• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:34
CEST 19:34
KST 02:34
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7125 users

Mass Effect 3 - Page 174

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 172 173 174 175 176 179 Next
Talin
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Montenegro10532 Posts
July 01 2012 07:21 GMT
#3461
On July 01 2012 07:14 Torte de Lini wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 01 2012 07:05 Medrea wrote:
A random quarian does not equal a Tali (who totally survives what choices are you making!?) face reveal.

Especially since she's just so nerdy and adorable.


She dies, I swear T_____________T

+ Show Spoiler +
I beat that reaper on Rancoch or whatever it is called. Now I had to decide to upload Geth with reaper stuff or not. I decide to and I didn't have a strong enough good or bad karma to prevent Quarrians from attacking the now fully buffed Geth. So the Geth kill them in retaliation and Tali is so hurt from all her people dying that she takes off her mask and kills herself off a cliff.

Oh yeah, Legion dies uploading all the reaper data fora ll the Geth.

Talk about lose-lose :/ my fucking god


You're doing really well at this universe saving business!

Just try not to piss off the Krogan. xD
Medrea
Profile Joined May 2011
10003 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-01 09:27:28
July 01 2012 09:16 GMT
#3462
It doesnt matter which class you choose because if you buy the Spectre sniper rifle and fully upgrade it you win. Classes dont even have weapon restrictions anymore so its whatever. I force myself not to use it because that weapon completely breaks the game.

EDIT: Also unlike ME2 where weapons performed better or worse on certain targets, if you use a certain ammo type it will make the weapon deliver its full damage potential regardless of target type.
twitch.tv/medrea
brachester
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Australia1786 Posts
July 01 2012 12:36 GMT
#3463
On July 01 2012 18:16 Medrea wrote:
It doesnt matter which class you choose because if you buy the Spectre sniper rifle and fully upgrade it you win. Classes dont even have weapon restrictions anymore so its whatever. I force myself not to use it because that weapon completely breaks the game.

EDIT: Also unlike ME2 where weapons performed better or worse on certain targets, if you use a certain ammo type it will make the weapon deliver its full damage potential regardless of target type.

nah, garrus is broken. Give him a geth sniper rifle, plus level his 20% weapon's damage and 70% sniper damage. He literally one shot everyone one, I don't even have to do anything.
I hate all this singing
HeeroFX
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States2704 Posts
July 01 2012 16:44 GMT
#3464
On July 01 2012 21:36 brachester wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 01 2012 18:16 Medrea wrote:
It doesnt matter which class you choose because if you buy the Spectre sniper rifle and fully upgrade it you win. Classes dont even have weapon restrictions anymore so its whatever. I force myself not to use it because that weapon completely breaks the game.

EDIT: Also unlike ME2 where weapons performed better or worse on certain targets, if you use a certain ammo type it will make the weapon deliver its full damage potential regardless of target type.

nah, garrus is broken. Give him a geth sniper rifle, plus level his 20% weapon's damage and 70% sniper damage. He literally one shot everyone one, I don't even have to do anything.



Garrus is pretty strong.
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
July 01 2012 16:53 GMT
#3465
I go Javik and Liara to be honest.

I just picked up a new pistol and it pretty much one-shots everything .___. rate of fire is terrible, but wow: I'll check the name next time I can.

I also picked up the assault rifle that has terrible rate of fire, but the recoil isn't too bad.

Oh and SMGs are useless.
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
HeeroFX
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States2704 Posts
July 01 2012 17:04 GMT
#3466
My go to team in ME 3 was Garrus/Liara. Or Tali/Garrus. But I genenrally use everyone on missions. And the only reason i bring Tali is because she is cute lol.....and I can't believe you killed her Torte De Lini
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-01 17:19:02
July 01 2012 17:16 GMT
#3467
Slippy Sheperd spares no lives to win this war...

T_____________________________________T She was my love since ME2. Tali QQQQQ
and Legion.

