• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:36
CEST 18:36
KST 01:36
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)57Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Fantasy returning? ASL22 General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8274 users

Mass Effect 3 - Page 91

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 89 90 91 92 93 179 Next
Billy_
Profile Joined September 2010
461 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-14 08:26:50
March 14 2012 08:25 GMT
#1801
I think the Reapers see themselves as + Show Spoiler +
some kind of space gods who take the galaxy into heaven every 50,000 years. The symbolism is there in the whole majestic design of the citadel throne room, plus I think some lines from Sovereign ("there is an existence so far beyond you that you cannot even comprehend it") and Harbinger (he used the word "ascension" in a few of his lines where he was referring to the reaping process).

SagaZ
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
France3460 Posts
March 14 2012 08:37 GMT
#1802
I didn't hate the ending.
+ Show Spoiler +

Just the day reapers invade, you find out about this big ass prothean piece of tecnology thatwill save you all. 30 minutes into the game, you find out that. Now that was a real mood killer for me, intergalactic doom at our doorstep and we suddenly find out blueprints for a cybernetic djiin lantern? That fact that all the series makes you understand that you are fighting some beings that are so much more powerfull than you (even a bit godly) but then people are just like, oh hey, if we build that they die lol. I was very afraid of a type of ending "and it was all k" sort of thing, with you being on the citadel-crucible and having 1 wish and go "i wish reapers never exited" and zoom everyone happy, cary on.
Now I found out that the device is not really all powerfull, and don't have a "everyone happy" button. And frankly, I was releived... You can't wipe out reapers without making a reasonably big payement. I liked how the glowing AI child admits that his system is not going to work anymore but he doesn't have a solution. The lack of closure at the end goes with the story, the repetetive circle that has been going on for thousands of years has come to an end... and we have no idea wtf is going to happen.

Now I regret the fact that my past decidions have absolutly no impact on the ending (but at the same time, reapers are not likely to go "oh, you slept with this chick? well done, because of that you can survive instead of sacrificing yourself, so at the same time, having your past action influencing decision is not really realistic because of how much bigger the reaper problem is compared to everything else) , i also dislike the fact that my max renegade shepard can't send the kid to fuck himself.
In my opinion, the game should have alowed diferent ways to solve the reaper problem, each with their set of decision. One of these solution being the crucible, but why not bargaining with reapers, or a military victory...
The fact that we can save the galaxy, only with the crucible restrains the possible endings and make BW choice not that bad...
I would have liked a choice to abort the crucible option and let history repeat itself, althought i guess i have the choice by simply dying to a random face raping husk.
Be nice, buy wards and don't feed double buff.
Hoban
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States1600 Posts
March 14 2012 08:39 GMT
#1803
On March 14 2012 16:06 Steveling wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 14 2012 15:40 Hoban wrote:
I really liked the ending. This is why.
+ Show Spoiler +
After playing through the ending sequence multiple times and replaying the game, I have come to the conclusion that the ending isn't really an ending at all, it is a farce. Just the fact that a game made me sit and actually think about everything I was seeing, questioning if it was real or illusion, and actively challenging me to look further into the series as a whole and the themes behind it. To me, it is pretty obvious what we see in the ending is not the finale of the series, it is a cliffhanger. You get shot by a laser beam, have a 20 minute long hazy dream-like state full of confusing and unexplained events, then you wake up in a pile of rubble in London. That isn't an ending at all, which is why I can understand the anger from people who wanted total closure. Instead, it is a crafted segue designed to challenge your perception and critical thinking. Everything from the small oddities that make it seem like a dream to how the 3 choices are actually presented really scream that something is not right. It is suspenseful to think about. What is really going on? Why am I still alive in a pile of rubble? What actually happened to me? What actually happened to the reapers? I just finished playing an amazing game and it already has me excited for what is to come! All these questions that will be answered, I can't wait.

