• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:23
CEST 10:23
KST 17:23
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War605.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
TL Sidebar missing streams [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7722 users

Ultra Street Fighter IV - Page 424

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 422 423 424 425 426 668 Next
Check out the new Street Fighter V Thread
Noocta
Profile Joined June 2010
France12578 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-04-11 14:18:15
April 11 2014 14:16 GMT
#8461
On April 11 2014 18:41 Andre wrote:
As ultra street fighter is dropping Games for Windows Live there won't be any region locking associated with the game anymore, right?

Never played SF and that's the only thing that barred my entry zzz. Hope to get into it now if it's gonna be available in all countries.


It's weird, I definitely met people from Slovenia ingame before. :o

http://shoryuken.com/2014/04/11/topanga-world-league-day-1-results/

Day 2 results
" I'm not gonna fight you. I'm gonna kick your ass ! "
Aylear
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Norway3988 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-04-11 14:37:59
April 11 2014 14:36 GMT
#8462
On April 11 2014 18:41 Andre wrote:
As ultra street fighter is dropping Games for Windows Live there won't be any region locking associated with the game anymore, right?

Never played SF and that's the only thing that barred my entry zzz. Hope to get into it now if it's gonna be available in all countries.


Wait, what?

I play SSF4AE on PC with people all over the world; I never heard anything about it being region locked. Am I wrong? I've played with tons of people all over Europe as well as friends in the US and Canada.

I'm confused.

Edit: Is it maybe not available everywhere because of GFWL? I seem to recall a game I had to buy and then gift to someone because they couldn't buy it themselves in their country, but I could have sworn that game was not SSF4. And even then that game worked once donated.
TL+ Member
WindWolf
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
Sweden11767 Posts
April 11 2014 14:50 GMT
#8463
I think he is talking about being able to buy AE on PC. I think I've also meet people from Slovenia as well.
EZ4ENCE
LaiShin
Profile Joined November 2005
Australia978 Posts
April 11 2014 22:23 GMT
#8464
Anyone know where to find the full matches for Topanga?

There are highlights within this channel, but I want moar!

https://www.youtube.com/user/bavobbr/videos
AlterKot
Profile Blog Joined January 2014
Poland7525 Posts
April 11 2014 22:29 GMT
#8465
http://www.soku.com/search_video/q_topanga_orderby_2?noqc=
Americans don't like to use unblockables, it is considered not honest. You press a button at the wrong time and hit the other person, you are random, not a top player. You DP Sim's far fierce, it is random and not honest.
LaiShin
Profile Joined November 2005
Australia978 Posts
April 11 2014 22:33 GMT
#8466
^You're a legend. Thanks!
Aylear
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Norway3988 Posts
April 12 2014 16:36 GMT
#8467
Civil War VI is happening today -- Sp00ky is already live with casuals and just hanging out.

  • Pools - Google Docs
  • Schedule - Google Docs

Not a lot of big names for AE, but at least AquaSilk is protecting the Russian skies.
TL+ Member
Aylear
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Norway3988 Posts
April 12 2014 20:56 GMT
#8468
That failed AquaSilk snackish, so much respect going for that. <3
TL+ Member
SwARmZzz
Profile Joined June 2013
Canada193 Posts
April 15 2014 23:22 GMT
#8469
Damn, Infiltration got his ass handed to him at Topanga world championships.... Did not expect that....
BlitzerSC
Profile Joined May 2011
Italy8800 Posts
April 17 2014 16:14 GMT
#8470
What are some good starting characters to learn the basics of the game ?
2stra
Profile Joined March 2011
Netherlands928 Posts
April 17 2014 16:21 GMT
#8471
I think Ryu, Ken, Guile, Bison & Balrog are the best characters to learn the game with (in no particular order)

They're all fairly straight forward, don't rely on gimmicks and don't really have difficult stuff execution wise.
BlitzerSC
Profile Joined May 2011
Italy8800 Posts
April 17 2014 16:47 GMT
#8472
I see. Unfortunately the only character I enjoyed from that list is Guile. What about Rose ? Is she decent for a beginner ?
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
April 17 2014 16:59 GMT
#8473
I felt Sagat is a good character to start with too
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
2stra
Profile Joined March 2011
Netherlands928 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-04-17 17:20:40
April 17 2014 17:06 GMT
#8474
I would say Rose is a good beginner character as well, although her B&B has a 1 frame link in it (cr .lk -> cr.mp). She has good normals and solid anti air (cr.hp) and a great fireball game with fireballs and reflect. Great backdash. Teaches you to block cause her reversal is pretty crappy.

edit: But I think ultimately you should just pick a character you like
Noocta
Profile Joined June 2010
France12578 Posts
April 17 2014 17:54 GMT
#8475
On April 18 2014 01:14 BlitzerSC wrote:
What are some good starting characters to learn the basics of the game ?


This could help you decide a bit

http://www.reddit.com/r/sf4/wiki/newbietiers
" I'm not gonna fight you. I'm gonna kick your ass ! "
BlitzerSC
Profile Joined May 2011
Italy8800 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-04-18 13:24:30
April 18 2014 13:21 GMT
#8476
Okay I gave Ryu another chance after learning one combo and I have to say he feels a lot funnier than before, so for the time being I think I'll stick to Ryu just to learn the fundamentals of the game.
I tried Balrog again too, but I have difficulties doing the charge moves with my pad.
After checking that "newbie tier list" I noticed Fei Long is ranked quite high. I always had a crush for Fei Long, but he seems so complicated to me. I don't understand how he can be ranked so high. I also don't understand how to do 3 rekkakens in a row. Do I have to repeat the motion every time or do I only have to press the punch button ?

I definetly love this game though. I think I'll buy a arcade stick when Ultra Street Fighter 4 comes out ^^.
Noocta
Profile Joined June 2010
France12578 Posts
April 18 2014 14:03 GMT
#8477
You have to do the motion and the punch button 3 time yes.
It may seems difficult at first but it's second nature pretty quick.
" I'm not gonna fight you. I'm gonna kick your ass ! "
Saturnize
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States2473 Posts
April 18 2014 18:40 GMT
#8478
Damn, White Gun making me wanna pick up Yun. That Gouken was just getting hit by everything haha.
"Time to put the mustard on the hotdog. -_-"
ain
Profile Joined July 2010
Germany786 Posts
April 18 2014 18:52 GMT
#8479
On April 19 2014 03:40 Saturnize wrote:
Damn, White Gun making me wanna pick up Yun. That Gouken was just getting hit by everything haha.

This post is pretty pointless when nobody knows what you're talking about...
Saturnize
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States2473 Posts
April 18 2014 18:54 GMT
#8480
NCR http://www.twitch.tv/capcomfighters
"Time to put the mustard on the hotdog. -_-"
Prev 1 422 423 424 425 426 668 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 37m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 4417
Leta 2414
BeSt 494
Soulkey 422
Soma 217
Rush 107
Shine 30
ZergMaN 25
Shinee 16
Dota 2
XcaliburYe194
League of Legends
JimRising 589
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King73
Other Games
WinterStarcraft834
Sick249
Pyrionflax14
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV212
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 7
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Sammyuel 42
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2317
League of Legends
• Jankos1294
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1h 37m
Patches Events
6h 37m
BSL Open Qualifier
10h 37m
BSL Open Qualifier
10h 37m
OSC
14h 37m
OSC
1d 3h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.