• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:18
CEST 09:18
KST 16:18
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BSL Season 23 Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder BW General Discussion RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8943 users

Ultra Street Fighter IV - Page 400

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 398 399 400 401 402 668 Next
Check out the new Street Fighter V Thread
WindWolf
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
Sweden11767 Posts
February 14 2014 16:52 GMT
#7981
In general, I don't get angry when I lose in this game, even when I get perfected. I don't know why, especially since I can get that in other games like CS:GO and Dota2 (although those gets a lot more fun to play with friends, even if you aren't on the same rank) when I'm playing alone
EZ4ENCE
Duka08
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
3391 Posts
February 14 2014 17:21 GMT
#7982
On February 15 2014 01:52 WindWolf wrote:
In general, I don't get angry when I lose in this game, even when I get perfected. I don't know why, especially since I can get that in other games like CS:GO and Dota2 (although those gets a lot more fun to play with friends, even if you aren't on the same rank) when I'm playing alone

I only get angry at myself usually, because even when someone's playing like a moron, I should have been able to beat it. Unpredictability is very frustrating.

Like you said, I get way WAY less angry when I get perfected for example, because that means they straight put in the work and outplayed me, and all I ever do is nod and say "good shit" lol.
St3MoR
Profile Joined November 2002
Spain3256 Posts
February 14 2014 17:36 GMT
#7983
the other day playing ranked I noticed how much grinding soloQ in league has helped me in being chill when facing morons

who knew
Prophet in TL of the Makoto0124 ways
Duka08
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
3391 Posts
February 14 2014 17:41 GMT
#7984
On February 15 2014 02:36 St3MoR wrote:
the other day playing ranked I noticed how much grinding soloQ in league has helped me in being chill when facing morons

who knew

See that's weird because with DotA I'm the opposite. In DotA and most other competitive games I am 100% chill when I lose because it just doesn't matter. Sure it's easier to blame your team, either actively or passively, but I just figure out what to improve next time and move on, no problem no stress.

In SF, I usually know EXACTLY what I did wrong and I'm mad at MYSELF for it. That's where the frustration comes in. It's easy to criticize yourself constructively and say "ok, I know what to fix now" or what to try or whatever, but 10 games later when you're making the same mistakes and bad habits against someone you really think you should be outplaying, THAT'S what gets me frustrated.

Switching up characters helps me sometimes, both to quell the salt because I don't keep doing the same stupid mistakes, but for the same reason I can often do better as well. Coming in with a fresh mindset even on a character you're less skilled with, tends to do well for me instead of making the same autopilot mistakes. I know it's purely bad habits that I need to fix, but I have more trouble doing so than I'd expected. I either focus on fixing my mistakes so I'm not paying enough attention to the opponent, or focus too much on what the opponent is doing and start doing unsafe stuff.

Practice practice practice!
WindWolf
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
Sweden11767 Posts
February 16 2014 20:23 GMT
#7985
The netcode of the PC version is really great. I seriously hope Capcom doesn't screw it over when they transition out of GFWL and into Ultra. That would be an even bigger disappointment than they delayed Ultra for PC

On February 15 2014 02:21 Duka08 wrote:

Like you said, I get way WAY less angry when I get perfected for example, because that means they straight put in the work and outplayed me, and all I ever do is nod and say "good shit" lol.

Yeah, this is so true. Played an Ibuki online that had really great execution and even if I lost 0-2 and got perfected, I still didn't get that frustrated (also a good proof that the netcode is really great in this game on PC).
EZ4ENCE
Noocta
Profile Joined June 2010
France12578 Posts
February 17 2014 21:57 GMT
#7986
I think I saw Xian in a King costume with a Chun li cosplayer.
What.
" I'm not gonna fight you. I'm gonna kick your ass ! "
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-02-17 22:06:38
February 17 2014 22:06 GMT
#7987
On February 18 2014 06:57 Noocta wrote:
I think I saw Xian in a King costume with a Chun li cosplayer.
What.


no...













yes
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
sung_moon
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States10110 Posts
February 18 2014 01:18 GMT
#7988
On February 18 2014 06:57 Noocta wrote:
I think I saw Xian in a King costume with a Chun li cosplayer.
What.


