• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:05
CEST 02:05
KST 09:05
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War375.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
We built a tool to spot smurfs at match start 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR?
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Rollback Netcode in Brood War Making an Online Broodwar Manager Game BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7925 users

[1.1] Team Liquid Minecraft Server - Page 177

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 175 176 177 178 179 211 Next
If you intentionally disrupt this server your actions will be reported to TL staff and action may be taken against your forum account.
urasyupi2
Profile Joined August 2011
United States810 Posts
December 20 2011 11:50 GMT
#3521
On December 13 2011 22:20 Serejai wrote:
Coming Soon™

Ughhhhhhhh blizzard soon. T_T Why do you do this to us?
hemeh
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Profile Joined December 2010
Denmark697 Posts
December 20 2011 13:21 GMT
#3522
Don't worry. As soon as we have confirmation on the last nessesary plugins (a matter of days) we will go live. As far as the world goes, we need to polish a few things like railway stations and terraforming, but apart from that the map is ready to go.

In related news, I've located a perfect spot for the new Echoing Caves and will probably begin the work 1-2 days after launch (time for people to get basic stuff to work with). Its close to the main city, and right next to one of the railways, making it easy to access.
I could still use more people to help make the caves tho.
Go try StarBow on the Arcade. TL thread: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=440661
r.Evo
Profile Joined August 2006
Germany14081 Posts
December 21 2011 00:04 GMT
#3523
On December 20 2011 22:21 Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:
Don't worry. As soon as we have confirmation on the last nessesary plugins (a matter of days) we will go live. As far as the world goes, we need to polish a few things like railway stations and terraforming, but apart from that the map is ready to go.

In related news, I've located a perfect spot for the new Echoing Caves and will probably begin the work 1-2 days after launch (time for people to get basic stuff to work with). Its close to the main city, and right next to one of the railways, making it easy to access.
I could still use more people to help make the caves tho.


WRAWRAWRAWRARAWAAARGH.

I wanna explore the map, too. =(


Looking for the perfect spot for some kind of uber medieval-like city with cool towers, castle(s) and all that good stuff. Not to mention the obligatory pyramids in the distance. It will be phun. (If anyone thinks that sounds cool, make sure to shout. <3)
"We don't make mistakes here, we call it happy little accidents." ~Bob Ross
Serejai
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
6007 Posts
December 21 2011 16:28 GMT
#3524
Server will open on Friday. If you haven't already registered your account I recommend doing so before then so you'll be able to play immediately upon login later in the week.

How to register:


On December 12 2011 06:39 Serejai wrote:
IP FOR STRESS TESTING: 173.53.106.115

Upon joining you will need to authenticate your account by doing the following:

/tlregister yourtlnamehere
Check your TL inbox for a PM from "Minecraft" containing a confirmation code
/tlactivate yourcodehere

This will set you up with permissions for the server when it opens, as well as helping us test to make sure the system can handle multiple queries at once.
I HAVE 5 TOAST POINTS
Archas
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States6531 Posts
December 21 2011 18:14 GMT
#3525
MY DICK IS HARD
The room is ripe with the stench of bitches!
]343[
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States10328 Posts
December 21 2011 18:29 GMT
#3526
oh god I've been playing on a server hosted on my hall at school... but the TL server absorbs infinitely more time
Writer
Xaeryn
Profile Joined September 2010
186 Posts
December 21 2011 18:38 GMT
#3527
I joined the server to see what was up, hopped into a weird black fountain thing, and am now in a world full of endermen repeatedly dying while unable to get out. D:

At least I'll be authenticated for Friday, this will likely be my favorite christmas present!
Archas
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States6531 Posts
December 21 2011 19:14 GMT
#3528
On December 22 2011 03:38 Xaeryn wrote:
I joined the server to see what was up, hopped into a weird black fountain thing, and am now in a world full of endermen repeatedly dying while unable to get out. D:

At least I'll be authenticated for Friday, this will likely be my favorite christmas present!

