• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:40
CEST 04:40
KST 11:40
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202610Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8441 users

Path of Exile - Page 1111

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 1759 Next
Guild invites: Message any of EvoSenseOfPride, ScionViableORly, neophyteWham, TheTouchOfGOLD in game
OR
post your character name in the thread and ask for an invite
Private league ladder (finished): https://www.pathofexile.com/private-leagues/league/TeamLiquid and friends
HolydaKing
Profile Joined February 2010
21254 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-09-11 06:41:12
September 11 2016 06:36 GMT
#22201
Are the poe wiki dmg values corrrect? Is the Ice Spear DPS still vastly below stuff like Frost Bolt and Freezing Pulse? I was gonna do a cold build and wanna know the best single target cold spell for slaying bosses.

Considering I got high crit already so the 600% crit on the 2nd form are not so important as well. Still was assuming it has the highest DPS now since it's the only true single target spell without LMP/GMP.
bo1b
Profile Blog Joined August 2012
Australia12814 Posts
September 11 2016 06:42 GMT
#22202
Ice spear is balanced around the 600% increased crit strike chance I guess so you could make a crit build with far less investment in crit nodes and stack more base spell power and crit multi maybe?

I tend to think that frost bolt is best though.

When I'm back on my pc I think ill get to 90 and maybe make a fire ball build.
Sn0_Man
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
Tebellong44238 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-09-11 06:55:34
September 11 2016 06:52 GMT
#22203
Ice spear`s raw damage value is indeed still measurably below frostbolt. On the flip side, it has a much higher projectile speed and 7 base crit, PLUS the 600% increased crit chance in it`s 2nd form (although you lose your implicit pierce when that happens).

Frostbolt is 5 base crit, so without assassin it can be hard to cap crit, even with the inc crit strikes gem (not impossible, but hard). It`s projectile speed also becomes a factor in clear speed unless you link faster projectiles, which is an unexciting link usually.

When need to bother with single target stuff i just take the GMP out of my frostbolt
LiquidDota StaffSCIENTISTS BAFFLED | 3275929302
HolydaKing
Profile Joined February 2010
21254 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-09-11 06:56:18
September 11 2016 06:55 GMT
#22204
On September 11 2016 15:42 bo1b wrote:
Ice spear is balanced around the 600% increased crit strike chance I guess so you could make a crit build with far less investment in crit nodes and stack more base spell power and crit multi maybe?

I tend to think that frost bolt is best though.

When I'm back on my pc I think ill get to 90 and maybe make a fire ball build.

Yeah well, my main clear skill is gonna be Ice Nova which I love. So I got high crit chance already. I think the main pros/cons look like this:

Freezing Pulse:
+ highest DPS (1325 at lvl 20)
- gotta go melee to feel it
- isn't always working (relevant from reddit)

Frost Bolt:
+ good DPS (1254 at lvl 20)
- lowest crit chance
- really slow projectile speed, might be bad for bosses that don't get frozen and aren't standing still.

Ice Spear:
+ high projectile speed
+ high crit chance (easily 95%)
- lowest DPS by far (806 at lvl 20)

Frost Bolt looks best to me but I'm worried about the projectile speed, for which I'm not gonna pick up tree nodes.
bo1b
Profile Blog Joined August 2012
Australia12814 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-09-11 06:56:50
September 11 2016 06:56 GMT
#22205
Nvm
bo1b
Profile Blog Joined August 2012
Australia12814 Posts
September 11 2016 06:58 GMT
#22206
What class would you be going out of interest?
Sn0_Man
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
Tebellong44238 Posts
September 11 2016 06:58 GMT
#22207
most bosses aren`t particularly mobile, especially once you dump a frost bomb on them. If you have some freeze duration nodes or jewels, you can permafreeze up to about tier 8-10 pretty easily depending on DPS.
LiquidDota StaffSCIENTISTS BAFFLED | 3275929302
HolydaKing
Profile Joined February 2010
21254 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-09-11 07:02:45
September 11 2016 06:59 GMT
#22208
On September 11 2016 15:58 bo1b wrote:
What class would you be going out of interest?

CI Occultist. I wanted to be decently tanky and love the automatical power charge generation. Was debating between that and Trickster/Inquisitor, and when talking to another guy we both concluded Occultist is a little better. I know there are other ways to get Power Charges easily, however I always forget to use things like Orb of Storms when socketing it with PCoC... prefer when there's one skill less to forget.
bo1b
Profile Blog Joined August 2012
Australia12814 Posts
September 11 2016 07:02 GMT
#22209
On September 11 2016 15:59 HolydaKing wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 11 2016 15:58 bo1b wrote:
What class would you be going out of interest?

CI Occultist. I wanted to be decently tanky and love the automatical power charge generation. Was debating between that and Trickster/Inquisitor, and when talking to another guy we both concluded Occultist is a little better. I know there are other ways to get Power Charges easily, however I always forget to use things like Lightning Orb when socketing it with PCoC... prefer when there's one skill less to forget.

Just get a skyforths, problem solved

+ Show Spoiler +
+ Show Spoiler +
+ Show Spoiler +
bo1b
Profile Blog Joined August 2012
Australia12814 Posts
September 11 2016 07:04 GMT
#22210
On September 11 2016 15:58 Sn0_Man wrote:
most bosses aren`t particularly mobile, especially once you dump a frost bomb on them. If you have some freeze duration nodes or jewels, you can permafreeze up to about tier 8-10 pretty easily depending on DPS.

