• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:12
CEST 14:12
KST 21:12
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)76Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8376 users

[1.1] Team Liquid Minecraft Server - Page 189

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 187 188 189 190 191 211 Next
If you intentionally disrupt this server your actions will be reported to TL staff and action may be taken against your forum account.
Serejai
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
6007 Posts
January 21 2012 18:14 GMT
#3761
Server should be up now in its new home. Unfortunately there weren't any updates to plugins so things like trains, mob drops, etc still aren't working for 1.0, let alone 1.1 yet.
I HAVE 5 TOAST POINTS
enCore-
Profile Joined July 2010
98 Posts
January 21 2012 19:36 GMT
#3762
it says outdated server, what can i do?
Serejai
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
6007 Posts
January 21 2012 19:45 GMT
#3763
You need to downgrade to version 1.0 of Minecraft.

The easiest way to do this is to install Spoutcraft (http://dev.bukkit.org/client-mods/spoutcraft/) which is a client mod/launcher and replaces your default launcher. There is a dropdown menu to select any version of Minecraft, and you can simply select 1.0 from that list. It will handle the downloading and file swapping for you.

The manual option is to replace your 1.1 jar with a 1.0 jar which you'd have to google for.
I HAVE 5 TOAST POINTS
Pablols
Profile Joined August 2009
Chile519 Posts
January 22 2012 01:12 GMT
#3764
I can't build D: used the tlregister but it doesn't seem to work.
Do I have to wait? or is it not working?
Inane_Asylum
Profile Joined October 2010
United States196 Posts
January 22 2012 01:15 GMT
#3765
On January 22 2012 10:12 Pablols wrote:
I can't build D: used the tlregister but it doesn't seem to work.
Do I have to wait? or is it not working?


Did you get the code in your TL PM and use it in the MC server?
"Stare not into the playstyle of CatZ, lest it stare back into you." -TotalBiscuit
Pablols
Profile Joined August 2009
Chile519 Posts
January 22 2012 01:17 GMT
#3766
On January 22 2012 10:15 Inane_Asylum wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 22 2012 10:12 Pablols wrote:
I can't build D: used the tlregister but it doesn't seem to work.
Do I have to wait? or is it not working?


Did you get the code in your TL PM and use it in the MC server?

I didn't get any pm's, and the command doesn't give me any message or feedback so I'm not really sure if it worked.
Serejai
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
6007 Posts
January 22 2012 02:18 GMT
#3767
It seems to be broken at the moment. I probably didn't install something properly when I transferred everything over. Toss me a PM with your name or try again tomorrow morning (should have it fixed by then, just need to wait for Mino to wake up and tell me what this error message means).
I HAVE 5 TOAST POINTS
julianto
Profile Joined December 2010
2292 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-23 02:15:44
January 22 2012 08:57 GMT
#3768
Hey guys I'm breeding purple sheep ("creep sheep") in the swamp between Xaeryn's castle and the giant cobble wall & giant tree. I will use the purple wool as creep and creep-spread away from the castle and towards unoccupied land (Xaeryn acknowledged that I would be building away from his castle when we were both on. I just needed to find some sheep and they were near the castle). I think I may create a creep biome either on the swamp ocean or desert.
You can help if you want. We'll need lots of wheat and wool, so I'm thinking of making several cages full of creep sheep (is there a max for mobs and how big will the lag be?) and I'm also going to expand my underground wheat farm.

Several zerg structures I'm thinking of:
Spire - if the creep just so happens to be harassed/griefed by hellionfire, the spire will hold a reservoir of water to quickly extinguish and contain the fire. Made of purple wool.

Hatchery - When I've gotten enough space, I'll start building an official home shaped after the hatchery. Made of purple wool.

Zergling - Statues made of red wool (body) & white wool (tusks and wings).

Overlord - Acts like the spire. The overlord will pop and release an emergency reservoir of water. Made of brown wool. It will be vomiting purple wool.

Creep Tumor - I may ditch this in favor of the spires and overlords since they have utility and I don't quite know how to make the tumors look interesting. Will probably be made of brown or purple wool.
Do redstone signals travel faster than fire? I may use tumors to communicate with the spires and overlords so that they can release water in advanced.

