• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:04
CEST 03:04
KST 10:04
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Recent patches and the Future StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 5848 users

Magic: The Gathering - Page 73

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 71 72 73 74 75 665 Next
Shotcoder
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States2316 Posts
October 01 2011 23:39 GMT
#1441
On October 02 2011 08:33 Judicator wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 02 2011 08:23 slyboogie wrote:
No, I wasn't taking any sort of stance on UW control. I just think Puresteel Paladin shouldn't be in a UW Blade deck. But it wasn't like your one-liners were saying all that much either.

Also, why are Seachrome Coasts so damned expensive? <----- no snark. Genuine question.


Well my original comment was discussing the UW equip deck....

Because people like UW and want to hang on to the Blade deck.

In any case, I have no clue why people keep playing decks that scoop to Day. The WG Humans deck is a prime example...



It's just like when Scars came out a Kuldotha Rebirth decks were everywhere until people realized that pyroclasm was insane against it. I still think these decks are viable they just rely on certain metagame trends like RDW does. Which is why I think the WG token deck is more viable than the WG Humans due to the fact you have shrine to keep your board presence after a Day. and UW is self explanatory running counter spells against sweepers.
Shotcoder - C+ BW Terran, Gold LoL(ADC Main)
mordk
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Chile8385 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-02 00:09:55
October 02 2011 00:09 GMT
#1442
That RUG vengeance deck looks interesting, it reminds me of my beautiful astral slide deck
Shotcoder
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States2316 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-02 00:44:10
October 02 2011 00:20 GMT
#1443
On October 02 2011 09:09 mordk wrote:
That RUG vengeance deck looks interesting, it reminds me of my beautiful astral slide deck


I saw that too, looks like it's a lots of fun.
Shotcoder - C+ BW Terran, Gold LoL(ADC Main)
Cel.erity
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States4890 Posts
October 02 2011 01:21 GMT
#1444
On October 02 2011 09:09 mordk wrote:
That RUG vengeance deck looks interesting, it reminds me of my beautiful astral slide deck


I think it will be good after the whole block if we get some more flashback cards, right now it seems like it's not quite there. Plus, unlike Slide, it seems like it would just lose if it gets the Vengeance countered/revoked.
We found Dove in a soapless place.
520
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States2822 Posts
October 02 2011 02:34 GMT
#1445
On October 02 2011 10:21 Cel.erity wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 02 2011 09:09 mordk wrote:
That RUG vengeance deck looks interesting, it reminds me of my beautiful astral slide deck


I think it will be good after the whole block if we get some more flashback cards, right now it seems like it's not quite there. Plus, unlike Slide, it seems like it would just lose if it gets the Vengeance countered/revoked.

Dissipate would suck, but Memory's Journey for countered! :o

4 Geistflame
4 Think Twice
4 Desperate Ravings
4 Feeling of Dread
4 Dissipate
4 Forbidden Alchemy

4 Devil's Play
2 Blasphemous Act
2 Rolling Temblor

4 Snapcaster Mage

4 Burning Vengeance

4 Sulfur Falls
4 Clifftop Retreat
6 Island
2 Plains
4 Mountain

SB: 4 Ancient Grudge
SB: 4 Purify the Grave
SB: 4 Rebuke
SB: 3 Divine Reckoning


That's a rough draft of a Block Constructed version of Burning Vengeance. I'm not sure if it's any good, but it can only get better with time. I think RUW is better than RUG right now, even if W is pretty much only for the sideboard.
Writer
pullarius1
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States523 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-02 03:57:48
October 02 2011 03:57 GMT
#1446
I was going through my old HD and I found this screenshot I took that might bring you back.
[image loading]
It's from when V2.5 went down permanently. A giant wall of spam came next. Fun fact: I was an ORC (used to be called Adepts) back then and I was on duty for that shift. As such, I got to say the second to last thing ever typed in main chat :-)
@pullarius1
slyboogie
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States3423 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-02 05:06:31
October 02 2011 05:02 GMT
#1447
Top 32 are up at the SCG Indiana event. Top 8 goes:

U/W Illusions
U/W Blade (4 Heroes! Just 1 Geist of St. Traft! Respect!)
Two Mono-Reds (RDW is dead, long live RDW.)
U/W Aggro (basically "Humans.")
Two Tempered Steels
Solar Flare (Kind of an ungreedy Solar Flare. As far as Solar Flare goes.)

