• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:35
CEST 21:35
KST 04:35
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War325.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
We built a tool to spot smurfs at match start 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR?
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8727 users

Path of Exile - Page 1109

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 1759 Next
Guild invites: Message any of EvoSenseOfPride, ScionViableORly, neophyteWham, TheTouchOfGOLD in game
OR
post your character name in the thread and ask for an invite
Private league ladder (finished): https://www.pathofexile.com/private-leagues/league/TeamLiquid and friends
bo1b
Profile Blog Joined August 2012
Australia12814 Posts
September 08 2016 06:32 GMT
#22161
As soon as I get a 6link beast fur shawl and the new flask I'm making a pathfinder essence drain character. The new flask is bonkers.
Otolia
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
France5805 Posts
September 08 2016 16:16 GMT
#22162
What defense are you choosing for your new melee char ? Pathfinder.
What defense are you choosing for your new caster char ? Pathfinder.
What defense are you choosing for your new trapper char ? Pathfinder.
What defense are you choosing for your new facetank char ? Pathfinder.

GGG nerf plz
r.Evo
Profile Joined August 2006
Germany14081 Posts
September 08 2016 22:00 GMT
#22163
I just play Pathfinder cause it runs fast.
"We don't make mistakes here, we call it happy little accidents." ~Bob Ross
bo1b
Profile Blog Joined August 2012
Australia12814 Posts
September 08 2016 22:28 GMT
#22164
Pathfinder isn't that strong in comparison to say, elementalist from last league. It's just Fotm. Apart from that, I played pathfinder last patch and unless theres been significant buffs to it, it's really not that bad.
HolydaKing
Profile Joined February 2010
21254 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-09-08 23:05:38
September 08 2016 23:05 GMT
#22165
On September 09 2016 07:00 r.Evo wrote:
I just play Pathfinder cause it runs fast.

Yeah, people often forget about this part.... movement speed is king in PoE in the last few leagues. Not only has Pathfinder insane defenses with the right flasks, they are also lightning fast with Quicksilver Flask.
-Archangel-
Profile Joined May 2010
Croatia7457 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-09-08 23:27:19
September 08 2016 23:22 GMT
#22166
On September 09 2016 01:16 Otolia wrote:
What defense are you choosing for your new melee char ? Pathfinder.
What defense are you choosing for your new caster char ? Pathfinder.
What defense are you choosing for your new trapper char ? Pathfinder.
What defense are you choosing for your new facetank char ? Pathfinder.

GGG nerf plz

I chose Ascendant with my ranged char :D

But I can take a weaker version of Pathfinder if I want to :D
bo1b
Profile Blog Joined August 2012
Australia12814 Posts
September 09 2016 01:42 GMT
#22167
On September 09 2016 08:05 HolydaKing wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 09 2016 07:00 r.Evo wrote:
I just play Pathfinder cause it runs fast.

Yeah, people often forget about this part.... movement speed is king in PoE in the last few leagues. Not only has Pathfinder insane defenses with the right flasks, they are also lightning fast with Quicksilver Flask.

They also have free poison and free gmp with enough flask effect nodes, aka an 8 link with no downsides.
r.Evo
Profile Joined August 2006
Germany14081 Posts
September 09 2016 07:34 GMT
#22168
On September 09 2016 10:42 bo1b wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 09 2016 08:05 HolydaKing wrote:
On September 09 2016 07:00 r.Evo wrote:
I just play Pathfinder cause it runs fast.

Yeah, people often forget about this part.... movement speed is king in PoE in the last few leagues. Not only has Pathfinder insane defenses with the right flasks, they are also lightning fast with Quicksilver Flask.

They also have free poison and free gmp with enough flask effect nodes, aka an 8 link with no downsides.

