• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:35
CEST 06:35
KST 13:35
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20260Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck?
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8721 users

PC Games Sales Thread - Page 96

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 94 95 96 97 98 698 Next
KoTakUEurO
Profile Joined May 2011
605 Posts
December 23 2011 00:38 GMT
#1901
mmm yess really enjoying what I've got today!
Torchlight -
Really liking this one. Just finished the entire DeathSpank series so this will be another great substitute for Diablo until D3 comes out! There's a lot of fun to be had here, great Diablo style RPG! And for $3, it's an absolute steal!
Space Marine -
Heard lots of negative comments about this one, so didn't know what to expect. What I got, however, at least for a Warhammer fan like me, was a super fun hack and slash game. It isn't particularly deep, but there's just something satisfying about blowing through orcs with a bolter!
Limbo -
Surprisingly deep puzzle game. The artistic style and overall aesthetic is quite brilliant, and it does a lot in a very small package. After being somewhat disappointed by Braid - another highly acclaimed platform/puzzler, it was good to be pleased with Limbo. *Limbo is by no means Braid btw, just wanted to make a comparison.
ME2 -
Played the hell out of ME1, so probably going to play the hell out of this one too.
And finally, Brink -
Again, this one was pretty negatively regarded, and I really don't see why. It is actually quite a deep team based shooter, you definitely need to work together as a team and make tactical decisions - you can't just run in and lone wolf your way to victory. If you like tactical FPS, I do recommend this.
Loving today's stuff, and am hoping for even more great titles tomorrow!
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
December 23 2011 00:38 GMT
#1902
IMO, most F2P games on Steam are bad.
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
chocopaw
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
2072 Posts
December 23 2011 00:42 GMT
#1903
On December 23 2011 09:20 Durak wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 23 2011 08:34 chocopaw wrote:
Wow todays f2p achievement game, Rise of Immortals, is just SO bad. No idea why anyone would ever want to play it, it's really hard to get the achievement. :D

It's only difficult when your team is bad. I agree that Rise of Immortals is a god awful dota-clone though. League of Legends is similar in style but far far superior.


With hard to get I meant "It's hard to stay long enough in the game to get 10 assists because it's just so fucking awful". =D Can't believe I wasted this time of my life for another fucking piece of coal. xD Yesterdays game, Spiral Knights, was a revelation in comparison to this game.
http://twitter.com/lechocopaw
Psyonic_Reaver
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
United States4343 Posts
December 23 2011 05:14 GMT
#1904
ME1 and ME2 $5 each and I only have $25 to last me until January. Ughhhhhh!!!!!! I WANT THEM BOTH but then it means I literally only have money to fill up my car lol. Fuckkkkkkkkkkkkkk.
So wait? I'm bad? =(
stink123
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States241 Posts
December 23 2011 06:32 GMT
#1905
On December 23 2011 09:42 chocopaw wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 23 2011 09:20 Durak wrote:
On December 23 2011 08:34 chocopaw wrote:
Wow todays f2p achievement game, Rise of Immortals, is just SO bad. No idea why anyone would ever want to play it, it's really hard to get the achievement. :D

It's only difficult when your team is bad. I agree that Rise of Immortals is a god awful dota-clone though. League of Legends is similar in style but far far superior.


With hard to get I meant "It's hard to stay long enough in the game to get 10 assists because it's just so fucking awful". =D Can't believe I wasted this time of my life for another fucking piece of coal. xD Yesterdays game, Spiral Knights, was a revelation in comparison to this game.


Okay I just got this achievement, and it took my friends and i over an hour. After we killed the enemy bots in a teamfight, we would run to their base only to have them respawn within seconds. We were finally able to win by buying random carry items (what I assumed were carry items anyway) and then killing the enemy 2-3 times in a row and finally destroying their main base.

Best way I would describe this game atm, would be to take all the worst elements out of LoL and Dota and put them into the same game. Or if I want to be nice, I'd say this game is still in alpha-testing stage. If I had tried this game without the prize, I'd probably be very angry at having wasted over an hour, but meh.
Megaman703
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
Canada688 Posts
December 23 2011 06:44 GMT
#1906
I did it with 2 random people, we just stood in the middle and the bots came to us, why did it take you an hour?
BlueBird.
Profile Joined August 2008
United States3890 Posts
December 23 2011 07:12 GMT
#1907
On December 23 2011 09:38 KoTakUEurO wrote:
mmm yess really enjoying what I've got today!
Torchlight -
Really liking this one. Just finished the entire DeathSpank series so this will be another great substitute for Diablo until D3 comes out! There's a lot of fun to be had here, great Diablo style RPG! And for $3, it's an absolute steal!
Space Marine -
Heard lots of negative comments about this one, so didn't know what to expect. What I got, however, at least for a Warhammer fan like me, was a super fun hack and slash game. It isn't particularly deep, but there's just something satisfying about blowing through orcs with a bolter!
Limbo -
Surprisingly deep puzzle game. The artistic style and overall aesthetic is quite brilliant, and it does a lot in a very small package. After being somewhat disappointed by Braid - another highly acclaimed platform/puzzler, it was good to be pleased with Limbo. *Limbo is by no means Braid btw, just wanted to make a comparison.
ME2 -
Played the hell out of ME1, so probably going to play the hell out of this one too.
And finally, Brink -
Again, this one was pretty negatively regarded, and I really don't see why. It is actually quite a deep team based shooter, you definitely need to work together as a team and make tactical decisions - you can't just run in and lone wolf your way to victory. If you like tactical FPS, I do recommend this.
Loving today's stuff, and am hoping for even more great titles tomorrow!