No control, good call Judicator. Not a beautiful performance by Pod and I'm off to sell my 2 Kessig Wolf Runs while they're peaking.

EDIT: Decklists
"We dug coal together." Boyd Crowder, Justified
BlueBird.
Profile Joined August 2008
United States3890 Posts
October 02 2011 05:12 GMT
#1448
Man love the illusions deck, looks so fishy.
Currently Playing: Android Netrunner, Gwent, Gloomhaven, Board Games
Judicator
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States7270 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-02 05:44:00
October 02 2011 05:40 GMT
#1449
I am willing to bet that none of the Solar Flare players figured that Spellskite is a good side tech.

And that t8 list is greedy as fuck in this current meta at least from my past week of testing. The fact that Elesh is in the board is indicative of that. Running a control shell makes the deck much more resilient from my testing. Makes the Pod match-up that much worse though.

Edit:

Yeah, the sideboards for the Solar lists are hilariously terrible, Nihil Spellbomb with no tutor and 2-ofs with the Surgical Extractions :\
Get it by your hands...
slyboogie
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States3423 Posts
October 02 2011 06:20 GMT
#1450
I thought Blue-Black Control would have a nicer showing :/ Maybe results will be better when control has had a lot of time to refine their decks and polish their play.

But look at all the 2-ofs in both top 32 U/B Control decks! Celerity will pop a blood vessel.
29th Place and 31st place.
"We dug coal together." Boyd Crowder, Justified
Cel.erity
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States4890 Posts
October 02 2011 07:10 GMT
#1451
On October 02 2011 15:20 slyboogie wrote:
I thought Blue-Black Control would have a nicer showing :/ Maybe results will be better when control has had a lot of time to refine their decks and polish their play.

But look at all the 2-ofs in both top 32 U/B Control decks! Celerity will pop a blood vessel.
29th Place and 31st place.


Those guys are complete randoms, and like I said, it's popular opinion among randoms that playing a 2/2 split is a good idea. That's why I try to give better advice.
We found Dove in a soapless place.
slyboogie
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States3423 Posts
October 02 2011 07:31 GMT
#1452
Yeah, I don't put a ton of stock in the results of really early tournaments. I just thought it was funny to see that, when the topic was just discussed. Not to belittle their accomplishments, of course.
"We dug coal together." Boyd Crowder, Justified
dignity
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada908 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-02 07:37:27
October 02 2011 07:36 GMT
#1453
Snapcaster mage seems as popular as ever...

Surprised to see no spellskites in top 8 which I find strange. I probably missed a few in their sideboards but the link currently isn't working so I can't check anymore.
Cel.erity
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States4890 Posts
October 02 2011 08:47 GMT
#1454
So, does anybody else feel like that illusions decklist is about as far from optimal as it gets? Todd said himself that it was for shits and giggles, so don't take the list too seriously.

For one thing, I think Grand Architect must be a lot better than Phantasmal Dragon. For another, I'm not sure if Snapcaster Mage is what the deck wants. Seems like those slots would be better used on Azure Mage/Phyrexian Metamorph/Molten-Tail Masticore. 4 Dismember seems like a lot since you can probably never cast the 3rd you draw, but I could be wrong about that. I think I'd prefer to have maybe 2 maindeck O-Rings. Gitaxian Probe seems like it's only there for Snapcaster Mage to be useful, and finally Mental Misstep is dead against half of the field.

The SB you can tell was thrown together hastily, so I won't harp on that too much. But I think Illusions has potential and I might play it at States, so what do you guys think about making a better list? IMO the main thing the deck is missing is some good tempo cards, it's just men and removal.
We found Dove in a soapless place.
dignity
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada908 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-02 09:13:57
October 02 2011 09:04 GMT
#1455
I actually play an illusion deck when I am not fooling around with my dragon deck. Grand architect is indeed much more solid than the dragon. I run a variant that actually includes sun titans since all the lord cards are 3 or less and phantasmal images make for great value with sun titan. I honestly never got why snapcaster mage was in such a deck to begin with. Then again I run a single blightsteel colossus in my deck in a hopes of a turn 4 blightsteel so what do I know.

To be fair to phantasmal dragon, it has its value in such a deck because by the time you get it out it is a 6/6 flying hexproof at the very least for 4 mana. I would just much rather prefer a wurmcoil engine in play since the lifelink really sways games. Both have situations where they would be better though.

