• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:13
CEST 02:13
KST 09:13
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9552 users

Mass Effect 3 - Page 67

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 65 66 67 68 69 179 Next
Bleak
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Turkey3059 Posts
March 07 2012 20:47 GMT
#1321
On March 08 2012 05:41 Firebolt145 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 08 2012 05:34 Bleak wrote:
So is this actually officially out? On my Origin page it still says pre-order?

Only in some places of the world. Others (including turkey I believe) don't get access till tomorrow.


Oh I see. So, I own a PS3 and a PC. I played ME2 on PS3 and have multiple saves there. Should I play it on PC, or on PS3?
"I am a beacon of knowledge blazing out across a black sea of ignorance. "
Tobberoth
Profile Joined August 2010
Sweden6375 Posts
March 07 2012 20:48 GMT
#1322
On March 08 2012 05:32 Arolis wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 08 2012 04:07 carraway wrote:
On March 08 2012 02:14 ghost_403 wrote:
Is anyone else pissed that after finishing the mission, you have to wait for that stupid bio-scanner thing in order to get from the holo-whatever into the rest of the ship? It's probably there for loading whatever, but every time I have to wait to cross three feet I get pissed off.


This game's equivalent of the Citadel elevators from ME1, for sure.

I never understood the hate for the Citadel elevator. It was probably one of the most entertaining load screens made at the time. It would not have been improved by replacing it with a ME2 load screen.

I'll also take the bio scan in the Normandy over the stupidly long ME2 load times for the elevator. That would have pissed me off more.

The idiocy with the elevators is that they are always the same speed, regardless of the actual load time. Playing ME1 on a modern computer with an SSD is hell, it should be more or less instant but instead, the game acts as if you're on a 360 and forces you to watch a load elevator for ages.
Kurr
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada2338 Posts
March 07 2012 21:04 GMT
#1323
On March 08 2012 02:14 ghost_403 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 08 2012 01:51 Rayeth wrote:
On March 08 2012 01:37 supsun wrote:
I have absolutely NO experience whatsoever with any Mass Effect game...


Don't play this game if you haven't played the others. IMO, there is nothing here that wasn't done better in ME2. Overall, I think ME2 is a better game, but once you've played 2, you need to play 3 for the ending.

For me the game is all about the fiction and story, and if you have no foothold into that, there would be no reason to play.


ME3 > ME2.

The game so far has felt more like ME2.5. It's like they went back and fixed a lot of the problems with ME2 and just continued the story. (Which is awesome, I'm having a blast).

Is anyone else pissed that after finishing the mission, you have to wait for that stupid bio-scanner thing in order to get from the holo-whatever into the rest of the ship? It's probably there for loading whatever, but every time I have to wait to cross three feet I get pissed off.


I've never actually played Mass Effect before. Worth playing 1,2 and 3 in order? For the story and such I mean. I imagine the gameplay is pretty similar in between games.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ | ┻━┻ ︵╰(°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
semantics
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
10040 Posts
March 07 2012 21:06 GMT
#1324
On March 08 2012 05:48 Tobberoth wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 08 2012 05:32 Arolis wrote:
On March 08 2012 04:07 carraway wrote:
On March 08 2012 02:14 ghost_403 wrote:
Is anyone else pissed that after finishing the mission, you have to wait for that stupid bio-scanner thing in order to get from the holo-whatever into the rest of the ship? It's probably there for loading whatever, but every time I have to wait to cross three feet I get pissed off.


This game's equivalent of the Citadel elevators from ME1, for sure.

I never understood the hate for the Citadel elevator. It was probably one of the most entertaining load screens made at the time. It would not have been improved by replacing it with a ME2 load screen.

I'll also take the bio scan in the Normandy over the stupidly long ME2 load times for the elevator. That would have pissed me off more.

The idiocy with the elevators is that they are always the same speed, regardless of the actual load time. Playing ME1 on a modern computer with an SSD is hell, it should be more or less instant but instead, the game acts as if you're on a 360 and forces you to watch a load elevator for ages.

me2 loading bug was far more annoying for me atleast until i found a fix for it man i just thought the game has suckky loading times.
hysterial
Profile Joined April 2011
United States2044 Posts
March 07 2012 21:07 GMT
#1325
On March 08 2012 06:04 Kurr wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 08 2012 02:14 ghost_403 wrote:
On March 08 2012 01:51 Rayeth wrote:
On March 08 2012 01:37 supsun wrote:
I have absolutely NO experience whatsoever with any Mass Effect game...


Don't play this game if you haven't played the others. IMO, there is nothing here that wasn't done better in ME2. Overall, I think ME2 is a better game, but once you've played 2, you need to play 3 for the ending.

