• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:43
CEST 15:43
KST 22:43
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)69Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror mca64Launcher 2.0
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7638 users

PC Games Sales Thread - Page 45

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 43 44 45 46 47 698 Next
Battleaxe
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States843 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-08 19:23:07
July 08 2011 19:21 GMT
#881
On July 09 2011 04:07 djcube wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
On July 09 2011 03:56 Krehlmar wrote:
Go buy Amnesia.

No arguing, do it.

They got so much acclaim, and every nerd (such as myself) validate that acclaim, yet they've sold piss-poor amounts of copies.


Amnesia is a game you can feel good about buying and playing, you're doing a good deed whilst being a selfish westerner!

There was so much hype for this game that when I finally bought it off amazon for like $5 a week ago, I stopped playing after like an hour and a half. It's just not fun. Yes, I was playing with headphones, at night, and with my room lights off. I saw a few streams of the game and nothing stood out to me as enjoyable, but I figured if it's getting so much praise then there's probably more to the game; I was wrong. Congrats if you enjoyed it, but to anyone else who's watched streams of it and didn't find it appealing, don't expect much more.


I am also afraid of this. I'm hoping I'll enjoy this game, and really for the $5 or whatever it is I don't mind buying it either way. Just hoping people claiming they were legitimately scared actually had a good reason to be. Are there any games relatively comparable that also caused the same reaction from people who were actually scared by this game?

I'd try to find some stream videos but I'm afraid doing that would partially ruin the scary factor of this game
Without a community, we're all just a bunch of geeks.
Shockk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Germany2269 Posts
July 08 2011 19:25 GMT
#882
On July 09 2011 04:21 Battleaxe wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 09 2011 04:07 djcube wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
On July 09 2011 03:56 Krehlmar wrote:
Go buy Amnesia.

No arguing, do it.

They got so much acclaim, and every nerd (such as myself) validate that acclaim, yet they've sold piss-poor amounts of copies.


Amnesia is a game you can feel good about buying and playing, you're doing a good deed whilst being a selfish westerner!

There was so much hype for this game that when I finally bought it off amazon for like $5 a week ago, I stopped playing after like an hour and a half. It's just not fun. Yes, I was playing with headphones, at night, and with my room lights off. I saw a few streams of the game and nothing stood out to me as enjoyable, but I figured if it's getting so much praise then there's probably more to the game; I was wrong. Congrats if you enjoyed it, but to anyone else who's watched streams of it and didn't find it appealing, don't expect much more.


I am also afraid of this. I'm hoping I'll enjoy this game, and really for the $5 or whatever it is I don't buying it either way. Just hoping people claiming they were legitimately scared actually had a good reason to be. Are there any games relatively comparable that also caused the same reaction from people who were actually scared by this game?


Amnesia was downright scary for me, no exaggeration. The only game that came even remotely close was Doom³; but that wasn't horror, it was only shock effects.

In Doom³ I was suprised or startled every now and then and genuinely shocked a couple of times by some brilliant scripted events. In Amnesia, I literally stopped playing on several occasions. However, to maximize the game's potential, I mostly played at night, when alone, and with speakers/headphones turned up.

I found the game to be an extremely interesting experience. And for 5$ or 3.75€, it's a steal.
skindzer
Profile Blog Joined May 2005
Chile5114 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-08 20:47:47
July 08 2011 19:47 GMT
#883
Bought Amnesia and Audiosurf. Support indie developers!! Also, although its not on discount afaik, get Super Meat Boy, best game of 2010.
Its not only the rain that brings the thunder
KOFgokuon
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States14912 Posts
July 08 2011 19:50 GMT
#884
You missed super meat boy, on sale earlier

