• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:45
CEST 16:45
KST 23:45
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
[Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7799 users

TL Chess Match 4 - Page 54

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 52 53 54 55 56 140 Next
MrProphylactic
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
296 Posts
September 08 2011 19:15 GMT
#1061
On September 09 2011 04:08 qrs wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 09 2011 03:48 MrProphylactic wrote:
To be honest I do not know why or how I became the center of focus.
LOL

Listen, I have a good idea for you, MrProphylactic. Rather than participating in this team game, which does not seem to really be your cup of tea, why don't you do the opposite: start a new TL Chess Match, featuring you as the master who takes on the team. You could even start it now; no need to wait for this one to be over. I bet a lot of people from this game would sign up to play you too.



It is a an Idea. One match at a time is probably enough though . Unless enough players really wanted to get two games going .
"The Beauty of a move is not in its appearance, but the thought behind it" Nimzovitch
qrs
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States3637 Posts
September 08 2011 19:21 GMT
#1062
On September 09 2011 04:15 MrProphylactic wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 09 2011 04:08 qrs wrote:
On September 09 2011 03:48 MrProphylactic wrote:
To be honest I do not know why or how I became the center of focus.
LOL

Listen, I have a good idea for you, MrProphylactic. Rather than participating in this team game, which does not seem to really be your cup of tea, why don't you do the opposite: start a new TL Chess Match, featuring you as the master who takes on the team. You could even start it now; no need to wait for this one to be over. I bet a lot of people from this game would sign up to play you too.



It is a an Idea. One match at a time is probably enough though . Unless enough players really wanted to get two games going.
You can always gauge the numbers here in this thread before starting one of your own. Here, I'll make a poll for you:

Poll: If Mr Prof started TL Chess Match 5, would you sign up to play him?

Yes, starting any time. (8)
 
42%

No. (5)
 
26%

Maybe once this game is over. (4)
 
21%

Yes, but only once this game is over. (1)
 
5%

Maybe, starting any time. (1)
 
5%

Other. (0)
 
0%

19 total votes

Your vote: If Mr Prof started TL Chess Match 5, would you sign up to play him?

(Vote): Yes, but only once this game is over.
(Vote): Yes, starting any time.
(Vote): Maybe once this game is over.
(Vote): Maybe, starting any time.
(Vote): No.
(Vote): Other.


I voted, "Yes, starting anytime".
'As per the American Heart Association, the beat of the Bee Gees song "Stayin' Alive" provides an ideal rhythm in terms of beats per minute to use for hands-only CPR. One can also hum Queen's "Another One Bites The Dust".' —Wikipedia
Orpheos
Profile Joined April 2010
United States1663 Posts
September 08 2011 19:27 GMT
#1063
On September 09 2011 03:48 MrProphylactic wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 09 2011 02:50 Blazinghand wrote:
On September 09 2011 02:42 qrs wrote:
On September 09 2011 02:17 MrProphylactic wrote:
( It never ceases to amaze me how 1500 level players know everything about chess. )

MrProphylactic, you're missing the point of the game, I think. From what you've said about yourself, you may very well be the strongest individual player here, but this isn't about who is the strongest player; it's about playing the game as a team and having fun discussing it together. When one of us posts analysis, we're not saying, "Look, I know everything about chess." We're saying, "This is how it seems to me; if you disagree, then show me why I'm wrong." The nice thing about chess is that if you know someone is wrong, you very often can show them exactly why, and that happens, and we learn and everyone is happy. Sometimes it's not easy to prove that your assessment of a given position is correct, but even then, discussion usually leads to a better understanding of the pros and cons of a position and why each person thinks what he does about it.

I haven't been taking anyone's analysis on faith here, and I don't much care what their rating is. I think that jdseemoreglass has been contributing good analysis, not because he impressed me with his rating but because in many cases, when I followed his lines, I couldn't find anything better, or he showed me why something I thought might work was wrong. In other cases, even after discussion with him, I disagreed with his assessment, and in a case or two, it even seemed to me like he had overlooked something outright, but even if he has made mistakes from time to time (as most of us have), that's nothing to worry about because although I think he's a good analyst, I still check his lines for myself before trusting them. I would do that if he were Kasparov, because otherwise, I'm not playing the game for myself, I'm just voting along with someone else.

You've also contributed some good analysis, MrProphylactic, although I've followed less of it because, at first, your posts were hard to read (they've gotten better). I value your input to the game because it's good input. The fact that you're a master is irrelevant to me.

