• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:28
CEST 05:28
KST 12:28
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2317
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9865 users

Shogun: Total War 2 - Page 14

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 12 13 14 15 16 28 Next All
Shauni
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
4077 Posts
March 18 2011 18:48 GMT
#261
On March 18 2011 19:43 Vequeth wrote:
Siege AI is still really buggy im finding. Especially AI attacker reinforcements, they just seem to stand where they enter the field the whole fight.


are you sure it isnt just horses? horses suck at sieging so they have to dismount and the ai rarely does that. But the function to fight the battle multiplayer is a nice addition. I don't think it existed in any previous games, correct me if im wrong
I'm taking whatever coverage I can get, because frankly, I'm busy working on this million dollar deal at my job. Early retirement is a good thing brotha man. - MessengerASL
xccam
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
Great Britain1154 Posts
March 18 2011 18:52 GMT
#262
Napoleon did. ETW may have with a patch i cant remember.
vyyye
Profile Joined July 2010
Sweden3917 Posts
March 18 2011 18:58 GMT
#263
On March 19 2011 03:52 xccam wrote:
Napoleon did. ETW may have with a patch i cant remember.

N:TW definitely had it as well.
TigerKarl
Profile Joined November 2010
1757 Posts
March 18 2011 19:04 GMT
#264

On March 18 2011 19:43 Vequeth wrote:
Siege AI is still really buggy im finding. Especially AI attacker reinforcements, they just seem to stand where they enter the field the whole fight.


Yeah, i had the same bug. Nevertheless this game is insane. Really challenging, epic battles, i love the strategic depth. As soon as the realm divide event takes place the pace of the game goes down and you're really struggling to survive.
I love my Chosukabe Archers with golden Plate Naginata support.
maartendq
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Belgium3115 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-18 19:11:31
March 18 2011 19:10 GMT
#265
I love this game. I just conquered the whole of Shikoku, in style. An alliance with a clan on the island made said clan attack one of our common enemies, resulting in heavy losses for both parties. I step in and conquer both my enemy's and my ally's town, while destroying their weakened and outnumbered armies. Granted, I play on normal difficulty, but being a complete asshole is kind of a guilty pleasure.

As usual I seem to have a lot more fun playing around in the TBS-part than in the RTS-part. Maybe I should consider getting Civ 5 when I've got some money on my bank account again. I've noticed the same trend while playing Rome: TW and Napoleon: TW: I autoresolved all battles save the most interesting ones, just to have more time tweaking my provinces and economics (I'm hellbent on keeping everyone happy).

I find the RTS battles to be a lot more interesting than the ones in Napoleon, though graphically somewhat less impressive (due to the lack of gunpowder effects, I guess). It's not that it looks bad, but I'm generally zoomed out way too much to really pay attention to how detailed the units are.

I haven't touched the multiplayer yet, and chances are I never will. Total War isn't the type of game I'd play online.
Disregard
Profile Blog Joined March 2007
China10252 Posts
March 18 2011 21:10 GMT
#266
Anyone else's encyclopedia not loading in-game?
"If I had to take a drug in order to be free, I'm screwed. Freedom exists in the mind, otherwise it doesn't exist."
Gigaudas
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Sweden1213 Posts
March 18 2011 22:19 GMT
#267
Gah, I want to buy this game but I can't bring myself to do it. Empire: TW was a huge waste of money and I would feel stupid for falling in that trap twice.

On the other hand, Rome is one of my best game-purchases ever.
I
FliedLice
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Germany7494 Posts
March 18 2011 22:25 GMT
#268
On March 19 2011 04:10 maartendq wrote:
As usual I seem to have a lot more fun playing around in the TBS-part than in the RTS-part. Maybe I should consider getting Civ 5 when I've got some money on my bank account again. I've noticed the same trend while playing Rome: TW and Napoleon: TW: I autoresolved all battles save the most interesting ones, just to have more time tweaking my provinces and economics (I'm hellbent on keeping everyone happy).


You might also consider Civ 4 instead of 5... Could save you quite some money, Civ 5 seems to be pretty "casual", while it's been critically acclaimed by all the people who never could get into Civ before, most of the older Civ fans were disappointed by it.

