• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:12
CEST 11:12
KST 18:12
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)76Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8757 users

Ultra Street Fighter IV - Page 464

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 462 463 464 465 466 668 Next
Check out the new Street Fighter V Thread
rebdomine
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
6040 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-10-13 02:05:40
October 13 2014 01:57 GMT
#9261
Xian bringing out a pocket Sagat vs Snake Eyes in TFC. I wonder if he can finally beat Zangief players.

EDIT: And Snake Eyes resets the brackets.

EDIT 2:And Xian finally goes back to Poison.

EDIT 3: And he switches back to Gen. He's going crazy.
"Just because you are correct doesn't mean you are right!"
Trumpet
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States1936 Posts
October 13 2014 02:10 GMT
#9262
Was hoping Pepeday would win this one, but Snake Eyez winning is plenty good too
kuresuti
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
1393 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-10-13 02:14:07
October 13 2014 02:11 GMT
#9263
Xian looked similar to how he looked during the FT10 versus Daigo

Snake Eyez is just fucking impossible, I'm getting annoyed just watching. He's playing the most solid Street Fighter I've ever seen. The way he has been playing since EVO he might be the best player in the world right now (along with Bon-chan).

EDIT: And Luffy, those three are in the running for currently best player. Placing very high if not outright winning in every damn tournament they enter. Pretty fitting they were all top 4 at EVO too
KillerSOS
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States4207 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-10-13 15:34:16
October 13 2014 15:29 GMT
#9264
How is Netplay on PC? I've been considering getting back into fighting games, but I don't own a console anymore and I can't travel that much...

also: pads for PC, are they transferable to the tourney scene on console?
kuresuti
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
1393 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-10-13 15:45:20
October 13 2014 15:37 GMT
#9265
On October 14 2014 00:29 KillerSOS wrote:
How is Netplay on PC? I've been considering getting back into fighting games, but I don't own a console anymore and I can't travel that much...


Very inconsistent. Sometimes it's fine but most of the time you get random lagspikes and bad connections to people who you should have good connections to. There is a patch coming up in October (31st of October if I know my software companies right), I'd wait to see if the patch fixes anything before picking it up to be honest.

EDIT: As for pads, yeah just get one that is compatible with Xbox or PS3 and it should work on PC too most of the time.
KillerSOS
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States4207 Posts
October 13 2014 15:56 GMT
#9266
On October 14 2014 00:37 kuresuti wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 14 2014 00:29 KillerSOS wrote:
How is Netplay on PC? I've been considering getting back into fighting games, but I don't own a console anymore and I can't travel that much...


Very inconsistent. Sometimes it's fine but most of the time you get random lagspikes and bad connections to people who you should have good connections to. There is a patch coming up in October (31st of October if I know my software companies right), I'd wait to see if the patch fixes anything before picking it up to be honest.

EDIT: As for pads, yeah just get one that is compatible with Xbox or PS3 and it should work on PC too most of the time.


Awesome thanks. What's the best basic sticks for PC that are compatible with the consoles? I don't want anything flashy, but obviously good enough quality to be worthwhile.
kuresuti
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
1393 Posts
October 13 2014 16:10 GMT
#9267
On October 14 2014 00:56 KillerSOS wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 14 2014 00:37 kuresuti wrote:
On October 14 2014 00:29 KillerSOS wrote:
How is Netplay on PC? I've been considering getting back into fighting games, but I don't own a console anymore and I can't travel that much...


Very inconsistent. Sometimes it's fine but most of the time you get random lagspikes and bad connections to people who you should have good connections to. There is a patch coming up in October (31st of October if I know my software companies right), I'd wait to see if the patch fixes anything before picking it up to be honest.

EDIT: As for pads, yeah just get one that is compatible with Xbox or PS3 and it should work on PC too most of the time.


Awesome thanks. What's the best basic sticks for PC that are compatible with the consoles? I don't want anything flashy, but obviously good enough quality to be worthwhile.


There is a lot to be said about sticks, but check out this tier list. Sticks are expensive and the general consensus seems to be that the cheaper ones are not worth it. If you are really interested and have the money to spare I'd get one from the A-tier and above. I have the MadCatz FS Pro.

I have actually only played on that one stick so I don't know how accurate this tier list is, but it gets posted all the time so I guess it's fairly accurate.
Duka08
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
3391 Posts
October 13 2014 16:11 GMT
#9268
On October 14 2014 00:29 KillerSOS wrote:
How is Netplay on PC? I've been considering getting back into fighting games, but I don't own a console anymore and I can't travel that much...

also: pads for PC, are they transferable to the tourney scene on console?

If you have a reliably good connection to the person you're playing against (say, a friend relatively nearby?) I think PC netode is some of the best right now. But against players in general, as mentioned, it's incredibly inconsistent and FRUSTRATING. Even looking for matches is frustrating because of how long it takes to ping the list of opponents and such. They have been working on stuff in a beta so hopefully that addresses some issues.
Aando
Profile Joined August 2011
1304 Posts
October 13 2014 18:44 GMT
#9269
On October 14 2014 00:29 KillerSOS wrote:
How is Netplay on PC? I've been considering getting back into fighting games, but I don't own a console anymore and I can't travel that much...

also: pads for PC, are they transferable to the tourney scene on console?