TL;DR: it's about playing the game to the best of our ability--each one of us--and having fun, not about winning at all costs. Don't appeal to your authority as a player, convince us of your moves by showing us why they're right. That way everyone enjoys the game, whether we win or not.



Big Q hits the nail on the head with this post. I was going to make a similar point and realized that he's got it all covered already.

Also, I vote for 8. Nbd4
+ Show Spoiler +

We want to interpose, and this develops the knight and also threatens his knight. I think it works fine and it guards our other knight and in general is awesome.

I'd also like to note that, if we castled during any of the moves I said we should castle we'd be fine now.

+ Show Spoiler +
That is all I have been focusing on, providing accurate analysis. When someone attacks me as a person however I will respond, at this point, this experience is rather comical for me.
I am beginning to see why having this many players of the current average strength is a handicap in this case. But I will try to steer the natives as best I can . Most of the analysis provided by some here is so flawed(after ng5 made it clear about engines) , I would not now where to begin correcting it, .
But... I will try my best time allowed ( unless I lose interest ) to correct any lines i see that have gross tactical mistakes while putting it in simplelist way possible so people can follow. To be honest I do not know why or how I became the center of focus. Being a run of the mill master is really not that big of deal. It is just Ironic at ICC you see the same thing during tourny broadcasts . 1500 know it alls, gets on my nerves a tad sometimes ,However, I will try my best to ignore the phenomenon from now on


EDIT: how can a knight go to D4? that is illegal .
Maybe you mean Nbd2 ???


to be honest I believe you were the first to make a personal attack, and even then, he never really attacked you back.

personally I cant tell if you yourself are the master troll because he explicitly has a trollface at the end of his post but you took it SUPER seriously.
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
September 08 2011 20:02 GMT
#1064
On September 09 2011 03:48 MrProphylactic wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 09 2011 02:50 Blazinghand wrote:
On September 09 2011 02:42 qrs wrote:
On September 09 2011 02:17 MrProphylactic wrote:
( It never ceases to amaze me how 1500 level players know everything about chess. )

MrProphylactic, you're missing the point of the game, I think. From what you've said about yourself, you may very well be the strongest individual player here, but this isn't about who is the strongest player; it's about playing the game as a team and having fun discussing it together. When one of us posts analysis, we're not saying, "Look, I know everything about chess." We're saying, "This is how it seems to me; if you disagree, then show me why I'm wrong." The nice thing about chess is that if you know someone is wrong, you very often can show them exactly why, and that happens, and we learn and everyone is happy. Sometimes it's not easy to prove that your assessment of a given position is correct, but even then, discussion usually leads to a better understanding of the pros and cons of a position and why each person thinks what he does about it.

I haven't been taking anyone's analysis on faith here, and I don't much care what their rating is. I think that jdseemoreglass has been contributing good analysis, not because he impressed me with his rating but because in many cases, when I followed his lines, I couldn't find anything better, or he showed me why something I thought might work was wrong. In other cases, even after discussion with him, I disagreed with his assessment, and in a case or two, it even seemed to me like he had overlooked something outright, but even if he has made mistakes from time to time (as most of us have), that's nothing to worry about because although I think he's a good analyst, I still check his lines for myself before trusting them. I would do that if he were Kasparov, because otherwise, I'm not playing the game for myself, I'm just voting along with someone else.

You've also contributed some good analysis, MrProphylactic, although I've followed less of it because, at first, your posts were hard to read (they've gotten better). I value your input to the game because it's good input. The fact that you're a master is irrelevant to me.

TL;DR: it's about playing the game to the best of our ability--each one of us--and having fun, not about winning at all costs. Don't appeal to your authority as a player, convince us of your moves by showing us why they're right. That way everyone enjoys the game, whether we win or not.



Big Q hits the nail on the head with this post. I was going to make a similar point and realized that he's got it all covered already.

Also, I vote for 8. Nbd4
+ Show Spoiler +

We want to interpose, and this develops the knight and also threatens his knight. I think it works fine and it guards our other knight and in general is awesome.

I'd also like to note that, if we castled during any of the moves I said we should castle we'd be fine now.

+ Show Spoiler +
That is all I have been focusing on, providing accurate analysis. When someone attacks me as a person however I will respond, at this point, this experience is rather comical for me.
I am beginning to see why having this many players of the current average strength is a handicap in this case. But I will try to steer the natives as best I can . Most of the analysis provided by some here is so flawed(after ng5 made it clear about engines) , I would not now where to begin correcting it, .
But... I will try my best time allowed ( unless I lose interest ) to correct any lines i see that have gross tactical mistakes while putting it in simplelist way possible so people can follow. To be honest I do not know why or how I became the center of focus. Being a run of the mill master is really not that big of deal. It is just Ironic at ICC you see the same thing during tourny broadcasts . 1500 know it alls, gets on my nerves a tad sometimes ,However, I will try my best to ignore the phenomenon from now on


EDIT: how can a knight go to D4? that is illegal .
Maybe you mean Nbd2 ???