...are you about to say the Dying Sun projectile bonus scales with flask effect..?
"We don't make mistakes here, we call it happy little accidents." ~Bob Ross
iloveav
Profile Joined November 2008
Poland1484 Posts
September 09 2016 08:28 GMT
#22169
After the last nerfs from Atlas I lost all my builds except one (that isnt finished) so I am currently taking a 1 year break till they change things again. They always rebuff nerfs eventually.
aka LRM)Cats_Paw.
bo1b
Profile Blog Joined August 2012
Australia12814 Posts
September 09 2016 09:25 GMT
#22170
On September 09 2016 16:34 r.Evo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 09 2016 10:42 bo1b wrote:
On September 09 2016 08:05 HolydaKing wrote:
On September 09 2016 07:00 r.Evo wrote:
I just play Pathfinder cause it runs fast.

Yeah, people often forget about this part.... movement speed is king in PoE in the last few leagues. Not only has Pathfinder insane defenses with the right flasks, they are also lightning fast with Quicksilver Flask.

They also have free poison and free gmp with enough flask effect nodes, aka an 8 link with no downsides.

...are you about to say the Dying Sun projectile bonus scales with flask effect..?

Sure does.
bo1b
Profile Blog Joined August 2012
Australia12814 Posts
September 09 2016 09:30 GMT
#22171
Was one of the things I immediately tested when I saw it on poe.trade for 10ex.

Flask is a joke, makes essence drain imo the strongest spell in the game as pathfinder.
-Archangel-
Profile Joined May 2010
Croatia7457 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-09-09 19:45:27
September 09 2016 19:24 GMT
#22172
I could use some advice about my build from PoE experts (well except for advice to change it completely which might be coming when you read what I am trying :D), ways to refine it or advice on what gear to try to acquire. Help out a TL buddy please :D

I am trying a Bow Elemental Hit Scion on softcore Essence
(I should have went Ranger-Pathfinder instead but I figured that out when I was lvl 48 :D and I cba to start over so I will do best I can with this character)

Short description of my idea behind this build:
So to focus on elemental damage and critical hits. I took Scion to get access to skill gems easier so I don't need to buy everything but this probably works better with Ranger Pathfinder (like all builds :D) except you will not have free Pierce. I wanted to use a skill that does not depend on weapon's damage, the unique weapons I use are super cheap to buy and will only cost to link properly. People said Elemental Hit is crap but I want to make it work instead of LA or whatever is popular otherwise. I didn't plan to take lot of health nodes (about 100% bonus) but I will have Acrobatics tree, 50% avoidance of elemental statuses (more vs Chill and Frozen) and hopefully get hit rarely. Lots of passives are focus on attack speed, move speed and critical hit. Elemental Hit has innate 10% chance to Freeze, Shock or Ignite so total chance to do so will be around 50% or so (I hope at least :D).

My currently planned skill setup is this:
5L - Ele Hit+Faster Attacks+Weapon Elemental Damage+LMP+Increased Critical Strikes (probably on Bow) (I can exchange LMP for GMP if my masses killing power is not going to be working well enough; if I somehow get lucky and ever get a 6L I was thinking about using Empower so the base damage of Ele Hit gets a boost)
4L - Blink Arrow +Faster Attacks+Ice Golem+Minion Life (this is for fast moving and minions that buy me seconds; Ice Golem is chosen for Critical and Accuracy boost)
4L - Herald of Ice+Innervate+Ice Bite (+ possibly Increased AoE) (purpose of this is to get a cold damage boost and when I shatter stuff I will get both Frenzy charges and Onslaught boost letting me clear maps even faster)
4L - Cast on Damage Taken+Immortal Call+Increased Duration+Vaal Grace (Vaal Grace is because I got it to drop and it kind of boosts my Acrobatics character to become almost untouchable for these 10s and be able to stand there and do as much damage as possible)
4L - Spell Totem+Elemental Weakness+Increased Duration (I cast it and it provides a constant boost to damage vs tougher enemies and it gets some of them to attack it instead of me)
1L - Artic Armor (I add this to armor that only has 4L for now)