For me the game is all about the fiction and story, and if you have no foothold into that, there would be no reason to play.


ME3 > ME2.

The game so far has felt more like ME2.5. It's like they went back and fixed a lot of the problems with ME2 and just continued the story. (Which is awesome, I'm having a blast).

Is anyone else pissed that after finishing the mission, you have to wait for that stupid bio-scanner thing in order to get from the holo-whatever into the rest of the ship? It's probably there for loading whatever, but every time I have to wait to cross three feet I get pissed off.


I've never actually played Mass Effect before. Worth playing 1,2 and 3 in order? For the story and such I mean. I imagine the gameplay is pretty similar in between games.


If you really want to enjoy the story, then without a doubt.
Rayeth
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States883 Posts
March 07 2012 21:19 GMT
#1326
On March 08 2012 02:14 ghost_403 wrote:

ME3 > ME2.

The game so far has felt more like ME2.5. It's like they went back and fixed a lot of the problems with ME2 and just continued the story. (Which is awesome, I'm having a blast).

Is anyone else pissed that after finishing the mission, you have to wait for that stupid bio-scanner thing in order to get from the holo-whatever into the rest of the ship? It's probably there for loading whatever, but every time I have to wait to cross three feet I get pissed off.


I will amend my statement since I did not make it clear enough.

I think the story in ME3 is pretty darn weak compared to ME2 and for me this game is all about the story. I won't be playing multiplayer, I don't care about the guns or the shooting that much. Scanning planets was a major pain and I'm glad its gone, but I don't think the thing they replaced it with (the scanning for objects and running from reapers thing) is very good either.

All the side quest stuff is worse in this game. In ME2 you would have a conversation with a dude and then they would ask you to get stuff. Now Shepard just hears someone talking about a thing and quest log updates, "hey go get that thing you heard that guy talking about". No conversation at all till you bring it back like the world's creepiest stalker and they say thanks.


For me this game is the Dragon Age 2 to Dragon Age: Origins for the the Mass Effect Universe. They did the same thing again, but reduced the scope of the game and told a worse story in roughly the same way. I obviously still bought it and I'm happy to see a resolution to the story I started, but I think the story that was told in ME2 was better and that makes it a better game for me.
The Innocent shall suffer... big time.
Sandster
Profile Joined November 2006
United States4054 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-07 21:45:35
March 07 2012 21:31 GMT
#1327
Early game spoilers

+ Show Spoiler +
ME2 felt weird in that 80% of the game was collecting a party, half of which ditch you anyway in ME3. Some are understandable but...at least we won't have to do that in 3, now that I have a full team (or whoever is left alive) ready to face the reapers!

Yeah not so much. Now I watch Earth get almost obliterated, and run around the galaxy doing small errands to convince people to hold hands and work together, just to have a chance to go back to earth. All while the reapers are destroying every major civilization in the galaxy. Apparently they decide to take their dear sweet time and take weeks (if not months) to do their routine genocide? Oh and we're building some deus ex machina device hidden in space and apparently the reapers/Cerberus, despite all their resources, either don't know about it or can't locate it, which is convenient since it's pretty much the last hope for all living species in the galaxy.

I know I'm still early in the game (just saved the female Krogan) but this really feels like the bitchwork of collecting party members in ME2 all over again. It's still fun, there's good character development, and I know the story will pick up when I do end up facing reapers, but still, it feels kind of cheap.
HopLight
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Sweden999 Posts
March 07 2012 21:32 GMT
#1328
On March 08 2012 03:55 Serelitz wrote:
I'm a bit disappointed in the ending. MAJOR ENDING SPOILERS + Show Spoiler +
No matter what you pick, you die, normandy crashes, mass relays + citadel get destroyed. I like the choiced ending but come on, at the very least a narrative on what happened to everyone you met throughout the series. It feels like such a weak way to end it, with a generic blue/red/green blast of END CINEMATIC.


This is completely incorrect + Show Spoiler +
Endings depend on your military readiness, if it is high enough Shepard will survive.
imJealous
Profile Joined July 2010
United States1382 Posts
March 07 2012 21:53 GMT
#1329
On March 08 2012 06:04 Kurr wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 08 2012 02:14 ghost_403 wrote:
On March 08 2012 01:51 Rayeth wrote:
On March 08 2012 01:37 supsun wrote:
I have absolutely NO experience whatsoever with any Mass Effect game...


Don't play this game if you haven't played the others. IMO, there is nothing here that wasn't done better in ME2. Overall, I think ME2 is a better game, but once you've played 2, you need to play 3 for the ending.

