• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:21
CEST 19:21
KST 02:21
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)58Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Fantasy returning? ASL22 General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8618 users

Mass Effect 3 - Page 92

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 90 91 92 93 94 179 Next
s3rp
Profile Joined May 2011
Germany3192 Posts
March 14 2012 11:40 GMT
#1821
On March 14 2012 20:20 Serelitz wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 14 2012 19:08 topoulo wrote:
All i have to say its now clear why their lead writer ( Drew Karpyshyn ) left bioware few months ago , such a glorifying bs ending


Karpyshyn said people disliked his Revan ending too so they shouldn't all put it on him leaving.

Casey Hudson is an ass. Found this on reddit though:

[image loading]

Seems promising. 4chan has been right about me3 leaks before. I'll bet they offer it as DLC though, such utter bullshit.


I believe it when i see it.

BTW: I'm amazed how at how much money the ME3 movement raised for charity as a protest in such a short time.
http://retakemasseffect.chipin.com/retake-mass-effect-childs-play already at 30k $ in a few days.
Praetorial
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
United States4241 Posts
March 14 2012 11:42 GMT
#1822
On March 14 2012 20:40 s3rp wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 14 2012 20:20 Serelitz wrote:
On March 14 2012 19:08 topoulo wrote:
All i have to say its now clear why their lead writer ( Drew Karpyshyn ) left bioware few months ago , such a glorifying bs ending


Karpyshyn said people disliked his Revan ending too so they shouldn't all put it on him leaving.

Casey Hudson is an ass. Found this on reddit though:

[image loading]

Seems promising. 4chan has been right about me3 leaks before. I'll bet they offer it as DLC though, such utter bullshit.


I believe it when i see it.

BTW: I'm amazed how at how much money the ME3 movement raised for charity as a protest in such a short time.
http://retakemasseffect.chipin.com/retake-mass-effect-childs-play already at 30k $ in a few days.


That's amazing...and I believe it. I have been given new hope.
FOR GREAT JUSTICE! Bans for the ban gods!
Duravi
Profile Joined September 2010
United States1205 Posts
March 14 2012 11:52 GMT
#1823
I think the best ending is actually if that marauder kills you before you get to the beam.
s3rp
Profile Joined May 2011
Germany3192 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-14 12:03:22
March 14 2012 12:02 GMT
#1824
On March 14 2012 20:42 Praetorial wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 14 2012 20:40 s3rp wrote:
On March 14 2012 20:20 Serelitz wrote:
On March 14 2012 19:08 topoulo wrote:
All i have to say its now clear why their lead writer ( Drew Karpyshyn ) left bioware few months ago , such a glorifying bs ending


Karpyshyn said people disliked his Revan ending too so they shouldn't all put it on him leaving.

Casey Hudson is an ass. Found this on reddit though:

[image loading]

Seems promising. 4chan has been right about me3 leaks before. I'll bet they offer it as DLC though, such utter bullshit.


I believe it when i see it.

BTW: I'm amazed how at how much money the ME3 movement raised for charity as a protest in such a short time.
http://retakemasseffect.chipin.com/retake-mass-effect-childs-play already at 30k $ in a few days.


That's amazing...and I believe it. I have been given new hope.


Idk about that + Show Spoiler +
after you finish the ending right now the game puts you back to the mission before the Cerberus Base and disregards everything you did after that completely even levels gained . There's no continuation i see after the current ending . So i don't see how they could add something to the ending without completely changing the last mission(s) . And considering the amount of CGI used for the current ending that seems pretty unlikely .
I mean if true yeah great but i'm not getting my hopes up.
iKill[ShocK]
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Vietnam3530 Posts
March 14 2012 12:08 GMT
#1825
ROFL joker just asked liara if her hair tentacles move. almost fell off my chair.
<3 Kim Taeyeon
Telcontar
Profile Joined May 2010
United Kingdom16710 Posts
March 14 2012 12:28 GMT
#1826
http://www.gamefront.com/mass-effect-3-ending-hatred-5-reasons-the-fans-are-right/

This is probably the best article I've read about why the ending is utter crap. If you insist that the ending fine/good, even after reading this article (every word), then either you never really cared for the series, or you're indoctrinated by Bioware/EA.
Et Eärello Endorenna utúlien. Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar tenn' Ambar-metta.
ragnorr
Profile Joined April 2011
Denmark6097 Posts
March 14 2012 12:31 GMT
#1827
On March 14 2012 20:20 Serelitz wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 14 2012 19:08 topoulo wrote:
All i have to say its now clear why their lead writer ( Drew Karpyshyn ) left bioware few months ago , such a glorifying bs ending


Karpyshyn said people disliked his Revan ending too so they shouldn't all put it on him leaving.

