• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:18
CEST 09:18
KST 16:18
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BSL Season 23 Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder BW General Discussion RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8955 users

999: 9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors. Best DS game? - Page 3

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
NrG.NeverExpo
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Canada2114 Posts
December 22 2010 21:43 GMT
#41
just got a copy working on emulator, so far it seems pretty smooth through the first parts of the game, hope it keeps up. I also hope I get as intrigued as you guys have been while playing this game :D
TwitteR: @NeverExpo follow me, i'll follow back :)
JotunShagrath
Profile Joined April 2009
United States23 Posts
December 22 2010 21:46 GMT
#42
I've been looking forward to playing this game. I try to play every adventure game on the DS, and have been looking for a new one to play since the last Layton game. I'm prolly going to play it today after reading the Destructoid review of it.
Ziken
Profile Joined August 2010
Ghana1743 Posts
December 22 2010 23:54 GMT
#43
This is definitely the best game out for DS this year IMO
Every misfortune is a blessing in disguise.
FakeSteve[TPR]
Profile Blog Joined July 2003
Valhalla18444 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-23 00:02:48
December 23 2010 00:02 GMT
#44
the video game narrative isn't quite dead yet, despite what square-enix would force you to believe. it's great to see this is being received so well
Moderatormy tatsu loops r fuckin nice
MiniTsunami
Profile Joined June 2010
United States274 Posts
December 23 2010 07:19 GMT
#45
I finally finished w/ the good ending, and all I can say is, that game is fucking Amazing! Anyone who owns a DS should definitely try it out :D
Learn from the mistakes of others, because you won't live long enough to make them all yourself.
MegaManEXE
Profile Joined September 2010
United States845 Posts
December 23 2010 17:50 GMT
#46
I finished this game a couple days ago, it's probably in my top 5 or at the very least top 10 DS games.

The events leading up to the last puzzle (even though the puzzle itself was easy) were so damn well done, especially + Show Spoiler +
having to flip the DS upside down, that was a huge FUUUUUUUCK moment for me when I realized what they just did.
PheNOM_
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States417 Posts
December 24 2010 02:24 GMT
#47
I'm pissed. lol. Trying to find this game for my brother as a christmas present, and the 3 places I went to didn't have it, or had sold the last copy today.
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=184006
Chimon
Profile Joined January 2009
Canada82 Posts
December 24 2010 02:27 GMT
#48
On December 23 2010 16:19 MiniTsunami wrote:
I finally finished w/ the good ending, and all I can say is, that game is fucking Amazing! Anyone who owns a DS should definitely try it out :D


Did you get the good or "true" ending? If you got the "good" one, then you definitely have to reach the final ending!

Sucks that Gamespot doesn't have this game up for their Best of 2010 awards.
Scaramanga
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Australia8093 Posts
December 24 2010 04:52 GMT
#49
Apparently no one in australia has this game, all the stores i can think of that stock ds games havnt even heard of it. wtf is this shit.
Loda talked about the fun counter, it's AdmiralBulldog on his natures prophet
blabber
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
United States4448 Posts
December 24 2010 05:57 GMT
#50
you're gonna have to look on online to get your hands on one
blabberrrrr
MiniTsunami
Profile Joined June 2010
United States274 Posts
December 24 2010 10:13 GMT
#51
On December 24 2010 11:27 Chimon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 23 2010 16:19 MiniTsunami wrote:
I finally finished w/ the good ending, and all I can say is, that game is fucking Amazing! Anyone who owns a DS should definitely try it out :D


Did you get the good or "true" ending? If you got the "good" one, then you definitely have to reach the final ending!

Sucks that Gamespot doesn't have this game up for their Best of 2010 awards.


