• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:27
CEST 02:27
KST 09:27
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Recent patches and the Future StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9221 users

Mass Effect 3 - Page 172

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 170 171 172 173 174 179 Next
revel8
Profile Joined January 2012
United Kingdom3022 Posts
June 29 2012 12:05 GMT
#3421
OK so now Mass Effect 3 is finished, what next? The ME Universe is excellent, and it seem inevitable that BioWare will make further games set in it. I know some will be against this, but realistically if you create such a lucrative and awesome and popular Intellectual Property a games company will try and maximise the money from this by creating more games.

So what can they do? They can do a prequel but I think the game probably really needs to involve humans but this limits the time-scale available, maybe set during the First Contact War with Turians.

It would be interesting to see the Krogan Rebellions or the Rachni invasion but we all know how they are resolved so that takes away a lot of the appeal.

An alternative option that is to have a story set after the events in ME3, this way we won't know how things turn out. However a story set after ME 3 will obviously be effected the ending chosen in ME3. If the Reapers won, then all humans, Turians, Asari etc are wiped out or still involved in a losing war against the Reapers. If Synthesis was chosen, then all life-forms will be part-organic and synthetic and what this actually means will have to be explained in great detail in a sequel involving synthesised characters. If control was chosen, then the humans and asari etc are still around but the Reapers act as guardians and protectors. If destruction was chosen then the galaxy can continue but obviously the Reaper War has caused lots of damage and casualties but humans still exist.

I think any sequel set after ME3 that involves humans will assume that destruction option was taken. If the Reapers are now acting as guardians then it sort of minimises the possible threat in a sequel. Having characters synthesized would require too much explanation about the actual implications of synthesis. Synthesis is obviously more than having glowing bits of skin, there must be implications for reproduction, communication, heath-and lifespan issues etc. Having a sequel set after the refusal option would mean humans/Asari would not exist and if set in the next cycle would be so different to the known ME Universe with all new races and places, it might as well be set in a new Universe entirely. Choosing a sequel set after the destruction option removes having Reapers as guardians and also eliminates the need to write explanations for synthesized life. So this is the path, I think BioWare will take in the future.

I don't think it would be viable to write a sequel that incorporates all the possible different endings of ME3 because the situations are too divergent. Anyway, I just thought I would post this to see whether my prediction is right or not.
Fencar
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
United States2694 Posts
June 29 2012 12:20 GMT
#3422
I think that a game for each choice, as well as taking into account all of the other major choices is best, such as saving/killing the Rachni, curing/pretending to cure the Genophage, etc. It would probably mean a couple different quest lines that wouldn't be there for each choice as well as affecting the main story a bit, or maybe more than a bit. Seeing interactions between the Krogan and the Rachni would be very interesting as well.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
Medrea
Profile Joined May 2011
10003 Posts
June 29 2012 12:27 GMT
#3423
Mass Effect Online.

You know its coming.
twitch.tv/medrea
Fencar
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
United States2694 Posts
June 29 2012 12:31 GMT
#3424
Please no, not another MMO on one of my favourite franchises. ;_;
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
HeeroFX
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States2704 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-29 12:45:51
June 29 2012 12:41 GMT
#3425
@Revel8. I think you are correct about where they could place the next ME games. There really are only before the events of Shepard or after the events. Before would be interesting too see but considering we know the results of the major events bioware has created, it might not be as fun. The other option is picking it up after the events of ME 3. They would have to assume destroy was used when making the story. They could do this like 300 years into the future. Or a week after where you are trying to rebuild. I could see something like "take this new ship, and go see how the other races are doing." Or there is this option + Show Spoiler +
Also if you do destroy and have enough war assents, Shepard lived how he lives I can't explain but in the video you can clearly see he takes a breath. Two things I came up with, he got knocked out by the reaper beam of death, and the rest of this was a dream. Or he was magically teleported into rubble on Earth. So they could pick up right there where Shepard lives on, but that is unlikely.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHQdlre2-Xg



also @Medrea I feel like if they made it into an MMO it would be too much like Star Wars. The universe is a great setting for an MMO, but I don't think Bioware would want to maintain content for 2 mmo games. Because when you make an MMO you are stuck for like the next 5-10 years doing stuff for it assuming it is successful, and if a star wars mmo is not successful, then I think the next generation of nerds is doomed.
Medrea
Profile Joined May 2011
10003 Posts
June 29 2012 13:10 GMT
#3426
Just dump SWTOR that game is terrible anyway.

Make it a more action oriented MMO. The lore is right there. Post Reaper War scenario's are up in this bitch all over the place.
You can even culminate in shit like, endgame bosses are reapers that are leftover or are being revived by crazy cultists. This shit writes itself. Galaxy has to rebuild itself? I smell noobie zones and lots of low level quests.

Just dont be an ancient tab target MMO. Just stick with the basic Mass Effect tried and true mechanics and build an MMO structure around it like a Korean beat em up MMO (Dungeon Fighter Online).