I think Brink is kind of cool as well, but from what i've seen the servers are always so empty, so till this day I've only played a few matches. Maybe the reason the servers are so empty is cause the game gets repetitive or lots of glitches or something not sure.

And Warhammer has a decent online mode called exterminatus I think, check it out, it's the best part of the game for me, 4 player co-op vs hordes of orcs.
Currently Playing: Android Netrunner, Gwent, Gloomhaven, Board Games
Yurie
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
12175 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-23 13:45:01
December 23 2011 13:43 GMT
#1908
On December 23 2011 15:44 Megaman703 wrote:
I did it with 2 random people, we just stood in the middle and the bots came to us, why did it take you an hour?


I did it alone. Joined random 5v5 game. All 10 heroes on the same lane since all were there for the achievement. Had it after 10 minutes using an aoe spell to tag as many kills as I could. Problem being I got the kills instead of assists, slowing it down. The game could actually be fun, if it didn't have so many and long spikes. Can't give a fair opinion after one game, seemed interesting if inferior to its competition.

Now I have 7 coals. How does trading them in work? Do I get to pick a game I want or do I get a random one? If I get a random one I'll just keep them for the end draw. ^^
Capresis
Profile Joined September 2008
United States518 Posts
December 23 2011 15:13 GMT
#1909
On December 23 2011 22:43 Yurie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 23 2011 15:44 Megaman703 wrote:
I did it with 2 random people, we just stood in the middle and the bots came to us, why did it take you an hour?


I did it alone. Joined random 5v5 game. All 10 heroes on the same lane since all were there for the achievement. Had it after 10 minutes using an aoe spell to tag as many kills as I could. Problem being I got the kills instead of assists, slowing it down. The game could actually be fun, if it didn't have so many and long spikes. Can't give a fair opinion after one game, seemed interesting if inferior to its competition.

Now I have 7 coals. How does trading them in work? Do I get to pick a game I want or do I get a random one? If I get a random one I'll just keep them for the end draw. ^^


It's random. Sometimes it's a coupon, sometimes it's a game. There is a developing market on the Steam forums if you want to see if you can trade the coals for a game tho.
Durak
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Canada3685 Posts
December 23 2011 16:20 GMT
#1910
On December 24 2011 00:13 Psycho_Gemni wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 23 2011 22:43 Yurie wrote:
On December 23 2011 15:44 Megaman703 wrote:
I did it with 2 random people, we just stood in the middle and the bots came to us, why did it take you an hour?


I did it alone. Joined random 5v5 game. All 10 heroes on the same lane since all were there for the achievement. Had it after 10 minutes using an aoe spell to tag as many kills as I could. Problem being I got the kills instead of assists, slowing it down. The game could actually be fun, if it didn't have so many and long spikes. Can't give a fair opinion after one game, seemed interesting if inferior to its competition.

Now I have 7 coals. How does trading them in work? Do I get to pick a game I want or do I get a random one? If I get a random one I'll just keep them for the end draw. ^^


It's random. Sometimes it's a coupon, sometimes it's a game. There is a developing market on the Steam forums if you want to see if you can trade the coals for a game tho.

Coals are non-tradeable so I don't know how that works.
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
December 23 2011 16:23 GMT
#1911
On December 24 2011 01:20 Durak wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 24 2011 00:13 Psycho_Gemni wrote:
On December 23 2011 22:43 Yurie wrote:
On December 23 2011 15:44 Megaman703 wrote:
I did it with 2 random people, we just stood in the middle and the bots came to us, why did it take you an hour?


I did it alone. Joined random 5v5 game. All 10 heroes on the same lane since all were there for the achievement. Had it after 10 minutes using an aoe spell to tag as many kills as I could. Problem being I got the kills instead of assists, slowing it down. The game could actually be fun, if it didn't have so many and long spikes. Can't give a fair opinion after one game, seemed interesting if inferior to its competition.

Now I have 7 coals. How does trading them in work? Do I get to pick a game I want or do I get a random one? If I get a random one I'll just keep them for the end draw. ^^


It's random. Sometimes it's a coupon, sometimes it's a game. There is a developing market on the Steam forums if you want to see if you can trade the coals for a game tho.

Coals are non-tradeable so I don't know how that works.