Also, for the record; I think Anderson and his voice-actor: Keith David are the coolest people in the game.
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-01 18:45:22
July 01 2012 17:19 GMT
#3468
M6 Carnifex pistol is OP
M-96 Mattock is pretty good too

+ Show Spoiler +
This samurai/ninja/cereberus asshole is a real fucking ball-buster.
Cereberus too, fucking up my plans and shit
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
valium
Profile Joined June 2012
United States251 Posts
July 01 2012 21:03 GMT
#3469
paladin is a bit better for power classes, more damage per shop and less shots per clip, but you are only using it between using powers.
It is not easy being this awesome and modest
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
July 01 2012 22:00 GMT
#3470
Just beat ME3 without extended cut.
That ending was not as bad ._______________. Not sure why everyone was up in arms.
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
anmolsinghmzn2009
Profile Joined June 2011
India1783 Posts
July 01 2012 22:10 GMT
#3471
On July 02 2012 07:00 Torte de Lini wrote:
Just beat ME3 without extended cut.
That ending was not as bad ._______________. Not sure why everyone was up in arms.


Noooo! It SUCKS!
Dunk first. Ask questions while dunking.
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
July 01 2012 22:13 GMT
#3472
Well I don't know. I thought the child thing was a bit cliche, especially with all those annoying dream sequences, that's just a bit bothersome that they stuck him in there.

But other than that, I thought it was fine. A sort of soft resolve at the end of it all.
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
FeUerFlieGe
Profile Joined April 2011
United States1193 Posts
July 01 2012 22:23 GMT
#3473
On July 02 2012 07:10 anmolsinghmzn2009 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 02 2012 07:00 Torte de Lini wrote:
Just beat ME3 without extended cut.
That ending was not as bad ._______________. Not sure why everyone was up in arms.


Noooo! It SUCKS!


[image loading]


This is how I felt

To unpathed waters, undreamed shores. - Shakespeare
ragnorr
Profile Joined April 2011
Denmark6097 Posts
July 01 2012 22:29 GMT
#3474
On July 02 2012 07:13 Torte de Lini wrote:
Well I don't know. I thought the child thing was a bit cliche, especially with all those annoying dream sequences, that's just a bit bothersome that they stuck him in there.

But other than that, I thought it was fine. A sort of soft resolve at the end of it all.

Because they hyped up the entire game with the point that it wouldnt be a A-B-C ending(Their direct words actully) and where all your choices would matter :p
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
July 01 2012 22:37 GMT
#3475
On July 02 2012 07:29 ragnorr wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 02 2012 07:13 Torte de Lini wrote:
Well I don't know. I thought the child thing was a bit cliche, especially with all those annoying dream sequences, that's just a bit bothersome that they stuck him in there.

But other than that, I thought it was fine. A sort of soft resolve at the end of it all.

Because they hyped up the entire game with the point that it wouldnt be a A-B-C ending(Their direct words actully) and where all your choices would matter :p


Ah, I was ignorant and missed all the hype lol

lucky me :D
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
HeeroFX
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States2704 Posts
July 01 2012 22:41 GMT
#3476
On July 02 2012 07:13 Torte de Lini wrote:
Well I don't know. I thought the child thing was a bit cliche, especially with all those annoying dream sequences, that's just a bit bothersome that they stuck him in there.

But other than that, I thought it was fine. A sort of soft resolve at the end of it all.




The ending wasn't that bad, all I really wanted was a look at what happens to everyone you fought beside. I wanted to know what happened to the love interest and I wanted it to feel special. And the extended cut for the most part did satisfy that. And I mean like I said it wasn't that bad of an ending I have seen worst. I think part of the reason people got so upset was that it was over and they were sad(that was another big problem I had) As for the child it was interesting cause i had a few ideas about what the child stood for.
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
July 01 2012 23:05 GMT
#3477
Yeah, I'm really sad this game is over and done. I love the universe, the triology and the story. It's the only story I've cared enough about to play through the whole thing.

Never been sucked into a game and story like Mass Effect before.
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
HeeroFX
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States2704 Posts
July 01 2012 23:15 GMT
#3478
On July 02 2012 08:05 Torte de Lini wrote:
Yeah, I'm really sad this game is over and done. I love the universe, the triology and the story. It's the only story I've cared enough about to play through the whole thing.

Never been sucked into a game and story like Mass Effect before.