Ah, yes, that's what I meant. Thanks. Also referring to us as "the natives" isn't very respectful, either to us or the people affected by that kind of stereotype. Please do not do so in the future.
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
chesshaha
Profile Joined March 2010
United States1117 Posts
September 08 2011 20:07 GMT
#1065
On September 09 2011 04:21 qrs wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 09 2011 04:15 MrProphylactic wrote:
On September 09 2011 04:08 qrs wrote:
On September 09 2011 03:48 MrProphylactic wrote:
To be honest I do not know why or how I became the center of focus.
LOL

Listen, I have a good idea for you, MrProphylactic. Rather than participating in this team game, which does not seem to really be your cup of tea, why don't you do the opposite: start a new TL Chess Match, featuring you as the master who takes on the team. You could even start it now; no need to wait for this one to be over. I bet a lot of people from this game would sign up to play you too.



It is a an Idea. One match at a time is probably enough though . Unless enough players really wanted to get two games going.
You can always gauge the numbers here in this thread before starting one of your own. Here, I'll make a poll for you:

Poll: If Mr Prof started TL Chess Match 5, would you sign up to play him?

Yes, starting any time. (8)
 
42%

No. (5)
 
26%

Maybe once this game is over. (4)
 
21%

Yes, but only once this game is over. (1)
 
5%

Maybe, starting any time. (1)
 
5%

Other. (0)
 
0%

19 total votes

Your vote: If Mr Prof started TL Chess Match 5, would you sign up to play him?

(Vote): Yes, but only once this game is over.
(Vote): Yes, starting any time.
(Vote): Maybe once this game is over.
(Vote): Maybe, starting any time.
(Vote): No.
(Vote): Other.


I voted, "Yes, starting anytime".


I voted for "Yes, starting anytime". I think it is kinda slow with the 3days rule. You should start one and have 1day per move, you could have a 7 day backup days also, just in case you don't have access online for a few days.
"Hopefully you're not the real TLO so it's not casted" - SpecialK
qrs
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States3637 Posts
September 08 2011 20:22 GMT
#1066
Votes

8. Nbd2: 20 (qrs, hype[NZ], Picklesickle, itsjustatank, BaronFel, Jumbled, EvilNalu, TNT0677, Babyfactory, mcc, Malinor, Malli, chesshaha, Snarfs, mastergriggy, Sm3agol, enigmaticcam, Raysalis, MrProphylactic, Blazinghand)
8. Qd2: 1 (jdseemoretroll)
[image loading]
'As per the American Heart Association, the beat of the Bee Gees song "Stayin' Alive" provides an ideal rhythm in terms of beats per minute to use for hands-only CPR. One can also hum Queen's "Another One Bites The Dust".' —Wikipedia
MrProphylactic
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
296 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-08 20:40:28
September 08 2011 20:25 GMT
#1067
On September 09 2011 05:02 Blazinghand wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 09 2011 03:48 MrProphylactic wrote:
On September 09 2011 02:50 Blazinghand wrote:
On September 09 2011 02:42 qrs wrote:
On September 09 2011 02:17 MrProphylactic wrote:
( It never ceases to amaze me how 1500 level players know everything about chess. )

MrProphylactic, you're missing the point of the game, I think. From what you've said about yourself, you may very well be the strongest individual player here, but this isn't about who is the strongest player; it's about playing the game as a team and having fun discussing it together. When one of us posts analysis, we're not saying, "Look, I know everything about chess." We're saying, "This is how it seems to me; if you disagree, then show me why I'm wrong." The nice thing about chess is that if you know someone is wrong, you very often can show them exactly why, and that happens, and we learn and everyone is happy. Sometimes it's not easy to prove that your assessment of a given position is correct, but even then, discussion usually leads to a better understanding of the pros and cons of a position and why each person thinks what he does about it.