I got total war, heard good things about it and wanted to buy SOMETHING. This DL is taking FOREVER though
gn1k
Profile Joined July 2010
United States441 Posts
July 08 2011 20:16 GMT
#885
Today I am getting Mass Effect 2.
Everyone who hasn't played Fallout 3 should get it. It is one of my favorite games of all time. I have beat it like 6-8 times and done everything there is to do.
Creator of Street Empires and APM TD
Excessive
Profile Joined April 2010
Denmark151 Posts
July 08 2011 20:42 GMT
#886
Was just waiting for Mass Effect 1 + 2 to go on sale.
freddievercetti
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
224 Posts
July 08 2011 20:46 GMT
#887
I would wait out on Mass Effect 2 until they put up a DLC GOTY edition like Dragon Age Ultimate edition. However, I don't see the same for Mass Effect so maybe they won't do it as you have to login to Cerberus Network to download DLCs, not Steam.

I've got Divinity 2 but haven't managed to complete it. Its a hack and slash foremost with some story background, don't know why I stopped midway but I did.

Worms is a game best played with friends. Its not very fun playing against bots, so its value is diminished if you don't have friends to play it with.

Fallout 3 GOTY is a pretty good deal, having all the DLCs, but I heard the DLCs aren't all that great themselves though. I also own the original Fallout 3 retail.

Amnesia I'm staying away since I don't have balls of molten steel.

Also what is Greenmangaming.com, saw it a few posts before. It looks like a new Steam competitor.
LedFarmer
Profile Joined October 2010
United States161 Posts
July 08 2011 21:46 GMT
#888
The must buys of today's sale (if your an RPG fan) is Fallout 3 GOTY edition and Mass Effect 2!

10.19 US for FO3 with ALL the DLC is a steal all by itself. 6.80 US for ME2 is also a steal. Both games you will not regret in less you don't have time to play games both of these games together are at least 200 hours of fun.
I don't read the script. The script reads me.
Arnstein
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Norway3381 Posts
July 08 2011 21:56 GMT
#889
Universe Sandbox is so good! I bought it a few months ago. I recommend everybody to buy it!
rsol in response to the dragoon voice being heard in SCII: dragoon ai reaches new lows: wanders into wrong game
onmach
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States1241 Posts
July 08 2011 22:51 GMT
#890
I didn't buy anything last christmas sale, but this time I've already gotten 6 games, and there is still two days of sales left.

Recettear is a cool little casual game where you run an item shop. It is actually way better than it sounds. The only problem is its style is super anime overload and so you can't let anyone see you play it.

Then I got bionic commando rearmed, and that's a pretty damned good game so far. I jacked up the difficulty and once I got comfortable with the controls I'm having a good time.

I picked up one called alpha protocol that looks interesting.

And today I picked up mass effect 1&2 and fallout 3. I held out for a long time because I have extreme doubts as to whether I'll like them. Everyone rants and raves about them and for the price I can't really say no. I have a feeling I'm going to hate them, but whatever.

So I've got 6 new games, and I've spent a total of like 35 bucks on them. They will probably last me the next six months.
MoonfireSpam
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United Kingdom1153 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-08 23:02:00
July 08 2011 22:59 GMT
#891
If I didn't like Mass Effect 1 but have enjoyed Dragon Age, Assassins Creed and Final Fantasy would you recommend Fallout 3? Only played bits of Fallout Tactics(?) and kinda liked it. I have no idea which of those Fallout 3 is closest to.

Edit: I have no doubt it's a great game, but based on the above am I likely to enjoy it?
freddievercetti
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
224 Posts
July 08 2011 23:07 GMT
#892
Fallout 3 is well not close at all to any of them. Its closest to Oblivion. From your list I would say ME1, but then its open world game, so there once you get out of the starting area you can do whatever you want, meaning not follow the questline. All the others you have listed follow a plotline to go from place to place. You should watch oblivion/fallout 3 on youtube to get a sense really, can't describe.
Jedi Master
Profile Joined June 2011
Germany185 Posts
July 08 2011 23:07 GMT
#893
[...](if your an RPG fan) is [...] and Mass Effect 2!