Passive Tree:
+ Show Spoiler +
http://poeplanner.com/AAMAAVhBQU1BQVFnQWZmS1htMTJvbW52RGtCR0M1SXF2U3NodXFyWHlOWkxZdlhKc2JFWXlDVDhuS2sxOVcxLVlXVzNQTXF4SFVVektTbS1lX285TjQ2Wlhnd2xmc0p1MWhNWERPaG1LbHdiRW9ydmpfcnA5ZGROLUpJc1BxeGFfSnBWaDRsVkxqRFpVUjZhLWlkTndVaW9MWGZJRi1SWHdrdk5lUmZycmpiODkzZnJ4bnlmVUl6QngzYWhMZURwQ0JiWEM3Q3BiZWZaRE5sTHNVVWZuVkNUOU1IeU5mU1AyVFpMSTNNRkpfaDFfSzlhS09kUnY4cUNmbktTSEUzY0hWdnJkUm1PbkVZRjMxOWhnMXkxSkR4UjFXNjhoZG9iT3dUTU5qWWQyNDU5S2ZVNHFJOU52SjVwcTVSbTBPUHYxbDVkRmZGZ1hlMjZYSWNGOG9qNDhTNnU2aHdjPQAIQUFBQUFRQUEAAA==

The life leech passives I plan to take last if I see I might need something like that. Also the 3 resist passives near start I plan to respec out of later when I get enough resist gear that I don't need them.

Gear:
For now I am using Storm Cloud unique but at lvl 68 I will switch to Nuro's Harp that I bought (it has almost perfect stats, I only need to 4L or 5L it). For that time I also plan to start taking critical hit passives. Only other gear I plan to use 100% is a unique jewel that gives me 15% pierce so that I will have 95% pierce in total.
Then I will look for some better bow if it exists, any suggestions for the bow and other end game gear is more than welcome!!


Flasks:
No idea what to use, probably 2 health, no mana (I got 3 leech nodes) 1 Onslaught?!

OK, now I will be happy to get any tips, tricks or advice anyone wants to come up with.
Sn0_Man
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
Tebellong44238 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-09-09 19:49:22
September 09 2016 19:44 GMT
#22173
Suggested passive tree at 81. After level 81 you should have a pretty good idea of what your build needs next.

yes I know i took a bunch of life nodes but the fact of the matter is that the game isn't fun to play with 3k life in maps where you die every map because a pack offscreened you. I didn't go for HC viable I went for "don't have to be mathil to play".

Your ideal bow late game is a windripper, but those are not really cheap (dunno about this league)

Innervate doesn't work with herald of ice. Ice bite only works if the herald gets the killing blow, which is rare. Just use curse-on-hit with it to get charges. Consider herald of ice-herald of thunder-curse on hit-(assassins/poachers mark) for charges. Give up on onslaught, you can't generate it well and it's weak anyway. You can use a silver flask if it's that important.

I'm not going to tell you not to use elemental hit, I just want to point out that by using it you are choosing something strictly worse than a variety of other options.

NEVER consider empower by the way. Level 4 empower is less than half the damage of an added lightning gem, for example.
LiquidDota StaffSCIENTISTS BAFFLED | 3275929302
-Archangel-
Profile Joined May 2010
Croatia7457 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-09-09 20:20:26
September 09 2016 19:49 GMT
#22174
On September 10 2016 04:44 Sn0_Man wrote:
Suggested passive tree at 81. After level 81 you should have a pretty good idea of what your build needs next.

yes I know i took a bunch of life nodes but the fact of the matter is that the game isn't fun to play with 3k life in maps where you die every map because a pack offscreened you. I didn't go for HC viable I went for "don't have to be mathil to play".

Your ideal bow late game is a windripper, but those are not really cheap (dunno about this league)

Innervate doesn't work with herald of ice. Ice bite only works if the herald gets the killing blow, which is rare. Just use curse-on-hit with it to get charges. Consider herald of ice-herald of thunder-curse on hit-(assassins/poachers mark) for charges. Give up on onslaught, you can't generate it well and it's weak anyway. You can use a silver flask if it's that important.

I'm not going to tell you not to use elemental hit, I just want to point out that by using it you are choosing something strictly worse than a variety of other options.

Tnx for suggestions. Innervate works, don't know why. I already use HoI+Innervate setup on my Ice Nova Witch, I get Onslaught that way like crazy with that character.