I think the other benefit of going ice is that the damage isn't reliable on ignites/shocks/poison either, so new bosses/atziri don't take less damage
phantomlancer23
Profile Blog Joined May 2013
733 Posts
September 11 2016 20:19 GMT
#22211
Atlas improved the game a lot, mapping become faster and more fun keeps the interest high also all the maps i have played until now are more balanced and better designed.I made a ''discovery'' that improved my game dramaticly,why didnt you tell me about /global 820 guys?I was wasting time in lower tier maps all the previews leagues because i havent high enough level zana and she only sold 1-3 tier maps, now i moved very fast to yellow maps with atlas and 820 channel.Anyway really liked the atlas and the new maps.
-Archangel-
Profile Joined May 2010
Croatia7457 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-09-11 22:16:46
September 11 2016 22:16 GMT
#22212
How does one join this TL guild?
I need people I can bother live with my crazy ideas on how to improve my character :D

Also I like to read chat while playing but global chat is full of spam all the time and distracts me.
Blitzkrieg0
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States13132 Posts
September 11 2016 22:24 GMT
#22213
On September 12 2016 07:16 -Archangel- wrote:
How does one join this TL guild?
I need people I can bother live with my crazy ideas on how to improve my character :D

Also I like to read chat while playing but global chat is full of spam all the time and distracts me.


Post your character name and one of the officers will invite you.
I'll always be your shadow and veil your eyes from states of ain soph aur.
-Archangel-
Profile Joined May 2010
Croatia7457 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-09-11 23:12:43
September 11 2016 23:11 GMT
#22214
On September 12 2016 07:24 Blitzkrieg0 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 12 2016 07:16 -Archangel- wrote:
How does one join this TL guild?
I need people I can bother live with my crazy ideas on how to improve my character :D

Also I like to read chat while playing but global chat is full of spam all the time and distracts me.


Post your character name and one of the officers will invite you.

ELIArcher (combination of Elemental Hit Archer and my kid's name :D)

Oh and I just got Victario's Acuity from divination cards :D
How much is that worth? (I am curious as nobody is trading it on poe.trade but I plan to use it).
Sn0_Man
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
Tebellong44238 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-09-12 18:48:05
September 12 2016 18:45 GMT
#22215
Man, I have a ton of build concepts in my head but every time I try to really hammer down some details before starting, I realize that it would be tankier as pathfinder, and do more damage as blade vortex (also as pathfinder) -_-

On September 12 2016 08:11 -Archangel- wrote:
Oh and I just got Victario's Acuity from divination cards :D
How much is that worth? (I am curious as nobody is trading it on poe.trade but I plan to use it).

well there's only 1 on poe.trade and it's 5ex so you could list for 4.5 lol. The thing is, it's very rare but I don't think it's all that in-demand either.
LiquidDota StaffSCIENTISTS BAFFLED | 3275929302
ticklishmusic
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
United States15977 Posts
September 12 2016 18:58 GMT
#22216
I'm gonna be forever salty that my Void div card gave me 5 alts (Emperor's Luck) and a blue sword (The King's Blade). Should have just sold them.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Sn0_Man
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
Tebellong44238 Posts
September 12 2016 20:35 GMT
#22217
Did anybody here ever mess around with magma orb + projectile speed stuff?

It seemed like an interesting buff but I'm not sure how precisely you leverage it to either do more damage or get more AoE
LiquidDota StaffSCIENTISTS BAFFLED | 3275929302
TheTenthDoc
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States9561 Posts
September 12 2016 21:50 GMT
#22218
On September 13 2016 05:35 Sn0_Man wrote:
Did anybody here ever mess around with magma orb + projectile speed stuff?

It seemed like an interesting buff but I'm not sure how precisely you leverage it to either do more damage or get more AoE


Well, you might be able to throw Slower Projectiles in and double-hit mobs/bosses (which I don't think you could do before without absurd AoE). So there's more damage.
Ryndika
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
1489 Posts
September 13 2016 11:26 GMT
#22219
Why are people posting high ilvl crudes on poetrad for moneye? Isn't it possible to use vorici to 6socket and then just manually spam fuses for 6link?
as useful as teasalt
r.Evo
Profile Joined August 2006
Germany14081 Posts
September 13 2016 11:56 GMT
#22220
On September 13 2016 20:26 Ryndika wrote:
Why are people posting high ilvl crudes on poetrad for moneye? Isn't it possible to use vorici to 6socket and then just manually spam fuses for 6link?

Best bow for SRS due to the low requirements, super fotm right now. Also in theory not using vorici has lower cost for 6s / links on average.
"We don't make mistakes here, we call it happy little accidents." ~Bob Ross
Prev 1 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 1759 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
Liquipedia
OSC
07:15
Masters Cup #151 Group C
davetesta33
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech135
RuFF_SC2 130
FoxeR 4
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 1609
Shuttle 1409
Artosis 597
Dewaltoss 45
NaDa 26
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm181
LuMiX0
League of Legends
Doublelift3751
Counter-Strike
taco 537
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox599
Other Games
summit1g7929
WinterStarcraft338
C9.Mang0288
ViBE98
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 28
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Shiphtur228
Upcoming Events
OSC
20h 20m
Big Brain Bouts
1d 7h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 14h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 16h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.