http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/The_End
The room is ripe with the stench of bitches!
xZiGGY
Profile Joined August 2010
United Kingdom801 Posts
December 21 2011 19:28 GMT
#3529
I kinda lost interest in minecraft again waiting for you guys to roll the server out :< best of luck guys <3
Meh.
TemplarCo.
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Mexico2870 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-22 02:45:27
December 22 2011 02:40 GMT
#3530
Yeah! I'm in the TL server! Well not much up, just Serejai standing there an some lava and know that I see a big something floating in mid-air.
With an average game length of 7m36s over his 6 games in GSL3, this is a no-brainer. BitByBit pulls more SCVs than yo momma at a club on Mar Sara. ♞
Cedstick
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
Canada3336 Posts
December 22 2011 02:45 GMT
#3531
Oh wow, there's a new vanilla Minecraft server up?! Think this might be what makes me play some Minecraft again. I havent' touched it since Round 2 of that Factions server.
"What does Rivington do when he's not commentating?" "Drool." ~ Categorist
Melancholia
Profile Joined March 2010
United States717 Posts
December 22 2011 23:03 GMT
#3532
Not quite Vanilla if you read a bit.
Serejai
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
6007 Posts
December 23 2011 04:00 GMT
#3533
Might be more vanilla than planned, actually. Spent three days doing one last test on all plugins before announcing an opening date. Literally five minutes after making that post, I restarted the server to update some final config changes and suddenly the monster spawning plugin stopped working in the main world.

Still works fine in other worlds, but the main world doesn't spawn anything at all. Completely baffled, as even after removing all other plugins and a fresh copy of the addon/configs it still won't work. So, I reluctantly uninstalled it and set up a different, less-flexible mob spawning plugin.

Just my luck - that one fails to work as well even without any other plugins running. Plugin dev has never seen it happen before and has no idea why it's throwing out errors.

In short, I'll probably have to stick with the default mob spawning for now. In addition, the transit plugin we use was updated yesterday to fix an issue where minecarts would lose speed when they weren't supposed to, and the fix ended up breaking the entire functionality of the plugin (dev estimates 1-5 days for a fix). So, trains won't be working for a couple days.

NPCs were updated to work with 1.0, but half of the plugin's functionality broke as well... so most of the NPC features I had in the game have stopped working (unit pathing, guards, quests). Most of the data is still there and will start working immediately as soon as the plugin is updated again, but so far no word from the dev. Oh, and the currency plugin we use has some issues in 1.0 and the dev hasn't been seen in over two months.

So basically half of the features we had up and running in 1.8.1 STILL have not been updated to work with 1.0 yet, meaning a shitload of the work we did back in 1.8 is forced to lay dormant until plugins finish updating to work properly with 1.0.

Thankfully the server is in a stable and working state, and all the work we put into it is still there... we just won't be able to enable a lot of things just yet.

Things that are ready but broken still in 1.0:

Trains (ETA 1-5 days for a fix)
Increased monster difficulty (no ETA... neither of the two plugins that do this work in 1.0 reliably)
iConomy doesn't 100% work in 1.0 (plugin dev is MIA for nearly three months now, no alternative for our needs)
Citizens doesn't 100% work in 1.0 (no eta - currently guards don't work, pathing doesn't work, and quests are extremely buggy)

And the biggest "fuck you" of all I've gotten from plugin devs thus far is that Spout/SpoutCraft is being discontinued and turned into a new server mod to compete with Bukkit. This means that, 2-3 months from now, we're going to have another clusterfuck of plugins being discontinued and ported over as happened in January of this year when Bukkit was formed to compete with hMod. I bolded this because there WILL be a ton of issues when this happens, and potentially weeks or months of downtime. You can read up on this here: http://forums.getspout.org/threads/new-years-resolutions.487/

I know this is kind of a rant, but it's one I feel justified in doing considering myself and a few others have been pouring hundreds, if not thousands of hours of work into this server over the last few months and at the end of the day a lot of our work has been rendered temporarily useless by things that are completely out of our control.

Ranting aside, the server will still open as planned tomorrow but as mentioned earlier it will be in a more vanilla state than I want. I'm just not willing to keep delaying this in the hopes that plugin devs get their shit together because it doesn't seem to be happening anytime soon.

