• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:36
CEST 23:36
KST 06:36
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2317
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BSL Season 23 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7730 users

PC Games Sales Thread - Page 46

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 44 45 46 47 48 698 Next
Vin{MBL}
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
5185 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-09 04:25:56
July 09 2011 04:18 GMT
#901
Is the witcher good @ $13? I'm thinking of getting it but it might be on a daily deal... was it discounted further when witcher 2 was on sale?
zer0das
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
United States8519 Posts
July 09 2011 05:09 GMT
#902
Pretty sure it was 5 bucks. It was 5 bucks during the Christmas sale too, which is when I got it.
snotboogie
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Australia3550 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-09 07:40:56
July 09 2011 07:35 GMT
#903
I get reallllly realllly scared by horror movies and games. Nevertheless.... I'm gonna go ahead and buy Amnesia for $5.


Wish me luck guys.

EDIT: Watched the video on the Amnesia Steam page and chickened out. Screw that.
Kojak21
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Canada1104 Posts
July 09 2011 08:20 GMT
#904
On July 09 2011 16:35 snotboogie wrote:
I get reallllly realllly scared by horror movies and games. Nevertheless.... I'm gonna go ahead and buy Amnesia for $5.


Wish me luck guys.

EDIT: Watched the video on the Amnesia Steam page and chickened out. Screw that.


do not feel ashamed, many of us have done the same
¯\_(☺)_/¯
DarKcS
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Australia1237 Posts
July 09 2011 08:26 GMT
#905
Boring game.
Galcon fusion = $3 get it :D MP is full as.
Die tomorrow - Live today
Shockk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Germany2269 Posts
July 09 2011 08:40 GMT
#906
I was terribly bored yesterday evening waiting for the NASL to finally start, so I stopped toying with the idea of buying Universe Sandbox and actually did get it.

It's pretty neat. There's no goal to fulfil as it truly is a sandbox, but there are several pre-made scenarios you can play out (Earth and Moon to fool around with - what would happen if the moon had Saturn's rings? Pretty impressive sight!), things like the Shoemaker/Levy-comets hitting Jupiter and many more. Also, if you've ever wanted to watch the Milky Way and Andromeda Galaxy collide, here's your opportunity.

I've had two semesters of astronomy some time back, so I find all of that really interesting and fun to play around with. According to some blogs and reviews, the actual math behind it all is pretty impressive as well, but that's beyond my understanding .).

As a neat bonus, the (single!) developer seems to be very passionate about his project, will often answer questions on the Steam forums and his own discussion boards and respond to emails as well.

TL;DR: If you're (remotely) interestend in astronomy, like to play around with sandbox enviroments and want to support a cool indie developer, get it.
Arnstein
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Norway3381 Posts
July 09 2011 09:50 GMT
#907
On July 09 2011 17:40 Shockk wrote:
I was terribly bored yesterday evening waiting for the NASL to finally start, so I stopped toying with the idea of buying Universe Sandbox and actually did get it.

It's pretty neat. There's no goal to fulfil as it truly is a sandbox, but there are several pre-made scenarios you can play out (Earth and Moon to fool around with - what would happen if the moon had Saturn's rings? Pretty impressive sight!), things like the Shoemaker/Levy-comets hitting Jupiter and many more. Also, if you've ever wanted to watch the Milky Way and Andromeda Galaxy collide, here's your opportunity.

I've had two semesters of astronomy some time back, so I find all of that really interesting and fun to play around with. According to some blogs and reviews, the actual math behind it all is pretty impressive as well, but that's beyond my understanding .).

As a neat bonus, the (single!) developer seems to be very passionate about his project, will often answer questions on the Steam forums and his own discussion boards and respond to emails as well.

TL;DR: If you're (remotely) interestend in astronomy, like to play around with sandbox enviroments and want to support a cool indie developer, get it.


Amen! He is also seriously considering making it available for mac as well. People should really get it, I love it so much!
rsol in response to the dragoon voice being heard in SCII: dragoon ai reaches new lows: wanders into wrong game
me_viet
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Australia1350 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-09 13:45:09
July 09 2011 13:43 GMT
#908
Hey I want to buy the Napoleon/Empire Total war pack, however I already got Napoleon. Is there a way I can buy the pack, but keep napoleon as a gift?

EDIT: I just want to buy Empire, but it's $20 here in Australia...and the whole pack is only $16.99 lol
AntiLegend
Profile Joined September 2010
Germany247 Posts
July 09 2011 13:50 GMT
#909
can anyone gift me the uncut version of Fallout 3 GOTY? I can pay via paypal or just gift something similarly priced back.
Antipathy
Profile Joined June 2008
United States222 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-09 15:01:07
July 09 2011 14:00 GMT
#910
On July 09 2011 22:43 me_viet wrote:
Hey I want to buy the Napoleon/Empire Total war pack, however I already got Napoleon. Is there a way I can buy the pack, but keep napoleon as a gift?