But the thing i loved most about the ending was that I almost thought that combining biological life and synthetic life as one was the best course of action. I almost believed that what I was hearing from the catalyst and what I was seeing through Sheppard's eyes was true. I was so close, I fought about it with myself for so long. It said if I destroyed the reapers, I would also be destroying all synthetic life. I could also die because of my implants. It told me history would repeat itself. The reapers would be gone for now but a new 'reaper' would emerge given time. But wait, for the other two options, it was asking me to sacrifice myself and trust that it was telling the truth. It told me that controlling the reapers would save the galaxy and prevent anything horrible from ever happening again. What have I been fighting for this entire series? What did I decide from day one on Eden Prime? These motherfuckers are out to destroy all life at any cost. They destroy civilizations from the inside out, then harvest them for material. I didn't spend 5 fucking years of my life fighting reapers just so I could control them. I didn't spend countless hours supporting my crew and being an outstanding commander just so I can make man and machine one. I did all that to fucking destroy those godless reapers who want nothing more than to destroy me. So I did. I blew them up. What would happen when I did that? I don't know. The relays were reaper tech, would they get destroyed? How about the citadel? What would happen to my ship? My crew? The one I love? What would people think of me and the decisions I made? And then I woke up in a pile of rubble in the streets of London. Holy fuck. This isn't over yet. But now I know where I stand. I can't settle for less than saving the galaxy by destroying the reapers. No fear, no quitting, no compromise.

Ultimately, people can tell me I am crazy to believe that Bioware crafted an ending like this. That it is all just shoddy hack-job writing and EA was just pushing for a deadline. I don't care. What I saw playing this game and what I felt being Sheppard is one of the most powerful experiences I have ever had with any form of media. For me, I needed this ending to really solidify where I stood. There are so many decision in this game, it is easy to get overwhelmed. Do I unite the Geth with the Quarians or destroy them? Do I cure the genophage and tell the Krogan of the Salarian plan to trick them, or do I appease the Salarians and stop any hope of the Krogan ever redeeming themselves as a species. These were pretty fucking heavy decisions and there were a number of them. The thing is, that final decision, do I destroy the reapers whatever it takes, or do I compromise, is the most important one. This is why I needed the game to pseudo-end on this note. I needed time to make this decision. I needed to realize it was the most important one.

I know this isn't the very end of Sheppards story, it is close but there is a little bit more to tell. And holy shit I cannot wait.


If that's true what's your opinion on bioware/ea forcing you to buy dlcs or having spent 60$ for half a game?


I would hardly call this half a game. I've already gotten more out of this game in a week than nearly any game in recent memory (sans Dota 2 and SC2 but for different reasons). I understand how huge of an undertaking creating a game is nowadays. It costs quite a bit more money and a lot more manpower to create a current gen game like mass effect. So I get the drive for extra cash. I used to be against the idea of constant DLC but then I realized I paid $50 for Crash Bandicoot 2 in 1998. It is 2012 and I am paying $60 for a game plus $6-$8 1-5 times for DLC only if I want it. So at max I'm paying 2x the price of a game 14 years ago, only if I want to. Where I live, cigarettes have more than doubled in price since then, gas almost quadrupled, the price of a movie more than doubled. I get it that prices have to go up and studios need to find a way to make money. I also get it that some studios only sell half a game and patch in the rest via DLC, which I believe is wrong. Mass Effect 3 isn't that kind of case though. I'm fine buying DLC because if I don't want it, I just don't get it. Prices go up as production quality goes up and as time goes on. I'm cool with that.

Would you rather they sell you the game for $90 and include all the little extra features, costumes, accessories that you may not necessarily want or need?
"I am a leaf on the wind."
Karliath
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States2214 Posts
March 14 2012 08:59 GMT
#1804
Hey guys, I'm thinking about getting Lair of the Shadow Broker, but I have a quick question. Do you import a save to play it, or do you have to use a "non-endgame" ME2 save, i.e., it takes place within the actual ME2 game (the way From Ashes does)? Thanks.
Telcontar
Profile Joined May 2010
United Kingdom16710 Posts
March 14 2012 09:06 GMT
#1805
On March 14 2012 17:59 Karliath wrote:
Hey guys, I'm thinking about getting Lair of the Shadow Broker, but I have a quick question. Do you import a save to play it, or do you have to use a "non-endgame" ME2 save, i.e., it takes place within the actual ME2 game (the way From Ashes does)? Thanks.