Haha naw I got the true ending and it was excellent I also got every other ending except the dud ending before it though, wanted to experience the game to the fullest :D
Learn from the mistakes of others, because you won't live long enough to make them all yourself.
Kinky
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States4126 Posts
December 25 2010 04:24 GMT
#52
----------Spoilers/Wall of text incoming-----------
+ Show Spoiler +

I just started playing yesterday and so far I got the knife and the sub ending. I couldn't sleep last night because I kept trying to link together the two endings. I got the sub ending first and thought that there had to be a 10th person aside from the original 9. Then at the knife ending Junpei made it seem like the killer was someone in the group, whoever benefited the most from getting Lotus' bracelet. But one person alone wouldn't benefit from Lotus' bracelet since they need 3 people at least to open the 9 door, so the sum of the other 2 peoples' bracelets have to be 10 in order for the 9 door to open, so does that mean 2 killers? The only combos possible would be 4/6 and 3/7. Unless the killer wanted both Junpei's and Lotus' bracelet, which doesn't make sense to me since 5+8=13 and you need 18 for the digital root to be 9, which meant two 5 bracelets.

So this gets me wondering back to the sub ending, whether or not there was a 10th person. The only other person who could've killed Lotus/Seven were either Clover/Santa/Ace if they pretended to be dead or something. Or maybe Snake/9th man aren't actually dead and it was faked or something...

I'm on the third playthrough right now and it seems like this telepathy thing takes on some different form in each route. First I heard about the chemicals from Seven and how they communicated with eachother or something to make a hydrate, then it was about the child experiment, then the dog and lady picture, and then the Ice-9 thing. The real ending probably has something to do with this I'm guessing.

I seriously have to find out wtf is going on x_x
Maero
Profile Joined December 2007
349 Posts
December 25 2010 05:11 GMT
#53
On December 25 2010 13:24 Kinky wrote:
----------Spoilers/Wall of text incoming-----------
+ Show Spoiler +

I just started playing yesterday and so far I got the knife and the sub ending. I couldn't sleep last night because I kept trying to link together the two endings. I got the sub ending first and thought that there had to be a 10th person aside from the original 9. Then at the knife ending Junpei made it seem like the killer was someone in the group, whoever benefited the most from getting Lotus' bracelet. But one person alone wouldn't benefit from Lotus' bracelet since they need 3 people at least to open the 9 door, so the sum of the other 2 peoples' bracelets have to be 10 in order for the 9 door to open, so does that mean 2 killers? The only combos possible would be 4/6 and 3/7. Unless the killer wanted both Junpei's and Lotus' bracelet, which doesn't make sense to me since 5+8=13 and you need 18 for the digital root to be 9, which meant two 5 bracelets.

So this gets me wondering back to the sub ending, whether or not there was a 10th person. The only other person who could've killed Lotus/Seven were either Clover/Santa/Ace if they pretended to be dead or something. Or maybe Snake/9th man aren't actually dead and it was faked or something...

I'm on the third playthrough right now and it seems like this telepathy thing takes on some different form in each route. First I heard about the chemicals from Seven and how they communicated with eachother or something to make a hydrate, then it was about the child experiment, then the dog and lady picture, and then the Ice-9 thing. The real ending probably has something to do with this I'm guessing.

I seriously have to find out wtf is going on x_x


I can help! Pretty spoiler free so you can discover things on your own, but maybe after reading it you can get some sleep (or be kept up more trying to figure out what it all means) :D

+ Show Spoiler +
There is a possibility for only one person to profit from Lotus' bracelet! Is putting your hand on the terminal how you check in, or can you just put the bracelet close enough to the RED to register? Also, the true ending requires another ending to get to, which has quite a bit more exposition and raises even more questions to be answered by the true ending. Speaking of which, it's hard to know which doors you need to go through in order to get to each ending... have you checked out preview B? Then, after getting the prereq ending... you should check out preview A :p

In any case stick with it! It really is amazing and the fact that you have to go through at least one ending to get to another ends up being very important...