EDIT: I just want to buy Empire, but it's $20 here in Australia...and the whole pack is only $16.99 lol


If you bought the bundle, any components of the bundle that you already own SHOULD turn into giftable items. At least that's what happened to me when I bought the Potato Sack back during Portal 2 launch. I already owned Super Meat Boy but bought the bundle anyways, ended up being able to gift the extra copy of Super Meat Boy.

EDIT: ACTUALLY, beware of doing this. I looked into it some more and it seems like they will only do this for you in special cases.

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=4502-TPJL-2656
"All give some, some give all"
FezTheCaliph
Profile Joined February 2010
United States492 Posts
July 09 2011 14:07 GMT
#911
never played the mass effects but both are 6.80 or both deluxe for 20. Is the deluxe edition that much better?
It is better to be on hand with ten men then absent with ten thousand
me_viet
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Australia1350 Posts
July 09 2011 14:09 GMT
#912
On July 09 2011 23:00 Antipathy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 09 2011 22:43 me_viet wrote:
Hey I want to buy the Napoleon/Empire Total war pack, however I already got Napoleon. Is there a way I can buy the pack, but keep napoleon as a gift?

EDIT: I just want to buy Empire, but it's $20 here in Australia...and the whole pack is only $16.99 lol


If you bought the bundle, any components of the bundle SHOULD turn into giftable items that you own. At least that's what happened to me when I bought the Potato Sack back during Portal 2 launch. I already owned Super Meat Boy but bought the bundle anyways, ended up being able to gift the extra copy of Super Meat Boy.


Really? I bought the Heroes of Might and Magic bundle, and chose 'for myself" at the counter. If I chose 'as a gift" would the individual components be separated? or will it just have the whole pack as a gift?
Antipathy
Profile Joined June 2008
United States222 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-09 15:02:13
July 09 2011 14:18 GMT
#913
On July 09 2011 23:09 me_viet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 09 2011 23:00 Antipathy wrote:
On July 09 2011 22:43 me_viet wrote:
Hey I want to buy the Napoleon/Empire Total war pack, however I already got Napoleon. Is there a way I can buy the pack, but keep napoleon as a gift?

EDIT: I just want to buy Empire, but it's $20 here in Australia...and the whole pack is only $16.99 lol


If you bought the bundle, any components of the bundle SHOULD turn into giftable items that you own. At least that's what happened to me when I bought the Potato Sack back during Portal 2 launch. I already owned Super Meat Boy but bought the bundle anyways, ended up being able to gift the extra copy of Super Meat Boy.


Really? I bought the Heroes of Might and Magic bundle, and chose 'for myself" at the counter. If I chose 'as a gift" would the individual components be separated? or will it just have the whole pack as a gift?


In that scenario, I'm not sure. I would guess that the components would be separated but I couldn't tell you from firsthand experience. All I know is that already owned components of a bundle (at least in the case of the potato sack) are turned into giftable items.

EDIT: Scratch that. Check out this link from Steam that explains it:

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=4502-TPJL-2656
"All give some, some give all"
TheImmortal
Profile Joined September 2010
Hong Kong84 Posts
July 09 2011 14:46 GMT
#914
On July 09 2011 08:18 SKC wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 09 2011 08:07 Jedi Master wrote:
[...](if your an RPG fan) is [...] and Mass Effect 2!


Mass Effect 2 is no RPG! It's a shooter with Story and Atmo. No Items/No Skilltree/Talents.


There are skill trees and items actually. It's not as RPGey as some other titles, but that sentence is wrong. Hell, people call Zelda an RPG sometimes, it's definatelly not a clear definition. ME isn't that diferent from recent RPGs like Dragon Age.


Mass effect is not an rpg in the purest form. rpg is a genre formed when final fantasy started. that sort of story and battle menu made rpg games. what you see nowadays that have a role playing feel to them are usually called wrpg. you can argue that mass effect is a role playing game and hence should be called an rpg, but rpg is a genre formed years ago, which has the abbreviation of role playing games, but does not necessarily mean it is a role playing game in the western sense. true rpg do not really convey a sense of freedom cause it's a wat of telling a story that the author wrote rather than writing your own story.
antelope591
Profile Joined October 2007
Canada820 Posts
July 09 2011 15:07 GMT
#915
On July 09 2011 13:15 masterbreti wrote:
Still rather torn on picking up one of the mass effect games. They looks rather fun to play. But I really didn't like previous bioware games. I know it sounds odd but I really didn't enjoy kotor or dragon age.


If you didn't enjoy kotor and DA I doubt you'll enjoy ME...maybe ME2 if you like shooters cause its closer to a third person shooter than an RPG.
Kezzer
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
United States1268 Posts
July 09 2011 15:12 GMT
#916
On July 10 2011 00:07 antelope591 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 09 2011 13:15 masterbreti wrote:
Still rather torn on picking up one of the mass effect games. They looks rather fun to play. But I really didn't like previous bioware games. I know it sounds odd but I really didn't enjoy kotor or dragon age.