EDIT: I fixed what I said wrong earlier :D
EDIT2: Why take Vaal Pact when you took no Life Leech passives?! Also you removed my mana leech passives, how will I get my mana? (I absolutely don't want to use mana flasks)
EDIT 3: OMG! That windripper is more than awesome :D :D From this moment I am collecting money for that :D
EDIT 4: Windripper goes for 10 chaos already. I can get that much :D
Sn0_Man
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
Tebellong44238 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-09-09 19:59:11
September 09 2016 19:49 GMT
#22175
Innervate doesn't give frenzy charges

I guess i'll test ice bite on my frostbolt char with HoI, not sure about that

Re: edit:
You have 0.8% life leech and 0.4% mana leech from the duelist circle. Since Vaal pact doesn't reduce life leech, that should be enough.
LiquidDota StaffSCIENTISTS BAFFLED | 3275929302
Sn0_Man
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
Tebellong44238 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-09-09 19:59:03
September 09 2016 19:58 GMT
#22176
oops dubble
LiquidDota StaffSCIENTISTS BAFFLED | 3275929302
-Archangel-
Profile Joined May 2010
Croatia7457 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-09-09 20:14:02
September 09 2016 20:03 GMT
#22177
On September 10 2016 04:49 Sn0_Man wrote:
Innervate doesn't give frenzy charges

I guess i'll test ice bite on my frostbolt char with HoI, not sure about that

Re: edit:
You have 0.8% life leech and 0.4% mana leech from the duelist circle. Since Vaal pact doesn't reduce life leech, that should be enough.

How is that enough? At what level?! For what exactly? To me it seems 0.8% will give me minuscule life back.

EDIT: I am not trying to mean, I am just surprised such a small amount is enough
Sn0_Man
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
Tebellong44238 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-09-09 20:11:10
September 09 2016 20:10 GMT
#22178
Against bosses it'll be a bit low but thats where dodging and flasks come in
against packs it's fine because when you hit 10 mobs at a time you leech from all of them instantly with vaal pact. If you aren't leeching enough at that point, it's more likely because you don't do enough damage than because you don't have enough leech.

U can take more, i dont care. You asked for advice, this is my advice. I think other experienced players will agree that you don't need huge amounts of leech as a bow character against most content.
LiquidDota StaffSCIENTISTS BAFFLED | 3275929302
HolydaKing
Profile Joined February 2010
21254 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-09-09 20:17:23
September 09 2016 20:14 GMT
#22179
What Sn0 says is right, but it depends on the DPS. During the leveling phase 0.8% leech will be barely noticeable, however if you have 50k DPS that suddenly becomes a lot when hitting packs.

Picking up more certainly isn't wrong though.
Sn0_Man
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
Tebellong44238 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-09-09 20:19:06
September 09 2016 20:16 GMT
#22180
During levelling, potions are far more relevant than leech anyways. Filling out the mana leech circle (to get the mana on hit part mostly) can be worth it during levelling though. It isn't worth the 3 points late game though, IMO.

Alternately use a mana gained on hit jewel. Levelling and even lategame potentially.
LiquidDota StaffSCIENTISTS BAFFLED | 3275929302
Prev 1 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 1759 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 25m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 647
ProTech152
UpATreeSC 85
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 16973
Calm 3387
Mini 429
Mind 82
910 62
soO 46
Dota 2
Gorgc5545
canceldota67
Counter-Strike
fl0m2969
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3803
Other Games
FrodaN956
Beastyqt575
Liquid`Hasu298
Khaldor239
Livibee193
C9.Mang0152
IndyStarCraft 123
olofmeister107
ZombieGrub61
QueenE52
BRAT_OK 23
MindelVK7
[ Show 21 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 13
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 22
• blackmanpl 21
• FirePhoenix15
• Michael_bg 2
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota2886
• WagamamaTV335
League of Legends
• Nemesis1682
Other Games
• imaqtpie892
• Shiphtur689
• Scarra472
• tFFMrPink 11
Upcoming Events
OSC
3h 25m
Big Brain Bouts
14h 25m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
21h 25m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
23h 25m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 14h
Patches Events
1d 19h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 23h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 23h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-08
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.