You can play it with your existing character (pre or post the suicide mission). Just go to Liara in Illium to trigger the mission.

Oh and here's a huge plot hole from ME3 I've just thought of: + Show Spoiler +
If the reapers took control of the citadel when you were attacking the main cerberus station, and moved it to earth, why didn't they just deactivate all mass relays like they were planning to in ME1? I know the protheans apparently disabled the keepers' ability to receive remote signals from the reapers, but couldn't they just deactivate it manually now it was in their hands? I guess the writers just forgot there were other games in the series.
Et Eärello Endorenna utúlien. Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar tenn' Ambar-metta.
Orcasgt24
Profile Joined August 2011
Canada3238 Posts
March 14 2012 09:07 GMT
#1806
On March 14 2012 17:39 Hoban wrote:Would you rather they sell you the game for $90 and include all the little extra features, costumes, accessories that you may not necessarily want or need?

Yes. RPG type games very often release story driven DLC that ties well into the main story and "completes" it well. Why this stuff isn't included right from the get-go has always confused me. Also Biowares release day DLC also confuses me. I just bought the game and your already asking me to pay for an add-on?

For games like Call of Duty I belive the DLC is fine.
In Hearthstone we pray to RNGesus. When Yogg-Saron hits the field, RNGod gets to work
topoulo
Profile Joined September 2011
253 Posts
March 14 2012 09:19 GMT
#1807
Just fyi rpg and mass effect 2 + 3 dont belong together ,

also i downloaded im not ashame to say , havent been no pirate option i wouldnt have played.

1 day dlc are unacceptable period ( esp when they have central main theme characters aka prothean )
Rimak
Profile Joined January 2012
Denmark434 Posts
March 14 2012 09:30 GMT
#1808
Well guys...
GG
http://www.vg247.com/2012/03/14/mass-effect-3-director-stands-by-ending-promises-single-player-dlc/
2000 Jungler 66% Hecarim, 63% Volibear, 60% Jarvan IV
semantics
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
10040 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-14 09:33:30
March 14 2012 09:31 GMT
#1809
On March 14 2012 18:06 Telcontar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 14 2012 17:59 Karliath wrote:
Hey guys, I'm thinking about getting Lair of the Shadow Broker, but I have a quick question. Do you import a save to play it, or do you have to use a "non-endgame" ME2 save, i.e., it takes place within the actual ME2 game (the way From Ashes does)? Thanks.

You can play it with your existing character (pre or post the suicide mission). Just go to Liara in Illium to trigger the mission.

Oh and here's a huge plot hole from ME3 I've just thought of: + Show Spoiler +
If the reapers took control of the citadel when you were attacking the main cerberus station, and moved it to earth, why didn't they just deactivate all mass relays like they were planning to in ME1? I know the protheans apparently disabled the keepers' ability to receive remote signals from the reapers, but couldn't they just deactivate it manually now it was in their hands? I guess the writers just forgot there were other games in the series.

There are many plot holes in the mass effect series, some are just to do with basic science others is like what you pointed out, something being established then forgotten at the same time which just makes things seem stupid. The simple answer to yours is, change of circumstance? Although it would be hard to say why.
Praetorial
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
United States4241 Posts
March 14 2012 09:35 GMT
#1810
On March 14 2012 18:30 Rimak wrote:
Well guys...
GG
http://www.vg247.com/2012/03/14/mass-effect-3-director-stands-by-ending-promises-single-player-dlc/


Casey Hudson was just added to my "murder-on-sight list".

Anyone who rejects fan feedback and tries to pretend like they are wildly popular because of it deserves to be kicked out of the game industry.
FOR GREAT JUSTICE! Bans for the ban gods!
semantics
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
10040 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-14 09:39:06
March 14 2012 09:37 GMT
#1811
On March 14 2012 18:07 Orcasgt24 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 14 2012 17:39 Hoban wrote:Would you rather they sell you the game for $90 and include all the little extra features, costumes, accessories that you may not necessarily want or need?

