• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:48
CEST 15:48
KST 22:48
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
[Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7941 users

[1.1] Team Liquid Minecraft Server - Page 173

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 171 172 173 174 175 211 Next
If you intentionally disrupt this server your actions will be reported to TL staff and action may be taken against your forum account.
Serejai
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
6007 Posts
December 02 2011 00:43 GMT
#3441
You're welcome to try it and find out ^_^
I HAVE 5 TOAST POINTS
Chuiu
Profile Blog Joined June 2003
3470 Posts
December 02 2011 00:43 GMT
#3442
On December 02 2011 02:43 Serejai wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 01 2011 15:18 Chuiu wrote:
I'm just going to leave this here:

http://ci.bukkit.org/job/dev-CraftBukkit/

Its up to you if you want to try to stay ahead of the curve.


I'm well aware of unstable dev builds that cause entire world corruption and don't work with 90% of plugins...

If you dislike this server so much then go find another one? Growing tired of you trolling this thread repeatedly -_-

EDIT: Not trying to be rude or anything but this isn't the first time you've implied I don't know how to run a server by suggesting you have some insider info that I'm not using. I assure you I know more about the development status of Bukkit than anyone else on these forums and there simply isn't a stable option at the moment. I'm in contact with the devs on a daily basis, as well as the devs of multiple high profile plugins we use, and the mod system simply isn't ready for public use yet.

If you need an immediate fix of Minecraft there are tons of servers out there using the 1.0 dev builds, but I'm not willing to sacrifice server quality to be one of them :/

How am I trolling the thread repeatedly? I've made one post since MC went 1.0 and you can't even classify it as a troll post. I'm sorry you feel threatened by me but I've had no problems running the latest stable dev builds of bukkit and have numerous of the plugins I use working on my personal server. Theres only 3 out of 12 that I want not working. I'm not trying to say you open the server immediately and leave everything half-assed, I'm just pointing out that even without the 'official' release of bukkit 1.0 you can still do a lot with the dev builds. A lot of plugin authors are getting their plugins updated and working with the latest versions and a lot of unupdated plugins still work perfectly. Its a very far cry from your "90% of plugins" that you claim.

On December 02 2011 09:22 jorge_the_awesome wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 02 2011 09:01 Aeres wrote:
There are definitely a few ways to do it.

How? Can you explain?

I guess you could theoretically look in all random corners and caves for suspicious behavior, but xray/orefinder (zombe's modpack) is all client-side, no?


There is no way to 'detect' it, but there are ways of blocking it and there are ways to guess if someone is using it. There is no 100% definitive way of knowing, though.
♞
jorge_the_awesome
Profile Joined January 2011
United States463 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-02 00:44:54
December 02 2011 00:44 GMT
#3443
I mean I have used ore mods on other servers that banned them before, and nothing happened.
I tried googling it, but nothing came up.

How do you do that?
Edit: Nvm answered while I was writing.
"Clothes are stupid"-Tastosis "Every dragoon that has ever been made is dumber than a bowl of hair" -Day[9] "Where are you going to take this skill now?" Stephano- "To the bank!" "Baby stuck under a car and you can't lift it up? What a wimp"-Artosis
Jaso
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States2147 Posts
December 02 2011 01:09 GMT
#3444
Gawd so much hostility.

If you can't have a server that's got everything you want for a feature-full and stable server, why have it at all?
I don't think it'll take too much longer, anyways.
derp
Serejai
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
6007 Posts
December 02 2011 01:26 GMT
#3445
On December 02 2011 09:43 Chuiu wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 02 2011 02:43 Serejai wrote:
On December 01 2011 15:18 Chuiu wrote:
I'm just going to leave this here:

http://ci.bukkit.org/job/dev-CraftBukkit/

Its up to you if you want to try to stay ahead of the curve.


I'm well aware of unstable dev builds that cause entire world corruption and don't work with 90% of plugins...

If you dislike this server so much then go find another one? Growing tired of you trolling this thread repeatedly -_-

EDIT: Not trying to be rude or anything but this isn't the first time you've implied I don't know how to run a server by suggesting you have some insider info that I'm not using. I assure you I know more about the development status of Bukkit than anyone else on these forums and there simply isn't a stable option at the moment. I'm in contact with the devs on a daily basis, as well as the devs of multiple high profile plugins we use, and the mod system simply isn't ready for public use yet.

If you need an immediate fix of Minecraft there are tons of servers out there using the 1.0 dev builds, but I'm not willing to sacrifice server quality to be one of them :/

How am I trolling the thread repeatedly? I've made one post since MC went 1.0 and you can't even classify it as a troll post. I'm sorry you feel threatened by me but I've had no problems running the latest stable dev builds of bukkit and have numerous of the plugins I use working on my personal server. Theres only 3 out of 12 that I want not working. I'm not trying to say you open the server immediately and leave everything half-assed, I'm just pointing out that even without the 'official' release of bukkit 1.0 you can still do a lot with the dev builds. A lot of plugin authors are getting their plugins updated and working with the latest versions and a lot of unupdated plugins still work perfectly. Its a very far cry from your "90% of plugins" that you claim.

