• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:41
CEST 08:41
KST 15:41
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202614Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10126 users

999: 9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors. Best DS game? - Page 5

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
Perguvious
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States1783 Posts
January 01 2011 02:17 GMT
#81
the sudoku...
lepape
Profile Joined November 2005
Canada557 Posts
January 02 2011 15:07 GMT
#82
I finally bought the game and I must say the storytelling is quite impressive.
G_Wen
Profile Joined September 2009
Canada525 Posts
January 03 2011 06:05 GMT
#83
Don't read until you have fully experienced the game.+ Show Spoiler +
I am crying. This game has literally brought me to tears. I've never seen such a clever use of the DS. Only on this medium would the game make sense. When you flip your DS upside down to finish the sudoku Akane's reflection mirrors your own perfectly. In that one scene where you are both Akane and Junpei it's just too much. No other game has kept me so engrossed in it's story. The presentation was flawless.
ESV Mapmaking Team
Xanbatou
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States805 Posts
January 04 2011 05:04 GMT
#84
The story line doesn't make sense.+ Show Spoiler +
How can akane exist in the present if she died in the past?And if she didn't die in the past, then why does she need to create a second nonary game to ensure that she lived? I think what the developers are trying to say is that akane lived by talked to junpei in the future, but that doesn't make any sense. That's like going back in time and having sex with your mom to become your own dad. =/ The game was awesome, don't get me wrong, but that's such a ridiculous plot device.
Railxp
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
Hong Kong1313 Posts
January 04 2011 05:36 GMT
#85
+ Show Spoiler +

indisputably, the storyline of "im in the present and you have to connect to the past and then fix it for childhood me so that i can be saved instead of destroyed so that i can be here now, and i know how all that has happened even though i am alive now so i must not have been dead then, but if i am alive now what would be the point of going back?" is a train wreck. BUT, that being said, the presentation, the build up, and the cast of characters, the dialog, as well as the integration of the nonary number lock system and the murder mystery makes the game really fucking awesome.

if the plot was a bit more solid, i would be overjoyed. But as it is, despite the plot failings, everything else was flawlessly executed.
~\(。◕‿‿◕。)/~,,,,,,,,>
Stark1
Profile Joined December 2010
Canada120 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-05 05:39:35
January 04 2011 05:36 GMT
#86
On January 04 2011 14:04 Xanbatou wrote:
The story line doesn't make sense.+ Show Spoiler +
How can akane exist in the present if she died in the past?And if she didn't die in the past, then why does she need to create a second nonary game to ensure that she lived? I think what the developers are trying to say is that akane lived by talked to junpei in the future, but that doesn't make any sense. That's like going back in time and having sex with your mom to become your own dad. =/ The game was awesome, don't get me wrong, but that's such a ridiculous plot device.


+ Show Spoiler +

You're pretty much correct; Akane lived by communicating with the future Junpei. However, all it allowed her to do was cheat the timeline; unless she could bring about the exact chain of events which resulted in her past self being saved, a paradox would occur and she would cease to exist. Until the point at which her past self's life was saved, her existence in the current timeline is artificial.

If anything, it seems more unreal to me for Junpei to receive information from another continuum's version of himself at virtually the same point in time (when he suddenly knows what to do with his watch at the coffin).
blabber
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
United States4448 Posts
January 04 2011 05:43 GMT
#87
put story discussions in spoilers, please, thanks.
blabberrrrr
Gummy
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States2180 Posts
January 04 2011 05:57 GMT
#88
I want to give this to my little bro. He's like 13. Will this give him nightmares of the terrifying kind?
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ There are three kinds of people in the world: those who can count and those who can't.
Cade
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada1420 Posts
January 04 2011 11:34 GMT
#89
On January 04 2011 14:57 Gummy wrote:
I want to give this to my little bro. He's like 13. Will this give him nightmares of the terrifying kind?


I think 13 is a bit too young to really understand the game, but if you think he can understand it, it might freak him out a bit but I dunno if it would be traumatizing =D
Xinliben
Profile Joined May 2009
United States931 Posts
January 04 2011 23:41 GMT
#90
I'm just curious, I haven't played this game but played Ever17, the visual novel. I heard the twist is more or less the exact same thing, can anyone who has played both confirm/deny this?
"life of lively to live to life of full life thx to shield battery"
icyangelx
Profile Joined January 2011
United States1 Post
January 08 2011 06:38 GMT
#91
On January 05 2011 08:41 Xinliben wrote:
I'm just curious, I haven't played this game but played Ever17, the visual novel. I heard the twist is more or less the exact same thing, can anyone who has played both confirm/deny this?