If you didn't enjoy kotor and DA I doubt you'll enjoy ME...maybe ME2 if you like shooters cause its closer to a third person shooter than an RPG.

i don't know about that, i didnt like kotor or da, but me&me2 are my favorite games of all time. then again i liked bioshock 2 and not bioshock 1 so maybe im weird
caelym
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States6430 Posts
July 09 2011 15:18 GMT
#917
Mass Effect series for $7 is an absolute steal. It's almost insulting for a game of ME's caliber. Don't let this opportunity pass by.
Enox
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany1667 Posts
July 09 2011 15:21 GMT
#918
hmm.. i guess I'm weird too. i picked both MEs up at the last steam sale. played the 1st for 3h and then the 2nd for 5h. wasn't that impressed by both games tbh, but guess that's just me
If you think it's too hard there are solutions other than asking for a nerf, getting better is the first that comes to mind.
Zocat
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany2229 Posts
July 09 2011 15:34 GMT
#919
On July 09 2011 23:46 TheImmortal wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 09 2011 08:18 SKC wrote:
On July 09 2011 08:07 Jedi Master wrote:
[...](if your an RPG fan) is [...] and Mass Effect 2!


Mass Effect 2 is no RPG! It's a shooter with Story and Atmo. No Items/No Skilltree/Talents.


There are skill trees and items actually. It's not as RPGey as some other titles, but that sentence is wrong. Hell, people call Zelda an RPG sometimes, it's definatelly not a clear definition. ME isn't that diferent from recent RPGs like Dragon Age.


Mass effect is not an rpg in the purest form. rpg is a genre formed when final fantasy started. that sort of story and battle menu made rpg games. what you see nowadays that have a role playing feel to them are usually called wrpg. you can argue that mass effect is a role playing game and hence should be called an rpg, but rpg is a genre formed years ago, which has the abbreviation of role playing games, but does not necessarily mean it is a role playing game in the western sense. true rpg do not really convey a sense of freedom cause it's a wat of telling a story that the author wrote rather than writing your own story.


Since computer RPGs are heavily influenced by P&P RPGs I would argue with you that a "true" RPG does convey the biggest sense of freedom possible.
You also say "RPG is a genre formed when final fantasy started".
Wizardry, Ultima, Bard's Tale were all release before FF and would certainly fall under the genre "RPG" (those games led to a ton of offsprings, like Eye of the Beholder, Dungeon Master, Realms of Arknia, ...). Even disregarding roguelikes.
I agree that we need to diverse between JRPGs and WRPGs, but saying one thing is the "true" form and basing this on the age like you do, well WRPGs would win.

That being said - it's hard to define Mass Effect. If someone would ask me "What genre is Mass Effect?" I would immediatly say "RPG". But when looking for reasons "it has THIS therefore it is a RPG" - I dont know. But I cannot find such a reason for any other game I define as a RPG as well.


About buying Mass Effect:
You have to like story / dialog / character interaction. You have to like shooting (3rd person shooter). You should like doing quests.
Numy
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
South Africa35471 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-09 15:41:12
July 09 2011 15:40 GMT
#920
On July 09 2011 23:46 TheImmortal wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 09 2011 08:18 SKC wrote:
On July 09 2011 08:07 Jedi Master wrote:
[...](if your an RPG fan) is [...] and Mass Effect 2!


Mass Effect 2 is no RPG! It's a shooter with Story and Atmo. No Items/No Skilltree/Talents.


There are skill trees and items actually. It's not as RPGey as some other titles, but that sentence is wrong. Hell, people call Zelda an RPG sometimes, it's definatelly not a clear definition. ME isn't that diferent from recent RPGs like Dragon Age.


Mass effect is not an rpg in the purest form. rpg is a genre formed when final fantasy started. that sort of story and battle menu made rpg games. what you see nowadays that have a role playing feel to them are usually called wrpg. you can argue that mass effect is a role playing game and hence should be called an rpg, but rpg is a genre formed years ago, which has the abbreviation of role playing games, but does not necessarily mean it is a role playing game in the western sense. true rpg do not really convey a sense of freedom cause it's a wat of telling a story that the author wrote rather than writing your own story.


I don't even know what to say. RPGs did not start at final fantasy. In fact the earlier RPS were modeled after the role playing table games.

While wiki isn't the greatest source it at least gives a better picture : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Role-playing_video_game#History_and_classification

RPGs these days have various different sub genres but saying one is not a true RPG is just plain silly. A JRPG is still a RPG same was as Mass Effect is still an RPG.
Prev 1 44 45 46 47 48 698 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 24m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nathanias 264
SteadfastSC 113
Nina 109
StarCraft: Brood War
910 64
Bale 15
Super Smash Bros
PPMD46
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu1083
Other Games
summit1g6956
Grubby2254
shahzam592
Liquid`Ken4
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream27
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• musti20045 62
• Hupsaiya 38
• Hinosc 24
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21308
Other Games
• imaqtpie839
• Shiphtur279
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
1h 24m
Afreeca Starleague
12h 24m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
13h 24m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 2h
Patches Events
1d 18h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
OSC
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.