• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:37
CEST 03:37
KST 10:37
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8929 users

TL Chess Match 4 - Page 52

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 50 51 52 53 54 140 Next
qrs
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States3637 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-08 06:50:47
September 08 2011 06:49 GMT
#1021
On September 08 2011 15:36 jdseemoreglass wrote:
100% of the vote is going to the same move before we have even discussed or analyzed the differences? It's a shame, because we have a fantastic novelty in this position.

I vote for 8. Qd2!
+ Show Spoiler +
This is clearly the best move in this position. I keep in touch with a lot of Grandmasters and they all say this is the new uber-modern standard at the highest levels of competition. We give up our queen in exchange for black's minor pieces. After the exchange is over, we will have a minor piece majority, which is more powerful than a single queen, especially with our immobile center. Honestly I think it would be a mistake for black to accept this gambit, because the initiative we gain is too dangerous.
I think you're overlooking the fact that + Show Spoiler +
Black doesn't have to accept this gambit. He has the dangerous alternative 8...Nxf2!, taking advantage of the temporary pin on our Queen to weaken our Kingside and threaten our Rook. Since the pin prevents 9. Qxf2, we are forced to make the capture with our King, eliminating the possibility of castling. Black follows up with 9... Qh4+; if we capture Queen with Knight, then our King is even more exposed, along the f-file. 10...0-0 and we are left with this position.
[image loading]
White to play

Black's King is snug as a bug in a rug, whereas our King is completely out in the open, unable to castle and undefended. Soon Black will play ...f6 to open the f-file and bring his Rook into the attack. In exchange for all this, we do have a slight material advantage, but can we really keep it and survive long enough for it to tell? I strongly advise against going into this line if we can help it.
Please read my analysis and reconsider your vote.
'As per the American Heart Association, the beat of the Bee Gees song "Stayin' Alive" provides an ideal rhythm in terms of beats per minute to use for hands-only CPR. One can also hum Queen's "Another One Bites The Dust".' —Wikipedia
jdseemoreglass
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States3773 Posts
September 08 2011 06:52 GMT
#1022
On September 08 2011 15:49 qrs wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 08 2011 15:36 jdseemoreglass wrote:
100% of the vote is going to the same move before we have even discussed or analyzed the differences? It's a shame, because we have a fantastic novelty in this position.

I vote for 8. Qd2!
+ Show Spoiler +
This is clearly the best move in this position. I keep in touch with a lot of Grandmasters and they all say this is the new uber-modern standard at the highest levels of competition. We give up our queen in exchange for black's minor pieces. After the exchange is over, we will have a minor piece majority, which is more powerful than a single queen, especially with our immobile center. Honestly I think it would be a mistake for black to accept this gambit, because the initiative we gain is too dangerous.
I think you're overlooking the fact that + Show Spoiler +
Black doesn't have to accept this gambit. He has the dangerous alternative 8...Nxf2!, taking advantage of the temporary pin on our Queen to weaken our Kingside and threaten our Rook. Since the pin prevents 9. Qxf2, we are forced to make the capture with our King, eliminating the possibility of castling. Black follows up with 9... Qh4+; if we capture Queen with Knight, then our King is even more exposed, along the f-file. 10...0-0 and we are left with this position.
[image loading]
White to play

Black's King is snug as a bug in a rug, whereas our King is completely out in the open, unable to castle and undefended. Soon Black will play ...f6 to open the f-file and bring his Rook into the attack. In exchange for all this, we do have a slight material advantage, but can we really keep it and survive long enough for it to tell? I strongly advise against going into this line if we can help it.
Please read my analysis and reconsider your vote.

Wow, that's some excellent analysis qrs. I underestimated your strength as a player.

However, I would argue that you underestimate the strength of the King as an attacking piece in the midgame. The fact that our King is already developed and black's is trapped in the corner with no scope lends me to believe we are actually favored here.
"If you want this forum to be full of half-baked philosophy discussions between pompous faggots like yourself forever, stay the course captain vanilla" - FakeSteve[TPR], 2006
qrs
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States3637 Posts
September 08 2011 07:00 GMT
#1023
On September 08 2011 15:52 jdseemoreglass wrote:
Wow, that's some excellent analysis qrs. I underestimated your strength as a player.

