• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:32
CEST 00:32
KST 07:32
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2317
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BSL Season 23 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8082 users

Shogun: Total War 2 - Page 13

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 11 12 13 14 15 28 Next All
xccam
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
Great Britain1154 Posts
March 16 2011 19:01 GMT
#241
What do you mean by skirmish? i said you could still play custom battles instead of avatar system its jsut not recorded o ntheladder.

You still saidf no so i said there are custom battles.

Frankly i can think of no other mode where you get to just pick an army o nthe fly.
eatpraylove
Profile Joined October 2010
United States53 Posts
March 16 2011 20:13 GMT
#242
I haven't played it yet, but in Napoleon you could skirmish against the AI. I did it several times. It'd be nuts if they took that out of Shogun.

On cavalry charges in Napoleon, I've had cav run down infantry. And I've definitely had guys fly when their unit got charged. Kinda hokey, if you ask me. Then again, I wasn't around in 1800. Maybe guys did go 20 yards when horses ran into them.

I like Heir of Carthage's TW commentary videos. Looks like he put up a Shogun one yesterday.

http://www.youtube.com/user/HeirofCarthage
Vipsanius
Profile Joined February 2011
Netherlands708 Posts
March 16 2011 20:20 GMT
#243
You can skirmish vs AI, I think the guy meant skirmish against another player (pick your own units etc.), can't say much about that because I didn't explore that part of the game as of yet.
Shauni
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
4077 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-16 21:38:25
March 16 2011 21:05 GMT
#244
can someone help... I have two problems.

First the game loading screen never disappears after a battle and I'm unable to save, resulting in having to force the program down and replay the battle. Endlessly, because you can't save...


Also, after the recent 1.1 update, I can't even start the game. Steam gives me some kind of error - incomplete installation (15). Anyone with similar problems?
*edit* seems like everyone is have the last problem. Don't update to 1.1 it'll make the game unplayable.
I'm taking whatever coverage I can get, because frankly, I'm busy working on this million dollar deal at my job. Early retirement is a good thing brotha man. - MessengerASL
TimeOut
Profile Joined August 2010
Germany1277 Posts
March 16 2011 21:37 GMT
#245
On March 17 2011 06:05 Shauni wrote:
Also, after the recent 1.1 update, I can't even start the game. Steam gives me some kind of error - incomplete installation (15). Anyone with similar problems?


Everyone has the same problem, the update essentially broke the game. Wait for a patch for the patch. Don't try to delete and re-download the files, that doesn't work.

The official forums and the steam forums are boiling right now.
Disregard
Profile Blog Joined March 2007
China10252 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-16 21:42:15
March 16 2011 21:41 GMT
#246
Seems that the error is for players that got the digital version, my retail version works fine even after the steam update.

edit: Too bad I dont have time to dedicate myself to the game... Bah!
"If I had to take a drug in order to be free, I'm screwed. Freedom exists in the mind, otherwise it doesn't exist."
eatpraylove
Profile Joined October 2010
United States53 Posts
March 16 2011 23:20 GMT
#247
Just noticed something if you haven't bought yet: Steam is selling it for $50 US while Amazon's download version is $40.
Disregard
Profile Blog Joined March 2007
China10252 Posts
March 16 2011 23:24 GMT
#248
Amazon had 5 USD off for the Limited Edition too.
"If I had to take a drug in order to be free, I'm screwed. Freedom exists in the mind, otherwise it doesn't exist."
Shauni
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
4077 Posts
March 17 2011 12:37 GMT
#249
On March 17 2011 06:41 Disregard wrote:
Seems that the error is for players that got the digital version, my retail version works fine even after the steam update.

edit: Too bad I dont have time to dedicate myself to the game... Bah!


Nah, I also got the retail, I think it was the same problem for everyone, but it was fixed by the time you wrote this. It took less than an hour for them so nice reactions at least.
I'm taking whatever coverage I can get, because frankly, I'm busy working on this million dollar deal at my job. Early retirement is a good thing brotha man. - MessengerASL
Dismantlethethroat
Profile Joined March 2011
114 Posts
March 17 2011 13:24 GMT
#250
dont like it. It lags and Medieval 2 total war didn't lag. Not to mention Medieval total war had better animations and the knights looks gorgeous.
Zhou
Profile Joined February 2009
United States832 Posts
March 17 2011 14:02 GMT
#251
Does the game have any type of co-op at all? Because that's what I heard when they were going to release it. Some sort of Campaign Co-op and other things...

If not, looks like I have to start buckling down for the more competitive Multiplayer faster.
ilikeLIONZ
Profile Joined November 2010
Germany427 Posts
March 17 2011 14:12 GMT
#252
yes there's a co-op campaign
Zhou
Profile Joined February 2009
United States832 Posts
March 17 2011 14:17 GMT
#253
I'm going to need some friends to play with then. xD
dezi
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Germany1536 Posts
March 17 2011 14:24 GMT
#254
Co-op is fun - played ~6h yesterday. On any fight we shared troops so the other one doesn't have to wait.
TPW Member | My Maps @ TL: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=171486 | Search 'dezi' at EU
GGTeMpLaR
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States7226 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-18 02:38:13
March 18 2011 02:28 GMT
#255
so the Team Liquid clan is in 2nd place on the clan competition and I haven't even heard anyone mention it lol

are we organized on a steam group or something or is it just us stomping the ladder

edit: nvm i didn't see there are multiple maps separated into tiers
Darpa
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Canada4413 Posts
March 18 2011 02:59 GMT
#256
Im going to pick this up this weekend. I am an absolute HUGE fan of the total war series, I own every game and have played all of them over a hundred hours. The question I have about this game, can you sit down and play and look at the clock 6 hours later and feel like an hour has gone by? because thats how great the other games were.
"losers always whine about their best, Winners go home and fuck the prom queen"
Doodsmack
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States7224 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-18 06:23:43
March 18 2011 06:23 GMT
#257
I picked this game up yesterday and am loving it. Only other Total War games I've played are Medieval 2 and Rome, and I have to say I'm very rusty when it comes to how to fight battles. Does anyone know of a good tutorial that goes over battles pretty comprehensively?
voy
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Poland348 Posts
March 18 2011 07:25 GMT
#258
Sun Tzu - Art of war
I'm a man with a dream. And I look good in jeans. graphic designer looking for freelance work.
Vequeth
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United Kingdom1116 Posts
March 18 2011 10:43 GMT
#259
Siege AI is still really buggy im finding. Especially AI attacker reinforcements, they just seem to stand where they enter the field the whole fight.
Aspiring British Caster / Masters Protoss
Antisocialmunky
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States5913 Posts
March 18 2011 15:43 GMT
#260
I dunno, I managed to intercept a reinforcing AI since you always have a deployment arc If that's the only thing wrong with the AI, I'm not complaining.
[゚n゚] SSSSssssssSSsss ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Marine/Raven Guide:http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=163605
Prev 1 11 12 13 14 15 28 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 28m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nathanias 181
Nina 121
SteadfastSC 66
CosmosSc2 23
StarCraft: Brood War
Artosis 456
910 59
Bale 12
League of Legends
Doublelift778
Super Smash Bros
PPMD66
Other Games
summit1g8947
Grubby2851
shahzam540
C9.Mang0233
PiGStarcraft221
Maynarde30
Liquid`Ken12
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream42
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 107
• musti20045 48
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21253
Other Games
• imaqtpie937
• Shiphtur297
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
28m
Afreeca Starleague
11h 28m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
12h 28m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 1h
Patches Events
1d 17h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
OSC
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.