Coals are tradeable.
Moderator
Durak
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Canada3685 Posts
December 23 2011 17:31 GMT
#1912
On December 24 2011 01:23 TheYango wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 24 2011 01:20 Durak wrote:
On December 24 2011 00:13 Psycho_Gemni wrote:
On December 23 2011 22:43 Yurie wrote:
On December 23 2011 15:44 Megaman703 wrote:
I did it with 2 random people, we just stood in the middle and the bots came to us, why did it take you an hour?


I did it alone. Joined random 5v5 game. All 10 heroes on the same lane since all were there for the achievement. Had it after 10 minutes using an aoe spell to tag as many kills as I could. Problem being I got the kills instead of assists, slowing it down. The game could actually be fun, if it didn't have so many and long spikes. Can't give a fair opinion after one game, seemed interesting if inferior to its competition.

Now I have 7 coals. How does trading them in work? Do I get to pick a game I want or do I get a random one? If I get a random one I'll just keep them for the end draw. ^^


It's random. Sometimes it's a coupon, sometimes it's a game. There is a developing market on the Steam forums if you want to see if you can trade the coals for a game tho.

Coals are non-tradeable so I don't know how that works.

Coals are tradeable.

You are correct. :S They must have just changed that because I checked that specifically a couple days ago.
RoosterSamurai
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Japan2108 Posts
December 23 2011 18:04 GMT
#1913
I think my wallet is safe. I'm pretty disappointed by today's sale, too.
Bleak
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Turkey3059 Posts
December 23 2011 18:05 GMT
#1914
Rage for 15 dollars, seems like it's worth it to me. Any opinions?
"I am a beacon of knowledge blazing out across a black sea of ignorance. "
Enki
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
United States2548 Posts
December 23 2011 18:15 GMT
#1915
Safe for today. I might have thought about getting Saints Row 3 but I am expecting it for Christmas. Pretty lame sales today :S
"Practice, practice, practice. And when you're not practicing you should be practicing. It's the only way to get better. The only way." I run the Smix Fanclub!
skipgamer
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Australia701 Posts
December 23 2011 18:24 GMT
#1916
The only game I'm picking up today is Back to Future, I've heard it's good.

The games I recommend if you don't already have are Audiosurf (it's just a good casual rythm game to pick up and play every now and then.) And Frozen Synapse (this is an interesting turn-based tactical shooter strategy which is a very intense multiplayer experience if you have a friend who is interested in it.)

Rage is $45 here in Aus even at half price, which is hilarious considering the entire iD complete pack is the same price which includes Rage. Obviously something screwy with our pricing scheme.
One Student
Profile Joined April 2011
73 Posts
December 23 2011 18:28 GMT
#1917
On December 24 2011 03:05 Bleak wrote:
Rage for 15 dollars, seems like it's worth it to me. Any opinions?


If you are looking for a shooter and you like blasting baddies this game does that job quite well. For the adventure/story aspect it doesn't do anything enthralling. I bought the game and played it for a couple of hours before dropping it.
Depression is what you get for leading a repetitive life.
ThaZenith
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada3116 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-23 18:47:27
December 23 2011 18:29 GMT
#1918
If anyone feels tempted for cave story+, remember it's in the humble bundle right now. So you pay 25 cents more and get it, plus 11 other indie games, some of which are pretty good.

Other than frozen synapse being an ok game, (audiosurf is decent if you're into that kind of thing, but there are better music-related games imo) today's sale kinda sucks. Oh well.
Bleak
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Turkey3059 Posts
December 23 2011 18:31 GMT
#1919
On December 24 2011 03:28 One Student wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 24 2011 03:05 Bleak wrote:
Rage for 15 dollars, seems like it's worth it to me. Any opinions?


If you are looking for a shooter and you like blasting baddies this game does that job quite well. For the adventure/story aspect it doesn't do anything enthralling. I bought the game and played it for a couple of hours before dropping it.


I don't expect mind blowing story from an id Software game. Shooting stuff with guns that feel good in terms of use, and good visuals are enough to me. I loved Quake 2 and Quake 4 too.
"I am a beacon of knowledge blazing out across a black sea of ignorance. "
myopia
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States2928 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-23 18:45:46
December 23 2011 18:42 GMT
#1920
EYE should've been a great game, but the devs pushed it out half-baked and the promised, much needed patches are nowhere in sight. Still, it's probly worth $2.50.

I was hoping for a bigger Cave Story+ discount, so far it's the only daily sale I've been interested in.
it's my first day
Prev 1 94 95 96 97 98 698 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 25m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech131
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 11359
Rain 1785
GuemChi 639
FanTaSy 63
sSak 51
Bale 25
Icarus 10
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm215
League of Legends
JimRising 593
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 1126
minikerr38
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox1086
Mew2King80
Other Games
summit1g7310
WinterStarcraft603
C9.Mang0177
ViBE72
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1160
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream57
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Light_VIP 30
• Letter148
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki10
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota288
League of Legends
• Lourlo1235
• Rush770
• Stunt376
Other Games
• Scarra935
• Shiphtur724
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
5h 25m
INu's Battles
6h 25m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
8h 25m
OSC
17h 40m
Replay Cast
18h 25m
OSC
1d 18h
Big Brain Bouts
2 days
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.