• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:21
CEST 11:21
KST 18:21
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War615.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament TL Sidebar missing streams [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror Sagi.gg Launcher Released
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8501 users

Ultra Street Fighter IV - Page 426

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 424 425 426 427 428 668 Next
Check out the new Street Fighter V Thread
Noocta
Profile Joined June 2010
France12578 Posts
May 04 2014 17:08 GMT
#8501


Hugo looks so fun O_O
" I'm not gonna fight you. I'm gonna kick your ass ! "
ain
Profile Joined July 2010
Germany786 Posts
May 06 2014 22:35 GMT
#8502
Been messing around with Viper in training mode and having some execution questions.

1) For FFF, should I use LP+MP for the feint or MP+FP? It seems LP+MP is easier for me but I haven't transitioned into full FFF combos to be sure I'm not going to trap myself with this somehow.

2) EX Seismo SJC burn kick: Am I not supposed to tiger knee the SJC burn kick motion? On the ground the tiger knee gives me great control over the instant air burnkicks, but cancelled from a seismo it never seems to work. Doing the inputs in the right order is awfully slow. What is the input supposed to look like?
Duka08
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
3391 Posts
May 06 2014 23:17 GMT
#8503
On May 07 2014 07:35 ain wrote:
Been messing around with Viper in training mode and having some execution questions.

1) For FFF, should I use LP+MP for the feint or MP+FP? It seems LP+MP is easier for me but I haven't transitioned into full FFF combos to be sure I'm not going to trap myself with this somehow.

2) EX Seismo SJC burn kick: Am I not supposed to tiger knee the SJC burn kick motion? On the ground the tiger knee gives me great control over the instant air burnkicks, but cancelled from a seismo it never seems to work. Doing the inputs in the right order is awfully slow. What is the input supposed to look like?


2) I just do the superjump motion (down, up-forward) during the end of the seismo animation, and then as she takes off make a fluid roll to QCB+kick. Like a 29[tiny pause]63214. I don't find it slow, simply because you can do the super jump motion any time during the end of the seismo and it will SJC. It's quite lenient.
Excalibur_Z
Profile Joined October 2002
United States12261 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-05-07 02:57:53
May 07 2014 02:52 GMT
#8504
On May 07 2014 07:35 ain wrote:
Been messing around with Viper in training mode and having some execution questions.

1) For FFF, should I use LP+MP for the feint or MP+FP? It seems LP+MP is easier for me but I haven't transitioned into full FFF combos to be sure I'm not going to trap myself with this somehow.

2) EX Seismo SJC burn kick: Am I not supposed to tiger knee the SJC burn kick motion? On the ground the tiger knee gives me great control over the instant air burnkicks, but cancelled from a seismo it never seems to work. Doing the inputs in the right order is awfully slow. What is the input supposed to look like?


1) The most reliable trick to use is [crouching or standing] HP(hold briefly) qcb+(release HP)~df+HP. The negative edge lets you cancel very quickly and input the second fierce at the fastest timing. To continue the combo from df+HP it's as easy as d,df+HP to EX seismo, then sjc into instant air burnkick and ultra after that.

EDIT: * Also, if HP TK makes it too hard for you to feint reliably, you can always use MP TK feint. HP TK requires the really fast input because its startup is much faster (that's why I recommend negative edging it) whereas MP TK has a little more room for error and still lets you get the combo, though the link is a little tighter.

2) If you try to tiger knee the burnkick after EX seismo you run the risk of getting a grounded burnkick instead because you'll miss the sjc timing. I just do it linearly: df,d,df+MP+HP, d~uf right after I push the buttons, then qcb+HK right after I tap uf. You actually have plenty of time to do it because the EX seismo animation is pretty long. You just work the sjc in during the EX seismo startup and do the burnkick input immediately after. It's slower but more reliable for me, and the moves all come out at the same speed anyway.
Moderator
ain
Profile Joined July 2010
Germany786 Posts
May 07 2014 08:49 GMT
#8505
Thanks for the advice guys, that cleared up a lot for me.

On May 07 2014 11:52 Excalibur_Z wrote:
1) The most reliable trick to use is [crouching or standing] HP(hold briefly) qcb+(release HP)~df+HP. The negative edge lets you cancel very quickly and input the second fierce at the fastest timing. To continue the combo from df+HP it's as easy as d,df+HP to EX seismo, then sjc into instant air burnkick and ultra after that.


So you use only HP? I thought you need two punch inputs to feint. Does negative edge allow you to do that? I'm going to have to try that but that sounds like some black magic.
St3MoR
Profile Joined November 2002
Spain3256 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-05-07 09:09:41
May 07 2014 09:05 GMT
#8506
On May 07 2014 17:49 ain wrote:
Thanks for the advice guys, that cleared up a lot for me.

Show nested quote +
On May 07 2014 11:52 Excalibur_Z wrote:
1) The most reliable trick to use is [crouching or standing] HP(hold briefly) qcb+(release HP)~df+HP. The negative edge lets you cancel very quickly and input the second fierce at the fastest timing. To continue the combo from df+HP it's as easy as d,df+HP to EX seismo, then sjc into instant air burnkick and ultra after that.