However, I would argue + Show Spoiler +
that you underestimate the strength of the King as an attacking piece in the midgame. The fact that our King is already developed and black's is trapped in the corner with no scope lends me to believe we are actually favored here.
Hmm, you may have a point. I'll need to do further analysis to decide what I think about this position.

You should spoiler that stuff, though. The best strategy in the world won't help us if Ng5 knows what's coming. + Show Spoiler +
Our King is best as a surprise weapon.
'As per the American Heart Association, the beat of the Bee Gees song "Stayin' Alive" provides an ideal rhythm in terms of beats per minute to use for hands-only CPR. One can also hum Queen's "Another One Bites The Dust".' —Wikipedia
Malinor
Profile Joined November 2008
Germany4758 Posts
September 08 2011 08:23 GMT
#1024
8. Nbd2
"Withstand. Suffer. Live as you must now live. There will, one day, be answer to this." ||| "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come."
Malli
Profile Joined September 2005
Germany138 Posts
September 08 2011 13:03 GMT
#1025
8. Nbd2
gg no re
chesshaha
Profile Joined March 2010
United States1117 Posts
September 08 2011 14:50 GMT
#1026
8. Nbd2

+ Show Spoiler +
I was considering Kf1 was an option, but after further analyzing Nbd2, I feel this is pretty safe to play. I am 99% sure Nbd2 will get picked as our move, and I feel the best response for black is to castle. We should also castle if he choose to play it this way.
"Hopefully you're not the real TLO so it's not casted" - SpecialK
Snarfs
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada1006 Posts
September 08 2011 14:58 GMT
#1027
8. Nbd2
jdseemoreglass
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States3773 Posts
September 08 2011 15:15 GMT
#1028
I wonder if anyone has alternate TL accounts they are using to stuff the ballot box? O.o

That would be a shame, but I guess there would be little way to prove it, except maybe checking IP's.
"If you want this forum to be full of half-baked philosophy discussions between pompous faggots like yourself forever, stay the course captain vanilla" - FakeSteve[TPR], 2006
qrs
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States3637 Posts
September 08 2011 15:24 GMT
#1029
On September 09 2011 00:15 jdseemoreglass wrote:
I wonder if anyone has alternate TL accounts they are using to stuff the ballot box? O.o
Personally I doubt it, although as you say it would be hard to tell.

Votes

8. Nbd2: 14 (qrs, hype[NZ], Picklesickle, itsjustatank, BaronFel, Jumbled, EvilNalu, TNT0677, Babyfactory, mcc, Malinor, Malli, chesshaha, Snarfs)
8. Qd2: 1 (jdseemoretroll)
[image loading]
'As per the American Heart Association, the beat of the Bee Gees song "Stayin' Alive" provides an ideal rhythm in terms of beats per minute to use for hands-only CPR. One can also hum Queen's "Another One Bites The Dust".' —Wikipedia
jdseemoreglass
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States3773 Posts
September 08 2011 15:31 GMT
#1030
On September 09 2011 00:24 qrs wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 09 2011 00:15 jdseemoreglass wrote:
I wonder if anyone has alternate TL accounts they are using to stuff the ballot box? O.o
Personally I doubt it, although as you say it would be hard to tell.

Votes

8. Nbd2: 14 (qrs, hype[NZ], Picklesickle, itsjustatank, BaronFel, Jumbled, EvilNalu, TNT0677, Babyfactory, mcc, Malinor, Malli, chesshaha, Snarfs)
8. Qd2: 1 (jdseemoretroll)
[image loading]

lol I laughed for like 5 minutes when I saw this. You almost made me choke on my mini-wheats.
"If you want this forum to be full of half-baked philosophy discussions between pompous faggots like yourself forever, stay the course captain vanilla" - FakeSteve[TPR], 2006
MrProphylactic
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
296 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-08 16:29:11
September 08 2011 16:16 GMT
#1031
On September 08 2011 15:36 jdseemoreglass wrote:
100% of the vote is going to the same move before we have even discussed or analyzed the differences? It's a shame, because we have a fantastic novelty in this position.