Just wanted to throw that out there, back to Shogun
Kevmeister @ Dota2
maartendq
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Belgium3115 Posts
March 18 2011 23:15 GMT
#269
On March 19 2011 07:25 FliedLice wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 19 2011 04:10 maartendq wrote:
As usual I seem to have a lot more fun playing around in the TBS-part than in the RTS-part. Maybe I should consider getting Civ 5 when I've got some money on my bank account again. I've noticed the same trend while playing Rome: TW and Napoleon: TW: I autoresolved all battles save the most interesting ones, just to have more time tweaking my provinces and economics (I'm hellbent on keeping everyone happy).


You might also consider Civ 4 instead of 5... Could save you quite some money, Civ 5 seems to be pretty "casual", while it's been critically acclaimed by all the people who never could get into Civ before, most of the older Civ fans were disappointed by it.

Just wanted to throw that out there, back to Shogun

Well, the only civilisation games I've played so far were CivNet (for those who remember that game) and Alpha Centauri. I was only 9 when I played the former, so I had little idea of what I was supposed to be doing, and 14 when I played the latter (I always chose the military faction because that one was by far the easiest to steamroll the AI with), so I don't mind a more casual experience. It doesn't have to be a whole lot more complicated than Total War's TBS map.
Vequeth
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United Kingdom1116 Posts
March 18 2011 23:22 GMT
#270
On March 19 2011 03:48 Shauni wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 18 2011 19:43 Vequeth wrote:
Siege AI is still really buggy im finding. Especially AI attacker reinforcements, they just seem to stand where they enter the field the whole fight.


are you sure it isnt just horses? horses suck at sieging so they have to dismount and the ai rarely does that. But the function to fight the battle multiplayer is a nice addition. I don't think it existed in any previous games, correct me if im wrong


Was horses and archers, the first stack that attacked me dismounted fine and attacked. All the reinforcements just stood in the corner doing nothing.
Aspiring British Caster / Masters Protoss
Leporello
Profile Joined January 2011
United States2845 Posts
March 19 2011 03:51 GMT
#271
On March 19 2011 07:19 Gigaudas wrote:
Gah, I want to buy this game but I can't bring myself to do it. Empire: TW was a huge waste of money and I would feel stupid for falling in that trap twice.

On the other hand, Rome is one of my best game-purchases ever.


You might want to consider it. It feels much more like Rome than Empire, as far as battle mechanics go. Only it's more fast-paced.

The city-builder/world-map part of the game is a great improvement over any of the previous Total War games. The tech-trees, the leveling system for your generals and ninjas, the diplomacy, are all very well done. I can't really comment on it all, except to say it is very much different from any of the previous Total Wars, and overall feels a lot more balanced and interesting. There's a lot of different approaches you can take towards conquering and winning, and a lot of them are perfectly viable. I've taken down several daimyos without even using an army, just a high-level ninja-assassin.

I've played about 12-14 hours of the game, mostly in one campaign. Just conquered Kyoto and claimed the shogunate. Fun times.

Big water
Kupon3ss
Profile Joined May 2008
時の回廊10066 Posts
March 19 2011 04:04 GMT
#272
Oh the pain of legendary mode, the only way to do anything against the infinite full stacks of enemy units is to take a fortified castle and abuse the seige AI to hell, that and not being able to load when you make mistakes, makes the game so much more like an epic struggle than any previous TW
When in doubt, just believe in yourself and press buttons
Disregard
Profile Blog Joined March 2007
China10252 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-19 09:10:32
March 19 2011 09:07 GMT
#273
Managing sea trade routes is time consuming task. Damn those OP pirate stacks!

edit: I actually lost my entire sea trade infrastructure in 1 turn before, essentially put me in debt... Cant survive in S2TW with just city taxes, and you cant have trade within your own provinces anymore. Only with other factions/clans. Starting to get the hang of things after playing Medieval 2 for so many years.
"If I had to take a drug in order to be free, I'm screwed. Freedom exists in the mind, otherwise it doesn't exist."
Vipsanius
Profile Joined February 2011
Netherlands708 Posts
March 19 2011 09:16 GMT
#274
On March 19 2011 18:07 Disregard wrote:
Managing sea trade routes is time consuming task. Damn those OP pirate stacks!

edit: I actually lost my entire sea trade infrastructure in 1 turn before, essentially put me in debt... Cant survive in S2TW with just city taxes, and you cant have trade within your own provinces anymore. Only with other factions/clans. Starting to get the hang of things after playing Medieval 2 for so many years.