I haven't been taking anyone's analysis on faith here, and I don't much care what their rating is. I think that jdseemoreglass has been contributing good analysis, not because he impressed me with his rating but because in many cases, when I followed his lines, I couldn't find anything better, or he showed me why something I thought might work was wrong. In other cases, even after discussion with him, I disagreed with his assessment, and in a case or two, it even seemed to me like he had overlooked something outright, but even if he has made mistakes from time to time (as most of us have), that's nothing to worry about because although I think he's a good analyst, I still check his lines for myself before trusting them. I would do that if he were Kasparov, because otherwise, I'm not playing the game for myself, I'm just voting along with someone else.

You've also contributed some good analysis, MrProphylactic, although I've followed less of it because, at first, your posts were hard to read (they've gotten better). I value your input to the game because it's good input. The fact that you're a master is irrelevant to me.

TL;DR: it's about playing the game to the best of our ability--each one of us--and having fun, not about winning at all costs. Don't appeal to your authority as a player, convince us of your moves by showing us why they're right. That way everyone enjoys the game, whether we win or not.



Big Q hits the nail on the head with this post. I was going to make a similar point and realized that he's got it all covered already.

Also, I vote for 8. Nbd4
+ Show Spoiler +

We want to interpose, and this develops the knight and also threatens his knight. I think it works fine and it guards our other knight and in general is awesome.

I'd also like to note that, if we castled during any of the moves I said we should castle we'd be fine now.

+ Show Spoiler +
That is all I have been focusing on, providing accurate analysis. When someone attacks me as a person however I will respond, at this point, this experience is rather comical for me.
I am beginning to see why having this many players of the current average strength is a handicap in this case. But I will try to steer the natives as best I can . Most of the analysis provided by some here is so flawed(after ng5 made it clear about engines) , I would not now where to begin correcting it, .
But... I will try my best time allowed ( unless I lose interest ) to correct any lines i see that have gross tactical mistakes while putting it in simplelist way possible so people can follow. To be honest I do not know why or how I became the center of focus. Being a run of the mill master is really not that big of deal. It is just Ironic at ICC you see the same thing during tourny broadcasts . 1500 know it alls, gets on my nerves a tad sometimes ,However, I will try my best to ignore the phenomenon from now on


EDIT: how can a knight go to D4? that is illegal .
Maybe you mean Nbd2 ???

Ah, yes, that's what I meant. Thanks. Also referring to us as "the natives" isn't very respectful, either to us or the people affected by that kind of stereotype. Please do not do so in the future.

OMG you people just do not know when to give it a rest , I am 50 percent Native American myself and a tribal member( I meant native TL members nothing more, you are trying a little to hard I think to see something where it doesn't exist, and since when is being a Native something negative?????As a Native I take insult to THAT . As a matter of fact we prefer being called " Native Americans" as opposed to "Indians". As a result your entire point makes little sense to me as a "Native" ) I have said I would like to drop this entire issue , but several people just keep rubbing salt in the wounds .
Here is an interesting idea , anyone whom wishes to keep me as a conversational focus try real hard to find a new focus besides me, here is another thought, the chess game . If not then you must be bored indeed .
I never asked for a poll. Or any of these absurd topics that keeps this issue growing .
How can I make this anymore clear. You opinions about me matter very little , and are irrelevant to the game. So please just drop it, so we can return to playing chess. I oferred to take this to another site and settle it OTB, as expected the offer was ignored.
"The Beauty of a move is not in its appearance, but the thought behind it" Nimzovitch
mastergriggy
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1312 Posts
September 08 2011 20:45 GMT
#1068
+ Show Spoiler +
Is anyone worried about 8... Nxd4 9. Nxd4 Qh4 then if 10. Qe2 Nxd2 11. Bxd2 Qxd4 or 10. O-O Nxd2 etc.? It looks like it strengthens black's position.
Write your own song!
qrs
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States3637 Posts
September 08 2011 20:51 GMT
#1069
On September 09 2011 05:25 MrProphylactic wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 09 2011 05:02 Blazinghand wrote:
On September 09 2011 03:48 MrProphylactic wrote:
On September 09 2011 02:50 Blazinghand wrote:
On September 09 2011 02:42 qrs wrote:
On September 09 2011 02:17 MrProphylactic wrote:
( It never ceases to amaze me how 1500 level players know everything about chess. )

MrProphylactic, you're missing the point of the game, I think. From what you've said about yourself, you may very well be the strongest individual player here, but this isn't about who is the strongest player; it's about playing the game as a team and having fun discussing it together. When one of us posts analysis, we're not saying, "Look, I know everything about chess." We're saying, "This is how it seems to me; if you disagree, then show me why I'm wrong." The nice thing about chess is that if you know someone is wrong, you very often can show them exactly why, and that happens, and we learn and everyone is happy. Sometimes it's not easy to prove that your assessment of a given position is correct, but even then, discussion usually leads to a better understanding of the pros and cons of a position and why each person thinks what he does about it.

