any suggestions for the bow and other end game gear is more than welcome!!


Flasks:
No idea what to use, probably 2 health, no mana (I got 3 leech nodes) 1 Onslaught?!

OK, now I will be happy to get any tips, tricks or advice anyone wants to come up with.

Quoting for the new page so others can see it as well.

Are there any active/support skills I missed and could be useful?
r.Evo
Profile Joined August 2006
Germany14081 Posts
September 09 2016 21:30 GMT
#22186
On September 09 2016 18:30 bo1b wrote:
Was one of the things I immediately tested when I saw it on poe.trade for 10ex.

Flask is a joke, makes essence drain imo the strongest spell in the game as pathfinder.

Pathfinder ED already had the free poison but with witchfire brew and that it's pretty stupid.

A high crit phys bow build might outscale it if it means you can kick out GMP but ED starts off so cheap, does so many map mods and scales well enough that it might just be enough. Also if we're honest getting that flask might be a bit rough.
"We don't make mistakes here, we call it happy little accidents." ~Bob Ross
bo1b
Profile Blog Joined August 2012
Australia12814 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-09-09 23:29:46
September 09 2016 23:28 GMT
#22187
The damage with ed + poison is no joke once you get going, even when the dots doing 25k dps it's enough to basically one hit a boss. Given enough area effect one cast of ed + contagion can clear multiple screens so the only thing really holding it back is cast speed and attack speed. Running 7 frenzy charges and 6 jewels of that is so good for clearspeed, especially as before I was using a consuming dark, now you can use a dagger with 22% implicit attack speed and get kicked for too many actions.

Flask will be tough, but it's a damn sight easier then getting a volls devotion + all the gear coc discharge needed imo.
EchelonTee
Profile Joined February 2011
United States5262 Posts
September 10 2016 00:47 GMT
#22188
https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/51zo8c/hydra_and_chimera_seem_to_be_immune_to_poison/

seems like some of the bosses might be fully immune to certain effects. could make the fights really hard for certain builds
aka "neophyte". learn lots. dont judge. laugh for no reason. be nice. seek happiness. -D[9]
NotSorry
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States6722 Posts
September 10 2016 05:01 GMT
#22189
On September 10 2016 06:30 r.Evo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 09 2016 18:30 bo1b wrote:
Was one of the things I immediately tested when I saw it on poe.trade for 10ex.

Flask is a joke, makes essence drain imo the strongest spell in the game as pathfinder.

Pathfinder ED already had the free poison but with witchfire brew and that it's pretty stupid.

A high crit phys bow build might outscale it if it means you can kick out GMP but ED starts off so cheap, does so many map mods and scales well enough that it might just be enough. Also if we're honest getting that flask might be a bit rough.

I'm missing something? What about Pathfinder that allows you to drop GMP?
We have now sunk to a depth at which restatement of the obvious is the first duty of intelligent men. - Orwell
Kickstart
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States1941 Posts
September 10 2016 05:08 GMT
#22190
Think they are talking about the shaper unique flask that gives + projectiles and can go up with flask effect.
-Archangel-
Profile Joined May 2010
Croatia7457 Posts
September 10 2016 09:46 GMT
#22191
One more question about my above build.
Since this character is going to be criting often should I use Cast on Crit with some spell? Not right away but lets say if I ever get a 6L. Something like Elemental Hit+Faster Attacks+Increased Critical Chance+LMP+Cast on Crit+Some spell?

I seen Kripp stream POE, he plays a wander and he one shots every normal pack because after his GMP wand shot there are these little explosions on the ground that murder everything.
bo1b
Profile Blog Joined August 2012
Australia12814 Posts
September 10 2016 09:54 GMT
#22192
On September 10 2016 18:46 -Archangel- wrote:
One more question about my above build.
Since this character is going to be criting often should I use Cast on Crit with some spell? Not right away but lets say if I ever get a 6L. Something like Elemental Hit+Faster Attacks+Increased Critical Chance+LMP+Cast on Crit+Some spell?

I seen Kripp stream POE, he plays a wander and he one shots every normal pack because after his GMP wand shot there are these little explosions on the ground that murder everything.

That's just an ability called kinetic blast. After you attack something with that ability 5 explosions spread out around the target.

As to your question, cast on crit is really a spell to be built around, not as something added on.
bo1b
Profile Blog Joined August 2012
Australia12814 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-09-10 12:30:41
September 10 2016 12:12 GMT
#22193
Jesus they're really going all out buffing essence drain this patch, witchfire brew, dying sun, void walkers..

wtf is kiaras determination jesus
ticklishmusic
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
United States15977 Posts
September 10 2016 17:29 GMT
#22194
guess i should follow the meta and play one of those next.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
TheTenthDoc
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States9561 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-09-10 18:19:20
September 10 2016 17:45 GMT
#22195
No Zana encounters and I'm starting to push T6s. This is getting sad, I want my free quant.

Edit: After this I immediately find a Zana, it's timed, and my game crashes once the second exile of two gets onscreen. I hate you too Chris
r.Evo
Profile Joined August 2006
Germany14081 Posts
September 10 2016 21:46 GMT
#22196
We should have enough Zanas in guild at this point that someone can just share his daily with you. :3
"We don't make mistakes here, we call it happy little accidents." ~Bob Ross
TheTenthDoc
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States9561 Posts
September 10 2016 22:09 GMT
#22197
Unfortunately, crashing is a common enough occurrence that I tend to ruin other people's Zanas and waste their time and portals. The generosity is noted, though!
TelecoM
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States10871 Posts
September 11 2016 00:42 GMT
#22198
I'm thinking of getting into this game, any advice for beginners and anyone willing to show a newb the ropes / make a new character to play for fun?
AKA: TelecoM[WHITE] Protoss fighting
bo1b
Profile Blog Joined August 2012
Australia12814 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-09-11 06:28:27
September 11 2016 06:27 GMT
#22199
God damnit my computer just melted :\ Finally got my pathfinder to 80 as well and was looking forward to the end game a good bit.

On September 11 2016 09:42 GGzerG wrote:
I'm thinking of getting into this game, any advice for beginners and anyone willing to show a newb the ropes / make a new character to play for fun?


What sort of character are you interested in playing? The variety and depth is pretty deep in here so whatever you choose is doable within reason.
DaCruise
Profile Joined July 2010
Denmark2457 Posts
September 11 2016 06:30 GMT
#22200
On September 11 2016 09:42 GGzerG wrote:
I'm thinking of getting into this game, any advice for beginners and anyone willing to show a newb the ropes / make a new character to play for fun?


My best advice would be to go on the official PoE site and gather as much information as possible. The key to this game is knowledge.
Prev 1 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1759 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
Liquipedia
OSC
07:15
Masters Cup #151 Group C
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nina 120
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 3943
Mong 80
sorry 35
ToSsGirL 17
Icarus 8
Noble 8
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King171
Other Games
summit1g8004
WinterStarcraft599
C9.Mang0262
ceh9217
Sick155
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 37
• StrangeGG 22
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki27
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2276
League of Legends
• Lourlo889
• Stunt397
Other Games
• Shiphtur530
Upcoming Events
OSC
16h 35m
Big Brain Bouts
1d 3h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 10h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 12h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.