I vote for 8. Qd2!
+ Show Spoiler +
This is clearly the best move in this position. I keep in touch with a lot of Grandmasters and they all say this is the new uber-modern standard at the highest levels of competition. We give up our queen in exchange for black's minor pieces. After the exchange is over, we will have a minor piece majority, which is more powerful than a single queen, especially with our immobile center. Honestly I think it would be a mistake for black to accept this gambit, because the initiative we gain is too dangerous.


[image loading]




+ Show Spoiler +
What the hell are you smoking this move loses instantly, I surely hope this is your idea of a joke ,
A queen for 2 minors is a horrible trade(unless we had some sort of tactical compensation,which we do not) . A queen is worth 9 points a minor piece 3 points . It takes three minor pieces to equal a queen or at least two minors and two pawns to get general compensation .
There is no way a Gm would EVER make this move . Please no one vote this , unless you want the game to be over in about ten moves . I would rate this position down at least six pawns worth for white . Meaning insantly and beyond recoverability..... losing . There is absolutrely no reason to sacrifice such a great deal of material so soon for absolutely zero compensation .
"The Beauty of a move is not in its appearance, but the thought behind it" Nimzovitch
Sm3agol
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States2055 Posts
September 08 2011 16:25 GMT
#1032
On September 09 2011 01:16 MrProphylactic wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 08 2011 15:36 jdseemoreglass wrote:
100% of the vote is going to the same move before we have even discussed or analyzed the differences? It's a shame, because we have a fantastic novelty in this position.

I vote for 8. Qd2!
+ Show Spoiler +
This is clearly the best move in this position. I keep in touch with a lot of Grandmasters and they all say this is the new uber-modern standard at the highest levels of competition. We give up our queen in exchange for black's minor pieces. After the exchange is over, we will have a minor piece majority, which is more powerful than a single queen, especially with our immobile center. Honestly I think it would be a mistake for black to accept this gambit, because the initiative we gain is too dangerous.


[image loading]




+ Show Spoiler +
What the hell are you smoking this move loses instantly, a queen for 2 minors is a horrible trade(unless we had some sort of tactical compensation,which we do not) . A queen is worth 9 points a minor piece 3 points . It takes three minor pieces to equal a queen or at least two minors and two pawns to get general compensation pawn . I challenge you to show me one game where this move is played , show me one . Please no one vote this , unless you want the game to be over in about ten moves . I would rate this position down at least six pawns worth for white . Meaning insantly and beyond recoverability..... losing . There is absolutrely no reason to sacrifice such a great deal of material so soon .

I think you might have missed the cute little image below his suggestion.
mastergriggy
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1312 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-08 16:28:07
September 08 2011 16:26 GMT
#1033
8.Nbd2

+ Show Spoiler +
I mean it's either that or Bd2, but I'd prefer to keep my Bishop on the board as the position is open.


Edit: Qrs, you're analysis is perfect. I just got to throw that out there haha
Write your own song!
Sm3agol
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States2055 Posts
September 08 2011 16:28 GMT
#1034
Nbd2.

+ Show Spoiler +
Really the only known solid answer. If this was a timed game, or vs someone without 3 days to study it and make a move, then I would consider other lulzy shenanigans, but in a correspondence game like this.......go for the fairly well known until it starts getting really muddy. He's not going to make a bad snap decision.
MrProphylactic
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
296 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-08 16:35:25
September 08 2011 16:30 GMT
#1035
On September 09 2011 01:25 Sm3agol wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 09 2011 01:16 MrProphylactic wrote:
On September 08 2011 15:36 jdseemoreglass wrote:
100% of the vote is going to the same move before we have even discussed or analyzed the differences? It's a shame, because we have a fantastic novelty in this position.