I haven't been taking anyone's analysis on faith here, and I don't much care what their rating is. I think that jdseemoreglass has been contributing good analysis, not because he impressed me with his rating but because in many cases, when I followed his lines, I couldn't find anything better, or he showed me why something I thought might work was wrong. In other cases, even after discussion with him, I disagreed with his assessment, and in a case or two, it even seemed to me like he had overlooked something outright, but even if he has made mistakes from time to time (as most of us have), that's nothing to worry about because although I think he's a good analyst, I still check his lines for myself before trusting them. I would do that if he were Kasparov, because otherwise, I'm not playing the game for myself, I'm just voting along with someone else.

You've also contributed some good analysis, MrProphylactic, although I've followed less of it because, at first, your posts were hard to read (they've gotten better). I value your input to the game because it's good input. The fact that you're a master is irrelevant to me.

TL;DR: it's about playing the game to the best of our ability--each one of us--and having fun, not about winning at all costs. Don't appeal to your authority as a player, convince us of your moves by showing us why they're right. That way everyone enjoys the game, whether we win or not.



Big Q hits the nail on the head with this post. I was going to make a similar point and realized that he's got it all covered already.

Also, I vote for 8. Nbd4
+ Show Spoiler +

We want to interpose, and this develops the knight and also threatens his knight. I think it works fine and it guards our other knight and in general is awesome.

I'd also like to note that, if we castled during any of the moves I said we should castle we'd be fine now.

+ Show Spoiler +
That is all I have been focusing on, providing accurate analysis. When someone attacks me as a person however I will respond, at this point, this experience is rather comical for me.
I am beginning to see why having this many players of the current average strength is a handicap in this case. But I will try to steer the natives as best I can . Most of the analysis provided by some here is so flawed(after ng5 made it clear about engines) , I would not now where to begin correcting it, .
But... I will try my best time allowed ( unless I lose interest ) to correct any lines i see that have gross tactical mistakes while putting it in simplelist way possible so people can follow. To be honest I do not know why or how I became the center of focus. Being a run of the mill master is really not that big of deal. It is just Ironic at ICC you see the same thing during tourny broadcasts . 1500 know it alls, gets on my nerves a tad sometimes ,However, I will try my best to ignore the phenomenon from now on


EDIT: how can a knight go to D4? that is illegal .
Maybe you mean Nbd2 ???

Ah, yes, that's what I meant. Thanks. Also referring to us as "the natives" isn't very respectful, either to us or the people affected by that kind of stereotype. Please do not do so in the future.

OMG you people just do not know when to give it a rest , I am 50 percent Native American myself and a tribal member( I meant native TL members nothing more, you are trying a little to hard I think to see something where it doesn't exist, and since when is being a Native something negative?????As a Native I take insult to THAT . As a matter of fact we prefer being called " Native Americans" as opposed to "Indians". As a result your entire point makes little sense to me as a "Native" ) I have said I would like to drop this entire issue , but several people just keep rubbing salt in the wounds .
Here is an interesting idea , anyone whom wishes to keep me as a conversational focus try real hard to find a new focus besides me, here is another thought, the chess game . If not then you must be bored indeed .
I never asked for a poll. Or any of these absurd topics that keeps this issue growing .
How can I make this anymore clear. You opinions about me matter very little , and are irrelevant to the game. So please just drop it, so we can return to playing chess. I oferred to take this to another site and settle it OTB, as expected the offer was ignored.
Someone needs to give this man the gift of self-awareness. It's beyond me.
'As per the American Heart Association, the beat of the Bee Gees song "Stayin' Alive" provides an ideal rhythm in terms of beats per minute to use for hands-only CPR. One can also hum Queen's "Another One Bites The Dust".' —Wikipedia
MrProphylactic
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
296 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-08 21:26:11
September 08 2011 21:16 GMT
#1070
On September 09 2011 05:51 qrs wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 09 2011 05:25 MrProphylactic wrote:
On September 09 2011 05:02 Blazinghand wrote:
On September 09 2011 03:48 MrProphylactic wrote:
On September 09 2011 02:50 Blazinghand wrote:
On September 09 2011 02:42 qrs wrote:
On September 09 2011 02:17 MrProphylactic wrote:
( It never ceases to amaze me how 1500 level players know everything about chess. )

MrProphylactic, you're missing the point of the game, I think. From what you've said about yourself, you may very well be the strongest individual player here, but this isn't about who is the strongest player; it's about playing the game as a team and having fun discussing it together. When one of us posts analysis, we're not saying, "Look, I know everything about chess." We're saying, "This is how it seems to me; if you disagree, then show me why I'm wrong." The nice thing about chess is that if you know someone is wrong, you very often can show them exactly why, and that happens, and we learn and everyone is happy. Sometimes it's not easy to prove that your assessment of a given position is correct, but even then, discussion usually leads to a better understanding of the pros and cons of a position and why each person thinks what he does about it.