I want my millions of dollars.
twitch.tv/medrea
Thezzy
Profile Joined October 2010
Netherlands2117 Posts
June 29 2012 13:35 GMT
#3427
On June 29 2012 17:26 Slow Motion wrote:...slogging my way through that shitty boring end sequence and unescapable cutscenes to try destroy ending. Dunno why they don't let you save closer to the decision...


Actually you can.
Whenever you see the Game Saved icon in the bottom left, an auto-save is made.
It just gets constantly overwritten.

Once the platforms to the choices have risen you get another save point.
Just go to your /Documents/BioWare/ me3 blabla folder and find the autosave file.
Copy it and rename it (I usually rename it to the highest number save I have + 1, so if your highest is 0028, name yours 0029).

You now have a regular save that will bring you right to the decision making point.
Playing Terran is like flying down a MULE drop in a marine suit, firing a Gauss Rifle
Medrea
Profile Joined May 2011
10003 Posts
June 29 2012 15:56 GMT
#3428
The extended cut scenes start happening before you hit the beam though.

If your looking for the new content, a super duper close to the end save file wont net you all of it.
twitch.tv/medrea
Whitewing
Profile Joined October 2010
United States7483 Posts
June 29 2012 16:01 GMT
#3429
I'd like the refusal ending a lot better if you could actually win the space battle if your EMS is high enough (7k+ or something).
Strategy"You know I fucking hate the way you play, right?" ~SC2John
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
June 29 2012 16:26 GMT
#3430
+ Show Spoiler +
Cured the Genophage ): But now Salarians won't help me, if I sabotaged it, I could have had both.

Damn me and my moral upbringing T_T
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
HeeroFX
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States2704 Posts
June 29 2012 16:28 GMT
#3431
On June 30 2012 01:26 Torte de Lini wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
Cured the Genophage ): But now Salarians won't help me, if I sabotaged it, I could have had both.

Damn me and my moral upbringing T_T




Then they will die!
SKC
Profile Joined October 2010
Brazil18828 Posts
June 29 2012 16:30 GMT
#3432
On June 30 2012 01:26 Torte de Lini wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
Cured the Genophage ): But now Salarians won't help me, if I sabotaged it, I could have had both.

Damn me and my moral upbringing T_T


+ Show Spoiler +
Pretty sure you can still have both. Just play it out and you should see the oportunity.
Firebolt145
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Lalalaland34507 Posts
June 29 2012 16:48 GMT
#3433
On June 30 2012 01:26 Torte de Lini wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
Cured the Genophage ): But now Salarians won't help me, if I sabotaged it, I could have had both.

Damn me and my moral upbringing T_T

+ Show Spoiler +
Salarians will still come back later.
Moderator
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-29 17:00:17
June 29 2012 16:59 GMT
#3434
Thanks guys :D <33

I'm so scared of romancing T'soni, I always reply negatively just so she doesn't get the wrong impressions.
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Jonoman92
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
United States9110 Posts
June 29 2012 17:20 GMT
#3435
On June 30 2012 01:59 Torte de Lini wrote:
Thanks guys :D <33

I'm so scared of romancing T'soni, I always reply negatively just so she doesn't get the wrong impressions.


LOL, I'm sorry but that cracked me up. Also, it's totally not worth it to side with the sabotage... what you gotta do is too sad.
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
June 29 2012 17:22 GMT
#3436
Will I be meeting more crew members that I can sex up or add to my squad? Garrus and Edi and Tsoni are cool, but I wish we would get to meet new faces too ):
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
SKC
Profile Joined October 2010
Brazil18828 Posts
June 29 2012 17:27 GMT
#3437
On June 30 2012 02:22 Torte de Lini wrote:
Will I be meeting more crew members that I can sex up or add to my squad? Garrus and Edi and Tsoni are cool, but I wish we would get to meet new faces too ):


You will get Tali back as well soon. Plus I believe you can romance characters that don't join your squad, like Miranda. I'm not sure about every character you can have sex with, but that should be easy to search for anyway.
Firebolt145
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Lalalaland34507 Posts
June 29 2012 17:53 GMT
#3438
Miranda is a huge letdown in ME3 after how amazing she was in ME2. I think I have a bigger problem with how little screentime she's given in ME3 than the ending pre-EC.
Moderator
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
June 29 2012 18:14 GMT
#3439
+ Show Spoiler +
oops, I ignored the bomb and now a bazillion Krogans died :X
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
neoghaleon55
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States7435 Posts
June 29 2012 18:27 GMT
#3440
On June 30 2012 03:14 Torte de Lini wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
oops, I ignored the bomb and now a bazillion Krogans died :X


You're a terrible person.
lol
moo...for DRG
Prev 1 170 171 172 173 174 179 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 9h 33m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2310
Artosis 683
White-Ra 109
910 45
Dota 2
monkeys_forever580
NeuroSwarm183
Counter-Strike
m0e_tv212
Super Smash Bros
AZ_Axe155
Heroes of the Storm
Trikslyr114
Other Games
summit1g8398
shahzam603
JimRising 543
C9.Mang0303
ArmadaUGS47
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick783
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream318
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 113
• davetesta22
• Letter148
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
9h 33m
Afreeca Starleague
9h 33m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
23h 33m
Kung Fu Cup
1d 10h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.