• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:35
CEST 00:35
KST 07:35
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War565.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning? TL Sidebar missing streams Rollback Netcode in Brood War
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8898 users

PC Games Sales Thread - Page 185

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 183 184 185 186 187 698 Next
Daray
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
6006 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-19 04:30:08
July 19 2012 04:29 GMT
#3681
On July 19 2012 12:05 Elegance wrote:
Mannnnn I don't know if i wanna shell out 20gigs of downloading for dragon age: origins


Isn't it 13gb?

Anyways everyone who is at all into this genre should buy it. -75% 7,49€ Flash sale.
Candadar
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
2049 Posts
July 19 2012 04:38 GMT
#3682
On July 19 2012 13:29 Daray wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 19 2012 12:05 Elegance wrote:
Mannnnn I don't know if i wanna shell out 20gigs of downloading for dragon age: origins


Isn't it 13gb?

Anyways everyone who is at all into this genre should buy it. -75% 7,49€ Flash sale.


DA:O and Awakening were great games.

Dont get DA2 though.

Never ever.
deth2munkies
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4051 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-19 04:59:07
July 19 2012 04:58 GMT
#3683
On July 19 2012 13:38 Candadar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 19 2012 13:29 Daray wrote:
On July 19 2012 12:05 Elegance wrote:
Mannnnn I don't know if i wanna shell out 20gigs of downloading for dragon age: origins


Isn't it 13gb?

Anyways everyone who is at all into this genre should buy it. -75% 7,49€ Flash sale.


DA:O and Awakening were great games.

Dont get DA2 though.

Never ever.


It's not as good as DA: O, but it's not THAT bad.

After slogging through most of DA: O, I found it refreshing to swap to DA 2 and have faster battles where I got to use skills more often (was not a fan of the waves of guys spawning behind you and killing your mages while you weren't looking for half a second though). The story is much weaker (and several plot points make NO FUCKING SENSE*), the characters are largely forgettable, and it's not particularly difficult, but it's still a high quality game.

*Spoilers:

+ Show Spoiler +
If you pick the mage character, you'll run into a billion people prejudiced against mages, saying how they should be locked up, etc. when you're carrying a fucking staff and throwing fireballs right in front of them and they CAN'T FIGURE IT OUT.

The characters are so stereotyped that they will literally ignore reason to fit a certain personality trait. Most notably is Fenris, who is pretty much OK will killing women, children, non-mages, and pretty much anyone so long as he gets to stick it to mages in some situations, then gets all huffy about civilian casualties and excess cruelty in other situations. And he NEVER changes those opinions in spite of any actions you take.

You can't stop Anders from essentially nuking the Chantry and starting a war no matter what you say to him earlier. Even if you take the convo options that mellow him out or exorcise him (I didn't do it, but I saw you could), he STILL does it.

Candadar
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
2049 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-19 05:27:51
July 19 2012 05:17 GMT
#3684
That's precisely why it sucked.

The story made absolutely no sense, had terrible pacing, had downgraded graphics, downgraded writing, and the combat was basically bash a few buttons to watch enemies explode in a ridiculous fireworks show of blood and then 40 more jump down from the rooftops around you in waves after waves. Did I mention how much they dicked up the graphics? Not even on a technical level (which were horrible, dont get me wrong) but on an aesthetic level and bug level. I also have to reinforce how just shit the writing was. Jesus Christ it felt like a fanfic or something, not a AAA game. I don't know how anyone can call that anything more than a disappointment to Dragon Age.

It was THAT bad. Maybe if it wasn't titled Dragon Age 2 but something else, maybe. But it's a sequel and has to stand up to the original, and the original outshines in every single department out there.

EDIT: Fuck I'm mad now because I'm just thinking back to it. The combat was so boring (or "streamlined" as they put it) that the only way to compensate is by literally having enemies respawn in fucking front of you aka jumping down from rooftops to swarm you as you button mashed your abilities. It required NO tactical thought. The mother fucking spiritual successor to Baldurs Gate turned into a button masher.

Let's compound this on the absolutely SHIT and forgettable characters, the implementation of the dialogue wheel which is a direct downgrade from actual fucking dialogue options, oh and how could I forget. We're in a huge ass fucking city and it's DEAD. DEAD. There is literally NO ONE in the city that you can talk to and interact with. You just run around a CORRIDOR city. Seriously the game feels like you are running down a corridor the whole time instead of actually exploring big city areas.