Wacky Structures - The zerg race makes weird-looking structures all the time. Preferably made of purple, red, or brown wool.

Spawning Pool - Maybe it will contain lava (to match the red body of zerglings). Made of green wool and cobblestone.

Mutalisk - Aerial Statues made of purple wool (body) & red wool (wing membrane).
I guess I'll be playing mutaling.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Zerbra
Profile Joined January 2011
50 Posts
January 22 2012 18:19 GMT
#3769
+ Show Spoiler +
Do redstone signals travel faster than fire?



I'll assume you're talking about fire spread speed.

In terms of chunk to chunk travel speed:

1. Instant Redstone
2. Redstone
3. Velocity due to gravity
4. Water
5. Fire
6. Lava

(1 is the fastest).

Since redstone either works instantaneously or in measures of 1/16ths of seconds, it's pretty quick. Water is at least 2-3 times slower than redstone. Lava is at least 3+ times slower than water and fire spread is somewhere in between (closer to lava though).
julianto
Profile Joined December 2010
2292 Posts
January 23 2012 02:17 GMT
#3770
On January 23 2012 03:19 Zerbra wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
Do redstone signals travel faster than fire?



I'll assume you're talking about fire spread speed.

In terms of chunk to chunk travel speed:

1. Instant Redstone
2. Redstone
3. Velocity due to gravity
4. Water
5. Fire
6. Lava

(1 is the fastest).

Since redstone either works instantaneously or in measures of 1/16ths of seconds, it's pretty quick. Water is at least 2-3 times slower than redstone. Lava is at least 3+ times slower than water and fire spread is somewhere in between (closer to lava though).

Okay thanks. I'll try to come up with a redstone mechanism when the time comes. I wonder if fire triggers a redstone signal.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Zerbra
Profile Joined January 2011
50 Posts
January 23 2012 03:47 GMT
#3771
Fire can trigger redstone, but there's absolutely no reason why it should.
julianto
Profile Joined December 2010
2292 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-23 06:31:30
January 23 2012 06:19 GMT
#3772
On January 23 2012 12:47 Zerbra wrote:
Fire can trigger redstone, but there's absolutely no reason why it should.

The way I'm reading your post, it looks like it's contradicting itself.
Do you mean:
- fire can't trigger redstone signal
- there's a better mechanism than fire triggering redstone signal (I've seen one where an "on" signal will make the water flow, but wool/wood is blocking the "on" signal)
- emergency system is unnecessary because mods will undo the griefing
?

edit: I've just realized brown wool is made from cocoa beans (I'd need at least two cocoa beans), so I can't make brown overlords. They will be purple or most likely red.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
r.Evo
Profile Joined August 2006
Germany14081 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-23 14:31:23
January 23 2012 14:30 GMT
#3773
On January 23 2012 15:19 julianto wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 23 2012 12:47 Zerbra wrote:
Fire can trigger redstone, but there's absolutely no reason why it should.

The way I'm reading your post, it looks like it's contradicting itself.
Do you mean:
- fire can't trigger redstone signal
- there's a better mechanism than fire triggering redstone signal (I've seen one where an "on" signal will make the water flow, but wool/wood is blocking the "on" signal)
- emergency system is unnecessary because mods will undo the griefing
?

edit: I've just realized brown wool is made from cocoa beans (I'd need at least two cocoa beans), so I can't make brown overlords. They will be purple or most likely red.



Try asking around, I got mine rather easily when I needed them for the first bunch of sheep. If you're up for a journey I can also sell you like 2 brown sheep from my place. (south-west of harbour)

That project sounds so damn cool that I'll help out with the wool gathering, just not loggin on minecraft at all atm. TT
"We don't make mistakes here, we call it happy little accidents." ~Bob Ross
Zerbra
Profile Joined January 2011
50 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-23 18:30:29
January 23 2012 18:20 GMT
#3774
On January 23 2012 15:19 julianto wrote:
The way I'm reading your post, it looks like it's contradicting itself.
Do you mean:
- fire can't trigger redstone signal
- there's a better mechanism than fire triggering redstone signal (I've seen one where an "on" signal will make the water flow, but wool/wood is blocking the "on" signal)


Fire can trigger redstone indirectly similar to those piston related gizmos. Wood/Wool would be blocking the signal until moved/burned. When burned/moved, the signal would change, and the circuit output would flip.

