• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:25
CEST 06:25
KST 13:25
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder BW General Discussion [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Rp8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8426 users

Mass Effect 3 - Page 171

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 169 170 171 172 173 179 Next
Darpa
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Canada4413 Posts
June 28 2012 00:27 GMT
#3401
The endings just added a bit extra to give players hope. The destruction ending seems best to me, not sure why you would want any of the other ones.

+ Show Spoiler +
reapers destroyed, shepard survives, nothing else is fucked, relays are damaged but repairable....


Still, they didnt incorporate any decisions into the endings other than the last choice. The decisions throughout the 3 games were reflected in your "war strength" but that was a pretty poor way to implement it as none of the stories came back to fruition.
"losers always whine about their best, Winners go home and fuck the prom queen"
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
June 28 2012 00:29 GMT
#3402
Is extended cut more than just cutscenes?

Also, how do I transfer my Me2 player to ME3? It doesn't work at all ._.
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
neoghaleon55
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States7435 Posts
June 28 2012 00:32 GMT
#3403
On June 28 2012 09:27 Darpa wrote:
The endings just added a bit extra to give players hope. The destruction ending seems best to me, not sure why you would want any of the other ones.

+ Show Spoiler +
reapers destroyed, shepard survives, nothing else is fucked, relays are damaged but repairable....


Still, they didnt incorporate any decisions into the endings other than the last choice. The decisions throughout the 3 games were reflected in your "war strength" but that was a pretty poor way to implement it as none of the stories came back to fruition.


I heard that certain pictures won't display in the endgame slideshow if you failed to achieve those outcomes.
For example, not curing the genophage will keep the krogan+babies slide from appearing.

I still think Synthesis is the best choice of the three. The Destroy option is still prone to future AI-conflicts...
and killing EDI and the Geth for no reason is just unacceptable.
moo...for DRG
neoghaleon55
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States7435 Posts
June 28 2012 00:33 GMT
#3404
On June 28 2012 09:29 Torte de Lini wrote:
Is extended cut more than just cutscenes?

Also, how do I transfer my Me2 player to ME3? It doesn't work at all ._.


Yes, there is more than just cutscenes.
I gives some more choice dialogues towards the end of the game, as well as a new alternative ending.
moo...for DRG
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
June 28 2012 00:39 GMT
#3405
Damn, still won't work. I can't believe I have to install Mass Effect 2 to see if I saved at the end + my character didn't die ._.
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Tula
Profile Joined December 2010
Austria1544 Posts
June 28 2012 01:12 GMT
#3406
Frankly if they had included reject from the start I might not have been that pissed off, but this is too little too late.

Obviously the changes to the endings are decent, but storywise I'll stick to my opinion expressed a few pages before, the third game simply doesn't end climatically enough for this series. Maybe the expectations built up by ME2 were too big, but nevertheless that is how I feel.

Also I am still deeply disappointed that our choices throughout the triology really don't matter a whole lot in the end. Even the suicide mission with it's highly restricted options felt more interactive...
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
June 28 2012 03:20 GMT
#3407
Ok, I have a slight problem. I'm patched to the latest patch, but I still can't find my ME2 character file. I just reinstalled Me2 and I can load it to the last checkpoint which is beyond the end.
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
June 28 2012 03:31 GMT
#3408
worked nevermind :D
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
HeeroFX
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States2704 Posts
June 28 2012 13:46 GMT
#3409
On June 28 2012 09:32 neoghaleon55 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 28 2012 09:27 Darpa wrote:
The endings just added a bit extra to give players hope. The destruction ending seems best to me, not sure why you would want any of the other ones.

+ Show Spoiler +
reapers destroyed, shepard survives, nothing else is fucked, relays are damaged but repairable....


Still, they didnt incorporate any decisions into the endings other than the last choice. The decisions throughout the 3 games were reflected in your "war strength" but that was a pretty poor way to implement it as none of the stories came back to fruition.


I heard that certain pictures won't display in the endgame slideshow if you failed to achieve those outcomes.
For example, not curing the genophage will keep the krogan+babies slide from appearing.

I still think Synthesis is the best choice of the three. The Destroy option is still prone to future AI-conflicts...
and killing EDI and the Geth for no reason is just unacceptable.



See I am the opposite. I think that since we have been fightning vs technogly with the geth and reapers destory or refusal are the best options. I think Synthesis is pretty dumb. Refusual is kinda silly because its like "hey guys I am here, but I am not turning the thing on"
Medrea
Profile Joined May 2011
10003 Posts
June 28 2012 23:20 GMT
#3410
Everyone make a break for the beam!

HOLY SHIT Someone is hurt Normandy stop what you're doing, inexplicably travel from the fight through the atmosphere and right to us in about 5 seconds, stop for about a full minute, and THEN get the fuck out of here.

Also anyone notice that they rewrote how the relays blew up so instead of blowing up they just unravel a tiny bit?

The endings are also really close to Deus Ex now.
twitch.tv/medrea
xaoteca
Profile Joined August 2011
Czech Republic34 Posts
June 28 2012 23:36 GMT
#3411
On June 29 2012 08:20 Medrea wrote:
The endings are also really close to Deus Ex now.


This is what I though as well. But for example in Human Revolution I had a feeling the final choice doesnt really matter, so ME is better in that regard.
A voice in your head giggles... "Nahfriendthiswayyouwontfindmeyoullhavetobemorepatient!" "Meetsomecompanionsofmineinthemeantime!" Suddenly several figures appear out of nowhere!
neoghaleon55
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States7435 Posts
June 28 2012 23:44 GMT
#3412
Well I'm glad they clarified that the relays were damaged instead of completely lost.
Space travel will probably be hindered for perhaps a few decades instead of a few generation.

