• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:10
CEST 05:10
KST 12:10
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach0[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon101Weekly Cups (Aug 30-Sep 7): herO thrives amid growing schism10
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Blizzard Classic Cup @ BlizzCon 2026 - $100k prize pool The Death of Cheese: From a Professional Cheeser
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach StarCraft Human 'N' AI League
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10257 users

Ultra Street Fighter IV - Page 369

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 367 368 369 370 371 668 Next
Check out the new Street Fighter V Thread
Excalibur_Z
Profile Joined October 2002
United States12256 Posts
November 23 2013 16:12 GMT
#7361
On November 23 2013 18:11 FakeSteve[TPR] wrote:
Alleged Sakura changes are:
J.FP hurtbox increased
EX Tatsu +2 on block

ok, cool, no problem. fix the dumb stuff.


LK TATSU -1 ON BLOCK
OTOSHI NO LONGER GRANTS HARD KNOCKDOWN

OK COOL CAPCOM NEUTER THE CHARACTER COMPLETELY

guys what the fuck am i gonna do? lk tatsu being -1 instead of 0 might not seem like much but if you play with people who can properly time buttons coming out of blockstun, it's a MASSIVE nerf. Against a huge portion of the cast, her pressure is now effectively OVER after they block a lk tatsu. All right, that I could deal with by itself. But to remove the hard knockdown on Otoshi? There are SO many matchups that Sakura wins, or only loses a little, because of her strong okizeme and corner setups. If those are gone, she's left with so little. Not only is she gonna be utterly free to every defensive footsies character, but her WINNING matchups that are based on her oki (ie, Seth, Sagat, etc) are going to flip because of this.

I understand that she's strong in 2012. I don't understand how they can propose so many buffs to characters like Rog, Honda, Chun, and Rose and then still completely GUT this character. What's she gonna do against any of those guys in Ultra if these changes go through? Nothing, sit around and hold that 4-6. This is a sad fucking day. Every other character that has combo damage comparable to hers also enjoys a much more complete grounded footsies game, a fucking 3 frame reversal, SOMETHING that goes in tandem with their damage to make the opponent CHOOSE OPTIONS on defense, so you can make a read and get your damage.

If these changes actually go through, I'm not just dropping Sakura, I might quit the game entirely. That's obviously an overreaction, but I am so fucking SAD right now


Just to echo what Cel.erity said, delayed wakeup automatically ruins those setups anyway. It doesn't matter how much of a delay there is, either. Whether it's 1 frame, 5 frames, 10 frames, it requires a completely different setup and if they implement it properly, there won't be a way to identify whether the opponent is electing for delayed wakeup after a knockdown. And, if they really did neuter all the unblockables in addition, that hurts her more than most because you're right, she's completely reliant upon those unblockable/ambiguous setups.

The LK tatsu nerf is pretty ridiculous if that goes through. It's a tough situation because having any special that's 0 on block means you will always be able to spam it for free, which Bison and Sakura players did. Every other character is going to hate that, and they did. This also completely screws up something like the Hakan matchup where you can never meaty LK tatsu or you eat an Ultra 1.

And I didn't hear anything about the hitstun on her EX Shou's second hit being increased, which can produce a stupid situation where an EX Shou from max distance will hit for the first rotation, but get blocked for the second.
Moderator
a3den
Profile Joined April 2012
704 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-11-23 17:11:01
November 23 2013 16:59 GMT
#7362
I hate Bison so I like this :D

I'm a scrub but I'm gonna play that god tier Makoto, can't wait to karakusa fp exfuki fuki extsurugi into stun, so goood ! Gonna lose anyway so at least I'll have some swag combos.
Noocta
Profile Joined June 2010
France12578 Posts
November 23 2013 20:53 GMT
#7363
Well, to be honest, I always found it a bit silly that Otoshi gave a hard knockdown without even reaching the 3rd hit.
" I'm not gonna fight you. I'm gonna kick your ass ! "
sung_moon
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States10110 Posts
November 23 2013 22:54 GMT
#7364
On November 23 2013 21:13 FakeSteve[TPR] wrote:
Well, I'm actually legitimately playing KoF13, that satisfies me for now. Mature/Leona/Yuri represent, world's biggest Leona fanboy reporting in


Thank you. As a now devoted KOF13 main player, as well as a Yuri user I'm happy by this post.

I'll pick this game up again once Ultra drops though (and if this new pre-season League patch stays the same LOL).
Forever Young
Duka08
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
3391 Posts
November 24 2013 00:08 GMT
#7365
ain
Profile Joined July 2010
Germany786 Posts
November 24 2013 00:09 GMT
#7366
The guy whos testing the ultra changes by requests on twitter says that 2nd otoshi hit still does a hard knockdown for what its worth.
Noocta
Profile Joined June 2010
France12578 Posts
November 24 2013 13:41 GMT
#7367
Damn Humanbomb is pretty good.
I'm perhaps not as impressed for now as I was by Juso tho.

