• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:22
CEST 10:22
KST 17:22
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202615Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6907 users

999: 9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors. Best DS game? - Page 7

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 5 6 7 All
FrostWyrm
Profile Joined March 2011
United States10 Posts
March 21 2011 00:29 GMT
#121
Wow. Just picked this up after reading this thread a while ago. I've never been this into a DS game before. Like, I get entertained, but I don't actually fall into the story and actually pay attention to the details.
sjschmidt93
Profile Joined April 2010
United States2518 Posts
March 21 2011 00:29 GMT
#122
Guess I'll pick this one up whenever I get my 3DS. I'm going to start playing DS games I never could.
My grandpa could've proxied better, and not only does he have arthritis, he's also dead. -Sean "Day[9]" Plott
Zapdos_Smithh
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Canada2620 Posts
March 21 2011 00:42 GMT
#123
You guys are really convincing, going to give it a go tonight.
Jonoman92
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
United States9110 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-29 00:11:34
March 22 2011 19:59 GMT
#124
fml
+ Show Spoiler +
Thought I was doing all good, then boom, stabbed in the back (this Jumpy person can't even hear someone walk up behind him t.t) and "bad ending." I'm only a little ways through my 2nd try. Speeding through text you've read already is nice.


edit:
+ Show Spoiler +
Wowwww just got another "bad ending" where I die. At least this time I got to see my killer... I feel like you make so few choices too, one of my qualms is that most decision don't seem that important, the most important ones being which path you take.


edit:
+ Show Spoiler +
Finally finished the safe, and true endings. It kept me up thinking last night. The ending is good, really good, but I can't say it was the ending I truly wanted.
blabber
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
United States4448 Posts
September 02 2011 06:39 GMT
#125
sequel was announced (for release on the 3DS and PS Vita)
http://psp.ign.com/articles/119/1191558p1.html

hopefully it comes to the USA!

i'm sure it will be a good game, but I don't know if I'll enjoy it like I did with the original 999 since the new one is probably going to use a lot of the same elements as the first
blabberrrrr
Perguvious
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States1783 Posts
September 02 2011 06:49 GMT
#126
my excitement for the sequel was immediately brought down by 3DS and PSVita
Umbrella
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
Taiwan936 Posts
September 02 2011 08:45 GMT
#127
Holy shit a sequel.... on 3DS. =/
Archaeo
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States397 Posts
September 02 2011 09:08 GMT
#128
Wow...I have to get a 3DS now. One of the new characters remind me of Alice.
Yo my chingu!!!
Arnstein
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Norway3381 Posts
September 02 2011 09:38 GMT
#129
The 3DS fucking rocks!
rsol in response to the dragoon voice being heard in SCII: dragoon ai reaches new lows: wanders into wrong game
Furlisht
Profile Joined May 2010
Belgium177 Posts
September 02 2011 09:55 GMT
#130
Well, basically my thought on this sequel is that 3D will ruin the nice graphics and turn into an awful pack of textures seemingly looking like characters.

Xevious
Profile Joined February 2011
United States2086 Posts
September 02 2011 19:33 GMT
#131
This looks sick, gonna have to buy a 3ds then sell it after playing this rofl (and maybe the new zelda game)
Jonoman92
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
United States9110 Posts
October 01 2011 23:57 GMT
#132
Really hope they release it in the US. Perhaps I'll get a 3DS or just play it on emulator.

Whenever the thought of 999 pops back into my head it kind of has a draining effect on me. Was just such an immersive experience.
neobowman
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Canada3324 Posts
October 02 2011 00:09 GMT
#133
I played 999 after a history of PC VNs. Yes, it was good, no it was not great.

The puzzles took away a lot from the story in my opinion. Some people enjoy them, I thought they just delayed going through the routes again. Going through the route each time was a pain in the ass. Going through them the first time was okay. But if I want puzzles, I'd play Pheonix Wright. I'm looking to play a mystery story.

On that note, the story. I did enjoy it quite a bit.+ Show Spoiler +
I thought Ace was suspicious, by virtue of him not having his backstory explained at all. By the same logic, I thought June and Junpei were suspicious. I didn't suspect Junpei because of Knox's 7th. I didn't expect Santa at all though, and I was suspicious of Snake. I was half/half on whether it was his body in the room since it said his head was half destroyed. It didn't specify whether his face was recognizable. Assuming he was alive, he could've been responsible for a lot of what happened. I did figure that it was his body in the coffin. The time paradox spoiler, I didn't even imagine.


But really, a lot of other VNs have comparable or better stories. Ever 17 (By the same person who made 999), G-Senjou no Maou, Umineko No Naku Koro Ni, etc, etc. Also, 999 was rather short.

All in all, good game. Best DS game, I dunno. I haven't played many DS games.
andrewlt
Profile Joined August 2009
United States7702 Posts
October 04 2011 18:00 GMT
#134
The 3d pictures look like it has a lot less personality than the 2d pictures. I don't know if this game will be enough to get me to buy a 3DS, but hopefully it'll have a decent library of other games as well by the time this game is out. I hope this gets localized.
Sbrubbles
Profile Joined October 2010
Brazil5776 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-13 01:02:56
July 13 2012 01:02 GMT
#135
I know this is an old thread but DAMN, what a sick game to play through (multiple times!). I highly recommend this to anyone who has a DS. Goosebumps all the way.

A few thoughts about the endings:
+ Show Spoiler +
1) The June being alive for the second nonary game is a freaky paradox, right? I mean, it's a stable time loop (she gets saved by Junpei as a child then goes back as Zero and runs the second nonary game in order to make Junpei save her), but I still get confused thinking about it. At least it means that all the non-true ending are impossible to happen, they're just "what-ifs" accessed by Junpei's/June's powers.
2) Are Junpei and June both transmitters and receivers? I understood that since Santa was a receiver, June was a transmitter, but she managed to connect to Junpei. Power of love ?
3) What's up with the sub ending? The sub just seems to not make any sense in the original nonary, which had the children going for the door 9. It's strange that the children would have an alternative way to get out. At least it means getting in a sub in the desert means the killer (probably Ace, the one with the knife and the soporil) is doomed.
Bora Pain minha porra!
Prev 1 5 6 7 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 14h 38m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 3289
Soma 276
Rush 267
Killer 121
ToSsGirL 102
Mong 72
Shinee 39
Counter-Strike
ceh9556
byalli546
shoxiejesuss394
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King118
Other Games
summit1g8141
olofmeister675
WinterStarcraft589
Happy377
dupreeh232
Sick213
crisheroes143
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 49
• killerbeecast1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix9
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1005
• Stunt435
Upcoming Events
OSC
14h 38m
Big Brain Bouts
1d 1h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 8h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 10h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.