I haven't been taking anyone's analysis on faith here, and I don't much care what their rating is. I think that jdseemoreglass has been contributing good analysis, not because he impressed me with his rating but because in many cases, when I followed his lines, I couldn't find anything better, or he showed me why something I thought might work was wrong. In other cases, even after discussion with him, I disagreed with his assessment, and in a case or two, it even seemed to me like he had overlooked something outright, but even if he has made mistakes from time to time (as most of us have), that's nothing to worry about because although I think he's a good analyst, I still check his lines for myself before trusting them. I would do that if he were Kasparov, because otherwise, I'm not playing the game for myself, I'm just voting along with someone else.

You've also contributed some good analysis, MrProphylactic, although I've followed less of it because, at first, your posts were hard to read (they've gotten better). I value your input to the game because it's good input. The fact that you're a master is irrelevant to me.

TL;DR: it's about playing the game to the best of our ability--each one of us--and having fun, not about winning at all costs. Don't appeal to your authority as a player, convince us of your moves by showing us why they're right. That way everyone enjoys the game, whether we win or not.



Big Q hits the nail on the head with this post. I was going to make a similar point and realized that he's got it all covered already.

Also, I vote for 8. Nbd4
+ Show Spoiler +

We want to interpose, and this develops the knight and also threatens his knight. I think it works fine and it guards our other knight and in general is awesome.

I'd also like to note that, if we castled during any of the moves I said we should castle we'd be fine now.

+ Show Spoiler +
That is all I have been focusing on, providing accurate analysis. When someone attacks me as a person however I will respond, at this point, this experience is rather comical for me.
I am beginning to see why having this many players of the current average strength is a handicap in this case. But I will try to steer the natives as best I can . Most of the analysis provided by some here is so flawed(after ng5 made it clear about engines) , I would not now where to begin correcting it, .
But... I will try my best time allowed ( unless I lose interest ) to correct any lines i see that have gross tactical mistakes while putting it in simplelist way possible so people can follow. To be honest I do not know why or how I became the center of focus. Being a run of the mill master is really not that big of deal. It is just Ironic at ICC you see the same thing during tourny broadcasts . 1500 know it alls, gets on my nerves a tad sometimes ,However, I will try my best to ignore the phenomenon from now on


EDIT: how can a knight go to D4? that is illegal .
Maybe you mean Nbd2 ???

Ah, yes, that's what I meant. Thanks. Also referring to us as "the natives" isn't very respectful, either to us or the people affected by that kind of stereotype. Please do not do so in the future.

OMG you people just do not know when to give it a rest , I am 50 percent Native American myself and a tribal member( I meant native TL members nothing more, you are trying a little to hard I think to see something where it doesn't exist, and since when is being a Native something negative?????As a Native I take insult to THAT . As a matter of fact we prefer being called " Native Americans" as opposed to "Indians". As a result your entire point makes little sense to me as a "Native" ) I have said I would like to drop this entire issue , but several people just keep rubbing salt in the wounds .
Here is an interesting idea , anyone whom wishes to keep me as a conversational focus try real hard to find a new focus besides me, here is another thought, the chess game . If not then you must be bored indeed .
I never asked for a poll. Or any of these absurd topics that keeps this issue growing .
How can I make this anymore clear. You opinions about me matter very little , and are irrelevant to the game. So please just drop it, so we can return to playing chess. I oferred to take this to another site and settle it OTB, as expected the offer was ignored.
Someone needs to give this man the gift of self-awareness. It's beyond me.