I vote for 8. Qd2!
+ Show Spoiler +
This is clearly the best move in this position. I keep in touch with a lot of Grandmasters and they all say this is the new uber-modern standard at the highest levels of competition. We give up our queen in exchange for black's minor pieces. After the exchange is over, we will have a minor piece majority, which is more powerful than a single queen, especially with our immobile center. Honestly I think it would be a mistake for black to accept this gambit, because the initiative we gain is too dangerous.


[image loading]




+ Show Spoiler +
What the hell are you smoking this move loses instantly, a queen for 2 minors is a horrible trade(unless we had some sort of tactical compensation,which we do not) . A queen is worth 9 points a minor piece 3 points . It takes three minor pieces to equal a queen or at least two minors and two pawns to get general compensation pawn . I challenge you to show me one game where this move is played , show me one . Please no one vote this , unless you want the game to be over in about ten moves . I would rate this position down at least six pawns worth for white . Meaning insantly and beyond recoverability..... losing . There is absolutrely no reason to sacrifice such a great deal of material so soon .

I think you might have missed the cute little image below his suggestion.



I was hoping it was a joke .Although after reading some prior analysis it really would not shock me that much if it wasn't .... not funny
"The Beauty of a move is not in its appearance, but the thought behind it" Nimzovitch
jdseemoreglass
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States3773 Posts
September 08 2011 16:31 GMT
#1036
On September 09 2011 01:16 MrProphylactic wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 08 2011 15:36 jdseemoreglass wrote:
100% of the vote is going to the same move before we have even discussed or analyzed the differences? It's a shame, because we have a fantastic novelty in this position.

I vote for 8. Qd2!
+ Show Spoiler +
This is clearly the best move in this position. I keep in touch with a lot of Grandmasters and they all say this is the new uber-modern standard at the highest levels of competition. We give up our queen in exchange for black's minor pieces. After the exchange is over, we will have a minor piece majority, which is more powerful than a single queen, especially with our immobile center. Honestly I think it would be a mistake for black to accept this gambit, because the initiative we gain is too dangerous.


[image loading]




+ Show Spoiler +
What the hell are you smoking this move loses instantly, I surely hope this is your idea of a joke ,
A queen for 2 minors is a horrible trade(unless we had some sort of tactical compensation,which we do not) . A queen is worth 9 points a minor piece 3 points . It takes three minor pieces to equal a queen or at least two minors and two pawns to get general compensation .
There is no way a Gm would EVER make this move . Please no one vote this , unless you want the game to be over in about ten moves . I would rate this position down at least six pawns worth for white . Meaning insantly and beyond recoverability..... losing . There is absolutrely no reason to sacrifice such a great deal of material so soon for absolutely zero compensation .

LOL!

omg, this just keeps getting better, I'm laughing hysterically. I never realized my post would have made my whole day. I've honestly gotta start trolling more often.
"If you want this forum to be full of half-baked philosophy discussions between pompous faggots like yourself forever, stay the course captain vanilla" - FakeSteve[TPR], 2006
MrProphylactic
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
296 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-08 16:39:15
September 08 2011 16:38 GMT
#1037
On September 09 2011 01:31 jdseemoreglass wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 09 2011 01:16 MrProphylactic wrote:
On September 08 2011 15:36 jdseemoreglass wrote:
100% of the vote is going to the same move before we have even discussed or analyzed the differences? It's a shame, because we have a fantastic novelty in this position.

I vote for 8. Qd2!
+ Show Spoiler +
This is clearly the best move in this position. I keep in touch with a lot of Grandmasters and they all say this is the new uber-modern standard at the highest levels of competition. We give up our queen in exchange for black's minor pieces. After the exchange is over, we will have a minor piece majority, which is more powerful than a single queen, especially with our immobile center. Honestly I think it would be a mistake for black to accept this gambit, because the initiative we gain is too dangerous.