For me the game is all about the fiction and story, and if you have no foothold into that, there would be no reason to play.


ME3 > ME2.

The game so far has felt more like ME2.5. It's like they went back and fixed a lot of the problems with ME2 and just continued the story. (Which is awesome, I'm having a blast).

Is anyone else pissed that after finishing the mission, you have to wait for that stupid bio-scanner thing in order to get from the holo-whatever into the rest of the ship? It's probably there for loading whatever, but every time I have to wait to cross three feet I get pissed off.


I've never actually played Mass Effect before. Worth playing 1,2 and 3 in order? For the story and such I mean. I imagine the gameplay is pretty similar in between games.

Absolutely worth it. Your actions and decisions from the first game carry over into the second and third. Plus the first game's story is absolutely phenomenal. I was skeptical that they were going to write something that could compare to it after ME2 (the story of which basically just introduced new characters to the universe and followed up on what happens to your old characters after ME1 rather than advance the over arching plot of mass effect) but so far ME3 is everything I could have hoped for. I'm only a few missions in and already I've seen some situations that have been hugely impacted by decisions I made in ME1 and 2
... In life very little goes right. "Right" meaning the way one expected and the way one wanted it. One has no right to want or expect anything.
Serelitz
Profile Joined April 2011
Netherlands2895 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-07 22:05:29
March 07 2012 22:01 GMT
#1330
On March 08 2012 06:53 imJealous wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 08 2012 06:04 Kurr wrote:
On March 08 2012 02:14 ghost_403 wrote:
On March 08 2012 01:51 Rayeth wrote:
On March 08 2012 01:37 supsun wrote:
I have absolutely NO experience whatsoever with any Mass Effect game...


Don't play this game if you haven't played the others. IMO, there is nothing here that wasn't done better in ME2. Overall, I think ME2 is a better game, but once you've played 2, you need to play 3 for the ending.

For me the game is all about the fiction and story, and if you have no foothold into that, there would be no reason to play.


ME3 > ME2.

The game so far has felt more like ME2.5. It's like they went back and fixed a lot of the problems with ME2 and just continued the story. (Which is awesome, I'm having a blast).

Is anyone else pissed that after finishing the mission, you have to wait for that stupid bio-scanner thing in order to get from the holo-whatever into the rest of the ship? It's probably there for loading whatever, but every time I have to wait to cross three feet I get pissed off.


I've never actually played Mass Effect before. Worth playing 1,2 and 3 in order? For the story and such I mean. I imagine the gameplay is pretty similar in between games.

Absolutely worth it. Your actions and decisions from the first game carry over into the second and third. Plus the first game's story is absolutely phenomenal. I was skeptical that they were going to write something that could compare to it after ME2 (the story of which basically just introduced new characters to the universe and followed up on what happens to your old characters after ME1 rather than advance the over arching plot of mass effect) but so far ME3 is everything I could have hoped for. I'm only a few missions in and already I've seen some situations that have been hugely impacted by decisions I made in ME1 and 2


I just want to add to this and say that for the love of god, play them in order. If you play ME2/3 before ME1, you will be so frustrated at the clunky mechanics that you'll quit before the story really gets going.

On March 08 2012 06:32 HopLight wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 08 2012 03:55 Serelitz wrote:
I'm a bit disappointed in the ending. MAJOR ENDING SPOILERS + Show Spoiler +
No matter what you pick, you die, normandy crashes, mass relays + citadel get destroyed. I like the choiced ending but come on, at the very least a narrative on what happened to everyone you met throughout the series. It feels like such a weak way to end it, with a generic blue/red/green blast of END CINEMATIC.


This is completely incorrect + Show Spoiler +
Endings depend on your military readiness, if it is high enough Shepard will survive.


+ Show Spoiler +
I had the bar maxed with 50% readiness. Am I forced to do co-op just to get a satisfying ending? That seems rather meagre. Even so, the ending reminded me of Deus Ex 3, but worse - amazing gameplay/story that totally falls on its face at the end. I didn't even get a Dragon Age Origins-like epilogue of what happens as a result of your decisions throughout the trilogy. They could have done so much better for the ending.


Besides the issues I and I guess more have with the weak ending, I want to reiterate that the game itself is actually amazing. I really really enjoyed ME3.

Doppelganger
Profile Joined May 2010
488 Posts
March 07 2012 22:09 GMT
#1331
On March 08 2012 06:53 imJealous wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 08 2012 06:04 Kurr wrote:
On March 08 2012 02:14 ghost_403 wrote:
On March 08 2012 01:51 Rayeth wrote:
On March 08 2012 01:37 supsun wrote:
I have absolutely NO experience whatsoever with any Mass Effect game...


