• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:46
CEST 02:46
KST 09:46
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8707 users

Mass Effect 3 - Page 66

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 64 65 66 67 68 179 Next
leecx
Profile Joined September 2010
Singapore41 Posts
March 07 2012 14:31 GMT
#1301
intense nerd chills right here


no u
Gnosis
Profile Joined December 2008
Scotland912 Posts
March 07 2012 15:05 GMT
#1302
On March 07 2012 23:07 PizzaParty wrote:
Playing on PC right now... I managed to find the config.exe to tweak the visual settings to the max, but I haven't find anywhere to play with the textures. Am I the only one that finds that they look like crap ?


I thought I was the only one... Textures look worse than ME2.
"Reason is flawless, de jure, but reasoners are not, de facto." – Peter Kreeft
Antisocialmunky
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States5913 Posts
March 07 2012 15:18 GMT
#1303
I'm not going to get the DLC for a long time, I think having another character especially one related to the back story so much kinda cheapens the backstory.

At any rate, the textures look kinda crap and the mass stuns make some of the sequences ridiculously easy.
[゚n゚] SSSSssssssSSsss ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Marine/Raven Guide:http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=163605
CTStalker
Profile Blog Joined November 2004
Canada9720 Posts
March 07 2012 15:26 GMT
#1304
On March 07 2012 10:03 peeeky wrote:
Great game so far, I'm just a little bummed out that there are no minigames like hacking/bypass anymore. Am I the only one who liked those?

I like the idea of having minigames, but like everyone else, I don't really like "playing" the same ones hundreds of time throughout the game.

To me, it would be worth their effort to produce a couple dozen of them, and then sprinkle them in into the game here and there.
By the way, my name is Funk. I am not of your world
RudePlague
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Great Britain113 Posts
March 07 2012 16:33 GMT
#1305
On March 07 2012 03:28 skindzer wrote:
For those who have finished the game.. how long is it?


Finished it about 21-22hrs, did most of the side quests/missions I came across.

supsun
Profile Joined February 2012
United Kingdom343 Posts
March 07 2012 16:37 GMT
#1306
On March 07 2012 09:36 hysterial wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 07 2012 09:22 supsun wrote:
should i buy this game?


Did you enjoy ME2?


I have absolutely NO experience whatsoever with any Mass Effect game...
Redox
Profile Joined October 2010
Germany24794 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-07 16:48:47
March 07 2012 16:47 GMT
#1307
On March 08 2012 01:37 supsun wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 07 2012 09:36 hysterial wrote:
On March 07 2012 09:22 supsun wrote:
should i buy this game?


Did you enjoy ME2?


I have absolutely NO experience whatsoever with any Mass Effect game...

In that case I would play ME1 and ME2 first. They are much cheaper and they are not that different from ME3.
Actually I can not see a single reason to buy ME3 first. Well maybe except for the multiplayer part of ME3.
Off-season = best season
Gonn
Profile Joined March 2012
Germany19 Posts
March 07 2012 16:50 GMT
#1308
The more I play it the more boring it gets. Right now it looks like its even worse than ME2. I thought it would be more like ME1. -_-
Rayeth
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States883 Posts
March 07 2012 16:51 GMT
#1309
On March 08 2012 01:37 supsun wrote:
I have absolutely NO experience whatsoever with any Mass Effect game...


Don't play this game if you haven't played the others. IMO, there is nothing here that wasn't done better in ME2. Overall, I think ME2 is a better game, but once you've played 2, you need to play 3 for the ending.

For me the game is all about the fiction and story, and if you have no foothold into that, there would be no reason to play.
The Innocent shall suffer... big time.
ZasZ.
Profile Joined May 2010
United States2911 Posts
March 07 2012 16:55 GMT
#1310
On March 08 2012 01:51 Rayeth wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 08 2012 01:37 supsun wrote:
I have absolutely NO experience whatsoever with any Mass Effect game...


Don't play this game if you haven't played the others. IMO, there is nothing here that wasn't done better in ME2. Overall, I think ME2 is a better game, but once you've played 2, you need to play 3 for the ending.

For me the game is all about the fiction and story, and if you have no foothold into that, there would be no reason to play.


Disagree. While they didn't really revolutionize the game from 2 -> 3, I can't think of anything that 2 did "better." 3 added the multiplayer (which IMO is pretty well done and addictive), re-added weapon customization, cut back on tedious mini-games, but other than that is pretty much the same game as 2 with a new story.

I'd say that's an improvement.

I had never played ME until ME2 came out. I beat it and tried to go back to ME1 and just could not get into it because of the combat. But to each their own. I don't think you need to have played the other games in order to enjoy ME3, but if you do want to experience the entire story, I'd get ME1 out of the way because going back to it seemed like torture to me.
ghost_403
Profile Joined September 2010
United States1825 Posts
March 07 2012 17:14 GMT
#1311
On March 08 2012 01:51 Rayeth wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 08 2012 01:37 supsun wrote:
I have absolutely NO experience whatsoever with any Mass Effect game...


Don't play this game if you haven't played the others. IMO, there is nothing here that wasn't done better in ME2. Overall, I think ME2 is a better game, but once you've played 2, you need to play 3 for the ending.

For me the game is all about the fiction and story, and if you have no foothold into that, there would be no reason to play.


ME3 > ME2.

