• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:04
CEST 16:04
KST 23:04
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War645.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament BW General Discussion TL Sidebar missing streams [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7582 users

Monday Night Combat (PC) - Page 5

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All
pokeyAA
Profile Blog Joined February 2004
United States936 Posts
February 11 2011 23:27 GMT
#81
Is it just me or do most people completely blow at this game. 90% of the time you see like 2 guys on a team do really well, and the rest going like 3/17 no matter what class they are.

fadestep
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
United States605 Posts
February 12 2011 00:24 GMT
#82
On February 12 2011 08:27 pokeyAA wrote:
Is it just me or do most people completely blow at this game. 90% of the time you see like 2 guys on a team do really well, and the rest going like 3/17 no matter what class they are.



Yeah I agree. Its because a whole bunch of casuals buy it and play it a few times, and a very few really experienced players buy it and just rape all of them. The casuals quit since they are getting owned, the experienced players get better, and new casuals come - even more unprepared than the old ones.

I can pretty much play every match without dying and getting 30+ kills unless somebody decent is on the other team.
not a hero
Sm3agol
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States2055 Posts
February 12 2011 00:46 GMT
#83
On February 12 2011 09:24 fadestep wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 12 2011 08:27 pokeyAA wrote:
Is it just me or do most people completely blow at this game. 90% of the time you see like 2 guys on a team do really well, and the rest going like 3/17 no matter what class they are.



Yeah I agree. Its because a whole bunch of casuals buy it and play it a few times, and a very few really experienced players buy it and just rape all of them. The casuals quit since they are getting owned, the experienced players get better, and new casuals come - even more unprepared than the old ones.

I can pretty much play every match without dying and getting 30+ kills unless somebody decent is on the other team.

What he said. The sad thing is I'm not even that good at FPS. I was a decent CSS player, and pubbed TF2 a little, along with QL, but I've been playing SC2 ever since it came out. It almost saddened me when a week into playing I am dominating people, and they are calling hacks and such.
ak1knight
Profile Joined April 2010
United States313 Posts
February 12 2011 03:32 GMT
#84
On February 12 2011 09:46 Sm3agol wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 12 2011 09:24 fadestep wrote:
On February 12 2011 08:27 pokeyAA wrote:
Is it just me or do most people completely blow at this game. 90% of the time you see like 2 guys on a team do really well, and the rest going like 3/17 no matter what class they are.



Yeah I agree. Its because a whole bunch of casuals buy it and play it a few times, and a very few really experienced players buy it and just rape all of them. The casuals quit since they are getting owned, the experienced players get better, and new casuals come - even more unprepared than the old ones.

I can pretty much play every match without dying and getting 30+ kills unless somebody decent is on the other team.

What he said. The sad thing is I'm not even that good at FPS. I was a decent CSS player, and pubbed TF2 a little, along with QL, but I've been playing SC2 ever since it came out. It almost saddened me when a week into playing I am dominating people, and they are calling hacks and such.


You don't need to great of aim to be good, just need to have good game sense, when to use different abilities, etc. It's a lot like DoTA in that aspect imo. Like I watched a youtube video where someone went on a 30 kill streak just because he would go buy juice, kill all the team in their spawn, then run away unscathed and repeat. That's not necessarily because he had great aim (he was playing tank) but because he knew what best to do at any given time.

Here's the vid btw, streak starts at 6:30:
w00t
Sm3agol
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States2055 Posts
February 15 2011 13:39 GMT
#85
Also, I just got a guest pass, so if anyone wants it, let me know, and I'll send it over.
Deleted User 101379
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
4849 Posts
February 15 2011 13:58 GMT
#86
On February 12 2011 09:46 Sm3agol wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 12 2011 09:24 fadestep wrote:
On February 12 2011 08:27 pokeyAA wrote:
Is it just me or do most people completely blow at this game. 90% of the time you see like 2 guys on a team do really well, and the rest going like 3/17 no matter what class they are.



Yeah I agree. Its because a whole bunch of casuals buy it and play it a few times, and a very few really experienced players buy it and just rape all of them. The casuals quit since they are getting owned, the experienced players get better, and new casuals come - even more unprepared than the old ones.

I can pretty much play every match without dying and getting 30+ kills unless somebody decent is on the other team.

What he said. The sad thing is I'm not even that good at FPS. I was a decent CSS player, and pubbed TF2 a little, along with QL, but I've been playing SC2 ever since it came out. It almost saddened me when a week into playing I am dominating people, and they are calling hacks and such.


I only played 2 rounds of the game in multiplayer and it's really sad how bad people are. I suck at FPS, but i played it 2 times and still got something like 6:3, eventhough i had no clue of what was going on, what the different classes do, etc.
I'm a casual, i expected to get owned 0:50 since - as said - i suck at FPS, but i was #2 in my team (the other team was some clan that of course won easily).

It could be a nice game for many if they play it regularly with a clan and do clan wars and stuff, but for me it's too.... colorful. I'm not a fan of this excessive comic style.
EG.lectR
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States617 Posts
February 15 2011 14:37 GMT
#87
I was looking forward to this game, but when I played it I felt the action was way too scripted.
@colindeshong
AJMcSpiffy
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1154 Posts
February 24 2011 00:06 GMT
#88
I just started playing after seeing the TB video about it. I got my ass handed to me at first, but I looked up a few youtube frag videos and picked up some good tips. Haven't tried all the classes seriously yet but I really enjoy the Assault.