Mass Effect 2 is no RPG! It's a shooter with Story and Atmo. No Items/No Skilltree/Talents.
♥ MVP_Keen ♥ oGs.MC ♥ LiquidTLO ♥ mouzThorZain ♥ Moletrap ♥
SKC
Profile Joined October 2010
Brazil18828 Posts
July 08 2011 23:18 GMT
#894
On July 09 2011 08:07 Jedi Master wrote:
Show nested quote +
[...](if your an RPG fan) is [...] and Mass Effect 2!


Mass Effect 2 is no RPG! It's a shooter with Story and Atmo. No Items/No Skilltree/Talents.


There are skill trees and items actually. It's not as RPGey as some other titles, but that sentence is wrong. Hell, people call Zelda an RPG sometimes, it's definatelly not a clear definition. ME isn't that diferent from recent RPGs like Dragon Age.
URfavHO
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States514 Posts
July 09 2011 00:29 GMT
#895
I bought Fallout 3 and played for about 2 hours, then I alt tabbed and couldn't get back into the game. I suggest saving prior to exiting the game XD. From the 2 hours it seems like a fun game that I'd be willing to sink more time into.
MoneyHypeMike
Profile Joined March 2010
Canada305 Posts
July 09 2011 00:52 GMT
#896
I bought Killing Floor and I have 2 spare guess passes if someone need... PM me !
Jedi Master
Profile Joined June 2011
Germany185 Posts
July 09 2011 01:06 GMT
#897
[quote]There are skill trees and items actually. [/quote

There are 4 Skills you can max to Level4 thats a Joke and the Items are only visual and have no stats and the different weapons are not really useful. I used the standard-mg from start to finish.
♥ MVP_Keen ♥ oGs.MC ♥ LiquidTLO ♥ mouzThorZain ♥ Moletrap ♥
Dance.
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States389 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-09 01:50:55
July 09 2011 01:50 GMT
#898
nvm
It is what it is...
GigaFlop
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States1146 Posts
July 09 2011 02:22 GMT
#899
Thought I should share this

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ "Shift-Q oftentimes makes a capital Q" - Day[9] || iNcontrol - Alligator from heaven = ^
masterbreti
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Korea (South)2711 Posts
July 09 2011 04:15 GMT
#900
Still rather torn on picking up one of the mass effect games. They looks rather fun to play. But I really didn't like previous bioware games. I know it sounds odd but I really didn't enjoy kotor or dragon age.
Prev 1 43 44 45 46 47 698 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
WardiTV Weekly
20:00
WardiTV Mondays #107
IntoTheiNu 1541
WardiTV885
OGKoka 239
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 239
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 8090
Bisu 2684
FanTaSy 2619
Jaedong 1579
Shuttle 1400
Horang2 671
EffOrt 519
BeSt 434
Stork 328
actioN 323
[ Show more ]
Larva 322
Mini 254
Mind 111
Barracks 104
Zeus 103
910 95
Sea.KH 70
Snow 67
Mong 57
hero 40
ToSsGirL 38
Sexy 31
Bale 30
Shinee 29
soO 27
Killer 26
sorry 26
JYJ 24
Aegong 22
Yoon 22
Free 19
HiyA 18
Shine 17
scan(afreeca) 15
Sacsri 8
zelot 8
Icarus 6
Noble 5
Terrorterran 3
Dota 2
Gorgc4826
qojqva1983
Dendi1041
febbydoto33
Counter-Strike
fl0m1716
Heroes of the Storm
Lowko473
Other Games
singsing2714
olofmeister1153
hiko1058
B2W.Neo709
Livibee650
crisheroes339
XaKoH 290
XBOCT233
Pyrionflax216
Hui .194
Liquid`VortiX170
QueenE59
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream29
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 22
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 19
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2601
• Jankos2070
Other Games
• WagamamaTV180
Upcoming Events
Monday Night Weeklies
2h 17m
Replay Cast
9h 17m
Afreeca Starleague
20h 17m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
21h 17m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 10h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.