• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:53
CEST 23:53
KST 06:53
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8403 users

999: 9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors. Best DS game? - Page 2

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
Minzy
Profile Joined May 2010
Australia387 Posts
December 19 2010 09:33 GMT
#21
it crashed on my ds lol. T_T, what i played of it was interesting though.
Huh...
Shinshady
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Canada1237 Posts
December 19 2010 10:26 GMT
#22
I've gotten 4/6 endings + Show Spoiler +
Need to get axe + knife ending I know I left the worse for last =P.
If anyone has questions ask me or go on Gamefaqs... + Show Spoiler +
So many theories on the game, due to the author leaving lots of "plot holes" for players themselves to fill
.

I think this is clearly one of if not the best DS game this year. I haven't gotten around to playing Golden Sun yet, and I'm sorry to say I couldn't find this on the shelf at a local Bestbuy or Futureshop. If your looking to find it I think EB/Gamestop would be your best bet.
BeSt[WHITE] Have a great retirement | "SKT is best KT." - Vortok | http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/7190/ep24hitcombo2small.gif
kane]deth[
Profile Joined October 2009
Canada368 Posts
December 19 2010 23:07 GMT
#23
so I think I got maybe the worst possible ending on my first run.
Thoroughly enjoyed it though, and now I HAVE to play again.
Railxp
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
Hong Kong1313 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-19 23:41:45
December 19 2010 23:29 GMT
#24
i've beaten it on three different play-throughs.

and to paraphrase what another netizen has said about this game:

DONT READ IF YOU HAVENT BEATEN IT ON THE BEST ENDING (or even if your not sure)
+ Show Spoiler +
I've never felt so epic doing sudoku in my life.




oh and i dont think it should be compared to golden sun. Those two games are apples and oranges.

Golden sun has a strong foundation of gameplay, complicated premise, traditional RPG, magic and an alright story to match, it has bossfights and orgasmic summon animations.

999 has a out of the world storyline with good pacing, a simple premise, a cast of very diverse and memorable characters, has zero gameplay outside of point and click escape room puzzles, no boss fights, and copious amounts of reading. It is closer to an interactive graphic novel than it is to a game.

One is a book and the other is an old school RPG, you would never dream of comparing either of those with starcraft. I dont think comparing those two just because they are both on the DS is a legitimate comparison.



====
Edit:

Very very very Mild Spoiler (nothing about the plot) regarding ending choices:





and to those who plan to pick up the game, the game REQUIRES a minimum of two play-throughs to get the best ending possible. Endings are decided by what doors you choose at each point in the game. The best possible ending cannot be obtained until you the opposite of every door you would choose in the good ending. Yeah, sometimes theres 3 doors to choose from so "opposite" would have to be at your own best(or worst) judgment.

It might sound confusing but your choices will be legitimately justified and rewarded :D. Saying anymore and I will be stepping into deep spoiler territory.
~\(。◕‿‿◕。)/~,,,,,,,,>
da_head
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Canada3350 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-19 23:42:02
December 19 2010 23:39 GMT
#25
time to blow the dust off my ds and gives this a whirl

edit: o i thought this was a new game...
no wonder i couldnt find it >.<
When they see MC Probe, all the ladies disrobe.
blabber
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
United States4448 Posts
December 19 2010 23:58 GMT
#26
You should have no problem buying a copy off Amazon... I hear Gamestops and gamestop.com may have it too
blabberrrrr
Chairman Ray
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States11903 Posts
December 20 2010 00:03 GMT
#27
I hate you for introducing me to this game the day before my last exam, but I still love you for introducing me to this game.
Shinshady
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Canada1237 Posts
December 21 2010 01:01 GMT
#28
On December 20 2010 09:03 Chairman Ray wrote:
I hate you for introducing me to this game the day before my last exam, but I still love you for introducing me to this game.

I know right? When someone introduced this to me, I got 2 late penalties on assignments, cause I played it for 2 days straight over the weekend... and that kinda blew out my mark out the water... but I got an extension for one and a waive for the other so I didn't lose anything in the end ^_^ good luck on your exam today if you haven't taken it alrdy. =P

The game is way to enticing to put down.

And I wasn't trying to directly compare to it to Golden Sun 3 knowing the completely different elements of both games, but I mean, a LOT of people are going for GS3 over 999 due to it being exactly as you stated, oldschool. I mean if this came out @ a different time, I'm pretty sure this could've done better (aka like 2 weeks after golden sun cause that game is easy as hell as I've been told)
BeSt[WHITE] Have a great retirement | "SKT is best KT." - Vortok | http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/7190/ep24hitcombo2small.gif
Jesushooves
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada553 Posts
December 21 2010 01:49 GMT
#29
sounds interesting, will take a look
Lose its good, after will be win.
synapse
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
China13814 Posts
December 21 2010 02:04 GMT
#30
On December 21 2010 10:01 Shinshady wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 20 2010 09:03 Chairman Ray wrote:
I hate you for introducing me to this game the day before my last exam, but I still love you for introducing me to this game.