Yes. RPG type games very often release story driven DLC that ties well into the main story and "completes" it well. Why this stuff isn't included right from the get-go has always confused me. Also Biowares release day DLC also confuses me. I just bought the game and your already asking me to pay for an add-on?

For games like Call of Duty I belive the DLC is fine.

So what you're saying to game makers is don't bother with making anything but multiplayer driven games like cod becuase thats the only place you can make money. Same reason you rarely get pc only games or games even made for pc first, hell mass effect was a xbox game ported to windows by a different studio. ME2 and 3 just had the porting done at the same time and also covered ps3 while they were at it.
topoulo
Profile Joined September 2011
253 Posts
March 14 2012 09:40 GMT
#1812
its no news they did the same with Dao2 remember how they once again ditched all fans for commenting on that game as morons bluntly put in their latement statements
Orcasgt24
Profile Joined August 2011
Canada3238 Posts
March 14 2012 09:41 GMT
#1813
On March 14 2012 18:31 semantics wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 14 2012 18:06 Telcontar wrote:
On March 14 2012 17:59 Karliath wrote:
Hey guys, I'm thinking about getting Lair of the Shadow Broker, but I have a quick question. Do you import a save to play it, or do you have to use a "non-endgame" ME2 save, i.e., it takes place within the actual ME2 game (the way From Ashes does)? Thanks.

You can play it with your existing character (pre or post the suicide mission). Just go to Liara in Illium to trigger the mission.

Oh and here's a huge plot hole from ME3 I've just thought of: + Show Spoiler +
If the reapers took control of the citadel when you were attacking the main cerberus station, and moved it to earth, why didn't they just deactivate all mass relays like they were planning to in ME1? I know the protheans apparently disabled the keepers' ability to receive remote signals from the reapers, but couldn't they just deactivate it manually now it was in their hands? I guess the writers just forgot there were other games in the series.

There are many plot holes in the mass effect series, some are just to do with basic science others is like what you pointed out, something being established then forgotten at the same time which just makes things seem stupid. The simple answer to yours is, change of circumstance? Although it would be hard to say why.


In the secondary codex entry that explains the law about activating dormant relays and then mentions that the Reapers do not care and freely open them to facilitate travel. Turning off the relays would hinder Reaper travel. This same reason is why the Alliance spy group sent an astroid into the Batarian Mass Relay.
In Hearthstone we pray to RNGesus. When Yogg-Saron hits the field, RNGod gets to work
semantics
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
10040 Posts
March 14 2012 09:42 GMT
#1814
On March 14 2012 18:40 topoulo wrote:
its no news they did the same with Dao2 remember how they once again ditched all fans for commenting on that game as morons bluntly put in their latement statements

It's easy to not take feedback from people who call you idiots. Would you listen to what i say if i called you a moron and bad at what you do.
Praetorial
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
United States4241 Posts
March 14 2012 09:49 GMT
#1815
On March 14 2012 18:42 semantics wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 14 2012 18:40 topoulo wrote:
its no news they did the same with Dao2 remember how they once again ditched all fans for commenting on that game as morons bluntly put in their latement statements

It's easy to not take feedback from people who call you idiots. Would you listen to what i say if i called you a moron and bad at what you do.


No. But get a few thousand people to get on a website(BSN and otherwise) and call for something is a reasonable cause for changing something.
FOR GREAT JUSTICE! Bans for the ban gods!
Skilledblob
Profile Joined April 2011
Germany3392 Posts
March 14 2012 09:50 GMT
#1816
On March 14 2012 18:42 semantics wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 14 2012 18:40 topoulo wrote:
its no news they did the same with Dao2 remember how they once again ditched all fans for commenting on that game as morons bluntly put in their latement statements

It's easy to not take feedback from people who call you idiots. Would you listen to what i say if i called you a moron and bad at what you do.


dont kid yourself. There are enough people out there who voice similar opinions in a decent manner.
ragnorr
Profile Joined April 2011
Denmark6097 Posts
March 14 2012 09:58 GMT
#1817
On March 14 2012 18:42 semantics wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 14 2012 18:40 topoulo wrote:
its no news they did the same with Dao2 remember how they once again ditched all fans for commenting on that game as morons bluntly put in their latement statements

It's easy to not take feedback from people who call you idiots. Would you listen to what i say if i called you a moron and bad at what you do.