+ Show Spoiler +
I played Ever17. The general plot is the same. But.
Ever17= weak/ confusing build ups, awesome and amazing ending.
999= awesome build up, weak ending



"Waffles are pancakes in disguised"
Mikilatov
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States3897 Posts
January 08 2011 07:36 GMT
#92
Just finished playing this game, all the endings... I must say it's perhaps my favorite game narrative ever. I definitely echo the recommendations of everyone else here.
♥ I used to lasso the shit out of your tournaments =( ♥ | Much is my hero. | zizi yO~ | Be Nice, TL.
neobowman
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Canada3324 Posts
January 08 2011 08:26 GMT
#93
People need to port VNs outside Japan more. I mean I'm pretty sure the new version of Umineko would be a huge hit in America if they ported it.
squintz
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada217 Posts
January 08 2011 10:53 GMT
#94
On January 04 2011 14:04 Xanbatou wrote:
The story line doesn't make sense.+ Show Spoiler +
How can akane exist in the present if she died in the past?And if she didn't die in the past, then why does she need to create a second nonary game to ensure that she lived? I think what the developers are trying to say is that akane lived by talked to junpei in the future, but that doesn't make any sense. That's like going back in time and having sex with your mom to become your own dad. =/ The game was awesome, don't get me wrong, but that's such a ridiculous plot device.


It's quite simple really
+ Show Spoiler +
morphogenetic fields.
OPSavioR
Profile Joined March 2010
Sweden1465 Posts
January 08 2011 11:58 GMT
#95
Sounds awesome im gonna try to get this work on my comp...
i dunno lol
Furlisht
Profile Joined May 2010
Belgium177 Posts
January 18 2011 20:31 GMT
#96
Wow, special thanks to OP and people bringing Ever17 in the discussion, I directly grabbed Ever17 and then 999 and this was really an extremely great experience. I really recommend it to everybody who likes good stories.

As said by certain people, you really feel that the same team wrote the two scenarios ^^.

spoiler (for 999 and Ever17)
+ Show Spoiler +
For people saying the storyline does not make sense with time paradox, i think you probably need to see the thoughts "travelling" from junpei tu akane as Blick Winkel in Ever17. Like something that is above everything and that can see all the possible timelines and parrallel universes. That's really how i managed to get a decent explanation out of it
JIJIyO
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Canada1957 Posts
February 01 2011 03:53 GMT
#97
So I just got a bad end, but this game is awesomeeeeee. I only have one ending, so I haven't opened any spoilers yet. So I was wondering if I should play the second play through with + Show Spoiler +
memories or not
? What did you guys do on your second play through?
KT_Violet
trias_e
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States520 Posts
February 01 2011 14:29 GMT
#98
Always play through with memories. It's intended that you do so, and will help to make sure you go down a different path by greying out the options you've already selected.

The game's just getting good JIJIyO, you're in for a treat
Zuor
Profile Joined September 2010
Finland377 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-16 15:44:58
February 15 2011 21:30 GMT
#99
Oh man, I bought this game solely because of the comments I read here and I just finished my first playthrough in just a few days. I really didn't find out that much but I'm so excited to start this all over again.

I wish I could just forget about school for the rest of the week and just play this awesome game.

EDIT: Just finished this again (it's so quick when you just skip the parts you've already seen and the puzzles aswell are superfast) and I somehow managed to get the same ending AGAIN. TT So now I've gotten twice the ending with

+ Show Spoiler +


Everyone dying and Junpei dying at the room with the submarine. The first time I just happened to choose the door with "2" on it, since I got a choice. This time I didn't even get to choose, I forced myself to the door "3" (that was the one where Snake was found dead) and eventually just had to go to "2" again. I guess I shouldn't force myself to find Snake the next time, just go for the other doors and in the drawing just choose another door.

I gotta say, quite frustrating to have complete the game twice and I still know so little about the story. Oh well, another round coming up later in the evening.

Panictek
Profile Joined April 2010
United Kingdom34 Posts
February 16 2011 18:36 GMT
#100
Anyone know whether this is going to get an EU release or am i going to have to splash out on one thats been imported from the US?
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
Liquipedia
OSC
07:15
Masters Cup #151 Group C
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 3957
Mong 76
sorry 47
ToSsGirL 41
Icarus 8
Noble 7
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King156
Other Games
summit1g8079
WinterStarcraft609
ceh9356
Sick157
Happy50
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 39
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki27
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2286
League of Legends
• Lourlo1164
• Stunt395
Other Games
• Shiphtur565
Upcoming Events
OSC
16h 19m
Big Brain Bouts
1d 3h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 10h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 12h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.