Show nested quote +
On December 02 2011 09:22 jorge_the_awesome wrote:
On December 02 2011 09:01 Aeres wrote:
There are definitely a few ways to do it.

How? Can you explain?

I guess you could theoretically look in all random corners and caves for suspicious behavior, but xray/orefinder (zombe's modpack) is all client-side, no?


There is no way to 'detect' it, but there are ways of blocking it and there are ways to guess if someone is using it. There is no 100% definitive way of knowing, though.


a) This is not the first time you've responded to me telling me I don't know what I'm doing. Feel free to start up your own server since I'm doing it wrong.

b) Unless your personal server runs 50+ players at a time you have zero experience that relates to what we're running. Multiple problems arise as you start going up in players (which is also why it's practically impossible to run anything over a 70 player server).

c) As I stated earlier I'm not willing to risk the work of everyone on the server by using an unstable, crash-prone build of Bukkit and plugins. It's stupid to spend 4-6 months working on a server just to rush it out before it's stable. As MisterD pointed out, "It works!" and "It's stable!" are two different things.

d) You have no idea what plugins we use on the server and your comments of "lol plugins work fine" are just outright ignorant.

e) There are ways to 100% know if someone is xray hacking. Sorry if you can't find them on google, but they wouldn't be very effective if people knew how they worked now would they?

Please stop posting in this thread if all you're going to do is troll and spread misinformation.
I HAVE 5 TOAST POINTS
Chuiu
Profile Blog Joined June 2003
3470 Posts
December 02 2011 01:44 GMT
#3446
A) I've never, ever, said you don't know what you're doing. You're taking some of my comments out of context.

B) As I stated before, I'm not saying you open up an unfinished server. I was pointing out that you can continue working on plugins with the dev builds of bukkit as many authors are doing, it is your choice not to.

C) That's what backups are for. I'm not saying you should risk all your hard work and rush things through.

D) No I don't, I was pointing out that you yourself are overstating the problem and that there are plenty of plugins out there being updated for or already working for 1.0. I never implied "lol plugins work fine", in fact I pointed out a quarter of the plugins I use aren't working fine.

E) Then I must be mistaken, but don't confuse me with jorge. From my experience there is no way to accurately detect x-ray hacks.

Once again, I'm not trolling. I would appreciate it if you would be more civil and cease the name-calling and accusations.
♞
jorge_the_awesome
Profile Joined January 2011
United States463 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-02 03:38:02
December 02 2011 03:37 GMT
#3447
But xray is all client side??? Supposedly there are some mods that are dumb and send a command to the server, but that doesn't need to happen.

Edit: I don't mean to get involved in this argument or troll people.
"Clothes are stupid"-Tastosis "Every dragoon that has ever been made is dumber than a bowl of hair" -Day[9] "Where are you going to take this skill now?" Stephano- "To the bank!" "Baby stuck under a car and you can't lift it up? What a wimp"-Artosis
MisterD
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Germany1338 Posts
December 03 2011 00:47 GMT
#3448
if someone digs a straight line through a mountain just to exactly hit 6 blocks of diamonds, it's pretty obvious he used an xray. And if he uses an xray hack, he'll probably do it more than once, in which case you can be fairly sure that he does use one. It's not a completely automated thing obviously.
Gold isn't everything in life... you need wood, too!
ThaZenith
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada3116 Posts
December 03 2011 00:50 GMT
#3449
Ya, it's pretty much common sense. People with xray act differently, and it's probably fairly obvious.
Melancholia
Profile Joined March 2010
United States717 Posts
December 03 2011 09:33 GMT
#3450
0_o
You're being unnecessarily defensive here, Serejai. If the scale of the server renders chuiu's points invalid then by all means point it out, but he's not wrong when saying that the server would be to some extent functional without a full update. That it wouldn't meet your standards is a perfectly fair position, but there's no need to insist that it's utterly unworkable unless you have a clear reason why that might be the case.
jabberwockzerg
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
United States294 Posts
December 05 2011 00:56 GMT
#3451
If you were to whitelist jphelps, that would be pretty sweet.
I put the money in the jacket, and the jacket on the kangaroo, and now he's hopping away!
Archas
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States6531 Posts
December 05 2011 01:03 GMT
#3452
On December 05 2011 09:56 jackphelps wrote:
If you were to whitelist jphelps, that would be pretty sweet.

The server's not live yet, bro.
The room is ripe with the stench of bitches!
MiyaviTeddy
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Canada697 Posts
December 05 2011 02:16 GMT
#3453
On November 30 2011 09:47 Aeres wrote:
What we're going to do is invite Woodzykiler onto the server, change everyone's name to Woodzykiler, and just ban at random until we take down the real one. It'll be great.


