• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:02
CEST 14:02
KST 21:02
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon103
StarCraft 2
General
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7425 users

Ultra Street Fighter IV - Page 368

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 366 367 368 369 370 668 Next
Check out the new Street Fighter V Thread
WindWolf
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
Sweden11767 Posts
November 22 2013 17:27 GMT
#7341
On November 23 2013 02:25 Trumpet wrote:
seen some facebook blowups already about some of the nerfs to different characters, but knowing elena has healing sounds cool :D Knowing absolutely nothing about fighters when I first saw 3s I thought she had to be the best character cause healing in a fighting game had to be OP. Hopefully she fares a little better in ultra

Well, in Marvel, Phoenix Wright can find food when searching for evidence, which restores some red health. So it can be done properly
EZ4ENCE
2stra
Profile Joined March 2011
Netherlands928 Posts
November 22 2013 20:02 GMT
#7342
Goddamn Hugo is big, almost looks like characters with a low jump arc can't cross him up o_o

Might play him in ultra
Duka08
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
3391 Posts
November 22 2013 20:26 GMT
#7343
I'm excited for all the new characters. Not just for new/variety, but because they will fit well for the game imo. Still waiting on that 5th!
Noocta
Profile Joined June 2010
France12578 Posts
November 22 2013 21:20 GMT
#7344
Hugo is big enough that he can hide the health bars with his head lol.
A bit sad they choose the easy path of making Heavy Moutain his super and give him the standard Ground grab / Air grab combo tho.
" I'm not gonna fight you. I'm gonna kick your ass ! "
Duka08
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
3391 Posts
November 23 2013 02:18 GMT
#7345
This game can make me so salty sometimes. Online is just ridiculous. Losing to random nuts is so frustrating.

My apartment complex changed ISPs this summer and I don't have control over my ports anymore so I've had issues connecting to the people I've friended to play endless with. Very frustrating. Ranked match guh
FakeSteve[TPR]
Profile Blog Joined July 2003
Valhalla18444 Posts
November 23 2013 09:11 GMT
#7346
Alleged Sakura changes are:
J.FP hurtbox increased
EX Tatsu +2 on block

ok, cool, no problem. fix the dumb stuff.


LK TATSU -1 ON BLOCK
OTOSHI NO LONGER GRANTS HARD KNOCKDOWN

OK COOL CAPCOM NEUTER THE CHARACTER COMPLETELY

guys what the fuck am i gonna do? lk tatsu being -1 instead of 0 might not seem like much but if you play with people who can properly time buttons coming out of blockstun, it's a MASSIVE nerf. Against a huge portion of the cast, her pressure is now effectively OVER after they block a lk tatsu. All right, that I could deal with by itself. But to remove the hard knockdown on Otoshi? There are SO many matchups that Sakura wins, or only loses a little, because of her strong okizeme and corner setups. If those are gone, she's left with so little. Not only is she gonna be utterly free to every defensive footsies character, but her WINNING matchups that are based on her oki (ie, Seth, Sagat, etc) are going to flip because of this.

I understand that she's strong in 2012. I don't understand how they can propose so many buffs to characters like Rog, Honda, Chun, and Rose and then still completely GUT this character. What's she gonna do against any of those guys in Ultra if these changes go through? Nothing, sit around and hold that 4-6. This is a sad fucking day. Every other character that has combo damage comparable to hers also enjoys a much more complete grounded footsies game, a fucking 3 frame reversal, SOMETHING that goes in tandem with their damage to make the opponent CHOOSE OPTIONS on defense, so you can make a read and get your damage.

If these changes actually go through, I'm not just dropping Sakura, I might quit the game entirely. That's obviously an overreaction, but I am so fucking SAD right now
Moderatormy tatsu loops r fuckin nice
Cel.erity
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States4890 Posts
November 23 2013 09:27 GMT
#7347
Well, it's not even clear whether any of her setups would have been viable with the delayed wakeup mechanic. There are a lot of characters who could get massively burned by system changes, but it seems like Capcom isn't factoring that at all, and just basing their decisions around the character's performance in 2012. It's pretty disturbing for the balance of the game as a whole.

For me personally though, I've never been overly concerned with whether a game is balanced or not, as long as it's fun. If my character gets nerfed to the ground, I can just pick a new character.
We found Dove in a soapless place.
FakeSteve[TPR]
Profile Blog Joined July 2003
Valhalla18444 Posts
November 23 2013 09:36 GMT
#7348
Looking at the changes overall, it seems like Ultra will be even more defensive than Super was, or at least more dominated by defensive characters. That doesn't seem very fun.
Moderatormy tatsu loops r fuckin nice
Cel.erity
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States4890 Posts
November 23 2013 09:56 GMT
#7349
I hear you. I figured I'd be dropping Sakura as soon as the delayed wakeup announcement was made official. She's a character with very specific strengths; she can't function if you force her to play fair. Most likely she'd need buffs to remain viable in Ultra, but she's getting nerfs instead. -1 LK Tatsu just confirms that the party is over.
We found Dove in a soapless place.
FakeSteve[TPR]
Profile Blog Joined July 2003
Valhalla18444 Posts
November 23 2013 10:27 GMT
#7350
Yep. I don't know if I can be satisfied switching back to Chun and just trying to turtle out wins. I used to play Chun in Super, but I played her very aggressively - such is my nature in these games. She was just strong enough overall that she could be PLAYED aggressively in that version.