Don't play this game if you haven't played the others. IMO, there is nothing here that wasn't done better in ME2. Overall, I think ME2 is a better game, but once you've played 2, you need to play 3 for the ending.

For me the game is all about the fiction and story, and if you have no foothold into that, there would be no reason to play.


ME3 > ME2.

The game so far has felt more like ME2.5. It's like they went back and fixed a lot of the problems with ME2 and just continued the story. (Which is awesome, I'm having a blast).

Is anyone else pissed that after finishing the mission, you have to wait for that stupid bio-scanner thing in order to get from the holo-whatever into the rest of the ship? It's probably there for loading whatever, but every time I have to wait to cross three feet I get pissed off.


I've never actually played Mass Effect before. Worth playing 1,2 and 3 in order? For the story and such I mean. I imagine the gameplay is pretty similar in between games.

Absolutely worth it. Your actions and decisions from the first game carry over into the second and third. Plus the first game's story is absolutely phenomenal. I was skeptical that they were going to write something that could compare to it after ME2 (the story of which basically just introduced new characters to the universe and followed up on what happens to your old characters after ME1 rather than advance the over arching plot of mass effect) but so far ME3 is everything I could have hoped for. I'm only a few missions in and already I've seen some situations that have been hugely impacted by decisions I made in ME1 and 2


I agree: The Story is absolutely worth it. @ Imjealous: Do not miss out on this. And the first two games, even with extra DLC, should be cheap as dirt.
semantics
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
10040 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-07 23:05:24
March 07 2012 23:05 GMT
#1332
lol bioware ea,

I tried deleteing the opening sequence when you first start the game cuz i felt that was a waste of time

The file name is ME3_sig_logo.bik under Mass Effect 3\BIOGame\Movies.

I renamed the file, it freezes me3 start
so i replaced the file with a shorter movie
still freezes me3 herp. All i wanted was not to have to see bioware EA every time i start up the game and they wont let me.
which was something you could do in me2
Inquisitor
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada253 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-07 23:37:28
March 07 2012 23:36 GMT
#1333
Hit escape.... you no longer have to watch it. Atleast that works for me xD

But ive found this game to be amazing so far. Loving the small improvements that have been made and that they have brought back some of the customization from the first for the weapons.
Spicy_Curry
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States10573 Posts
March 08 2012 00:49 GMT
#1334
Am I the only one that feels like the story is a little lacking this time around? There are no side quests from your companions. The companions are mostly human, not much variety. The ending also blows huge dick even though I maxed everything other than readiness.
High Risk Low Reward
skindzer
Profile Blog Joined May 2005
Chile5114 Posts
March 08 2012 00:53 GMT
#1335
Sound is shit, some are too low others too high. FOV is shit. Graphics for some reason seems worse than in ME3. Not getting really into it so far.
Its not only the rain that brings the thunder
cYaN
Profile Joined May 2004
Norway3322 Posts
March 08 2012 00:55 GMT
#1336
daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamnit! my me1 and me2 savefiles were the only things i lost in my last format. Playing me1 now
Karliath
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States2214 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-08 01:20:14
March 08 2012 01:14 GMT
#1337
On March 08 2012 09:53 skindzer wrote:
Sound is shit, some are too low others too high. FOV is shit. Graphics for some reason seems worse than in ME3. Not getting really into it so far.


Yeah, is there any way to change the FOV (more like POV) or something?

Except for my character's face, graphics do appear worse than ME2's. However, that may be because ME2's graphics were good two years ago; implemented in ME3, theyt just seems dated. There are some wonky stuff as well. Let's say there's a person standing in front of a light. Instead of the glare from the light being behind the person, it is in front, as if the glare is somehow just layered over everything at the end. Controls are a bit wonky too. I don't mind faulty AI so much. Pauses between character's giving dialogue is often very awkward.

One game that I find myself constantly comparing ME3 to is Dead Space 2. DS2 occurs on a similar setting (metallic space ship/station, objects in disarray, etc.), so it's really easy to notice how graphically superior that game is. Furthermore, the controls in ME3 just don't feel as good as those in DS2.

As ever, I really enjoy the environmental storytelling of this series.

Anyway, I'm not trying to bitch. I'm still enjoying the game, but I can't help critique it as I play online. What do you guys think>
Serelitz
Profile Joined April 2011
Netherlands2895 Posts
March 08 2012 01:19 GMT
#1338
On March 08 2012 09:49 Spicy_Curry wrote:
Am I the only one that feels like the story is a little lacking this time around? There are no side quests from your companions. The companions are mostly human, not much variety. The ending also blows huge dick even though I maxed everything other than readiness.