KOF King or Tekken King (probably Tekken)???

Lol
Forever Young
kuresuti
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
1393 Posts
February 18 2014 11:23 GMT
#7989
Does anyone know when the second season of Fight Night is scheduled to begin?
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
February 18 2014 12:04 GMT
#7990
Next week (:
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
kuresuti
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
1393 Posts
February 18 2014 14:23 GMT
#7991
On February 18 2014 21:04 Torte de Lini wrote:
Next week (:

Oh sweet! Gootecks and Mike Ross hyped it up pretty good in their show so I'm pretty excited :D
Noocta
Profile Joined June 2010
France12578 Posts
February 18 2014 17:11 GMT
#7992
On February 18 2014 10:18 sung_moon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 18 2014 06:57 Noocta wrote:
I think I saw Xian in a King costume with a Chun li cosplayer.
What.


KOF King or Tekken King (probably Tekken)???

Lol


No, a King like King of a country, Louis XIV or Queen Elisabeth like.
" I'm not gonna fight you. I'm gonna kick your ass ! "
Omnishroud
Profile Blog Joined November 2013
1073 Posts
February 18 2014 17:57 GMT
#7993
On February 19 2014 02:11 Noocta wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 18 2014 10:18 sung_moon wrote:
On February 18 2014 06:57 Noocta wrote:
I think I saw Xian in a King costume with a Chun li cosplayer.
What.


KOF King or Tekken King (probably Tekken)???

Lol


No, a King like King of a country, Louis XIV or Queen Elisabeth like.


Hahahahaha :D Sorry i found that hillarious
Omni = Capped (RIP TL Account) - LoL EUW: Capped92 - EU Bnet: Capped#1137 - Steam: Capped92
ain
Profile Joined July 2010
Germany786 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-02-18 19:18:00
February 18 2014 19:17 GMT
#7994
On February 19 2014 02:57 Omnishroud wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 19 2014 02:11 Noocta wrote:
On February 18 2014 10:18 sung_moon wrote:
On February 18 2014 06:57 Noocta wrote:
I think I saw Xian in a King costume with a Chun li cosplayer.
What.


KOF King or Tekken King (probably Tekken)???

Lol


No, a King like King of a country, Louis XIV or Queen Elisabeth like.


Hahahahaha :D Sorry i found that hillarious


Are you saying only men can be kings? I'm pretty sure that's sexist.


Pretty excited to see where they're going with this. I'd love for them to invite some less prominent players like Darkysdephil WarriorBySand or Ixion.
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-02-18 19:23:18
February 18 2014 19:22 GMT
#7995
There isn't any King of Fighters, sorry.

As we move forward with new Fight Night games, I'll definitely hint at the thought of the game :B
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Cel.erity
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States4890 Posts
February 18 2014 19:25 GMT
#7996
On February 19 2014 04:17 ain wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 19 2014 02:57 Omnishroud wrote:
On February 19 2014 02:11 Noocta wrote:
On February 18 2014 10:18 sung_moon wrote:
On February 18 2014 06:57 Noocta wrote:
I think I saw Xian in a King costume with a Chun li cosplayer.
What.


KOF King or Tekken King (probably Tekken)???

Lol


No, a King like King of a country, Louis XIV or Queen Elisabeth like.


Hahahahaha :D Sorry i found that hillarious


Are you saying only men can be kings? I'm pretty sure that's sexist.


Pretty excited to see where they're going with this. I'd love for them to invite some less prominent players like Darkysdephil WarriorBySand or Ixion.


Darksydephil would just win the whole competition if he were invited, and if he doesn't win, it's probably because the game is rigged or a button malfunctioned.
We found Dove in a soapless place.
ain
Profile Joined July 2010
Germany786 Posts
February 18 2014 19:29 GMT
#7997
On February 19 2014 04:22 Torte de Lini wrote:
There isn't any King of Fighters, sorry.

As we move forward with new Fight Night games, I'll definitely hint at the thought of the game :B


KoF really doesn't have a big following in the US and EU. I've heard rumours that Kof98 will be coming to steam so maybe it will change after that.
Cel.erity
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States4890 Posts
February 18 2014 21:27 GMT
#7998
On February 19 2014 04:29 ain wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 19 2014 04:22 Torte de Lini wrote:
There isn't any King of Fighters, sorry.