I know right? When someone introduced this to me, I got 2 late penalties on assignments, cause I played it for 2 days straight over the weekend... and that kinda blew out my mark out the water... but I got an extension for one and a waive for the other so I didn't lose anything in the end ^_^ good luck on your exam today if you haven't taken it alrdy. =P

The game is way to enticing to put down.

And I wasn't trying to directly compare to it to Golden Sun 3 knowing the completely different elements of both games, but I mean, a LOT of people are going for GS3 over 999 due to it being exactly as you stated, oldschool. I mean if this came out @ a different time, I'm pretty sure this could've done better (aka like 2 weeks after golden sun cause that game is easy as hell as I've been told)


Easy as hell, but really long. Many text.
:)
OpticalShot
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Canada6330 Posts
December 21 2010 02:11 GMT
#31
Sounds amazing, I should check it out.
[TLMS] REBOOT
Scaramanga
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Australia8093 Posts
December 21 2010 02:52 GMT
#32
I think this is what my brother is getting me for christmas
Loda talked about the fun counter, it's AdmiralBulldog on his natures prophet
Stark1
Profile Joined December 2010
Canada120 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-21 05:00:26
December 21 2010 04:58 GMT
#33
FYI for anyone playing this; if you're looking to get all the endings, there is an optimum pattern to do it in, at least when it comes to getting answers to the questions that pop up. Spoilered just in case.

+ Show Spoiler +
From left to right: Endings 3+5+6 (axe/knife/submarine) should be done before ending 4 (safe), and finally ending 1 (true end). Ending 2 is a dud end, being a cutoff version of the true end; never aim for this ending.
squintz
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada217 Posts
December 21 2010 23:50 GMT
#34
[image loading]

On December 19 2010 14:01 Fdragon wrote:
Is it like Higurashi o.0?
If so it sounds awesome and I might grab it.


The game's design team was led by Kotaro Uchikoshi, who was also the writer of the acclaimed visual novel Ever 17: The Out of Infinity. Grab both.

Preview of Opening Scene
+ Show Spoiler +

The story starts off with Junpei waking up in a ship, with no memory as to how he arrived there. On his wrist lies a bracelet with a single digit, "5", and on the door blocking his escape lies the same number. Suddenly, the window of his room breaks open, and water begins to flood the room.



Fan Art:
+ Show Spoiler +

[image loading]
[image loading]
[image loading]
MiniTsunami
Profile Joined June 2010
United States274 Posts
December 22 2010 00:41 GMT
#35
Haha I just finished my first playthrough of the game, and I must say that it is absolutely AMAZING! I got a bad end though so, time to try again :D
Learn from the mistakes of others, because you won't live long enough to make them all yourself.
MasterDana
Profile Joined March 2008
United States114 Posts
December 22 2010 01:01 GMT
#36
Ahhhhhhhhh, so good. Thanks for showing me it, TL! Such a good (true) ending, with a great twist. <3

I think I might have enjoyed it more than Trials and Tribulations.. D:
<:
Maero
Profile Joined December 2007
349 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-22 05:46:45
December 22 2010 05:45 GMT
#37
super mega ultra spoilers within:
+ Show Spoiler +
The very end of the game, when he says he will solve this one with his own mind and you have to flip the ds over and then you realize WHY it makes sense and the implication...

one of my favorite gaming moments ever, for sure - conveyed the message far better than any text exposition ever could
Mikami_
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Estonia274 Posts
December 22 2010 20:26 GMT
#38
I'm not very good at solving math puzzles T__T
joban
Profile Joined September 2010
179 Posts
December 22 2010 21:00 GMT
#39
I haven't used my DS since I studied abroad in Japan a couple years ago. Thanks for posting this- I might just have to dust it off and play this.
MiniTsunami
Profile Joined June 2010
United States274 Posts
December 22 2010 21:36 GMT
#40
On December 23 2010 06:00 joban wrote:
I haven't used my DS since I studied abroad in Japan a couple years ago. Thanks for posting this- I might just have to dust it off and play this.


That's exactly what I did lol :D It's completely worth the effort to dust it off! I'm in love w/ this game
Learn from the mistakes of others, because you won't live long enough to make them all yourself.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #2
ZZZero.O154
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
JuggernautJason139
BRAT_OK 55
StarCraft: Brood War
Artosis 1098
ZZZero.O 139
Bale 22
ajuk12(nOOB) 6
League of Legends
Doublelift4773
JimRising 593
Counter-Strike
Fnx 908
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby6222
Other Games
summit1g8668
FrodaN3119
KnowMe259
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1398
BasetradeTV290
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream38
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• musti20045 40
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 17
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1130
• Shiphtur206
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
1h 7m
Afreeca Starleague
12h 7m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
13h 7m
Monday Night Weeklies
18h 7m
Replay Cast
1d 1h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 12h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 13h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.