• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:13
CEST 23:13
KST 06:13
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War655.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 547 Temple Of Terror Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch) ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
The Link Between Gaming and …
TrAiDoS
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 13360 users

Tribes: Ascend - FPS announced by Hi-Rez Studios. - Page 140

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 138 139 140 141 142 196 Next
Rouel
Profile Joined March 2009
Sweden138 Posts
April 12 2012 16:19 GMT
#2781
Sentinel weapons seem to be sidegrades like with many other classes. Just remember to disable the reticule because it's bigger than what you're shooting.
Alakabon
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada111 Posts
April 12 2012 16:41 GMT
#2782
On April 13 2012 01:19 Rouel wrote:
Sentinel weapons seem to be sidegrades like with many other classes. Just remember to disable the reticule because it's bigger than what you're shooting.


They changed it a bit in the last patch, the dot is gone now so the sight isnt that bad anymore, at least on the bxt but I guess they did the same for the phase rifle. Now you have a semitransparent white/grey + to aim with.
Muey
Profile Joined August 2007
Finland149 Posts
April 12 2012 18:49 GMT
#2783
On April 13 2012 01:19 Rouel wrote:
Sentinel weapons seem to be sidegrades like with many other classes. Just remember to disable the reticule because it's bigger than what you're shooting.

The falcon really is a straight up upgrade. There is literally no advantage to using the nova blaster unless you have 100% accuracy.
Rouel
Profile Joined March 2009
Sweden138 Posts
April 12 2012 19:40 GMT
#2784
They have a launch promotion at http://massively.joystiq.com/ which is a free Soldier Spinfuser unlock.
Camail
Profile Joined August 2011
United States1030 Posts
April 12 2012 21:07 GMT
#2785
So yea, collision detection is still an issue...and it made my stats look weird.

+ Show Spoiler +

[image loading]

[image loading]


I will never live up to the greatness!
http://i.imgur.com/IPxgv.png
Scalepad
Profile Joined July 2010
Sweden366 Posts
April 12 2012 21:45 GMT
#2786
FFFFFF, why is it so hard to find a team ;_; seems like there are only super cereal teams
clik
Profile Joined May 2010
United States319 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-12 21:48:43
April 12 2012 21:47 GMT
#2787
Well I'm really digging it except I can't freaking stand playing pubs in objective team games. They induce endless amounts of rage and I'm not one for that kind of behavior, it's a big reason why I don't play mobas. I can't do everything at once. If I type "we need more defense" I get trolled. If I type "we need more offense" I get the typical "you mad?" So I find myself just being a kill whore in TDM every time I log in.
Jetaap
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
France4814 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-13 18:59:07
April 12 2012 22:04 GMT
#2788
If anyone need a redeemable code to unlock the spinfuser, ask it by MP i already have it and I have a spare code ^^

edit: i gave the code already, maybe you can still get one there:
http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/04/12/celebrate-the-launch-of-tribes-ascend-with-a-new-weapon-on-us/
TBone-
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States2309 Posts
April 12 2012 22:58 GMT
#2789
Yo guys, Tribes hit #2 on reddit! http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/s684g/tribes_ascend_a_free_to_play_scifi_fps_launches/
Eve online FC, lover of all competition
Count9
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
China10928 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-13 01:08:57
April 13 2012 01:06 GMT
#2790
Does anyone know what exactly goes into the xp calculations? Or is there a post here or elsewhere on that?

Btw, for anyone that doesn't know, there's a free spinfuser giveaway for the soldier class.
Coriolis
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1152 Posts
April 13 2012 01:36 GMT
#2791
Too bad the default loadout is superior to any soldier spinfusor loadout.
Descolada in everything not TL/Starcraft
Celestia
Profile Joined February 2011
Mexico376 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-13 03:21:15
April 13 2012 03:21 GMT
#2792
Do you think this game should be a must have on an internet cafe like LoL? I'm about to download it.
Thereisnosaurus
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Australia1822 Posts
April 13 2012 06:26 GMT
#2793
yeah absolutely. It's perfect to fit alongside games like SC2 and LoL to fill out the comp side of Lan play.
Poisonous Sheep counter Hydras
Jetaap
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
France4814 Posts
April 13 2012 06:26 GMT
#2794
On April 13 2012 12:21 Celestia wrote:
Do you think this game should be a must have on an internet cafe like LoL? I'm about to download it.

Yeah it's by far the best F2P fps
LoLAdriankat
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States4307 Posts
April 13 2012 07:15 GMT
#2795
On April 13 2012 10:36 Coriolis wrote:
Too bad the default loadout is superior to any soldier spinfusor loadout.

If only it was possible to run AR+Spinfusor.
HwangjaeTerran
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Finland5967 Posts
April 13 2012 08:22 GMT
#2796
Logged in today with my old optimized .ini and got 60 FPS, there's still some bloom/DOF/something going on but not too much.