Omfg LOL
Aiyeeeee
Serejai
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
6007 Posts
December 06 2011 15:21 GMT
#3454
Just a quick update for everyone. The latest dev builds of Bukkit are close to being stable enough for public use so I'm expecting a release build sometime this week. In addition most plugins are near-stable with a few exceptions:

Block logging/rollback is not ready
Monster difficulty scaling is not ready
Region protection is not ready
Chest protection is not ready
NPCs are not ready (these actually were working well enough, but recently broke entirely in the latest dev builds)

These are all major addons and used by the majority of servers out there so I don't anticipate them taking too long to update, but we're exploring in-house updating of them as well (where applicable) just in case and also communicating all issues directly to the devs to speed up their work.
I HAVE 5 TOAST POINTS
Drolla
Profile Joined September 2010
United Kingdom389 Posts
December 06 2011 19:55 GMT
#3455
Is there any way in which I could help the server. I'm going to be laddering less until season 5 and would like to do something with the server, the PvP server was really fun and I imagine this will definetly be so as well.
Serejai
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
6007 Posts
December 06 2011 20:13 GMT
#3456
On December 07 2011 04:55 Drolla wrote:
Is there any way in which I could help the server. I'm going to be laddering less until season 5 and would like to do something with the server, the PvP server was really fun and I imagine this will definetly be so as well.


Not unless you know how to code Java. We have 4k+ Minecraft players on TL but so far only three have offered to help code, and all three have been tied up with school lately.

Everything else has been ready. We're just waiting on Bukkit + plugins to update right now.
I HAVE 5 TOAST POINTS
Archas
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States6531 Posts
December 06 2011 20:47 GMT
#3457
Minobot has arrived.

All is well.
The room is ripe with the stench of bitches!
Xaeryn
Profile Joined September 2010
186 Posts
December 06 2011 21:12 GMT
#3458
On December 07 2011 05:13 Serejai wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 07 2011 04:55 Drolla wrote:
Is there any way in which I could help the server. I'm going to be laddering less until season 5 and would like to do something with the server, the PvP server was really fun and I imagine this will definetly be so as well.


Not unless you know how to code Java. We have 4k+ Minecraft players on TL but so far only three have offered to help code, and all three have been tied up with school lately.

Everything else has been ready. We're just waiting on Bukkit + plugins to update right now.


I've done Java programming work before, but I have no experience with the minecraft code. If it's not too much of a pain in the ass to figure out what goes where I wouldn't mind helping out some. You can PM me if you want more detail.
Serejai
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
6007 Posts
December 06 2011 21:20 GMT
#3459
It's actually quite simple, I believe. I tried learning but I simply don't have the time to devote to learning a programming language at the moment. However, I understood what was going on... mostly. So for someone with actual Java experience I can't imagine it would be too hard.

I'll toss you a PM shortly.
I HAVE 5 TOAST POINTS
fofa2000
Profile Joined October 2010
Canada548 Posts
December 06 2011 21:21 GMT
#3460
Hi, could I join this server ?
I love minecraft and I miss a nice friendly server.
Would be very glad to, see ya there!
-smells likes tasty soup, what's the menu?-fresh jaedong style marine stew served with a glass of dragoon slush!-The food's any good?Quite unusual names, never heard-all my food's good, the kitchen's this way-btw whatu terarn doing alone in a zerg colony?
Prev 1 171 172 173 174 175 211 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Kung Fu Cup
20:00
Kung Fu Cup Weekly #26
IntoTheiNu 1070
RotterdaM535
SteadfastSC290
TKL 215
Rex120
CosmosSc2 35
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 535
SteadfastSC 290
TKL 215
Rex 120
CosmosSc2 35
Codebar 26
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 45081
Shuttle 2519
Jaedong 1117
Calm 1044
Horang2 810
Mini 624
actioN 544
EffOrt 530
Soulkey 479
Soma 360
[ Show more ]
Stork 301
Rush 294
Larva 282
BeSt 221
Snow 192
ZerO 171
firebathero 133
Mong 119
Zeus 106
Last 91
910 74
Mind 68
hero 67
Free 66
Hyun 58
Sharp 56
PianO 39
Pusan 34
sorry 34
Shinee 32
JYJ 26
Bale 25
Shine 25
Hm[arnc] 24
ToSsGirL 22
Sexy 22
Aegong 21
HiyA 21
Terrorterran 15
scan(afreeca) 12
Rock 10
Sacsri 10
Noble 10
Icarus 6
Dota 2
Gorgc4998
Dendi1276
Counter-Strike
fl0m1842
Fnx 575
edward49
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King170
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes585
Lowko371
Other Games
gofns24318
singsing2178
olofmeister1284
hiko588
B2W.Neo337
DeMusliM228
Livibee188
Pyrionflax166
Liquid`VortiX119
Khaldor76
QueenE73
Trikslyr60
ZerO(Twitch)15
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 1455
Other Games
BasetradeTV172
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream36
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH175
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2035
• Jankos1437
• TFBlade463
Other Games
• Shiphtur663
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
2h 12m
The PondCast
20h 12m
INu's Battles
21h 12m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 8h
Replay Cast
1d 9h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
Patches Events
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.