Casey Hudson is an ass. Found this on reddit though:

[image loading]

Seems promising. 4chan has been right about me3 leaks before. I'll bet they offer it as DLC though, such utter bullshit.

All the multiplayer shit i couldnt care less about(if its just skins etc). I find selling the ending as a DLC a bad move(But hey they do well in promoting pirating them self by doing it)
lynx.oblige
Profile Joined August 2009
Sierra Leone2268 Posts
March 14 2012 12:33 GMT
#1828
Uh, doesn't it say in that very picture that it is free?
Everyone needs a nemesis.
duckii
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany1017 Posts
March 14 2012 12:45 GMT
#1829
what's with EDI's camel toe and high heels?
FeyFey
Profile Joined September 2010
Germany10114 Posts
March 14 2012 13:32 GMT
#1830
game was as expected. Okay level, bit to many atmosphere breakers . My advice for people, stop playing before you enter the light on earth, game experience will be 40% better without the ending and if you go for yeah now shepard beat them all up.

I guess the Mass Effect series will be remembered by many, like the director wanted. As an ending that was even worse then ff13-2 (personally i liked the game alot and would recommend buying, but again ending ruins the game a bit). For me it looked like they ran out of money/time, while working on the game.

Anyway bought it to do some research and it was fun, not a game that you would recommend to new players in a few years, but still good. But looking at the trend of bioware games, it was probably the last one i bought for more then 10 euro. Unless they move away from the EA ideology of producing the same game every year with a different look.
Iyerbeth
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
England2410 Posts
March 14 2012 13:37 GMT
#1831
I truely hope that free DLC ending image is based on actual facts, I'm so dissapointed with the ending. Everything up to the ending w as easily one of the best games I've ever played and then...that. Hoping against hope something happens to sort it out.
♥ Liquid`Sheth ♥ Liquid`TLO ♥
Ansinjunger
Profile Joined November 2010
United States2451 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-14 13:56:09
March 14 2012 13:55 GMT
#1832
I actually agree to some extent with Casey Hudson making the ending remembered/controversial, but I dislike how everything's aimed at DLC/$$$ these days. Seinfeld ended with similar weirdness and that ended is still remembered and discussed. But I also agree with most everything in the gamefront article, and I really hope for the indoctrination theory shown on page 80 of this thread to go somewhere, otherwise the ending is still dissatisfying.

By the way, anyone know where that was originally posted? I would assume BSN, but I didn't see it on the first couple pages there.

Personally, I felt something was very amiss when Shepard seemed to be in a dream state and speech was slurred during the scene with Anderson and TIM. Everything about the endings kind of bugs me because it all points to Reaper dominance, whether they be recreated in the future by the current galactic cycle, or because they live due to the "control" ending, or with the middle ending. Then again, that all makes sense if you consider how long the Reapers have been doing this. To be blunt, they weren't going to be beaten so easily (as cliche as that sounds), not even by Shepard. That's all a little separate from the grief because of plot holes, loose ends, and other inconsistencies, yet perhaps they can still tie it all together in the future.

The more I think about it, the more the endings could very much make sense if they aren't the "real" endings, in which case Bioware should be applauded for their courage, except for the fact that they're probably gonna charge for DLC. If they can deliver the proper endings with closure and consistency after all of this, we're in some ways much better off, rather than just getting what we expected in the first place. Here's hoping.
RA
Profile Joined October 2008
Latvia791 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-14 14:39:36
March 14 2012 14:15 GMT
#1833
On March 14 2012 21:45 duckii wrote:
what's with EDI's camel toe and high heels?


That's one of the reasons I take her as my second team member. Was surprised at first, too. But since it's there. Why not enjoy it.

On general topic.
I don't see how people praise ME 3 so much. There are so many flaws and so many things they didn't do. Good thing is that they basically did well the things they decided to implement, not all of them obviously. But it's not enough.