As a result of your posts I Imagine quite a bit is beyond you. Just drop it already .
Am I really that fascinating to hold you're attention for this long ? The hijacking you have managed to induce from chess to me is getting quite boring . May we go back to playing chess now ?
Since your opinion is clearly the one that matters, I thought I would ask you for your permission .
Please find another fixation. Or take your pills, or do whatever it takes .
"The Beauty of a move is not in its appearance, but the thought behind it" Nimzovitch
qrs
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States3637 Posts
September 08 2011 21:26 GMT
#1071
On September 09 2011 05:45 mastergriggy wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
Is anyone worried about 8... Nxd4 9. Nxd4 Qh4 then if 10. Qe2 Nxd2 11. Bxd2 Qxd4 or 10. O-O Nxd2 etc.? It looks like it strengthens black's position.
see this post
'As per the American Heart Association, the beat of the Bee Gees song "Stayin' Alive" provides an ideal rhythm in terms of beats per minute to use for hands-only CPR. One can also hum Queen's "Another One Bites The Dust".' —Wikipedia
MrProphylactic
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
296 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-08 22:19:04
September 08 2011 21:27 GMT
#1072
On September 09 2011 06:26 qrs wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 09 2011 05:45 mastergriggy wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
Is anyone worried about 8... Nxd4 9. Nxd4 Qh4 then if 10. Qe2 Nxd2 11. Bxd2 Qxd4 or 10. O-O Nxd2 etc.? It looks like it strengthens black's position.
see this post



I posted the defense to nxd4 nxn qh4 already , I will edit them into here .


MrProphylactic September 08 2011 13:07. Posts 234 PM Profile Blog Quote Edit #
- Hide Spoiler -

Was looking at Nd2(which is most likely goingt o be my vote) and I got worried all of a sudden about this line . Bb4 nd2 nxd4 nxd4 qh4 .
Edit ; But,now I think I see the defense, someone correct me if I am wrong here, but if he tries this I believe white gets a winning position from this defense. Bb4 nd2 nxd4 nxd4 qh4 0-0 nxd2 nf5!? qg5 and bd3. Winning for white as the knight is trapped . Any one see anything wrong with this ? Can the knight get out, looks trapped to me . Gonna look at it a little longer then vote
P.S. There are some interesting bd2 lines as well .


Then qrs sees qe4 as an alternate that leads to equality but I disagree . The move qe4 also leads to a losing endgame after the moves. bb4 nd2 nxd4 nxd4 qh4 0-0 nxd2 nf5 qe4 nxg7 !

After nxg7 all moves are losing . If king x knight white merely plays qc3 . If rg8 then white has qg5.
Hitting the d8 square . The best line for black to try is probably ....qe4 nxg7+ kf8 qxb qg6 bxd7 kxn qc3 bxb e6+dc qf6 pxb..... edit ( left qxbd2 after kf8 out, put it in the line )
leading to a winning endgame after we trade down queens with a pawn on the 7th rank we have an easy task of overworking blacks rooks . I would rate it as a technical win, although it takes endgame skills to win this, the pawn on d7 will be enough .
"The Beauty of a move is not in its appearance, but the thought behind it" Nimzovitch
mastergriggy
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1312 Posts
September 08 2011 21:33 GMT
#1073
Okay thanks for the clarification. I missed Nf5 which completely shuts it down.
Write your own song!
MrProphylactic
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
296 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-08 21:50:57
September 08 2011 21:37 GMT
#1074
On September 09 2011 06:33 mastergriggy wrote:
Okay thanks for the clarification. I missed Nf5 which completely shuts it down.



NP glad to help . Yeah, nf5 shuts it down , qrs sees qe4 as = I give the refutation above for qe4 in the last post . It is also losing in a quite a forcing way .
"The Beauty of a move is not in its appearance, but the thought behind it" Nimzovitch
Porta-
Profile Joined December 2010
Norway46 Posts
September 08 2011 21:39 GMT
#1075
On September 09 2011 06:27 MrProphylactic wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
On September 09 2011 06:26 qrs wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 09 2011 05:45 mastergriggy wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
Is anyone worried about 8... Nxd4 9. Nxd4 Qh4 then if 10. Qe2 Nxd2 11. Bxd2 Qxd4 or 10. O-O Nxd2 etc.? It looks like it strengthens black's position.
see this post



I posted the defense to nxd4 nxn qh4 already , I will edit them into here .


MrProphylactic September 08 2011 13:07. Posts 234 PM Profile Blog Quote Edit #
- Hide Spoiler -

Was looking at Nd2(which is most likely goingt o be my vote) and I got worried all of a sudden about this line . Bb4 nd2 nxd4 nxd4 qh4 .
Edit ; But,now I think I see the defense, someone correct me if I am wrong here, but if he tries this I believe white gets a winning position from this defense. Bb4 nd2 nxd4 nxd4 qh4 0-0 nxd2 nf5!? qg5 and bd3. Winning for white as the knight is trapped . Any one see anything wrong with this ? Can the knight get out, looks trapped to me . Gonna look at it a little longer then vote
P.S. There are some interesting bd2 lines as well .