This game has absolutely nothing to fucking do with the previous two games which were released. It is just you running around as Hawke going I NEED MONEY TO DO STUFF until some bullshit happens that you don't care about and then Hawke being literally the least likable protagonist ever and then LOL EVERYONE IS A BLOOD MAGE. I dont even have to fucking spoiler that. Is DA:O blood magic was fucking horrible and something very rare. It was a forbidden art that was very rarely seen, and quickly squashed out if it was. From the get go it's like everyone around you is showing off how much of an edgy teenager they are while they cut their wrists and beat you up with the blood.

Also, the musical composer for DA2 said on 3/11/11 to IGN (http://music.ign.com/articles/115/1154594p1.html):

"Unlike other titles from Bioware, this was kind of a rush job", he tells IGN. "EA really wanted to capitalize on the success of Origins, so the game was really being pushed hard to be released now."

Well there you fucking have it.
Mysticus
Profile Joined April 2011
298 Posts
July 19 2012 05:23 GMT
#3685
Not to mention there are approximately 4 maps in the game that are reused approximately 100 times each.

DA2 is a really, really bad game.
GGTeMpLaR
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States7226 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-19 05:27:32
July 19 2012 05:27 GMT
#3686
It wasn't as good as DA:O (not many games are imo), but it was still a decent game.
Candadar
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
2049 Posts
July 19 2012 05:29 GMT
#3687
On July 19 2012 14:27 GGTeMpLaR wrote:
It wasn't as good as DA:O (not many games are imo), but it was still a decent game.


I agree, if it was a standalone game that came out of nowhere it probably would have been taken in as a pretty decent game. But it wasn't a stand alone game. It was rushed out by EA and was a direct downgrade in about every department from DA:O. It's much like SC: Conviction in that regard.
Mysticus
Profile Joined April 2011
298 Posts
July 19 2012 05:40 GMT
#3688
If it was a standalone game it'd be regarded as exactly what it is: a B-Rated knockoff action RPG.

It'd hit the bargain bin even faster than it already did.
Candadar
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
2049 Posts
July 19 2012 05:43 GMT
#3689
I'm gonna go play DA:O again
LaNague
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Germany9118 Posts
July 19 2012 06:41 GMT
#3690
OK STEAM, just the stalker bundle and sacrifice, this will be my LAST purchase.

OK ONE MORE TIME, just dragon age origins, last purchase!

and so on and so forth

-.-
Duka08
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
3391 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-19 07:13:03
July 19 2012 07:07 GMT
#3691
Thinking about checking out DA:O, but unsure whether to get the normal pack or ultimate pack.

Someone sell me on the game (past page or two already was fun and did a good job lol) but also what specifically is advantageous about the ultimate edition pack thingy
Canucklehead
Profile Joined March 2011
Canada5074 Posts
July 19 2012 07:19 GMT
#3692
I can't sell you on the game cause I never played it, but I bought ultimate because it gives you the expansion pack for an extra $2.50.
Top 10 favourite pros: MKP, MVP, MC, Nestea, DRG, Jaedong, Flash, Life, Creator, Leenock
Enki
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
United States2548 Posts
July 19 2012 07:22 GMT
#3693
The Bit Trip games are now a daily deal. Got Bit Trip Runner, having seen streams of it I can see it being fun in small doses.
"Practice, practice, practice. And when you're not practicing you should be practicing. It's the only way to get better. The only way." I run the Smix Fanclub!
LaNague
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Germany9118 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-19 07:29:44
July 19 2012 07:27 GMT
#3694
DA:O ultimate edition is basically 2 expansion packs (1 expansion and like 6 DLC contents).

In europe, ultimate costs the same as the base game xD.
I almost bought ultimate and the addon, but then i read the description more carefully.



I can recommend DA:o, it has combat similar to NWN and BG, good stories and classes and you can get at least 2 playtroughs out of it without losing in fun-factor.
Kyhol
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Canada2575 Posts
July 19 2012 07:33 GMT
#3695
Pick up Lone Survivor. It's a horror game and it's really cheap! Get on that.
Wishing you well.
lynx.oblige
Profile Joined August 2009
Sierra Leone2268 Posts
July 19 2012 07:36 GMT
#3696
If you don't have Dragon Age: Origins and don't get the ultimate pack for like $7 you are not a real gamer!
Everyone needs a nemesis.
Duka08
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
3391 Posts
July 19 2012 07:39 GMT
#3697
You are about to install Dragon Age: Origins - Ultimate Edition.