+ Show Spoiler +
Fire can trigger redstone, but there's absolutely no reason why it should.


In order to burn a block, you would either have
1. piston/door open a lava flow onto/into the block (unless placed at the end of the stream, would destroy part of the circuit)
2. piston a flaming netherrock into the block (prolly won't be pushable in the first place)
3. manually light the wood block on fire with a flint and steel/bucket of lava.


If you want it automatic:

Would cause minimal circuit destruction.

[][]L[]
[][]P[]
[]________X <-----L for lava, P for Piston, X for wood/wool
``````````````````

==


[][]L[]
[]PL[]
[]LLLLLLLLLX <----- L for lava, P for Piston, X for wood/wool
``````````````````

vs.

Would most likely destroy part of of the redstone circuit along with the block.

[][]L[]
[][]P[] <----- L for lava, P for Piston, X for wood/wool
[][]X[]

==

[][]L[]
[]PL[] <----- L for lava, P for Piston, X for wood/wool
[][]X[]

In both cases, this is horribly slow.


In order to make any of it work though, the server would have to have fire spread ON. I'm unsure if it's on or not. Try burning some wood in a test scenerio. If the test wood/wool doesn't burn at all the fire starter definately won't work.


The second limiting factor
+ Show Spoiler +
Fire can trigger redstone, but there's absolutely no reason why it should.


The wood/wool is destroyed. You only get one shot. The only way to reset the circuit would be to manually (and tediously) replace the destroyed block, exhausting your wood/wool stock.
URfavHO
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States514 Posts
January 23 2012 18:43 GMT
#3775
On January 23 2012 23:30 r.Evo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 23 2012 15:19 julianto wrote:
On January 23 2012 12:47 Zerbra wrote:
Fire can trigger redstone, but there's absolutely no reason why it should.

The way I'm reading your post, it looks like it's contradicting itself.
Do you mean:
- fire can't trigger redstone signal
- there's a better mechanism than fire triggering redstone signal (I've seen one where an "on" signal will make the water flow, but wool/wood is blocking the "on" signal)
- emergency system is unnecessary because mods will undo the griefing
?

edit: I've just realized brown wool is made from cocoa beans (I'd need at least two cocoa beans), so I can't make brown overlords. They will be purple or most likely red.



Try asking around, I got mine rather easily when I needed them for the first bunch of sheep. If you're up for a journey I can also sell you like 2 brown sheep from my place. (south-west of harbour)

That project sounds so damn cool that I'll help out with the wool gathering, just not loggin on minecraft at all atm. TT

I can give you some cocoa beans. Just look for me to log in and make some obnoxious greeting like "HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"
julianto
Profile Joined December 2010
2292 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-23 21:39:47
January 23 2012 21:25 GMT
#3776
On January 24 2012 03:43 tryclops wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 23 2012 23:30 r.Evo wrote:
On January 23 2012 15:19 julianto wrote:
On January 23 2012 12:47 Zerbra wrote:
Fire can trigger redstone, but there's absolutely no reason why it should.

The way I'm reading your post, it looks like it's contradicting itself.
Do you mean:
- fire can't trigger redstone signal
- there's a better mechanism than fire triggering redstone signal (I've seen one where an "on" signal will make the water flow, but wool/wood is blocking the "on" signal)
- emergency system is unnecessary because mods will undo the griefing
?

edit: I've just realized brown wool is made from cocoa beans (I'd need at least two cocoa beans), so I can't make brown overlords. They will be purple or most likely red.