Since the steam migration I've almost exclusively played people from Scandinavia, Germany, Netherlands and Poland i.e people I know are near me and it has worked decently while countries further away like Spain, Italy and Turkey are almost guaranteed to be unplayable or close to unplayable.

The connection bars say shit atm and can't be trusted at all. I honestly don't know how people from the US play PC online atm since you have no way of knowing where in the US the opponent is from.
Firkraag8
Profile Joined August 2010
Sweden1006 Posts
October 14 2014 05:12 GMT
#9270
http://steamcommunity.com/games/45760/announcements/detail/134305379741703227

Tomorrow!!
Too weird to live, too rare to die.
kuresuti
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
1393 Posts
October 14 2014 11:45 GMT
#9271
On October 14 2014 14:12 Firkraag8 wrote:
http://steamcommunity.com/games/45760/announcements/detail/134305379741703227

Tomorrow!!


God I wish it would go back to how it was before Steamworks... Let's hope this patch does something at least.
MarlieChurphy
Profile Blog Joined January 2013
United States2065 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-10-15 04:18:15
October 15 2014 04:16 GMT
#9272
Great set here
snakeyes vs pepeday


PS- Supercade is in danger of closing down for good as it cost too much per month for damdai to run it. Unless community pays it gonna die.

And GGPO has been intermittently down the last couple of weeks. Maybe DDOS again T_T
RIP SPOR 11/24/11 NEVAR FORGET
kuresuti
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
1393 Posts
October 15 2014 16:56 GMT
#9273
So I've been playing almost a couple of hours with the new patch. For me there aren't any differences to how it was before. It lags a bit more in the training mode with fight request enabled, that's all
KillerSOS
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States4207 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-10-15 21:32:58
October 15 2014 21:32 GMT
#9274
What do you guys think of fight pads? Not sure I'm quite ready to drop ~~150 on a decent stick.
Aando
Profile Joined August 2011
1304 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-10-15 21:56:24
October 15 2014 21:55 GMT
#9275
On October 16 2014 06:32 KillerSOS wrote:
What do you guys think of fight pads? Not sure I'm quite ready to drop ~~150 on a decent stick.

They work as good as any other input device imo. They all have some advantages and disadvantages. There are a lot of good players that play with pad. Luffy won evo on a playstation 1 pad, Snake Eyes plays on a Madcatz Fightpad and I think Smug's pad is a normal 360 pad.
kuresuti
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
1393 Posts
October 15 2014 22:01 GMT
#9276
If you have any controllers at all like for Xbox or Playstation, see if you can connect them to your PC and try them out before buying new stuff. Maybe you have some friends with consoles who are willing to lend you a controller.
Rijot
Profile Joined July 2013
137 Posts
October 16 2014 00:30 GMT
#9277
Best patch. I really like that the delay limit has been changed from 15 frames to 35 frames. Because 15 frames of delay is not unplayable already. That surely will fix the issues people are having.
porkRaven
Profile Joined December 2010
United States953 Posts
October 16 2014 00:45 GMT
#9278
On October 16 2014 09:30 Rijot wrote:
Best patch. I really like that the delay limit has been changed from 15 frames to 35 frames. Because 15 frames of delay is not unplayable already. That surely will fix the issues people are having.

Preferable to the game stopping I suppose.
SHOUTOUTS TO Aylear!!!
HeatEXTEND
Profile Joined October 2012
Netherlands836 Posts
October 16 2014 05:26 GMT
#9279
On October 16 2014 09:45 SwatRaven wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 16 2014 09:30 Rijot wrote:
Best patch. I really like that the delay limit has been changed from 15 frames to 35 frames. Because 15 frames of delay is not unplayable already. That surely will fix the issues people are having.

Preferable to the game stopping I suppose.


I'd rather just have it disconnect :/
knuckle
Aando
Profile Joined August 2011
1304 Posts
October 16 2014 17:27 GMT
#9280
This last patch has convinced me that they probably wont be able to fix the PC netcode. I think anyone that has done any programming can tell that the "fixes" so far has not been the work of programmers but just someone going in to the code and change the value of a couple of variables and pray that it'll fix it. And this took months for them to release.
Prev 1 462 463 464 465 466 668 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 48m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
actioN 1312
Hyun 635
firebathero 490
Hyuk 396
BeSt 345
Mong 232
Jaedong 203
Soma 174
Shine 82
PianO 77
[ Show more ]
Sexy 54
910 52
Hm[arnc] 44
Mind 43
sSak 41
Shinee 29
ZergMaN 26
Bale 23
yabsab 21
HiyA 17
ZerO 14
Sharp 12
Noble 10
sorry 6
Terrorterran 3
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1116
shoxiejesuss1079
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King326
Other Games
gofns23367
summit1g8161
ceh9631
JimRising 408
KnowMe128
Pyrionflax96
Trikslyr27
Livibee3
ZerO(Twitch)3
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick469
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream30
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• killerbeecast30
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos890
• Stunt419
Other Games
• Shiphtur347
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
1h 48m
Patches Events
6h 48m
The PondCast
1d
INu's Battles
1d 1h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 13h
Replay Cast
1d 13h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.