For me the ending is the least of the problems. Because I'm running through the game the second time and it's fucking boring. For example - completed Deus Ex 4 times straight, almost the same with SC2 and some other good games.

ME 3 is more of a movie, than a game. Linear, straightforward, lacking missions and free exploration, combat is unsatisfactory. Decent in multiplayer, yet in SP it's either annoying due to high difficulty or absurdly easy. On my scale ME3 is 7-8/10. Which isn't a bad score considering me being picky, yet for this franchise it's not good. I am kinda disappointed overall.
Billy_
Profile Joined September 2010
461 Posts
March 14 2012 15:10 GMT
#1834
If the Reapers were trying to mind fuck us into submission + Show Spoiler +
why even make the "destroy" ending an option. The only way out should be for shepard to realize that he's been mind fucked, not pick any of the three choices and to wake up from the dream state.
Nosferatos
Profile Joined April 2010
Norway783 Posts
March 14 2012 16:04 GMT
#1835
On March 14 2012 21:28 Telcontar wrote:
http://www.gamefront.com/mass-effect-3-ending-hatred-5-reasons-the-fans-are-right/

This is probably the best article I've read about why the ending is utter crap. If you insist that the ending fine/good, even after reading this article (every word), then either you never really cared for the series, or you're indoctrinated by Bioware/EA.


Great article, they touch on all the points, nice find
"Show me the Raven" ~ HMS turns into a mini-nuke, going twice as fast and doing 250 damage over a large area.
MizarAlcor
Profile Joined December 2010
United States21 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-14 16:47:50
March 14 2012 16:47 GMT
#1836
On March 14 2012 21:33 lynx.oblige wrote:
Uh, doesn't it say in that very picture that it is free?

Sadly it's unlikely to be free. Microsoft usually doesn't allow any free DLCs that is not on release day. Many other great games on XBL can't be updated through free DLC because of this. And seeing that ME is pretty much an Xbox game first and foremost (all the MEs on PCs are console ports, the original game wasn't on PS3, and Xbox version of the game is sold much more than PC and PS3 versions), I doubt EA would be willing to sacrifice their Xbox market.
Capped
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom7236 Posts
March 14 2012 16:51 GMT
#1837
On March 15 2012 01:47 MizarAlcor wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 14 2012 21:33 lynx.oblige wrote:
Uh, doesn't it say in that very picture that it is free?

Sadly it's unlikely to be free. Microsoft usually doesn't allow any free DLCs that is not on release day. Many other great games on XBL can't be updated through free DLC because of this. And seeing that ME is pretty much an Xbox game first and foremost (all the MEs on PCs are console ports, the original game wasn't on PS3, and Xbox version of the game is sold much more than PC and PS3 versions), I doubt EA would be willing to sacrifice their Xbox market.


Or just take the piss out of microsoft and sell it for $0.50 while the others get it free.

Are microsoft really the reason we suffer all this DLC crap? i didnt know they didnt allow free updates to games, wtf?
Useless wet fish.
MizarAlcor
Profile Joined December 2010
United States21 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-14 17:00:13
March 14 2012 16:58 GMT
#1838
On March 15 2012 01:51 Capped wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 15 2012 01:47 MizarAlcor wrote:
On March 14 2012 21:33 lynx.oblige wrote:
Uh, doesn't it say in that very picture that it is free?

Sadly it's unlikely to be free. Microsoft usually doesn't allow any free DLCs that is not on release day. Many other great games on XBL can't be updated through free DLC because of this. And seeing that ME is pretty much an Xbox game first and foremost (all the MEs on PCs are console ports, the original game wasn't on PS3, and Xbox version of the game is sold much more than PC and PS3 versions), I doubt EA would be willing to sacrifice their Xbox market.


Or just take the piss out of microsoft and sell it for $0.50 while the others get it free.

Are microsoft really the reason we suffer all this DLC crap? i didnt know they didnt allow free updates to games, wtf?


Well, no, the "From Ashes" DLC not being free is obviously EA's decision, not due to Microsoft. I was just quoting the comment on the apparent rumor from 4chan posted above that (remember, all of these are still rumor) there would be a "true ending" DLC in the future and it would likely be free. My response is that, it's unlikely going to be free, if following the current trend on Microsoft's treatment towards free DLC through XBL.