[image loading]




+ Show Spoiler +
What the hell are you smoking this move loses instantly, I surely hope this is your idea of a joke ,
A queen for 2 minors is a horrible trade(unless we had some sort of tactical compensation,which we do not) . A queen is worth 9 points a minor piece 3 points . It takes three minor pieces to equal a queen or at least two minors and two pawns to get general compensation .
There is no way a Gm would EVER make this move . Please no one vote this , unless you want the game to be over in about ten moves . I would rate this position down at least six pawns worth for white . Meaning insantly and beyond recoverability..... losing . There is absolutrely no reason to sacrifice such a great deal of material so soon for absolutely zero compensation .

LOL!

omg, this just keeps getting better, I'm laughing hysterically. I never realized my post would have made my whole day. I've honestly gotta start trolling more often.

Lol , after seeing what youv'e had to say about chess, and prior analysis, this being your actual thoughts on the position would not be shocking to me at all . But I am glad your not that weak , once you turn your engines off
"The Beauty of a move is not in its appearance, but the thought behind it" Nimzovitch
mastergriggy
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1312 Posts
September 08 2011 16:40 GMT
#1038
On September 09 2011 01:38 MrProphylactic wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 09 2011 01:31 jdseemoreglass wrote:
On September 09 2011 01:16 MrProphylactic wrote:
On September 08 2011 15:36 jdseemoreglass wrote:
100% of the vote is going to the same move before we have even discussed or analyzed the differences? It's a shame, because we have a fantastic novelty in this position.

I vote for 8. Qd2!
+ Show Spoiler +
This is clearly the best move in this position. I keep in touch with a lot of Grandmasters and they all say this is the new uber-modern standard at the highest levels of competition. We give up our queen in exchange for black's minor pieces. After the exchange is over, we will have a minor piece majority, which is more powerful than a single queen, especially with our immobile center. Honestly I think it would be a mistake for black to accept this gambit, because the initiative we gain is too dangerous.


[image loading]




+ Show Spoiler +
What the hell are you smoking this move loses instantly, I surely hope this is your idea of a joke ,
A queen for 2 minors is a horrible trade(unless we had some sort of tactical compensation,which we do not) . A queen is worth 9 points a minor piece 3 points . It takes three minor pieces to equal a queen or at least two minors and two pawns to get general compensation .
There is no way a Gm would EVER make this move . Please no one vote this , unless you want the game to be over in about ten moves . I would rate this position down at least six pawns worth for white . Meaning insantly and beyond recoverability..... losing . There is absolutrely no reason to sacrifice such a great deal of material so soon for absolutely zero compensation .

LOL!

omg, this just keeps getting better, I'm laughing hysterically. I never realized my post would have made my whole day. I've honestly gotta start trolling more often.

Lol , after seeing what youv'e had to say about chess, and prior analysis, this being your actual thoughts on the position would not be shocking to me at all . But I am glad your not that weak , once you turn your engines off


lol it was pretty obvious he was joking....
Write your own song!
MrProphylactic
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
296 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-08 16:57:01
September 08 2011 16:48 GMT
#1039
On September 08 2011 13:29 qrs wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 08 2011 13:07 MrProphylactic wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
Was looking at Nd2(which is most likely goingt o be my vote) and I got worried all of a sudden about this line . Bb4 nd2 nxd4 nxd4 qh4 .
Edit ; But,now I think I see the defense, someone correct me if I am wrong here, but if he tries this I believe white gets a winning position from this defense. Bb4 nd2 nxd4 nxd4 qh4 0-0 nxd2 nf5!? qg5 and bd3. Winning for white as the knight is trapped . Any one see anything wrong with this ? Can the knight get out, looks trapped to me . Gonna look at it a little longer then vote
P.S. There are some interesting bd2 lines as well .
Well, it looks to me that Black stays even on material if he plays + Show Spoiler +
...Qe4 instead of ...Qg5 in your line
but the position still looks better for us there.