Also the total destruction of the relays would have likely been catastrophic for each solar system with one in it.
moo...for DRG
Medrea
Profile Joined May 2011
10003 Posts
June 29 2012 03:33 GMT
#3413
On June 29 2012 08:36 xaoteca wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 29 2012 08:20 Medrea wrote:
The endings are also really close to Deus Ex now.


This is what I though as well. But for example in Human Revolution I had a feeling the final choice doesnt really matter, so ME is better in that regard.


I wasnt talking about Human Revolution.
twitch.tv/medrea
Praetorial
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
United States4241 Posts
June 29 2012 03:43 GMT
#3414
On June 29 2012 12:33 Medrea wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 29 2012 08:36 xaoteca wrote:
On June 29 2012 08:20 Medrea wrote:
The endings are also really close to Deus Ex now.


This is what I though as well. But for example in Human Revolution I had a feeling the final choice doesnt really matter, so ME is better in that regard.


I wasnt talking about Human Revolution.


Well,

The world is not plunged into a dark age in Destroy
A single group is not given control in Control
Synthesis does not give the races godhood.

The Control and Merge endings are very similar, yes.
FOR GREAT JUSTICE! Bans for the ban gods!
Medrea
Profile Joined May 2011
10003 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-29 03:53:24
June 29 2012 03:52 GMT
#3415
I sort if thought of the Control ending as benevolent control by the reapers (Illuminati). Like the first game. Also takes part of the JCDenton thing as well.

Synthesis as the ending from the second Deus Ex where man and machine ascend into godhood.

Destroy ending as leading the world into temporary darkness, similar to the first game (by the second game everything was repaired and then some).

Refusal was kinda cool. I wonder what the next guys did to win. Feel like there is a pretty cool story there.
twitch.tv/medrea
Praetorial
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
United States4241 Posts
June 29 2012 03:54 GMT
#3416
On June 29 2012 12:52 Medrea wrote:
I sort if thought of the Control ending as benevolent control by the reapers (Illuminati). Like the first game. Also takes part of the JCDenton thing as well.

Synthesis as the ending from the second Deus Ex where man and machine ascend into godhood.

Destroy ending as leading the world into temporary darkness, similar to the first game (by the second game everything was repaired and then some.

Refusal was kinda cool. I wonder what the next guys did to win.


I guess.

For refusal, I really didn't care about the next cycle.

The inevitability is just so powerful. Even when organics reach the point of breaking it, a single blunder, and then millions more cycles must be repeated for another solution.
FOR GREAT JUSTICE! Bans for the ban gods!
Slow Motion
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States6960 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-29 08:31:29
June 29 2012 08:26 GMT
#3417
After all that bullshit about trying to save organics and finding a new solution, the god-child gets pissy and withdraws the whole deal because I shot some bullets through its hologram. Shows that it didn't take the entire thing seriously to begin with and will make galaxy changing decisions on a whim for petty reasons. Well now we know why it takes the form of an annoying kid.

Edit: right now I'm alt-tabbed and slogging my way through that shitty boring end sequence and unescapable cutscenes to try destroy ending. Dunno why they don't let you save closer to the decision so I don't have to play through one of the most horribly designed part of any video game over again.
blade55555
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States17423 Posts
June 29 2012 08:48 GMT
#3418
On June 29 2012 17:26 Slow Motion wrote:
After all that bullshit about trying to save organics and finding a new solution, the god-child gets pissy and withdraws the whole deal because I shot some bullets through its hologram. Shows that it didn't take the entire thing seriously to begin with and will make galaxy changing decisions on a whim for petty reasons. Well now we know why it takes the form of an annoying kid.

Edit: right now I'm alt-tabbed and slogging my way through that shitty boring end sequence and unescapable cutscenes to try destroy ending. Dunno why they don't let you save closer to the decision so I don't have to play through one of the most horribly designed part of any video game over again.


Wait seriously? If you shoot bullets through it he decides to kill everyone? rofl.
When I think of something else, something will go here
Slow Motion
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States6960 Posts
June 29 2012 09:03 GMT
#3419
On June 29 2012 17:48 blade55555 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 29 2012 17:26 Slow Motion wrote:
After all that bullshit about trying to save organics and finding a new solution, the god-child gets pissy and withdraws the whole deal because I shot some bullets through its hologram. Shows that it didn't take the entire thing seriously to begin with and will make galaxy changing decisions on a whim for petty reasons. Well now we know why it takes the form of an annoying kid.

Edit: right now I'm alt-tabbed and slogging my way through that shitty boring end sequence and unescapable cutscenes to try destroy ending. Dunno why they don't let you save closer to the decision so I don't have to play through one of the most horribly designed part of any video game over again.


Wait seriously? If you shoot bullets through it he decides to kill everyone? rofl.

Yeah he's like "so be it" and continues letting the Reapers kill everything. You could argue that it took that as a sign you wouldn't make any choice but you'd think given the importance of the choice it would try to confirm what you really wanted. Even fucking Microsoft Windows asks you for confirmation when you want to delete a file.
Fencar
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
United States2694 Posts
June 29 2012 09:05 GMT
#3420
OMG I must try that! :O
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
Prev 1 169 170 171 172 173 179 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 36m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SortOf 84
Nina 64
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2383
Shinee 60
NotJumperer 16
Noble 7
Dota 2
monkeys_forever1295
NeuroSwarm174
League of Legends
JimRising 696
Heroes of the Storm
WinterStarcraft525
Other Games
summit1g7167
Coldzera 744
C9.Mang0370
PiGStarcraft241
ArmadaUGS41
RuFF_SC218
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick933
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream394
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota272
League of Legends
• Lourlo1275
• Rush1001
• Stunt259
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5h 36m
Afreeca Starleague
5h 36m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
19h 36m
Kung Fu Cup
1d 6h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.