Most games haven't been able to give their Xbox players free DLC due to this strange policy. One such recent example is probably Bastion, as mentioned in a news article here http://www.giantbomb.com/news/bastion-getting-free-dlc-everywhere-but-xbox-360/3848/. Other posters can probably point out other games in the similar situation, with other non-Xbox-version of those games getting free DLCs for their versions, but Xbox players left in the dark.
HaXXspetten
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Sweden15718 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-14 17:41:38
March 14 2012 17:05 GMT
#1839
This is way too strange to say what is right and wrong, but if "The Truth" is in fact the truth, then I'm all up for it, it can only be an improvement at least :o

Edit:
By the way, I didn't post this yesterday since I thought it was just a temporary Origin-bug, but it's still here so I guess it's seemingly permanent: Yesterday evening when I logged on to multiplayer, I immediately got the Store screen up and running, and I could buy a Starter Pack. (Yes, a second one) This was obviously a glitch, but I was like sure, why not take some free stuff, so I took it, and got the contents... however in doing so, instead of just giving me the stuff in it, it replaced some of the stuff I got from my real Starter Pack, namely the two characters I got with it. (But nothing else) I got my Krogan Sentinel and Turian Soldier replaced with a Drell Vanguard and a Turian Sentinel. I wouldn't say that was a good trade, but I guess it's acceptable, but here's the most fucked up thing of all: The class I played latest before this happened was my Krogan Sentinel, which means that that was my currently selected class, however I no longer possess it, yet I still have it chosen and can still use it 100% like normal... except if I go to the character screen, he's grayed out and unpromoteable. I suspect that if I so much as switch to another char for any time at all, I will be unable to go back to my Krogan... so I guess I'll keep going with this one until 20 since I love the class, and then take my chances and it won't be too horrible if I lose it, if anything I'll eventually get it back when luck is on my side once more with the Spectre Packs. On the character screen it also says that I have 255 of all 4 different kinds of equipment, even though I don't >.>

Anyone else had any experience with anything of this sort before? Would love to get some clarity on the matter -.-
APurpleCow
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
United States1372 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-14 17:32:23
March 14 2012 17:32 GMT
#1840
On March 15 2012 00:10 Billy_ wrote:
If the Reapers were trying to mind fuck us into submission + Show Spoiler +
why even make the "destroy" ending an option. The only way out should be for shepard to realize that he's been mind fucked, not pick any of the three choices and to wake up from the dream state.


+ Show Spoiler +
Perhaps the Reapers thought Shepard would have realized that he was just being indoctrinated if they didn't offer him at least the chance to destroy the Reapers--they just hoped he wouldn't choose that option. If he does choose that option, then they can't actually allow themselves to be destroyed, so it breaks the indoctrination.
Prev 1 90 91 92 93 94 179 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 3
IntoTheiNu 1163
SteadfastSC819
ComeBackTV 784
TaKeTV 561
IndyStarCraft 236
Rex131
EnkiAlexander 78
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 819
IndyStarCraft 236
ProTech146
Rex 131
BRAT_OK 51
UpATreeSC 35
MindelVK 24
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 40725
Shuttle 788
Mini 390
Larva 360
Rush 351
Dewaltoss 108
Hyuk 85
firebathero 82
Mong 72
Trap 44
[ Show more ]
ToSsGirL 30
Sexy 28
Bale 19
Rock 18
Shine 16
Sacsri 12
Terrorterran 9
Dota 2
Gorgc9573
qojqva1727
Counter-Strike
fl0m1480
Fnx 790
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes1404
Khaldor1263
Other Games
FrodaN1317
hiko1240
Beastyqt392
DeMusliM246
XBOCT215
Mlord166
ArmadaUGS162
KnowMe122
XaKoH 109
C9.Mang0104
QueenE82
Mew2King69
CosmosSc2 13
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV221
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream65
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH306
• StrangeGG 44
• poizon28 37
• Hinosc 18
• Kozan
• Migwel
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• IndyKCrew
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix9
• Michael_bg 7
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis3910
Other Games
• imaqtpie466
• Shiphtur324
Upcoming Events
OSC
4h 39m
CranKy Ducklings
16h 39m
Online Event
17h 39m
FEL
22h 39m
AI Arena Tournament
23h 39m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 1h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 16h
INu's Battles
1d 18h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.