Try asking around, I got mine rather easily when I needed them for the first bunch of sheep. If you're up for a journey I can also sell you like 2 brown sheep from my place. (south-west of harbour)

That project sounds so damn cool that I'll help out with the wool gathering, just not loggin on minecraft at all atm. TT

I can give you some cocoa beans. Just look for me to log in and make some obnoxious greeting like "HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"

Thanks a lot for the replies, you guys.
@Zerbra That would be great if the fire spread isn't on, so that I wouldn't need this extinguishing system at all. I tested the most simplistic method (where a block of water is placed inside a overlord/spire-bulb) and the height of the water should be 4-5 blocks above the creep or else it takes too long for the wool to burn up to the water block.

The sheep farm is getting ridiculous. I've looked around for better farming methods, and I'm thinking of creating 2-3 of this compression cell:

...underneath my existing sheep farm. The creep sheep will fall into the cell, then I'll close off the top. After amassing a lot of creep sheep in the cell, I'll shear them all and kill them.

1.1 allows you to farm wool without feeding them wheat, so the majority of sheep farm tutorials are made for 1.1. When I get enough rails and powered rails, I'll build a linear version of this:
[image loading]

Lap 1 will be to plant the seeds. Lap 2 might be applying bone meal. Lap 3 will be harvesting. I won't make a tower like in the video, though.

The compressed sheep cell is very nice because when I build the hatchereee, the wool farm can fit inside the hatchery! I'll need one powered rail per cell. Right now I'd like to make 2-3 cells underneath my existing, space-hogging farm.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
snpnx
Profile Joined February 2010
Germany454 Posts
January 24 2012 15:21 GMT
#3777
Holy shit, I totally forgot about this... Just loaded up MC after a while, now I'll have to wait till the server updates to 1.1.
Sorry @Mino and Serejai btw, I totally forgot about the programming -_-
"Language is Freeware, in that it's free to use, but it's not Open Source, so you can't just change things how you like."
Melancholia
Profile Joined March 2010
United States717 Posts
January 25 2012 00:41 GMT
#3778
If I got on at any point between Sunday night and right now, it was the guy who stole my computer, not me.
julianto
Profile Joined December 2010
2292 Posts
January 25 2012 09:09 GMT
#3779
The glitched sheep keep getting out of the cell.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
gosuMalicE
Profile Joined March 2011
Canada676 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-25 22:50:37
January 25 2012 21:57 GMT
#3780
On January 25 2012 18:09 julianto wrote:
The glitched sheep keep getting out of the cell.

Ya if you watch the vid the guy says it doesn't work on smp, only on singleplayer.
I play Protoss, because lets face it, who doesn't love hyper-advanced Egyptian ninja-aliens that kill people with lightsabres attached to both arms?
Prev 1 187 188 189 190 191 211 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Kung Fu Cup
20:00
Kung Fu Cup Weekly #26
IntoTheiNu 826
RotterdaM318
SteadfastSC151
TKL 147
Rex87
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 318
ByuN 230
SteadfastSC 151
TKL 147
Rex 87
Codebar 39
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 32913
Shuttle 1707
Bisu 723
Jaedong 670
Horang2 527
Mong 366
Soulkey 307
actioN 272
Stork 264
Mini 251
[ Show more ]
firebathero 231
BeSt 202
Larva 201
Soma 189
EffOrt 139
Last 132
Rush 118
Zeus 115
Snow 105
ZerO 98
Free 77
Pusan 74
910 74
Hyun 70
Sexy 68
Mind 67
PianO 61
Yoon 50
Shine 49
Sharp 45
hero 41
Shinee 33
Bale 23
JYJ 22
HiyA 22
sorry 22
Aegong 19
ToSsGirL 17
Sacsri 15
Hm[arnc] 15
ZergMaN 15
scan(afreeca) 15
yabsab 15
Noble 8
Terrorterran 2
Dota 2
Dendi742
Gorgc631
canceldota83
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1251
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King210
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes409
Other Games
gofns62379
singsing2191
Lowko278
B2W.Neo253
DeMusliM201
Pyrionflax179
Livibee147
QueenE38
hiko36
Trikslyr29
ZerO(Twitch)9
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 503
Other Games
BasetradeTV186
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream42
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV516
League of Legends
• Jankos1319
Other Games
• Shiphtur586
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
3h 48m
The PondCast
21h 48m
INu's Battles
22h 48m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 10h
Replay Cast
1d 10h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
Patches Events
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.