So you use only HP? I thought you need two punch inputs to feint. Does negative edge allow you to do that? I'm going to have to try that but that sounds like some black magic.


you have to cancel the negative edge hp.tk with PP (i've tried lp+mp and mp + hp, i find lp+mp suits me better because otherwise I sometimes find myself 4x(mp+hp)~ing the FFF if that makes any sense, helps with structure for me)

sorry no black magic

edit: i just remembered, we have german viper player here in TL, you can PM "diehilde" and ask him too
Prophet in TL of the Makoto0124 ways
ain
Profile Joined July 2010
Germany786 Posts
May 07 2014 12:33 GMT
#8507
That's what I thought. I've already been using negative edge on the TK, but still using lp+mp to feint.
Duka08
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
3391 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-05-07 13:57:09
May 07 2014 13:56 GMT
#8508
I've never tried the negative edge TK. Interesting. I might give that a shot later. If you don't love the negative edge way and have a PPP button, try canceling with that. I'm not a Viper monster, but when I do play / training mode I use HP -> PPP for all my feints, neutral and in combos.
2stra
Profile Joined March 2011
Netherlands928 Posts
May 07 2014 14:12 GMT
#8509
I think whether you use lp+mp or mp+hp to cancel comes down to personal preference. Personally I don't like to negative edge the TK because it doesn't teach you the timing for TK feints off other normals (shorts or whatever).

I'm not a viper player tho. Used to play her in training mode to see if I could do all of her techniques. Too much work for me : )
Duka08
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
3391 Posts
May 07 2014 14:14 GMT
#8510
On May 07 2014 23:12 2stra wrote:
I think whether you use lp+mp or mp+hp to cancel comes down to personal preference. Personally I don't like to negative edge the TK because it doesn't teach you the timing for TK feints off other normals (shorts or whatever).

I'm not a viper player tho. Used to play her in training mode to see if I could do all of her techniques. Too much work for me : )

This is what I was thinking actually... On the rare chance I play Viper I usually end up using feints for more than just FFF, which would be really awkward with that method.
Noocta
Profile Joined June 2010
France12578 Posts
May 08 2014 13:11 GMT
#8511
Finally going to a offline event this week end, let's see how it goes for me.
Chose a bi weekly at the Meltdown bar ( you probably know that place from sc2 ) for a smaller thing.

Maybe I'll see for Republic of Fighter if things go well.
" I'm not gonna fight you. I'm gonna kick your ass ! "
kuresuti
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
1393 Posts
May 08 2014 13:52 GMT
#8512
GL Noocta, crush some nerds!

Thanks guys for the Sagat vs Bison advice earlier. Antiairing with a backwards jump HP solved many of my problems. I played some good matches against a 4k PP Bison (I even won one match \o/), so yeah thanks again!
MarlieChurphy
Profile Blog Joined January 2013
United States2065 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-05-11 03:19:02
May 11 2014 03:18 GMT
#8513
I know this is SF4 thread but fuck. Diago parry has nothing on this:



11:03
RIP SPOR 11/24/11 NEVAR FORGET
Duka08
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
3391 Posts
May 11 2014 04:16 GMT
#8514
Holy shit that was a sick round. Thanks for the link.
St3MoR
Profile Joined November 2002
Spain3256 Posts
May 11 2014 14:00 GMT
#8515
there are some weird channels in youtube, lol
Prophet in TL of the Makoto0124 ways
Noocta
Profile Joined June 2010
France12578 Posts
May 11 2014 22:07 GMT
#8516
Ah, 3rd strike Makoto.. Why were you so fun.
The 100% stun combo was so hard to do tho. backward Kara fukiage was no joke.
" I'm not gonna fight you. I'm gonna kick your ass ! "
Looms
Profile Joined May 2010
United States4624 Posts
May 12 2014 01:43 GMT
#8517
justin wong just got ripped in half with zeus' claw......
Noocta
Profile Joined June 2010
France12578 Posts
May 12 2014 20:47 GMT
#8518
Talking 3rd strike, I'm pretty sure it's the 15th birthday of the game today. =]
" I'm not gonna fight you. I'm gonna kick your ass ! "
WindWolf
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
Sweden11767 Posts
May 14 2014 19:03 GMT
#8519
Just played a few online games on the Pc version, and towards the end of one of the loading screens, the screen went all red for a me for about a second or so. Has this happened to anyone else?

I'm also impressed that I, on a not-so-good laptop, can max out the graphical settings (with post-effects (but none of them looks good tbh) and Anti-Aliasing off) and can still maintain a solid 60 FPS.
EZ4ENCE
Noocta
Profile Joined June 2010
France12578 Posts
May 14 2014 21:45 GMT
#8520
Well, the game is pretty old, and basically ask nothing from your graphic card.
" I'm not gonna fight you. I'm gonna kick your ass ! "
Prev 1 424 425 426 427 428 668 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 39m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 6992
Rain 3702
Leta 2437
Soulkey 418
Soma 343
BeSt 297
Rush 213
Barracks 169
soO 162
firebathero 155
[ Show more ]
Stork 104
Sexy 56
Killer 44
Shinee 33
Shine 31
Hm[arnc] 18
Sacsri 17
HiyA 15
Sharp 12
sorry 10
Terrorterran 5
Noble 4
Dota 2
Gorgc3560
XcaliburYe172
League of Legends
JimRising 495
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King70
Other Games
gofns25093
WinterStarcraft638
Pyrionflax193
Sick158
singsing5
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV196
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 5
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• 3DClanTV 67
• Sammyuel 46
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2224
League of Legends
• Jankos2405
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
39m
Patches Events
5h 39m
BSL Open Qualifier
9h 39m
BSL Open Qualifier
9h 39m
OSC
13h 39m
OSC
1d 2h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.