Finals of team coming up

http://fr.twitch.tv/tgucfgc

Haitani, Humanbomb, Sako versus Infiltration, Gackt, Xian
" I'm not gonna fight you. I'm gonna kick your ass ! "
Arceus
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
Vietnam8333 Posts
November 24 2013 16:39 GMT
#7368
what a series between Infil and Sako. Shotos mirror has never been so good
Noocta
Profile Joined June 2010
France12578 Posts
November 24 2013 17:34 GMT
#7369
Haitani is bringing the hype.
You NEED to watch the vod of Haitani vs Xian Grand finals.
" I'm not gonna fight you. I'm gonna kick your ass ! "
Arceus
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
Vietnam8333 Posts
November 24 2013 17:37 GMT
#7370
if theres something even better than the matches themselves, it's the freaking commentator. absolutely hilarious, very similar to japanese ones
Loire
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
Singapore1358 Posts
November 24 2013 17:44 GMT
#7371
Wow what a final series, and yes Zhi is pretty fuckin hilarious hahaha
Noocta
Profile Joined June 2010
France12578 Posts
November 24 2013 17:46 GMT
#7372
Well it's Zhi, you ever love him and hate the guy lol.

Watch the games if you can people, awesome matches.

Result spoilers
+ Show Spoiler +
Haitani reset the bracket 5-4
Xian won 5-2 in Grand Finals.
" I'm not gonna fight you. I'm gonna kick your ass ! "
Arceus
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
Vietnam8333 Posts
November 24 2013 17:49 GMT
#7373
lol I followed his twitter for so long and didnt recognize him commentating
gg Thaitani, although I think you play terrible in some rounds and that wall-dive overhead is gay Some of the best thourney this year
Noocta
Profile Joined June 2010
France12578 Posts
November 25 2013 15:49 GMT
#7374
Youtube vods available for the Finals



" I'm not gonna fight you. I'm gonna kick your ass ! "
Duka08
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
3391 Posts
November 25 2013 18:18 GMT
#7375
Wow great series. Thanks for the links.
LuckoftheIrish
Profile Joined November 2011
United States4791 Posts
November 25 2013 18:53 GMT
#7376
As a person whose primary interest is watching, I gotta say I'm really excited for the USF changes. It's going to be quite nice to see some new characters.
On Twitter @GosuGamers_LotI | Grubby has a huge head!
KDot2
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States1213 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-11-26 02:58:55
November 26 2013 02:43 GMT
#7377
Is there really any reason to get a fancy new stick like a razor or fighting edge over the madcatz TE sticks ?

I can afford any of them I just want the best stick available

Edit: Im leaning towards the fighting edge stick.... its really appealing to me let me know if anyone has it and likes or dislikes it
Lemstar
Profile Joined October 2010
United States387 Posts
November 26 2013 03:01 GMT
#7378
On November 26 2013 11:43 KDot2 wrote:
Is there really any reason to get a fancy new stick like a razor or fighting edge over the madcatz TE sticks ?

I can afford any of them I just want the best stick available

Edit: Im leaning towards the fighting edge stick.... its really appealing to me let me know if anyone has it and likes or dislikes it

All of them are identical in core functionality, outside of the Qanbas/Eightarcs that are dualmodded out of the box. If you'll never need to play on a different platform, get whatever you want; it'll all be the same.
Cel.erity
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States4890 Posts
November 26 2013 03:07 GMT
#7379
If you play with the stick on your lap, go Qanba, the felt keeps it from shifting around. Otherwise most sticks come with all Sanwa parts, so there isn't a lot of difference between them.
We found Dove in a soapless place.
FakeSteve[TPR]
Profile Blog Joined July 2003
Valhalla18444 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-11-26 03:12:04
November 26 2013 03:11 GMT
#7380
The Razer stick is a real nice piece of work, its got tons of little luxuries like the fact that it opens easily for modding, and that the cable is detachable from the outside and can be stored inside, rather than the shitty little plastic door on every other stick. if you want something that looks good and has a few extra perks, pick that stick up.

But what everyone else said here is true - Qanba and Eightarc sticks are dual modded, which is nice, but I find EightArc sticks a little flimsy, and Qanba stick PCBs seem to crap out after a year or two. As long as what you're buying uses Sanwa parts, it's of comparable quality to everything else, cuz those parts (buttons, joystick) are what really matter. The rest is mostly aesthetics.

I use a Madcatz TE round 2 and it's awesome.
Moderatormy tatsu loops r fuckin nice
Prev 1 367 368 369 370 371 668 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
00:00
2026 GSTL: Grand Finals
CranKy Ducklings135
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
23:00
OSC Masters Cup #151 Qualifier
davetesta33
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 180
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 10381
Terrorterran 12
Dota 2
monkeys_forever1106
NeuroSwarm191
febbydoto16
League of Legends
JimRising 711
Counter-Strike
taco 298
minikerr40
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King245
hungrybox110
Other Games
summit1g9354
Maynarde212
ArmadaUGS46
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick406
StarCraft: Brood War
Kim Chul Min (afreeca) 12
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 169
• Letter148
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 4
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo801
• Rush502
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
6h 50m
Soma vs Jaedong
WardiTV Weekly
7h 50m
Monday Night Weeklies
12h 50m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 6h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 6h
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 20h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.