Disk Space Required: 24234 MB
Disk Space Available: 26472 MB


Oh ok damn you steam sale taking up all my spaces

I need to get another HDD
nam nam
Profile Joined June 2010
Sweden4672 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-19 07:47:36
July 19 2012 07:44 GMT
#3698
On July 19 2012 16:27 LaNague wrote:
DA:O ultimate edition is basically 2 expansion packs (1 expansion and like 6 DLC contents).

In europe, ultimate costs the same as the base game xD.
I almost bought ultimate and the addon, but then i read the description more carefully.




I can recommend DA:o, it has combat similar to NWN and BG, good stories and classes and you can get at least 2 playtroughs out of it without losing in fun-factor.

I was about to purshase when I saw it myself. oO
On July 19 2012 16:39 Duka08 wrote:
You are about to install Dragon Age: Origins - Ultimate Edition.

Disk Space Required: 24234 MB
Disk Space Available: 26472 MB


Oh ok damn you steam sale taking up all my spaces

I need to get another HDD


That's weird, I'm downloading Origins Ultimate and it's says in the download manager 12,848 MB. What's that about? It also says in the description on the store page that it's 20 GB hdd space required so it would be weird if it was more than 20. Don't know.
Zocat
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany2229 Posts
July 19 2012 07:49 GMT
#3699
On July 19 2012 14:17 Candadar wrote:
EDIT: Fuck I'm mad now because I'm just thinking back to it. The combat was so boring (or "streamlined" as they put it) that the only way to compensate is by literally having enemies respawn in fucking front of you aka jumping down from rooftops to swarm you as you button mashed your abilities. It required NO tactical thought. The mother fucking spiritual successor to Baldurs Gate turned into a button masher.


Every time I blindly button mashed the FF instantly killed all of my teammates.
Sure the random appearing enemies were annoying, but it lead to a style of play I only remember from the oldschool D&D games (ie: Death Knights of Krynn, ...): Your spells are a limited resource, dont waste them as soon as you have the opportunity. Not a "I can jug potions / rest after every single fight and enter every fight with full resources" thing.

The story though was indeed... well.... bad. I also modded my sister back in since I hated Anders.
Duka08
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
3391 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-19 07:50:49
July 19 2012 07:50 GMT
#3700
On July 19 2012 16:44 nam nam wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 19 2012 16:27 LaNague wrote:
DA:O ultimate edition is basically 2 expansion packs (1 expansion and like 6 DLC contents).

In europe, ultimate costs the same as the base game xD.
I almost bought ultimate and the addon, but then i read the description more carefully.




I can recommend DA:o, it has combat similar to NWN and BG, good stories and classes and you can get at least 2 playtroughs out of it without losing in fun-factor.

I was about to purshase when I saw it myself. oO
Show nested quote +
On July 19 2012 16:39 Duka08 wrote:
You are about to install Dragon Age: Origins - Ultimate Edition.

Disk Space Required: 24234 MB
Disk Space Available: 26472 MB


Oh ok damn you steam sale taking up all my spaces

I need to get another HDD


That's weird, I'm downloading Origins Ultimate and it's says in the download manager 12,848 MB. What's that about? It also says in the description on the store page that it's 20 GB hdd space required so it would be weird if it was more than 20. Don't know.

Actually I just remembered, had the same "problem" with a game I installed previously with Steam. I think that includes excess space it needs to "download" the files and THEN install them? Essentially meaning double the space. Idk totally just making up bullshit but I remember the exact same thing happening before and it was almost exactly double the space it ended up being.
Prev 1 183 184 185 186 187 698 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#3 - $100
ZZZero.O164
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Leta 514
ZZZero.O 164
Hyun 91
Dota 2
monkeys_forever302
League of Legends
Doublelift3734
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4531
Liquid`Hasu492
Other Games
summit1g12903
FrodaN1622
JimRising 332
KnowMe229
Livibee199
ViBE75
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick731
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 123
• Adnapsc2 38
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix5
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Scarra772
Other Games
• imaqtpie1045
• Shiphtur559
• tFFMrPink 10
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
11h 25m
Patches Events
16h 25m
BSL Open Qualifier
20h 25m
BSL Open Qualifier
20h 25m
OSC
1d
OSC
1d 13h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.