I agree, it sucks to manage all of your fleets. Because the sea is so huge, it is practically impossible to "dominate" an entire area. Ships are really cheap though, and the trade routs bring in 2000 per turn for me, which is the only reason why i am not in debt.

I played some multiplayer yesterday and today, it seems quite volatile, the positioning of your general is very important. If you position your general wrong, it is like an autolose. It's like supreme commander, but now you have to take your ACU to the front.
GTR
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
51698 Posts
March 20 2011 09:01 GMT
#275
oh man, tried playing campaign with oda, got demolished in two turns hahaha.

i guess the most fun way is by starting from the easiest clan to the hardest clan, boy this is going to take a while then.
Commentator
Vulcant
Profile Joined December 2010
United States53 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-20 16:54:25
March 20 2011 16:53 GMT
#276
Anyone want to play Co-OP? I've beat Singleplayer a lot and there's no one ever on multiplayer campaign it seems.
Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results. -George S. Patton
keit
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
1584 Posts
March 20 2011 22:00 GMT
#277
What is the strongest clan, im playing Date now and it's quite easy so far, except the beginning when my enemy was too OP.

My old hardware is really shining through though, the strategic map and the turns are so slow. :l
Graphics
chenchen
Profile Joined November 2010
United States1136 Posts
March 20 2011 22:34 GMT
#278
Sorry guys . . I don't find this game as engaging as previous Total War titles . . . not as addicting either. I find myself quite prone to stopping, not the case with other Total War games =P
powerade = dragoon blood
Ordained
Profile Joined June 2010
United States779 Posts
March 20 2011 22:48 GMT
#279
Can't wait to get my computer fixed so I can play this. It looks so cash. TL can sure hype a game.
"You are not trying to win, you are trying to be awesome" -Day[9]
Latham
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
9592 Posts
March 20 2011 22:52 GMT
#280
On March 21 2011 07:00 keit wrote:
What is the strongest clan, im playing Date now and it's quite easy so far, except the beginning when my enemy was too OP.

My old hardware is really shining through though, the strategic map and the turns are so slow. :l

By strongest, I assume you mean easiest?
Well there are 2 factors to consider when asking for strongest. Starting position and clan specialty.

I only played the demo so feel free to discard this advice, but I'd say Shimazu would be a perfect faction for a 1st playthrough. They're isolated, which would make them easy to expand with. Their 1st enemy would be the Mori most likely, and then Chosokabe. Very good geopolitical situation basis to form a vast and mighty empire, before engaging the other clans.

Their specialty lies in Katanas and generals. In other TW games I never really had issues with general loyalty, but it's a boon nonetheless. Katanas are a decent choice. Buffing foot soldiers is always good. I never liked heavily ranged armies in other TW games, because archers and musketeers had trouble taking over a city/castle in other games. Strong(er) melee units suits my style greatly.

Date would also be a good choice for similar reasons. Although you're expansion might be temporarily halted by the Uesugi, they'll have their own problems no doubt, spreading themselves thin with time.
Charge bonus is nice, might help breaking morale on enemy lines.

Takeda has improved cavalry, but kinda fucked up starting position. Cavalry are very important/good in battle and having improved cavalry can surely be a great boon in battles. Also they can dismount and rape shit on foot too! If you can survive early-game cavalry superiority will win you many a battle later. Provided you can upkeep decent amounts of it.

I'd assume Mori and Chosokabe can also be rather successful if played right. The other clans are probably for the more advanced/experienced players that like the challenge.

For the curse of life is the curse of want. PC = https://be.pcpartpicker.com/user/LathamTK/builds/#view=CrqmP6
Prev 1 12 13 14 15 16 28 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 188
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 1911
GuemChi 1420
NotJumperer 154
910 73
Bale 27
ajuk12(nOOB) 17
Terrorterran 10
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm186
febbydoto13
Counter-Strike
taco 458
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King35
Other Games
summit1g7656
Doublelift1884
JimRising 612
C9.Mang0322
PiGStarcraft291
WinterStarcraft257
Maynarde119
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick992
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream26
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Letter1412
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo691
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
6h 32m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
7h 32m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
20h 32m
Patches Events
1d 12h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.