If I can't scratch the rushdown itch with a character I truly enjoy playing in Ultra, I'll just start playing KoF full time.
Moderatormy tatsu loops r fuckin nice
WindWolf
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
Sweden11767 Posts
November 23 2013 10:48 GMT
#7351

Rose
...
Soul Satellite input changed to 214×2+KKK

Why Capcom? I'm so used to 214214+PPP at this point.
EZ4ENCE
fishbowl
Profile Joined January 2010
United States1575 Posts
November 23 2013 11:09 GMT
#7352
On November 23 2013 19:48 WindWolf wrote:
Show nested quote +

Rose
...
Soul Satellite input changed to 214×2+KKK

Why Capcom? I'm so used to 214214+PPP at this point.

Accidental EX Reflects lol
Cel.erity
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States4890 Posts
November 23 2013 11:10 GMT
#7353
On November 23 2013 19:27 FakeSteve[TPR] wrote:If I can't scratch the rushdown itch with a character I truly enjoy playing in Ultra, I'll just start playing KoF full time.


There's always BlazBlue or Guilty Gear, where 75% of the cast has scarier pressure than Sakura.
We found Dove in a soapless place.
FakeSteve[TPR]
Profile Blog Joined July 2003
Valhalla18444 Posts
November 23 2013 12:13 GMT
#7354
Well, I'm actually legitimately playing KoF13, that satisfies me for now. Mature/Leona/Yuri represent, world's biggest Leona fanboy reporting in
Moderatormy tatsu loops r fuckin nice
Hokay
Profile Joined May 2007
United States738 Posts
November 23 2013 12:29 GMT
#7355
Bison is -1 on light kick scissor kick. My main just got even more boring and lame. His only offensive special to put pressure is now -1 on block lol. It's like Capcom wants to go back back to Lame fighter, poke n' turtle hitconfirm fighter 4 with Ultra. Double ultras is pretty dumb as well. Oh well, Killer Instinct is pretty fun so far, and I'm looking forward to Guilty Gear.
WindWolf
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
Sweden11767 Posts
November 23 2013 13:16 GMT
#7356
On November 23 2013 20:09 fishbowl wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 23 2013 19:48 WindWolf wrote:

Rose
...
Soul Satellite input changed to 214×2+KKK

Why Capcom? I'm so used to 214214+PPP at this point.

Accidental EX Reflects lol

Yeah, I guess

But with all my three characters getting some kind of buff (Rose, Juri, Evil Ryu), who to pick?
EZ4ENCE
Duka08
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
3391 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-11-23 14:02:56
November 23 2013 14:00 GMT
#7357
On November 23 2013 18:11 FakeSteve[TPR] wrote:
Alleged Sakura changes are:
J.FP hurtbox increased
EX Tatsu +2 on block

ok, cool, no problem. fix the dumb stuff.


LK TATSU -1 ON BLOCK
OTOSHI NO LONGER GRANTS HARD KNOCKDOWN

I was REALLY surprised to see the LK Tatsu change. I thought they'd nerf EX more than they did and leave most else alone, but the LK Tatsu change seems unnecessary imo. Even as someone who's very tired of the way Sakura plays at high level (namely Chris G I guess, when I think about it). I thought the setups (delayed wakeup) and J.FP would change most of that. I hated the goofy setup game, not her overall rushdown which I find exciting. And yeah even the Oroshi is overkill when they're already adding a way to avoid incoming setups.
Noocta
Profile Joined June 2010
France12578 Posts
November 23 2013 15:14 GMT
#7358
Honestly, the Otoshi nerf doesn't surprise me.
The safe big fireball setup is as much bullshit as every other vortex in the game in my opinion.

LK tatsu is probably a bit too much tho, same as Scissor kicks nerf.
" I'm not gonna fight you. I'm gonna kick your ass ! "
Duka08
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
3391 Posts
November 23 2013 15:37 GMT
#7359
Fairly confident most of these changes are intentionally extreme, and they might scale back. They're just throwing things out to see what sticks. Nerfs to Bison and Gief? Solid characters but... really? lol
Noocta
Profile Joined June 2010
France12578 Posts
November 23 2013 15:42 GMT
#7360
I can understand the nerf to Bison teleport by design ( his teleport is hard to punish because the punisable frames are hard to notice ), but the character wasn't even good with that.
I hope they reverse them for Bison.

Gief changes are okay. Losing the SPD range was a trade off for EX GH knockdown and announced as such since the beginning. They need to tweak regular GH in combo apparently but that will come.
" I'm not gonna fight you. I'm gonna kick your ass ! "
Prev 1 366 367 368 369 370 668 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
WardiTV Weekly
11:00
WardiTV Mondays #106
IntoTheiNu 942
WardiTV455
OGKoka 196
Rex135
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko371
mouzHeroMarine 297
OGKoka 196
Rex 135
ProTech121
StarCraft: Brood War
Bisu 2564
Horang2 1421
Larva 1258
EffOrt 819
BeSt 633
Soma 459
Hyuk 332
Shuttle 291
Mini 272
ZerO 194
[ Show more ]
Stork 191
Light 176
Rush 158
ggaemo 133
Zeus 131
Barracks 98
Killer 89
Hyun 86
Shinee 36
ToSsGirL 34
Bale 33
sorry 30
Mong 29
Yoon 24
PianO 20
Aegong 18
soO 16
ajuk12(nOOB) 15
Sacsri 13
zelot 11
Noble 9
Sexy 9
HiyA 8
Dota 2
Dendi1425
BananaSlamJamma164
League of Legends
KnowMe32
Counter-Strike
byalli772
x6flipin357
Other Games
singsing2157
olofmeister1566
XaKoH 264
crisheroes259
Sick219
Pyrionflax187
B2W.Neo180
ArmadaUGS70
Mew2King49
ZerO(Twitch)3
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream511
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 8
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH332
• StrangeGG 36
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1698
Other Games
• WagamamaTV223
Upcoming Events
Monday Night Weeklies
3h 58m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
21h 58m
Afreeca Starleague
21h 58m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 11h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 22h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
5 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.