About the story; initially I thought the same, but on the other hand, it's no less than ME1/2. + Show Spoiler +
The Crucible
might be sort of a Deus Ex plot device but there were plenty in the earlier installments (like the countermeasure vs insects in ME2 or whatever).

I agree about the ending/readiness stuff though, it's rather shit.
skindzer
Profile Blog Joined May 2005
Chile5114 Posts
March 08 2012 01:22 GMT
#1339
On March 08 2012 10:14 Karliath wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 08 2012 09:53 skindzer wrote:
Sound is shit, some are too low others too high. FOV is shit. Graphics for some reason seems worse than in ME3. Not getting really into it so far.


Yeah, is there any way to change the FOV (more like POV) or something?

Except for my character's face, graphics do appear worse than ME2's. However, that may be because ME2's graphics were good two years ago; implemented in ME3, theyt just seems dated. There are some wonky stuff as well. Let's say there's a person standing in front of a light. Instead of the glare from the light being behind the person, it is in front, as if the glare is somehow just layered over everything at the end. Controls are a bit wonky too. I don't mind faulty AI so much. Pauses between character's giving dialogue is often very awkward.

One game that I find myself constantly comparing ME3 to is Dead Space 2. DS2 occurs on a similar setting (metallic space ship/station, objects in disarray, etc.), so it's really easy to notice how graphically superior that game is. Furthermore, the controls in ME3 just don't feel as good as those in DS2.

As ever, I really enjoy the environmental storytelling of this series.

Anyway, I'm not trying to bitch. I'm still enjoying the game, but I can't help critique it as I play online. What do you guys think>


Yeah controls are also mediocre. The sounds thing gets fixed a little by setting Dynamic Range too low and the FOV by changin some file, google it and you will find several thrads. Still the fix doesnt work perfect.
Its not only the rain that brings the thunder
semantics
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
10040 Posts
March 08 2012 02:05 GMT
#1340
On March 08 2012 10:22 skindzer wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 08 2012 10:14 Karliath wrote:
On March 08 2012 09:53 skindzer wrote:
Sound is shit, some are too low others too high. FOV is shit. Graphics for some reason seems worse than in ME3. Not getting really into it so far.


Yeah, is there any way to change the FOV (more like POV) or something?

Except for my character's face, graphics do appear worse than ME2's. However, that may be because ME2's graphics were good two years ago; implemented in ME3, theyt just seems dated. There are some wonky stuff as well. Let's say there's a person standing in front of a light. Instead of the glare from the light being behind the person, it is in front, as if the glare is somehow just layered over everything at the end. Controls are a bit wonky too. I don't mind faulty AI so much. Pauses between character's giving dialogue is often very awkward.

One game that I find myself constantly comparing ME3 to is Dead Space 2. DS2 occurs on a similar setting (metallic space ship/station, objects in disarray, etc.), so it's really easy to notice how graphically superior that game is. Furthermore, the controls in ME3 just don't feel as good as those in DS2.

As ever, I really enjoy the environmental storytelling of this series.

Anyway, I'm not trying to bitch. I'm still enjoying the game, but I can't help critique it as I play online. What do you guys think>


Yeah controls are also mediocre. The sounds thing gets fixed a little by setting Dynamic Range too low and the FOV by changin some file, google it and you will find several thrads. Still the fix doesnt work perfect.

The controls are different from me2, they work just fine, infact they give more mobility then they did for the cover system compared to me2. I find the people who are complaining about the controls are the people who played me2 and then don't bother to learn the control so they just call it bad. Same people who can't figure out why they can get powers to work, because in me2 you could pause the action and select the target then select the power, in me3 you must select the target first then pause the action to select the power else it wont target what you want to anything.
Prev 1 65 66 67 68 69 179 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
PiGosaur Cup
00:00
#101 (PatchesSC Mod Edition)
PiGStarcraft250
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft250
ViBE145
CosmosSc2 50
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 1825
Artosis 620
Shuttle 544
910 33
Dota 2
monkeys_forever701
Counter-Strike
minikerr18
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox469
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby6145
Other Games
summit1g8885
shahzam645
JimRising 545
C9.Mang0208
Maynarde125
ArmadaUGS71
Trikslyr49
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick696
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream117
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 120
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Noizen130
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
10h 47m
Stellar Fest
12h 47m
The PondCast
1d 9h
OSC
1d 12h
Stellar Fest
1d 12h
OSC
1d 23h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
[ Show More ]
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.