To compensate for some features being inactive at the start I'll be putting extra effort into server events and making the world as dynamic as possible. In addition I will likely be fairly inactive for a few days because I'm quite honestly sick of Minecraft at the moment (or more specifically the plugin side of things). I'll be on for help and support, of course, but it's unlikely you will see me in the game world anywhere for a bit.
I HAVE 5 TOAST POINTS
Serejai
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
6007 Posts
December 23 2011 04:08 GMT
#3534
I feel I should note that while Spout being discontinued and turned into a new server mod is going to royally suck from an updating standpoint (clusterfuck, as I mentioned)... the reasoning as to why they are making their own server mod is pretty spot on, as Bukkit has been a huge disappointment and detriment to the game recently and I feel this is the reason so many plugin devs have been jumping ship.

I personally can't wait for a Spout server mod as their entire staff are extremely open, helpful, and organized (for the most part). I just don't see it being an easy transition when it happens and wanted to give a fair warning to everyone. I recommend reading their post, though.
I HAVE 5 TOAST POINTS
MiyaviTeddy
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Canada697 Posts
December 23 2011 04:42 GMT
#3535
Maybe I should pickup Java and learn to make plugins.

before I take an arrow to the knee
Aiyeeeee
OopsOopsBaby
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Singapore3425 Posts
December 23 2011 04:51 GMT
#3536
i just got into minecraft feew days ago. looking forward to this. id:yongming87
s3x2-2 xiao3x2+2 bone3+2+2
Serejai
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
6007 Posts
December 23 2011 06:47 GMT
#3537
Update on mob spawning, this is truly the dumbest shit I have ever seen.

The name of our main world was "Overworld". Has been for months now, including a few days ago when mob spawning was working fine.

Apparently, for some unbeknownst reason, Bukkit decided that it no longer approved of that world name.

First, I tried moving a secondary world (in which mob spawning still works) and renaming it to "Overworld". Spawning suddenly stopped working. This was my first "what the fuck?" moment. So then I took the actual overworld and renamed it to something else. Magically mob spawning started working again. This was the second "what the fuck?" moment because this was done on a fresh install of everything with no previous settings carried over.

I cannot for the life of me figure out why the hell Bukkit suddenly blacklisted my world name, but the monster spawning seems to be fixed for the time being. Hopefully it won't randomly stop working again.
I HAVE 5 TOAST POINTS
MiyaviTeddy
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Canada697 Posts
December 23 2011 07:13 GMT
#3538
Don't worry Serejai, once I know how to code in Java (experience of a highschooler :\), I'll try NOT to be this much of a jackass to you.

As a plugin dev that is
Aiyeeeee
Weebem-Na
Profile Joined May 2010
United States221 Posts
December 23 2011 07:43 GMT
#3539
I'm still waiting on my email confirmation but I'd like to play with y'all when I finally get that. I'll have the same name just with an underscore.

Weebem_Na
The reaction of boron-11 and plain hydrogen produces all its energy in the form of charged particles which can be directed by a magnetic field, but the reaction is very difficult to sustain and many fusion physicists doubt it will ever prove practical
Melancholia
Profile Joined March 2010
United States717 Posts
December 23 2011 10:08 GMT
#3540
Not gonna lie, I'm finding the random plugin dysfunction to be pretty funny. I mean, I would prefer that it wasn't an issue, but since it is I might as well laugh at how strangely some of it is coming apart.
Prev 1 175 176 177 178 179 211 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
08:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
CranKy Ducklings73
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ViBE128
ProTech121
SpeCial 91
StarCraft: Brood War
910 67
NaDa 24
Dota 2
monkeys_forever441
canceldota165
NeuroSwarm142
League of Legends
Doublelift4569
Other Games
summit1g6043
JimRising 420
C9.Mang0343
ToD61
PPMD31
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick687
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 107
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP62
• poizon28 35
• RyuSc2 24
• davetesta12
• Adnapsc2 9
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Scarra944
Other Games
• Shiphtur545
Upcoming Events
Big Brain Bouts
9h 55m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
16h 55m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
18h 55m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 9h
Patches Events
1d 14h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 18h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 18h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.