It was actually +5 FPS more than what I used to get & on that new map too,with all the rain and fog, sick hotfix ^^
https://steamcommunity.com/id/*tlusernamehere*/
Tryhat
Profile Joined March 2012
160 Posts
April 13 2012 09:32 GMT
#2797
I used to play Tribes 2 on a high level (competitively in on of the best teams, although it was very long ago). I've tried this game out for a short while and it seems kinda fun. Anyway, as a light defender I used disc launcher and chaingun. As a light defender here, all I have is a disc launcher and some kind of useless (?) shotgun? Chasing against competent players seem like it would be very hard, as the chaingun was the weapon mainly used for that. Is the assault rifle (for 100k xp) any good?

Also, in T2 you could throw mines and then shoot them with the disc so the guy you were fighting took damage from both explosions. Is there anything like that here?

Also, heavy offense seems pretty nerfed what with everyone beginning with full gear. But I don't know about Doombringer and that other class that isn't Juggernaut. Are the medium classes any good? As I remember, no one used to play them competitively in T2 (not when I was playing anyway). It was either Light or Heavy.
DrainX
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
Sweden3187 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-13 09:57:54
April 13 2012 09:50 GMT
#2798
On April 13 2012 18:32 Tryhat wrote:
I used to play Tribes 2 on a high level (competitively in on of the best teams, although it was very long ago). I've tried this game out for a short while and it seems kinda fun. Anyway, as a light defender I used disc launcher and chaingun. As a light defender here, all I have is a disc launcher and some kind of useless (?) shotgun? Chasing against competent players seem like it would be very hard, as the chaingun was the weapon mainly used for that. Is the assault rifle (for 100k xp) any good?

Also, in T2 you could throw mines and then shoot them with the disc so the guy you were fighting took damage from both explosions. Is there anything like that here?

Also, heavy offense seems pretty nerfed what with everyone beginning with full gear. But I don't know about Doombringer and that other class that isn't Juggernaut. Are the medium classes any good? As I remember, no one used to play them competitively in T2 (not when I was playing anyway). It was either Light or Heavy.

The LAR(Light Assault Rifle) is necessary if you want to chase. It's not as good as the other automatic weapons since it fires bursts, but in the hands of a good player it can work wonders. There is nothing like throwing mines and hitting them with disks. Medium is really good in T:A. Most people play Light or Medium. Heavy is more uncommon and mostly used for HoF. Raider is the best class for almost any 1on1 situation and Soldier is really good allround for both offense and defense.
frd
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
France164 Posts
April 13 2012 09:53 GMT
#2799
On April 13 2012 18:32 Tryhat wrote:
I used to play Tribes 2 on a high level (competitively in on of the best teams, although it was very long ago). I've tried this game out for a short while and it seems kinda fun. Anyway, as a light defender I used disc launcher and chaingun. As a light defender here, all I have is a disc launcher and some kind of useless (?) shotgun? Chasing against competent players seem like it would be very hard, as the chaingun was the weapon mainly used for that. Is the assault rifle (for 100k xp) any good?

The Light Assault Rifle is very much worth it, and is plainly superior to the Shotgun for chasing. It does 80 dmg a shot, fires in bursts of three rounds, can be fired while zoomed, and has damage fall-off.

Also, in T2 you could throw mines and then shoot them with the disc so the guy you were fighting took damage from both explosions. Is there anything like that here?

Nope. Closest you'd get (I suppose) is a Soldier hitting someone with a disc and a proximity grenade mid-air (but there's no interaction like the one you describe between the two).
d6Mesh
Profile Joined March 2011
Netherlands445 Posts
April 13 2012 10:19 GMT
#2800
On April 13 2012 04:40 Rouel wrote:
They have a launch promotion at http://massively.joystiq.com/ which is a free Soldier Spinfuser unlock.

Awesome thanks a lot for this.
Prev 1 138 139 140 141 142 196 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #3
ZZZero.O159
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
EmSc Tv 17
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 17052
Calm 1987
Shuttle 329
White-Ra 236
Mini 185
ZZZero.O 159
firebathero 73
soO 12
Sacsri 5
League of Legends
Doublelift39
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5116
Liquid`Hasu53
Other Games
summit1g8688
FrodaN2183
Liquid`RaSZi2104
fl0m1222
crisheroes305
Pyrionflax200
IndyStarCraft 199
Livibee192
ToD179
C9.Mang087
Mew2King61
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick999
BasetradeTV229
StarCraft 2
angryscii 27
EmSc Tv 17
EmSc2Tv 17
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 28
• musti20045 26
• niya90s 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 40
• Azhi_Dahaki38
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1586
• Shiphtur670
• WagamamaTV313
Upcoming Events
OSC
1h 47m
Replay Cast
1h 47m
OSC
14h 47m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 13h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
[ Show More ]
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.