As we move forward with new Fight Night games, I'll definitely hint at the thought of the game :B


KoF really doesn't have a big following in the US and EU. I've heard rumours that Kof98 will be coming to steam so maybe it will change after that.


I don't see why KoF '98 coming to Steam would revitalize the series any more than KoF XIII did, but the Steam edition of that game did bring a nice influx of new players.

MvC3 fight night would actually be great. Despite how much I dislike that game, it's really perfect for a format such as this. Lots of trash talk and randomness to build the hype. MvC2 would be even better, but hey...
We found Dove in a soapless place.
aseq
Profile Joined January 2003
Netherlands4020 Posts
February 19 2014 00:45 GMT
#7999
On February 19 2014 06:27 Cel.erity wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 19 2014 04:29 ain wrote:
On February 19 2014 04:22 Torte de Lini wrote:
There isn't any King of Fighters, sorry.

As we move forward with new Fight Night games, I'll definitely hint at the thought of the game :B


KoF really doesn't have a big following in the US and EU. I've heard rumours that Kof98 will be coming to steam so maybe it will change after that.


I don't see why KoF '98 coming to Steam would revitalize the series any more than KoF XIII did, but the Steam edition of that game did bring a nice influx of new players.

MvC3 fight night would actually be great. Despite how much I dislike that game, it's really perfect for a format such as this. Lots of trash talk and randomness to build the hype. MvC2 would be even better, but hey...


I'd still not buy any KoF even if it were on Steam, I don't think. Maybe it's because half the cast looks like pussies (Benimaru, Duo Lon, Iori, Ash?!, how are those fighters), and yet the combo system looks super heavy executionally, with combos that are 20 moves long. I think this would be holding back more US/EU players who are not on skill level Asian.
Cel.erity
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States4890 Posts
February 19 2014 02:16 GMT
#8000
On February 19 2014 09:45 aseq wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 19 2014 06:27 Cel.erity wrote:
On February 19 2014 04:29 ain wrote:
On February 19 2014 04:22 Torte de Lini wrote:
There isn't any King of Fighters, sorry.

As we move forward with new Fight Night games, I'll definitely hint at the thought of the game :B


KoF really doesn't have a big following in the US and EU. I've heard rumours that Kof98 will be coming to steam so maybe it will change after that.


I don't see why KoF '98 coming to Steam would revitalize the series any more than KoF XIII did, but the Steam edition of that game did bring a nice influx of new players.

MvC3 fight night would actually be great. Despite how much I dislike that game, it's really perfect for a format such as this. Lots of trash talk and randomness to build the hype. MvC2 would be even better, but hey...


I'd still not buy any KoF even if it were on Steam, I don't think. Maybe it's because half the cast looks like pussies (Benimaru, Duo Lon, Iori, Ash?!, how are those fighters), and yet the combo system looks super heavy executionally, with combos that are 20 moves long. I think this would be holding back more US/EU players who are not on skill level Asian.


Yes, KoF XIII is quite possibly the most difficult game I've ever played from an execution standpoint, and I've played a lot of games. Fate/Unlimited Codes and some of the harder stuff in Melty Blood is really all that rivals it. In terms of fundamentals, though, a Street Fighter background will get you pretty far in KoF, as the game is all about footsies (albeit a different kind).
We found Dove in a soapless place.
Prev 1 398 399 400 401 402 668 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 43m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Leta 340
Hyuk 197
Hyun 89
Shinee 64
Hm[arnc] 55
ZergMaN 17
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm181
League of Legends
JimRising 704
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King107
Other Games
summit1g8459
WinterStarcraft525
ArmadaUGS57
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick785
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream179
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2307
League of Legends
• Rush1387
• Lourlo1005
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2h 43m
INu's Battles
4h 43m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
7h 43m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
11h 43m
BSL Open Qualifier
11h 43m
Replay Cast
15h 43m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 2h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 3h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 8h
Replay Cast
1d 15h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.