Ignoring the trolls, there is alot of people who are saying the same in a proper manner.
topoulo
Profile Joined September 2011
253 Posts
March 14 2012 10:08 GMT
#1818
All i have to say its now clear why their lead writer ( Drew Karpyshyn ) left bioware few months ago , such a glorifying bs ending
-Archangel-
Profile Joined May 2010
Croatia7457 Posts
March 14 2012 10:13 GMT
#1819
On March 14 2012 17:39 Hoban wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 14 2012 16:06 Steveling wrote:
On March 14 2012 15:40 Hoban wrote:
I really liked the ending. This is why.
+ Show Spoiler +
After playing through the ending sequence multiple times and replaying the game, I have come to the conclusion that the ending isn't really an ending at all, it is a farce. Just the fact that a game made me sit and actually think about everything I was seeing, questioning if it was real or illusion, and actively challenging me to look further into the series as a whole and the themes behind it. To me, it is pretty obvious what we see in the ending is not the finale of the series, it is a cliffhanger. You get shot by a laser beam, have a 20 minute long hazy dream-like state full of confusing and unexplained events, then you wake up in a pile of rubble in London. That isn't an ending at all, which is why I can understand the anger from people who wanted total closure. Instead, it is a crafted segue designed to challenge your perception and critical thinking. Everything from the small oddities that make it seem like a dream to how the 3 choices are actually presented really scream that something is not right. It is suspenseful to think about. What is really going on? Why am I still alive in a pile of rubble? What actually happened to me? What actually happened to the reapers? I just finished playing an amazing game and it already has me excited for what is to come! All these questions that will be answered, I can't wait.

But the thing i loved most about the ending was that I almost thought that combining biological life and synthetic life as one was the best course of action. I almost believed that what I was hearing from the catalyst and what I was seeing through Sheppard's eyes was true. I was so close, I fought about it with myself for so long. It said if I destroyed the reapers, I would also be destroying all synthetic life. I could also die because of my implants. It told me history would repeat itself. The reapers would be gone for now but a new 'reaper' would emerge given time. But wait, for the other two options, it was asking me to sacrifice myself and trust that it was telling the truth. It told me that controlling the reapers would save the galaxy and prevent anything horrible from ever happening again. What have I been fighting for this entire series? What did I decide from day one on Eden Prime? These motherfuckers are out to destroy all life at any cost. They destroy civilizations from the inside out, then harvest them for material. I didn't spend 5 fucking years of my life fighting reapers just so I could control them. I didn't spend countless hours supporting my crew and being an outstanding commander just so I can make man and machine one. I did all that to fucking destroy those godless reapers who want nothing more than to destroy me. So I did. I blew them up. What would happen when I did that? I don't know. The relays were reaper tech, would they get destroyed? How about the citadel? What would happen to my ship? My crew? The one I love? What would people think of me and the decisions I made? And then I woke up in a pile of rubble in the streets of London. Holy fuck. This isn't over yet. But now I know where I stand. I can't settle for less than saving the galaxy by destroying the reapers. No fear, no quitting, no compromise.

Ultimately, people can tell me I am crazy to believe that Bioware crafted an ending like this. That it is all just shoddy hack-job writing and EA was just pushing for a deadline. I don't care. What I saw playing this game and what I felt being Sheppard is one of the most powerful experiences I have ever had with any form of media. For me, I needed this ending to really solidify where I stood. There are so many decision in this game, it is easy to get overwhelmed. Do I unite the Geth with the Quarians or destroy them? Do I cure the genophage and tell the Krogan of the Salarian plan to trick them, or do I appease the Salarians and stop any hope of the Krogan ever redeeming themselves as a species. These were pretty fucking heavy decisions and there were a number of them. The thing is, that final decision, do I destroy the reapers whatever it takes, or do I compromise, is the most important one. This is why I needed the game to pseudo-end on this note. I needed time to make this decision. I needed to realize it was the most important one.