Then qrs sees qe4 as an alternate that leads to equality but I disagree . The move qe4 also leads to a losing endgame after the moves. bb4 nd2 nxd4 nxd4 qh4 0-0 nxd2 nf5 qe4 nxg7 !

After nxg7 all moves are losing . If king x knight white merely plays qc3 . If rg8 then white has qg5.
The best line for black to try is probably ....qe4 nxg7+ qg6 bxd7 kxn qc3 bxb e6+dc qf6 pxb
leading to a winning endgame after we tarde down queens with a pawn on the 7th rank


I think you should put this in a spoiler tag :-p
qrs
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States3637 Posts
September 08 2011 21:47 GMT
#1076
On September 09 2011 06:27 MrProphylactic wrote:
Then qrs sees qe4 as an alternate that leads to equality.
I never said that.
'As per the American Heart Association, the beat of the Bee Gees song "Stayin' Alive" provides an ideal rhythm in terms of beats per minute to use for hands-only CPR. One can also hum Queen's "Another One Bites The Dust".' —Wikipedia
MrProphylactic
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
296 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-08 22:15:26
September 08 2011 21:52 GMT
#1077
On September 09 2011 06:47 qrs wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 09 2011 06:27 MrProphylactic wrote:
Then qrs sees qe4 as an alternate that leads to equality.
I never said that.


Ok you just said material equality, my bad .

Edit: Qf4 leads to some fantastic winning lines as well. leads to the same nxg7 ideas but in some lines our knight comes to h5 with tempo afterwards.And a few of them are very messy indeed . I may throw a few up for fun . I spent hours on these qf4 lines last night some of them are very long and complicated ( just because these positions were in vogue 40 years ago , I never take for granted improvements are not possible) . kind of want to show them off . lol
"The Beauty of a move is not in its appearance, but the thought behind it" Nimzovitch
wuBu
Profile Joined February 2011
United States83 Posts
September 08 2011 22:14 GMT
#1078
8. Nbd2
"It's the way that I'm living that makes me who I am. It's the things I do that you wouldn't understand."
MrProphylactic
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
296 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-08 22:33:44
September 08 2011 22:33 GMT
#1079
Once a democratic majority is reached for a given move, do we have to wait the entire span of three days? Because we may be getting close to one .
"The Beauty of a move is not in its appearance, but the thought behind it" Nimzovitch
imBLIND
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
United States2626 Posts
September 08 2011 22:38 GMT
#1080
8. Nbd2
im deaf
Prev 1 52 53 54 55 56 140 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Kung Fu Cup
20:00
Kung Fu Cup Weekly #26
IntoTheiNu 1092
RotterdaM631
SteadfastSC308
TKL 235
Rex126
CosmosSc2 39
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 631
SteadfastSC 308
TKL 235
Rex 126
ProTech106
CosmosSc2 39
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 44392
Calm 3459
Shuttle 2751
Jaedong 1839
Horang2 756
Mini 567
Rush 425
EffOrt 387
Soma 349
Soulkey 346
[ Show more ]
Stork 319
ZerO 248
Larva 239
BeSt 206
Snow 204
firebathero 121
Mong 119
Zeus 98
910 78
hero 74
Mind 72
sorry 68
Free 62
Sharp 49
Hyun 49
Shine 39
Shinee 37
PianO 34
ToSsGirL 29
Pusan 28
Terrorterran 23
JYJ 22
Sexy 20
Aegong 19
Bale 19
HiyA 18
Killer 17
scan(afreeca) 14
Rock 11
Hm[arnc] 10
Sacsri 8
Dota 2
Gorgc5357
Dendi1150
420jenkins87
Counter-Strike
fl0m2935
Fnx 624
x6flipin114
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King98
ChuDatz26
Other Games
singsing2185
hiko810
Liquid`RaSZi651
B2W.Neo393
crisheroes360
dupreeh286
ceh9252
DeMusliM212
Khaldor203
Livibee193
Pyrionflax176
Liquid`VortiX147
Hui .122
Trikslyr92
QueenE71
ZerO(Twitch)17
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 323
Other Games
BasetradeTV228
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream32
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH241
• mYiSmile116
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV62
League of Legends
• Nemesis2132
• Jankos1661
• TFBlade624
Other Games
• Shiphtur551
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
1h 15m
The PondCast
19h 15m
INu's Battles
20h 15m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 7h
Replay Cast
1d 8h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
Patches Events
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.