The game so far has felt more like ME2.5. It's like they went back and fixed a lot of the problems with ME2 and just continued the story. (Which is awesome, I'm having a blast).

Is anyone else pissed that after finishing the mission, you have to wait for that stupid bio-scanner thing in order to get from the holo-whatever into the rest of the ship? It's probably there for loading whatever, but every time I have to wait to cross three feet I get pissed off.
They say great science is built on the shoulders of giants. Not here. At Aperture, we do all our science from scratch, no hand holding. Step aside, REAL SCIENCE coming through.
Haemonculus
Profile Blog Joined November 2004
United States6980 Posts
March 07 2012 17:26 GMT
#1312
I'm loving this game. There are characters I wrote off as stupid that grew on me, tough fuckin' choices it forced me to make, and got me teary eyed in a few places! Well done bioware!
I admire your commitment to being *very* oily
Serelitz
Profile Joined April 2011
Netherlands2895 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-07 18:55:30
March 07 2012 18:55 GMT
#1313
I'm a bit disappointed in the ending. MAJOR ENDING SPOILERS + Show Spoiler +
No matter what you pick, you die, normandy crashes, mass relays + citadel get destroyed. I like the choiced ending but come on, at the very least a narrative on what happened to everyone you met throughout the series. It feels like such a weak way to end it, with a generic blue/red/green blast of END CINEMATIC.
carraway
Profile Joined March 2011
264 Posts
March 07 2012 19:07 GMT
#1314
On March 08 2012 02:14 ghost_403 wrote:
Is anyone else pissed that after finishing the mission, you have to wait for that stupid bio-scanner thing in order to get from the holo-whatever into the rest of the ship? It's probably there for loading whatever, but every time I have to wait to cross three feet I get pissed off.


This game's equivalent of the Citadel elevators from ME1, for sure.
ragnorr
Profile Joined April 2011
Denmark6097 Posts
March 07 2012 19:18 GMT
#1315
On March 08 2012 03:55 Serelitz wrote:
I'm a bit disappointed in the ending. MAJOR ENDING SPOILERS + Show Spoiler +
No matter what you pick, you die, normandy crashes, mass relays + citadel get destroyed. I like the choiced ending but come on, at the very least a narrative on what happened to everyone you met throughout the series. It feels like such a weak way to end it, with a generic blue/red/green blast of END CINEMATIC.

+ Show Spoiler +
totaly agree, i dont mind the choises. but the only difference is basicly a color. i find it a pretty weak way to end a great game. just make each choise give a different ending and i would be happy
Tarias
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Netherlands480 Posts
March 07 2012 19:19 GMT
#1316
On March 08 2012 03:55 Serelitz wrote:
I'm a bit disappointed in the ending. MAJOR ENDING SPOILERS + Show Spoiler +
No matter what you pick, you die, normandy crashes, mass relays + citadel get destroyed. I like the choiced ending but come on, at the very least a narrative on what happened to everyone you met throughout the series. It feels like such a weak way to end it, with a generic blue/red/green blast of END CINEMATIC.

+ Show Spoiler +

At least that saves me the time of going through all the seperate endings
Go big, or go home!
OGzan
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States289 Posts
March 07 2012 19:50 GMT
#1317
The game is fucking awesome, enough said
(Zan) :: http://www.twitch.tv/byzantiumsc :: Terran Player currently teamless ::
Arolis
Profile Joined October 2010
United States496 Posts
March 07 2012 20:32 GMT
#1318
On March 08 2012 04:07 carraway wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 08 2012 02:14 ghost_403 wrote:
Is anyone else pissed that after finishing the mission, you have to wait for that stupid bio-scanner thing in order to get from the holo-whatever into the rest of the ship? It's probably there for loading whatever, but every time I have to wait to cross three feet I get pissed off.


This game's equivalent of the Citadel elevators from ME1, for sure.

I never understood the hate for the Citadel elevator. It was probably one of the most entertaining load screens made at the time. It would not have been improved by replacing it with a ME2 load screen.

I'll also take the bio scan in the Normandy over the stupidly long ME2 load times for the elevator. That would have pissed me off more.
Bleak
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Turkey3059 Posts
March 07 2012 20:34 GMT
#1319
So is this actually officially out? On my Origin page it still says pre-order?
"I am a beacon of knowledge blazing out across a black sea of ignorance. "
Firebolt145
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Lalalaland34507 Posts
March 07 2012 20:41 GMT
#1320
On March 08 2012 05:34 Bleak wrote:
So is this actually officially out? On my Origin page it still says pre-order?

Only in some places of the world. Others (including turkey I believe) don't get access till tomorrow.
Moderator
Prev 1 64 65 66 67 68 179 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
PiGosaur Cup
00:00
#101 (PatchesSC Mod Edition)
PiGStarcraft353
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft353
CosmosSc2 66
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2055
Artosis 638
Shuttle 539
910 29
Dota 2
monkeys_forever693
Counter-Strike
minikerr13
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox504
Other Games
summit1g8456
shahzam619
JimRising 587
C9.Mang0300
ViBE139
Maynarde136
ArmadaUGS45
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick988
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream150
[ Show 8 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
10h 14m
Stellar Fest
12h 14m
The PondCast
1d 9h
OSC
1d 12h
Stellar Fest
1d 12h
OSC
1d 23h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
[ Show More ]
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.