I know this isn't the very end of Sheppards story, it is close but there is a little bit more to tell. And holy shit I cannot wait.


If that's true what's your opinion on bioware/ea forcing you to buy dlcs or having spent 60$ for half a game?


I would hardly call this half a game. I've already gotten more out of this game in a week than nearly any game in recent memory (sans Dota 2 and SC2 but for different reasons). I understand how huge of an undertaking creating a game is nowadays. It costs quite a bit more money and a lot more manpower to create a current gen game like mass effect. So I get the drive for extra cash. I used to be against the idea of constant DLC but then I realized I paid $50 for Crash Bandicoot 2 in 1998. It is 2012 and I am paying $60 for a game plus $6-$8 1-5 times for DLC only if I want it. So at max I'm paying 2x the price of a game 14 years ago, only if I want to. Where I live, cigarettes have more than doubled in price since then, gas almost quadrupled, the price of a movie more than doubled. I get it that prices have to go up and studios need to find a way to make money. I also get it that some studios only sell half a game and patch in the rest via DLC, which I believe is wrong. Mass Effect 3 isn't that kind of case though. I'm fine buying DLC because if I don't want it, I just don't get it. Prices go up as production quality goes up and as time goes on. I'm cool with that.

Would you rather they sell you the game for $90 and include all the little extra features, costumes, accessories that you may not necessarily want or need?

That is you. I got more out of Skyrim, Deus Ex 3 and even Witcher 2 which I still have not finished (hardware and real life reasons). Path of Exile gave me much more and it is fu*king free.
Serelitz
Profile Joined April 2011
Netherlands2895 Posts
March 14 2012 11:20 GMT
#1820
On March 14 2012 19:08 topoulo wrote:
All i have to say its now clear why their lead writer ( Drew Karpyshyn ) left bioware few months ago , such a glorifying bs ending


Karpyshyn said people disliked his Revan ending too so they shouldn't all put it on him leaving.

Casey Hudson is an ass. Found this on reddit though:

[image loading]

Seems promising. 4chan has been right about me3 leaks before. I'll bet they offer it as DLC though, such utter bullshit.
Prev 1 89 90 91 92 93 179 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 3
IntoTheiNu 1205
ComeBackTV 1094
SteadfastSC891
TaKeTV 587
IndyStarCraft 210
Rex148
EnkiAlexander 79
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 891
IndyStarCraft 210
Rex 148
ProTech129
BRAT_OK 40
MindelVK 22
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 43909
Bisu 1688
Shuttle 629
EffOrt 607
BeSt 461
Larva 455
Soma 368
Mini 360
Light 284
ZerO 188
[ Show more ]
Rush 181
Hyuk 111
firebathero 85
Mong 66
Dewaltoss 64
Pusan 52
Sexy 32
ToSsGirL 32
Trap 21
Terrorterran 19
Bale 17
Shine 14
yabsab 14
Rock 14
ajuk12(nOOB) 13
Sacsri 9
Dota 2
Gorgc9991
qojqva1625
Counter-Strike
fl0m1172
Fnx 787
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes1528
Khaldor1175
Other Games
hiko1427
FrodaN912
DeMusliM345
Livibee180
Hui .165
ArmadaUGS145
KnowMe122
XaKoH 107
QueenE101
Mew2King76
C9.Mang042
ZerO(Twitch)11
CosmosSc2 10
XBOCT0
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV230
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream77
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• poizon28 41
• StrangeGG 31
• Hinosc 16
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 11
• FirePhoenix3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis3978
Other Games
• Shiphtur348
Upcoming Events
OSC
5h 24m
CranKy Ducklings
17h 24m
Online Event
18h 24m
FEL
23h 24m
AI Arena Tournament
1d
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 2h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 17h
INu's Battles
1d 19h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.