Plus the way the game is presented is awesome I think. The "Pro-Tips" are often times pretty funny and I like the announcer. It might get stale after a while, but for now I'm still enjoying it.
If the quarter was in your right hand, that would've been micro
jtype
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
England2167 Posts
March 18 2011 05:02 GMT
#89
Monday Night Combat is free to play for this weekend. http://store.steampowered.com/app/63200/?snr=1_4_4__40


It is also on sale for 33% off.

I just tried it out and played my first few games. It seems pretty fun. The only thing that's holding it back, as far as I can see, is the seemingly small amount of people playing it. I know that others have said the same thing.

Anyone else playing it or planning on giving it a try?
hidiliho
Profile Joined September 2004
Canada685 Posts
March 18 2011 05:29 GMT
#90
On February 15 2011 22:39 Sm3agol wrote:
Also, I just got a guest pass, so if anyone wants it, let me know, and I'll send it over.


I want a guest pass =)
I have a dream, that some day I wouldn't see any imba comments in GSL threads.
Htiger
Profile Joined February 2011
United States13 Posts
March 18 2011 14:34 GMT
#91
On March 18 2011 14:29 hidiliho wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 15 2011 22:39 Sm3agol wrote:
Also, I just got a guest pass, so if anyone wants it, let me know, and I'll send it over.


I want a guest pass =)


Check out the post directly above your post. MNC is free this weekend until Sunday at 4:00 PM or so. Also, it is on sale until Monday some time, so now is the time to try it out if you are thinking of picking it up.
cydereal
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States193 Posts
March 18 2011 17:55 GMT
#92
Having a LAN Party this weekend with some MNC on the cards. We're in Santa Ana, CA. If you read this and you want to crash a random LAN with a few TL members, shoot me a PM and I'll hook you up with directions!
peekn
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States1152 Posts
March 21 2011 00:53 GMT
#93
Just got done playing through the free weekend and I can say that I enjoyed it. The only drawback and the thing preventing me from purchasing it is the lack of depth to the game. What I mean by this is that there is really only one type of map, the arena style map. What would be nice to see would be the "pros" traveling to other types of galaxies and playing on different worlds basically non-arena settings.

Other than that I really enjoyed the game, although I think that the assassin is a bit too powerful
yallayalla
Profile Joined March 2011
25 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-21 01:04:28
March 21 2011 01:04 GMT
#94
Whenever i tried to play this game, it just wouldnt let me.
Everytime i wanted to connect to a server it just timed out after 2 very long loading screens.
After about 10 trys i get into a game but i also had some random crashes happening, so I needed to try to connect again.

So after 4 hours of played time in Steam , i only did 2 complete multiplayer games, the tutorial and some of the really awkward single player...

Way to go for a free weekend to promote a game :/
NB
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Netherlands12045 Posts
March 21 2011 08:58 GMT
#95
i enjoy the free weekend a lots but i wont buy this since its too addicting and i wana focus on sc2

my roomate said the tank is the best class with the charge + spin combo. For me i prefer support since i just found out how powerfull air strike is and if you hack a long range turret, awesome shits happen across the map xD
Im daed. Follow me @TL_NB
NB
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Netherlands12045 Posts
June 19 2011 17:18 GMT
#96
http://store.steampowered.com/app/63200/

Father day deal, the game goes down to 3.75$... i wonder if its a good deal at all?
Lots of my friend who got this game said the main problem is not a lots of people actually buying it so there is very few sever available. Should i get it at all?
Im daed. Follow me @TL_NB
Durak
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Canada3685 Posts
June 19 2011 23:27 GMT
#97
On June 20 2011 02:18 NB wrote:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/63200/

Father day deal, the game goes down to 3.75$... i wonder if its a good deal at all?
Lots of my friend who got this game said the main problem is not a lots of people actually buying it so there is very few sever available. Should i get it at all?

There are plenty of people who play and lots of servers. That's not an issue.

The game is like TF2+DotA. Definitely worth the cost if you like TF2.
Durak
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Canada3685 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-19 23:33:34
June 19 2011 23:33 GMT
#98
Edit: Oops! Refreshed and it posted again
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 56m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Railgan 82
Codebar 31
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 63078
Bisu 2376
FanTaSy 1410
Stork 667
hero 580
Rush 483
firebathero 215
Snow 210
Mind 114
Last 106
[ Show more ]
Free 100
Sexy 70
Sharp 70
Pusan 68
Trap 41
ToSsGirL 40
Bale 37
Hm[arnc] 31
Mong 29
Terrorterran 20
Aegong 19
Rock 18
HiyA 16
yabsab 16
zelot 15
Noble 13
scan(afreeca) 11
IntoTheRainbow 10
Shine 8
Sacsri 7
Icarus 6
Dota 2
Gorgc8247
Dendi1082
Counter-Strike
byalli1291
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King101
Other Games
gofns41274
singsing2375
fl0m2326
Liquid`RaSZi1209
B2W.Neo624
Beastyqt517
Mlord332
Happy292
Hui .214
Khaldor214
Chillindude18
crisheroes1
KnowMe0
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV237
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• 3DClanTV 301
• HeavenSC 13
• Dystopia_ 5
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FT.aCt)Sony2
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV551
League of Legends
• Nemesis3197
• Jankos3110
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1426
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
56m
BSL Open Qualifier
4h 56m
BSL Open Qualifier
4h 56m
OSC
8h 56m
Replay Cast
8h 56m
OSC
21h 56m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 20h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.