Cel.erity
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States4890 Posts
October 02 2011 12:04 GMT
#1456
Not sure about wurmcoil. It could be sweet, just seems a bit expensive, and with their Dismembers always targeting your Architect I'd prefer not to rely on that aspect of the deck. Here's what I came up with in the past few minutes:

+ Show Spoiler +
// Lands
4 [SOM] Seachrome Coast
3 [INN] Moorland Haunt
4 [M12] Glacial Fortress
12 [MBS] Island (2)

// Creatures
4 [SOM] Grand Architect
4 [M12] Phantasmal Bear
4 [M12] Phantasmal Image
4 [M12] Lord of the Unreal
3 [NPH] Phyrexian Metamorph
3 [SOM] Molten-Tail Masticore

// Spells
4 [M12] Mana Leak
3 [NPH] Dismember
2 [INN] Dissipate
4 [INN] Think Twice
2 [M12] Oblivion Ring

// Sideboard
SB: 3 [M12] Azure Mage
SB: 4 [SOM] Revoke Existence
SB: 1 [INN] Dissipate
SB: 3 [INN] Purify the Grave
SB: 1 [M12] Oblivion Ring
SB: 2 [M12] Frost Breath
SB: 1 [REL] Phyrexian Metamorph


SB is obviously very up in the air, but I like the main...Think Twice was the final addition because I had no idea what else to do with the last four slots. Is it too slow?
We found Dove in a soapless place.
DEN1ED
Profile Joined December 2009
United States1087 Posts
October 02 2011 15:29 GMT
#1457
They talked to Todd after his quarterfinal match and he said the only thing he would change is a few more plains and oblivion ring in place of mental misstep. He also seemed very pleased with the dragons. From the games I saw they were very effective but the matches they showed with him weren't very good.
Risen
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States7927 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-02 16:37:18
October 02 2011 16:27 GMT
#1458
Cel: why the think twice in place of forbidden alchemy? From playing with forbidden alchemy I've found it to have such value. It is a three cost, but as I said, I've loved it every time it has resolved. I also love the idea of running a molten tail. Which, now that I think about it, does increase the value of think twice for the two card draw over just one. What's your reasoning?
Pufftrees Everyday>its like a rifter that just used X-Factor/Liquid'Nony: I hope no one lip read XD/Holyflare>it's like policy lynching but better/Resident Los Angeles bachelor
Cel.erity
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States4890 Posts
October 02 2011 19:30 GMT
#1459
On October 03 2011 01:27 Risen wrote:
Cel: why the think twice in place of forbidden alchemy? From playing with forbidden alchemy I've found it to have such value. It is a three cost, but as I said, I've loved it every time it has resolved. I also love the idea of running a molten tail. Which, now that I think about it, does increase the value of think twice for the two card draw over just one. What's your reasoning?


I think Forbidden Alchemy would be a lot worse in such a deck, since it's very redundant and not as dependent on specific cards like a control deck would be, plus Think Twice starts drawing cards a lot faster (2 mana is a lot cheaper than 3 for aggro, being able to turn 5 3-drop with Mana Leak open and just Think Twice instead etc.). Alchemy does fuel Masticore I guess, but other than that, not as good.
We found Dove in a soapless place.
Risen
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States7927 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-02 20:20:05
October 02 2011 20:19 GMT
#1460
Being able to discard the think twice to masticore and flashback is nice as well. It's a shame there's no room for dragons. I can't see where you could cut for them, though. Not without dropping all pretense of control/removal and going full aggro
Pufftrees Everyday>its like a rifter that just used X-Factor/Liquid'Nony: I hope no one lip read XD/Holyflare>it's like policy lynching but better/Resident Los Angeles bachelor
Prev 1 71 72 73 74 75 665 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 8h 56m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 102
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2581
Artosis 675
White-Ra 102
910 49
Dota 2
monkeys_forever660
NeuroSwarm193
Counter-Strike
m0e_tv242
Super Smash Bros
AZ_Axe170
Other Games
summit1g8428
shahzam607
JimRising 573
C9.Mang0291
ArmadaUGS70
Day[9].tv2
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick848
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream314
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 95
• davetesta18
• Letter147
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv2
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
8h 56m
Afreeca Starleague
8h 56m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
22h 56m
Kung Fu Cup
1d 9h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.