Exactly lol
FeUerFlieGe
Profile Joined April 2011
United States1193 Posts
July 02 2012 00:24 GMT
#3479
Here is how I wish the game ended:

You are about to charge the citadel beacon. Now you have a choice of a squad mate you want to take with into the beacon. Your romance interest is going to urge that you take him/her, but you have the choice not to. I personally would take Garrus, romance interest or not. The rest of your squad you tell to go find safety.

So you charge the beam, you see the squad mate you chose apear to go down, and then your hit. Just like it is now you wake up, kill Marauder Shields (RIP), and teleport into the citadel. All the same stuff happens now: you find Anderson and the Illusive Man, kill the Illusive Man or convince him to kill himself, and have an emotional chat with Anderson before he dies.

Then as your getting up to reach the crucible, your squad mate you chose (Garrus in this case) walks in. Apparently he/she survived and followed you in. You go up with your squad mate and before you can fire the Crucible, Harbinger interrupts you. You have a short conversation with him and he explains the purpose of the reapers. You then have to hold out as he sends waves of husks and stuff at you while you walk around and activate terminals to prepare the crucible to be fired. Once your done, joker comes in, with moar of the fleet and they blast harbinger apart.

+ Show Spoiler +
Without enough war assets, harbinger wins, joker and the normandy blow up, there is an emotional scene as members of your squad you left on earth are fighting and some die, and an epic last stand as Shepard and his squad mate (Garrus) fight to the death as waves of enemies engulf them. Before they are overcome, they say their farewells. Then it is discovered that the races of the galaxy lose the war but there is still hope and all for the next cycle.


Now that it's ready, your about to fire it, but the blast will destroy the citadel. You get a call from Joker saying he can pick you up or he can go save your squad on the ground. So you either decide to press the button and exchange goodbyes to your squad mate while joker saves those on Earth, or you get Joker to pick you up while you lose a few people on earth.

Either way, the reapers are destroyed, and if you live theres some additional dialogue options after you return to earth and assess the damage. If you die then there are some cutscenes explaining what happens after and stuff.
To unpathed waters, undreamed shores. - Shakespeare
Sermokala
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States14210 Posts
July 02 2012 01:18 GMT
#3480
It didn't really bother me beacuse the game had so many endings that would have been absolutely epic in any other game. It felt like every story that I cared about in the game was resolved in a way that I really enjoyed more then anything I can remember. Walking away from the fire and grunt and the tower exploding before, The geth and quarian's being resolved, even cerberus and the elusive man felt well done and tied up. All the decisions even the love storylines seemed to have included my decisions well and satisfied me with them. All that remained was the sci fi crazy ending that doesn't make sense and leaves you to think about stuff afterwords.

I honestly can't say if I've ever seen a good ending to something in the sci fi realm even the foundation books never quite tie everything up. they could have gone the gears of war route but that wouldn't really work as a scifi thing. It just kinda has to have that crazy ending you didn't expect no matter how bad it might turn out.
A wise man will say that he knows nothing. We're gona party like its 2752 Hail Dark Brandon
Prev 1 172 173 174 175 176 179 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
16:00
#65
RotterdaM708
TKL 312
TaKeTV 261
IndyStarCraft 177
BRAT_OK 137
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 708
TKL 312
IndyStarCraft 177
ProTech144
BRAT_OK 137
MaxPax 93
UpATreeSC 80
Rex 63
MindelVK 19
EmSc Tv 11
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 937
EffOrt 592
Mini 534
ggaemo 178
firebathero 167
Barracks 59
910 56
Hyun 48
Shine 42
Shinee 40
[ Show more ]
Killer 31
Bale 28
Sea.KH 25
ToSsGirL 20
Trap 19
soO 17
yabsab 11
White-Ra 11
Dota 2
qojqva4296
Counter-Strike
Fnx 707
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3840
crisheroes1455
Liquid`Hasu1090
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi2670
singsing1494
B2W.Neo1016
ceh9588
Beastyqt480
ArmadaUGS173
C9.Mang0127
Dewaltoss94
Trikslyr47
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream459
Other Games
BasetradeTV187
StarCraft 2
EmSc Tv 11
EmSc2Tv 11
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• mYiSmile115
• Reevou 6
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix22
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2247
• TFBlade920
Other Games
• Shiphtur247
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
16h 26m
Afreeca Starleague
16h 26m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 6h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 17h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.