+ Show Spoiler +
In your abohve post you mention qe4 a leading to equality I must disagree .
If he playes qe4 after nf5 we play ng7 check .. I guess I should put every line ( which also looks winning ) Something like this . BB4 nd2 nxd4 nxd4 qh4 0-0 nxn nf5 qe4 nxg7+ kf8 bxd2 .. After bxd2 if black tries king x knight on g7 , he finds himself in the most unpleasant position after qc3 setting up discovered attacks and 7th rank pressure . If something like rg8 we have qg5 . If black tries qg6 the following line emergers . Qg6 bxd7! qxn qc3 bxb e6 +dc qf6 exd7 . We following up by trading queens and have a winning endgame with a pawn on d7 . This line may be LESS losing than the other one though for black . But far from equal, in fact losing in everyline I look at .
"The Beauty of a move is not in its appearance, but the thought behind it" Nimzovitch
jdseemoreglass
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States3773 Posts
September 08 2011 16:53 GMT
#1040
On September 09 2011 01:38 MrProphylactic wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 09 2011 01:31 jdseemoreglass wrote:
On September 09 2011 01:16 MrProphylactic wrote:
On September 08 2011 15:36 jdseemoreglass wrote:
100% of the vote is going to the same move before we have even discussed or analyzed the differences? It's a shame, because we have a fantastic novelty in this position.

I vote for 8. Qd2!
+ Show Spoiler +
This is clearly the best move in this position. I keep in touch with a lot of Grandmasters and they all say this is the new uber-modern standard at the highest levels of competition. We give up our queen in exchange for black's minor pieces. After the exchange is over, we will have a minor piece majority, which is more powerful than a single queen, especially with our immobile center. Honestly I think it would be a mistake for black to accept this gambit, because the initiative we gain is too dangerous.


[image loading]




+ Show Spoiler +
What the hell are you smoking this move loses instantly, I surely hope this is your idea of a joke ,
A queen for 2 minors is a horrible trade(unless we had some sort of tactical compensation,which we do not) . A queen is worth 9 points a minor piece 3 points . It takes three minor pieces to equal a queen or at least two minors and two pawns to get general compensation .
There is no way a Gm would EVER make this move . Please no one vote this , unless you want the game to be over in about ten moves . I would rate this position down at least six pawns worth for white . Meaning insantly and beyond recoverability..... losing . There is absolutrely no reason to sacrifice such a great deal of material so soon for absolutely zero compensation .

LOL!

omg, this just keeps getting better, I'm laughing hysterically. I never realized my post would have made my whole day. I've honestly gotta start trolling more often.

Lol , after seeing what youv'e had to say about chess, and prior analysis, this being your actual thoughts on the position would not be shocking to me at all . But I am glad your not that weak , once you turn your engines off

I don't need an engine to tell me that a master wouldn't really favor Qe2. Also, my analysis is weak but you accuse me of using an engine? Isn't that contradictory?

Anyway, you shouldn't take things so seriously. Lighten up a little please.
"If you want this forum to be full of half-baked philosophy discussions between pompous faggots like yourself forever, stay the course captain vanilla" - FakeSteve[TPR], 2006
Prev 1 50 51 52 53 54 140 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
PiGosaur Cup
09:00
#102
CranKy Ducklings63
davetesta34
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ByuN 272
RuFF_SC2 107
CosmosSc2 74
WinterStarcraft46
ViBE28
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2041
GuemChi 1371
Artosis 622
910 44
Bale 19
MaD[AoV]16
Dota 2
monkeys_forever373
LuMiX1
Counter-Strike
taco 467
minikerr14
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox693
Other Games
summit1g7939
Day[9].tv761
shahzam679
JimRising 631
C9.Mang0365
Trikslyr39
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick867
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream23
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP35
• EnkiAlexander 13
• Letter145
• Hinosc 3
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv761
• Shiphtur643
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
14h 23m
The PondCast
1d 8h
INu's Battles
1d 9h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 20h
Replay Cast
1d 21h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.