Stark1
Profile Joined December 2010
Canada120 Posts
December 25 2010 05:14 GMT
#54
On December 25 2010 13:24 Kinky wrote:
----------Spoilers/Wall of text incoming-----------
+ Show Spoiler +

I just started playing yesterday and so far I got the knife and the sub ending. I couldn't sleep last night because I kept trying to link together the two endings. I got the sub ending first and thought that there had to be a 10th person aside from the original 9. Then at the knife ending Junpei made it seem like the killer was someone in the group, whoever benefited the most from getting Lotus' bracelet. But one person alone wouldn't benefit from Lotus' bracelet since they need 3 people at least to open the 9 door, so the sum of the other 2 peoples' bracelets have to be 10 in order for the 9 door to open, so does that mean 2 killers? The only combos possible would be 4/6 and 3/7. Unless the killer wanted both Junpei's and Lotus' bracelet, which doesn't make sense to me since 5+8=13 and you need 18 for the digital root to be 9, which meant two 5 bracelets.

So this gets me wondering back to the sub ending, whether or not there was a 10th person. The only other person who could've killed Lotus/Seven were either Clover/Santa/Ace if they pretended to be dead or something. Or maybe Snake/9th man aren't actually dead and it was faked or something...

I'm on the third playthrough right now and it seems like this telepathy thing takes on some different form in each route. First I heard about the chemicals from Seven and how they communicated with eachother or something to make a hydrate, then it was about the child experiment, then the dog and lady picture, and then the Ice-9 thing. The real ending probably has something to do with this I'm guessing.

I seriously have to find out wtf is going on x_x


Go for the Safe ending (Ending 4). It'll answer the questions that have popped up for you.
PheNOM_
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States417 Posts
December 25 2010 05:44 GMT
#55
On December 24 2010 14:57 blabber wrote:
you're gonna have to look on online to get your hands on one


That's unfortunate. I hope you can get your hands on a copy. It sold out on amazon a few hours before I tried to buy it... I just wanted to get my bro something cool...
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=184006
We Are Here
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
Australia1810 Posts
December 25 2010 05:52 GMT
#56
how long does it take for the game to kick off, like in phoenix wright the first good case was case 4.
He who turns those around him into allies, possesses the most terrifying ability in the world.
ilovejonn
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
Canada2548 Posts
December 25 2010 05:58 GMT
#57
On December 25 2010 14:52 We Are Here wrote:
how long does it take for the game to kick off, like in phoenix wright the first good case was case 4.

the beginning
Snowflakes in January, Heart warm like February, I wouldn't ordinarily..
Scaramanga
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Australia8093 Posts
December 25 2010 05:59 GMT
#58
On December 24 2010 14:57 blabber wrote:
you're gonna have to look on online to get your hands on one

No idea where to buy games online, any suggestions?
Loda talked about the fun counter, it's AdmiralBulldog on his natures prophet
Kinky
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States4126 Posts
December 25 2010 06:00 GMT
#59
On December 25 2010 14:52 We Are Here wrote:
how long does it take for the game to kick off, like in phoenix wright the first good case was case 4.

Pretty much after 20 minutes in, depends how long it takes you to get to the part where your situation is explained.
GMarshal
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States22154 Posts
December 25 2010 06:07 GMT
#60
This game is really awesome, I love the puzzles. I would have never stumbled upon it if not for the OP, since this isn't really the type of game I play, so thank you very much OP!
Moderator
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 42m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Leta 340
Hyuk 197
Hyun 89
Shinee 64
Hm[arnc] 55
ZergMaN 17
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm181
League of Legends
JimRising 704
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King107
Other Games
summit1g8459
WinterStarcraft525
ArmadaUGS57
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick785
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream179
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2307
League of Legends
• Rush1387
• Lourlo1005
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2h 42m
INu's Battles
4h 42m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
7h 42m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
11h 42m
BSL Open Qualifier
11h 42m
Replay Cast
15h 42m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 2h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 3h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 8h
Replay Cast
1d 15h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.